the sunday quicke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sunday quicke

guess who forgot about the clocks going forward...................................hiya all its a mad dash ,so just a quick jump in this morning with a brew..hope you are all well..

Rules for the Pilots
    1. Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.
    2. If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger. If you pull the stick back, they get smaller. That is, unless you keep pulling the stick all the way back, then they get bigger again.
    3. Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.
    4. It's always better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here.
    5. The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
    6. The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
    7. When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.
    8. A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the plane again.
    9. Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    10. You know you've landed with the wheels up if it takes full power to taxi to the ramp.
    11. The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival. Large angle of arrival, small probability of survival and vice versa.
    12. Never let an aircraft take you somewhere your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier.
    13. Stay out of clouds. The silver lining everyone keeps talking about might be another airplane going in the opposite direction. Reliable sources also report that mountains have been known to hide out in clouds.
    14. Always try to keep the number of landing you make equal to the number of take-offs you've made.
    15. There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately no one knows what they are.

I was talking to my mate today and he said, "Don't forget the clocks go forward this weekend."
    I replied, "They go forward all the time, you stupid git."

2 Irishmen working in a field, Paddy is digging holes, Mick is filling them in. After 9 holes a woman walking by asks, "Why are you digging a hole and the other lad is filling it in?" Paddy replies, "There's normally 3 of us, but the lad who plants the trees phoned in sick today."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: the sunday quicke

Congratulations to Lav, eight years AF is awesome.

Shout out to all, have a good AF Sunday.

Comment

Mick...you always make me laugh...

Lav...you are an inspiration...

Have a Super Sunday All....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, now you get to suffer the time change Mick..I'm still not used to it. Lav,congrats on 8 years,I can't wait to finally be at peace like you are PQ,nice cake,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Sunday!!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE everyone. Couldn't log in this a.m.
          Huge congrats to Lav. Enjoy the accolades from everyone, you so deserve it.

I found a scorpion in my bedroom. Forgive me if I already told you. Hard little buggers to kill. Even dead he had that nasty tail up.

Uber keeps showing up and I haven't called them. Hard enough to walk, let alone bending knee in a car.

When I removed the bandage to inspect the incision I must have re-bandaged it too tight. My toes looked as they could explode. Fixed now.

A beautiful day today and windows open.

Enjoy this day.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Happy Sunday ABeroooos!

Lav, mega super kudos to you on this 8th year of AFness for you. Keep up all the fantastic work!

Mick, hope you caught up with the clock and all is ok.

super tired again today. I worked my tail off last week and really grateful for the downtime. Doing laundry and watching movies..
            nothing major excitement-wise in garlicville.

SK, uber is just coming to your house without a call? that's new. Glad yer taking good care of the knee.

shouts to Pauly, PPQ, travelling TTops, Nora, Sunflower, Sam, Pie, anyone else?

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

ps... SK, I have a UV LED light that I use to hunt for scorpions in the house and especially when camping.
              It makes them glow bright yellow like a cartoon character. really!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanks for the congrats & the cake & the poems, feeling blessed

Mick, time change weekend? Now you know how we feel. I think I have finally adjusted, ha ha!

Happy wedding anniversary to you SnoopStar!

PQ, awesome cake, thank you!

Pauly, I do feel much more peaceful than I did 8 years ago, that's for sure. That's what makes it easy to stay quit - gratitude

SK, a scorpion in your bedroom? Not sure how I would handle that. Please be careful & hope the knee continues to improve.

Det, I think we need to balance everything to be our best. Health diet, exercise, sleep, rest, etc. It's a bit of work figuring it out but once you find what works for you - stick with it by all means

SF, I know western PA is always colder than it is over this end & they get more snow too. My daughter did one year at the University of Pittsburgh & said enough - she transferred to a college back this way.
                A little thoughtfully prepared 'alone time' can be very good for the soul.

Hello to the rets of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X