wed three one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed three one

mornin all...hows we today then?all good I hope...not stopping long in fact its a hi goodbye...got to go up to oldham 2 parcels that the evr so kind post man decided to take back to the depot...most either leave them with a neighbour or put them in safe place ..obviously not this guy..lovely day out there so want to get on...fixed my table saw this morning planted up tomato plants ..anyone want some?
    thread change over tomoz...be there ..be square..have a good one ...and heres a brew too the noo fir you...

Got arrested last night for refusing to pay my bar tab.
    Apparently at club tropicana the drinks aren't free.

facebook just reminded me,,,this was me 39 years ago....far left ..Mr Happy...

.10373687_587596311354796_1253791278995434855_n.jpg

18739939_1453264404740978_8296783025136789083_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: wed three one

morning all,
    thanks for the brew, Mick. So what changes occurring? been kinda out of the loop a bit.

gots plenty of mater plants, no soil dry enough to plant them.

off to the soiled world.
    have a good un

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, I've been thinking about the merging threads and I'm not too sure about it,can't we keep them separate and just do this one weekly or monthly? I feel like I use each thread I post on for different things, I remember the Army and Steppers were gonna merge at some point but it never happened and I'm glad cuz I have respect for each thread and the regulars on them the way they are,I dunno maybe I'm being territorial or just not thinking straight, turned my phone on and seen my poor dad tried to call last night,I'm upset I missed it,Jon and my sister with downs syndrome live with my dad but now that Jon's gone my dad's basically alone and I know being in that house just has too many memories,my sister really can't comfort him cuz she's mentally about 6-7 years old and only cares about her VHS movies,breaks my heart,sorry for being a downer,,more coffee needed I think,much love to ALL hope today is a nice AF Wednesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We could call it The daily Thread-June 2017 or the daily no booze krew June-2017?

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hipauly ,just read your post..that is really sad about your dad and sis...we can only support and listen to you..so whatever you wanna say do so.....next point ...I have got no hang ups with any waty the thread goes..except..in the main tho def not all the time its me that kicks the job off..sometimes it is nice to get that help or someone start it for you..which does happen agreed ..but there are a few times when its been not started till late doors ,and yet you look and over 40 people have been on the thread..its tooo easy to say hi we are starting..
          secondly conversation breeds conversation so we need peeps to get on to say something...also the other thread that Lav cyn snoop are on ...is very much more in depth if you understand?.....As I say ..no problem whatevr is the choice...go for it pauly...your call.!!!:thumbsup:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick,I don't want to decide,,we'll make Lav decide haha

Comment

Hello...........just poking my nose in.

How's about weekly? Haven't had a weekly thread for yonks.

Sending more hugs, to you Pauly, darling.

Handsome young devil there, Mick. Love a man in uniform
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I like Jackie's idea

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Hello...........just poking my nose in.

How's about weekly? Haven't had a weekly thread for yonks.

Sending more hugs, to you Pauly, darling.

Handsome young devil there, Mick. Love a man in uniform
                  Jacs ..no wonder you are almost Scottish..good idea.....as for the pic.......all thats changed is......I dont wear uniform any more..!!!!!

Comment

Hello so will it be weekly? It's 1 June here already but I don't want to start anything without a consensus.
                    Sorry you are in such a state Pauly.
                    I understand Micks feedback about always starting - I did that for a bit and it's not always easy. I agree with Mick that a conversation type thread would be better. Otherwise it's just checking in. For many here this is the only thread they regularly post on. We are all trying to be abstinent or have been for many years and I think we need more than the quick check ins.

Comment

I'd never noticed the views before..so who's viewing and not spewing? The whole forum does seem quiet ATM though,seems we get new peeps then they vanish,lotta oldtimers have left,I just dont know,TT,how are you feeling? I hope better

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, you were extremely young in that pic, smile or no smile
                        Our mail delivery lady leaves packages in the weirdest places, FedEx drops packages upside down right in the middle of the driveway & UPS leaves them right at the front door - go figure.

About the threads, I would be happy to just leave things as they are. Years ago I often started this thread each morning but then I got too busy watching grandkids & had work stuff going on. Now I don't sit down until nearly bedtime to check in, things change.

Hello to Sam, did you have sunshine today too? It was nice to see it show up after a long absence

Pauly, that's sad about your Dad, maybe he is going to need some help with your sister. Is there a day program somewhere that she could attend? Did she get any schooling?
                        My son-in-law has a younger adopted sister who is mentally challenged as well. She had minimal schooling but at the age of 32 now she has a job helping out in a day care, she is good with little kids.

Hello to SnoopStar, TT, JC & everyone checking in today.
                        Have a peaceful night one & all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I will comply with whatever.

Yep, handsome dog there, Mick.

Pauly, that is sad for your dad, but you have a lot on your plate just now.

Quick summary, the apt. I signed for isn't the one provided, have to re-schedule everything, will move Sat instead of this past Monday. Had my car towed for $300.00, didn't realize it was a reserved spot.

Very busy. Stock market win allowed me to buy new b/r furniture. This mattress is not a good one, post-surgery. It's a pillowtop. Anybody have recommendations for mattresses. Innerspring seems so last year. I am thinking 12" memory foam firm. I had a gel top and the gel kept moving about and I'm not a heavy person. Also, new bed, new sheets and comforter.

I forgot to fill my dog's water bowl today and I feel very bad about it. She's getting treats tonight.

Mick, I took ballroom dancing in Oldham when I was about 11.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Mick, thanks for the dapper pic of you.

Pauly, so sorry to hear that. hang tight xxxxxxx
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X