Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday

good morning all....how are you today?
    no doubt you will have seen the attacks that happened in London yesterday..the police officer,who gave his life up...served 22 years in the army ,to be brutally murdered by an as the papers delicately put it"An Islam terrorism inspired individual",and also the 3 other civilians who lost their lives after the car ploughed into them..one other died ,but he doesnt count ..the only benefit there is the taxpayer wont have to look after him in jail forever..
    already facebook is filling up with security experts and tactical advisors..!!The mayor of London is getting some stick after saying terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a big city..Alot of courageous things happened yesterday..the member of parliament who tried to save the police officer..he lost his brother in the 2002 Bali bombings..
    so to the injured and dead,my thoughts for all they are worth are with you...

and on to more mundane things ..yesterday didnt go too great...that little fountain in the garden..the water is stagnant ,so its coming out..new plan in the making..so I thought I would pump the water out....spent about 10 mins pumping it out ..till I realised ..we have had that much rain it was just filling up again ..duh!!
    and then I stood on and snapped my glasses..so now hotting about like Mr Magoo!!

so apologies for enny spelin mssteaks!!

brew time..

hiya snoopster ...thats it ..on the way down now in your working week!!over the hill...so to speak..what do you mean the yard is too small for pets...can you not have a couple of performing fleas or a pet worm?:yay: hope all is well with you...

hiya ppqp...best of luck with the endoscopy today.....big meal afterwards!!!go on treat yourself!!it looks a tad warmer out there today...nearly hanky on the head weather!!

hiya Sam ..hows you then?got yerself ready for skool yet?it wasnt so clever the first time round for me either!!what can they teach you ..soil gets you dirty ..water gets you wet....

hiya pauly hows you today then?whatcha been up to?you are noticeable by your quietness if that kinda makes sense....

hiya det ...how are you mate?all good ?as for 32 things....I wish...my list is a wee bit longer than that...without even stirring this slumbering brain I can think of 10...but thats me..not really into sitonyerass.com..hope you have a great day..as for the packaging job it is important..without the packaging the goods would get damaged ,if they were damaged people dont buy ,people dont buy company goes bump..company goes bump no job no more.................

hiya Lav ...good convo yustaday..hows cow country today then? I made a broccoli,mushroom and carrot stir fry ...with loads of garlic.......going to have a go at those boigers....heres a brew for you ..have a good day...

a big hello to all our readers far and wide..have a great day.

pauly...

Some Scousers in Liverpool are moaning that there are not enough Scousers on the telly.
    The BBC agreed and will now be showing CrimeWatch 3 times a week.

Delivery man on the M5 breaks down so he flags down Paddy. He says to him, "I've got six monkeys in the back. I'll give you £100 if you'll take them to Bristol Zoo for me." Paddy agrees. Two hours later he sees Paddy driving the opposite way with the monkeys still in the back! He flags him down and shouts across, "I thought I told you to take them to the Zoo?" Paddy says, "I did, but I had £30 left over, so I'm taking them to the Cinema now."

- What are you doing standing in front of your little oven holding a surf-board? You don't even know how to surf...
    - I thought I'd start with microwaves...

- I saw this sign that made me sh!t myself!
    - Oh yeah? What did it say?
    - "Out of order"

There's this pregnant woman standing at the bus stop. I young boy approaches her and asks:
    - What are you expecting?
    - The bus, she replies.

Two lunatics meet in a bus:
    - He buddy, what time is it?
    - Friday
    - What a coincidence, I get off at that stop too!

A kayak renter is sitting by the lake keeping an eye on his customers.

At one point he announces through the loudspeaker:

- Hey, no. 99, your time is up, please exit the lake.

10 minutes later he repeats:

- Hey, no. 99 you are 10 minutes overdue, exit the lake or I will charge you overtime.

20 minutes later:
    - no. 99 you are already 20 minutes overdue. For your information, I'm charging you double!

At this point, a boy working for the kayak renter approaches him and says:

- Boss, which no.99 are you referring to? The numbers only run up to 74.

The kayak renter trembling, hastily grabs his loudspeaker and says:

- No. 66 are you alive?

Murder at Woolworth's
    Tired of constantly being broke & stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife with himself as the beneficiary, and then arranging to have her killed.

A 'friend of a friend' put him in touch with a nefarious dark-side underworld figure who went by the name of 'Artie.' Artie explained to the husband that his going price for snuffing out a spouse was $5,000.

The husband said he was willing to pay that amount, but that he wouldn't have any cash on hand until he could collect his wife's insurance money. Artie insisted on being paid at least something up front, so the man opened his wallet, displaying the single dollar that rested inside.

