Optimistic October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Optimistic October

Cyn,interesting that you mentioned careenegan,I was just reading this morning about it being a neurotoxin kind of like MSG but I dunno,,its in the almond milk I buy and I feel sort of "off" when I drink it I wonder if its the cause? Have a great day
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Halloween friends,

Shame that the day has been tainted by a terrorist attack in NYC. My goes out to those injured & lost their lives

I won't be able to see the boys in their costumes, unfortunately, didn't last year either since I cannot go over to their house anymore. If my grumpy DIL was out of town or something I would go. But, my daughter is texting me while she takes my granddaughter around their neighborhood so at least that's something.

Star, I agree with you in that I will not let my son off the hook. He does owe me for a lot, a whole lot!!! I worked my a$$ off getting him thru his ADHD childhood & financed him thru college, not to mention all that I've done for him since, haha! I do know when not to push him though, he's doing what he can.
      Glad you enjoyed some awesome grandson time, good memories Have fun with your FOK class, you can share new tips with us.

Pauly, my granddaughter is a witch this year, ha ha! She's been looking forward to wearing her 'outfit' for many weeks!!
      About the dairy free milks - I have to go easy on them myself. I thing the carrageenan bothers me too. I have found the non-refrigerated organic almond milk by Pacific Foods to be the most agreeable although it does have carrageenan. It comes in the 32 oz tetra paks.
      I am not a fan of any medicine, honestly. I only agree to take what I know I absolutely have to take. I agreed to take Lexapro 13 or 14 years ago because I was desperate & wanted something to help keep me from murdering my spouse. He was going thru his supreme sh*thead stage & I wanted to kill him. It worked in that it kept me from committing murder but left me numb & I didn't like that! It also didn't change his behavior any, naturally & it didn't stop me from wanting to drink. Amoryn was the only thing that helped lighten my mood & allowed me to kick AL out of my life once & for all. Nothing, good or bad that has happened since has pushed me into wanting to drink again. For me, this was a miracle, honestly.
      You mentioned that Amoryn elevated your B/P. Are you sure about that, did you have it checked? Possibly what you were feeling was your mood starting to lift & the benefit of the B vitamins in the formula. Give it a little more thought. Sometimes when we've been feeling down for a long time we actually forget what it's like to feel 'normal'. I know I did, for sure!

SK, I'll bet you & your granddaughter will have tons of fun rock painting - awesome
      I hope all the fairies are in a safe place now, Lol

Cyn, I saw on the news that someone's house in NH (I think) literally came off it's foundation & fell into a river as a result of the storms, geez!
      Glad you didn't have anything that severe, goodness!
      I've never read the Harry Potter books either - I'll have to borrow them from EB when he's done with them, ha ha!

I hope everyone has a nice night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all -

Just sipping my cup of tea and thinking about the fragility of life.

Lav, I'm glad that you at least got regular "witch updates" from your daughter, that must have been fun. Loved reading your preferred costume choice would have been Mueller! Lol.

Pauly, I don't know about carrageenan being a neurotoxin, but it is definitely bad for the GI system, and that has a lot to do with brain function, so maybe. The tetra-boxed plant milks generally don't have it in them, and I think that there's a gallon-size Almond Milk (not Silk) that also is c-free. Just another thing to add to the to-do list... Read Labels! Good luck finding stuff that works for you. How was your Halloween?

SK - I love this painted rock idea, have fun with that ---

Star - did you have a lot of kids to your house? How did grandson do?

Seems like a good day to hold loved ones close, and be grateful for every little normal thing in our lives. Wishing all a safe day.

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn I did read that Silk quit using carageenan in 2014 and I bought that brand this time,usually I buy almond breeze or whatever's on sale,so many ingredients in all of them though anyways,Halloween seemed kind of slow this year for some reason,I feel like after that shooting happened that Vegas people seem a little down,probably cuz it hit close to home and tbh I think there's a lot about that situation that is being withheld,,not trying to be a conspiracy theories person but it just seems a bit fishy to me,very sad about NY Star,hope you had a great day with the kids yesterday,oh we had two little one year old twins dressed as Superman so cute! They were shy and scared of our inflated skull haha,Lav,hope the little"witch" had a fun time last night and I hope your son comes around eventually,wouldn't hold my breath though cuz men are weird and not very sentimental I think,,I told my brothers let's make absolute sure we stay in touch more especially after what happened but I text,no answer,basically just short comments on fb oh well,wishing us all a wonderful AF Wednesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends!

I just realized we need to start a November thread, ha ha!

Had a fairly low key, mostly cloudy day around here & I just didn't bother doing too much, oh well.
            My thoughts are now turning to the holidays & what exactly I am going to be doing about them this year. This is when I feel really PO'd with my DIL. Because of her I can't do what I have done all my life - gather family together to celebrate. Crap! I got thru the holidays last year so I'll get thru them again this year I suppose.

Cyn, I truly am grateful for each & every day that we have. Life can be cut short instantly, we should not hold grudges or delusional fantasies such as the ones my DIL holds.
            I will probably be searing for a T shirt with a Robert Mueller image on it for my holiday wear
            The little witch got quite a haul of candy last night, oh boy!

Pauly, I'm not a bit surprised that Halloween wasn't as festive as usual in Las Vegas. It takes a good long while for things to normalize after such a horrific event.
            I have to agree with you about men/boys - they really don't care about the stuff we care about & they can't even be bothered to pretend. Why I was blessed with three brothers & no sisters, a miserable father & indifferent husband is beyond me
            I really, really appreciate my daughter & granddaughter, ha ha!!

Hello to Star & SK, hope you are both well.
            Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X