Artie sighed, rolled his eyes, & reluctantly agreed to accept the dollar as down payment for the dirty deed.

A few days later, Artie followed the man's wife to the local Woolworths Supermarket. There, he surprised her in the produce department & proceeded to strangle her with his gloved hands. As the poor unsuspecting woman drew her last breath & slumped to the floor, the manager of the produce department stumbled unexpectedly onto the murder scene. Unwilling to leave any living witnesses behind, ol' Artie had no choice but to strangle the produce manager as well.

However, unknown to Artie, the entire proceedings were captured by the hidden security cameras & observed by the store's security guard, who immediately called the police. Artie was caught and arrested before he could even leave the store.

Under intense questioning at the police station, Artie revealed the whole sordid plan, including his unusual financial arrangements with the hapless husband who was also quickly arrested.

The next day in the newspaper, the headline declared...

'ARTIE CHOKES 2 for $1.00 @ WOOLWORTH'S'

I am a bit nervous... I've never been with a call-girl before...
    - Honey relax and tell me what you like....
    - I like beef burgers

What an ugly little girl..
    - That’s my daughter....
    -Sorry. I didn’t realize you were her father.
    - I’m her Mother...

the garden

20170323_080354.jpg

and its latest additions...

20170323_075100.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; March 23, 2017, 03:13 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Thursday

Just lost a long post, darn. Have a good one all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy56 View Post
      Just lost a long post, darn. Have a good one all.
      Found it!!!!!!!!!

long_post_classic.png
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

:hahaha: You are such a handy guy to have around.

Snoop...I feel your pain.

Guzzling my coffee this morning. T-165 minutes to nothing by mouth. Decided to go into work this morning as sitting around home will drive me nuts. Will check in with everyone tonight.

Have a Thunderous Thursday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the jokes are hysterical today! Garden looks great,mine finally got cleared when I drank cuz I had been avoiding clearing the weeds cuz of allergies but I figured I'd feel like shit the next day from the beers anyway so I decided to tackle it,now I still need to break up the ground more,add some new soil and figure out what to plant that'll thrive,PQ,guzzling coffee too,didn't sleep great cuz it got cooold overnight and I kept waking up much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thursday ABerooonies!

Mick, sounds like a trying morning, sorry to hear that.
            Lovely garden pics. Is the duck a visitor or one of your pets?

Snoopy, all I can say is argh! sorry.

Pauly, being sick is a trigger for me I've found. I just have to be aware of it.
            Glad yer in the swing of things. Feel free to PM any time

PPQ, still fasting then?

One brew number two and getting revved up for the day. A good, happy AF day that is.

catch ya after work

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...
              Home from the procedure and everything went well. He did find some type of ring (have to research that) and a hiatal hernia. Not experiencing any heartburn or reflux so will see what he says in a couple of weeks. One down now on to the biopsy.

Mick...meant to say the garden is looking great. How does the visiting duck get on with the rabbits? Didn't realize he was actually in the garden, thought he was on the other side of the fence.

Pauly...were not even close to starting the garden here. Hope the allergies didn't kick in.

Det...hardest part of this morning was to remember not to drink water. Sounds like you found a fit with that group I'm so happy for you.

Think it's a linguine and salad supper tonight, I'm a tad hungry. LOL
              If I don't check back have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Glad everything went OK PQ
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Mick, I'm very sorry for all of you who grieve over this issue.

In fairness to the mayor, it might be better to quote his entire message, there was a huge BUT after that sentence.

1st surgery tomorrow.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Sk...good luck tomorrow and hope it's the beginning of the healing.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

So, Mick Magoo - the ducks got over the fence after all?
                      It's so sad about yesterday's terror attack. I understand a man from the US (on his 25th wedding anniversary trip with his wife) was one of the victims. The whole thing is so very sad.

PQ, great that your procedure went well today. Enjoy the linguine & stay away from Dr Google tonight

SK,, wishing you the best tomorrow!

Det & Pauly, feeling sick, under the weather or just plain depressed was a drinking trigger for me too. Now that you are aware of the trigger now is the time to plan ahead. What can you & will you do the next time this situation crops up? Plan to succeed, Right?

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

back for more AF fun ABeroooos,

bit frustrated this morning dealing with some tiny parts so small I couldn't hardly manipulate them but i got it figured out and after lunch things went nice and smooth happy to say.

Lav, yes indeed, plan for AF success is my game. I want to feel great like this forever

Mick, I forgot to offer my condolences on the horrid attack. It's hard to relate to that kind of thing.

well, off to wind down.

be well loves and sweet dreams
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X