Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 8th

MAE ALL...where did the day go!!!

Lav...well there was a smattering of snow overnight and nothing stuck so the trip to the echo was uneventful and went smoothly. Also managed to get the new blood work done on my way to work this morning. Dang, I'm on a roll!!

Mick...things went swimmingly (lol) at the echo, I actually had a really good day. I got to admit I like the wood top best. Nice finds, got any room for them? Haven't seen a picture of your curio cabinet in awhile, it must be getting pretty full.

Sam...bummer about the sleep, I know how that feels. Saw somewhere to try and turn your brain off, think of a word, any word, let's say horse, and think of all the words that start with h. I haven't tried it yet but thought I'd pass it on.

Pauly...sounds like a tough situation, it's got to be rough on your brother and his family. Sounds like Christina is better off where she is which also makes it hard. Cheated on dinner last night, take out burgers, but tonight I'm making FIsh & Chips. Sometimes it's ok to feed a craving. LOL To be honest with you I have never tried a corn dog. Hope your day was good.

Done with all my appointments now till the cataract surgery on the 24th. That is unless the Doc calls when she gets the latest blood tests. Hey TT, been thinking of you. Got to get dinner on the table so hope you all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had another cool & damp day here but not bad really.
      I got my Flu shot at 9 am & haven't croaked yet so I'd say it's been a decent day, ha ha!

Mick, nice pics! It's hard to believe yo find so many tiny pieces like that, awesome.
      I guess you could call us pension hogs, ha ha. YB retired from his police job in 2003 & has been collecting that one ever since. He retired from the last job a little over a year ago & has been collecting that one ever since. The hospital gave me the option of collecting my pension at 66 or taking it all at once in a lump sum last year so I did. Now YB has been getting his SS for the past year & mine is starting in January. We are now making more money retired than I ever imagined possible. But we don't tell the kids about any of this because we shut down the money flow to them years ago, LOL
      I hope you find a happy place for your trees for the winter

Sam, hiking the AT sounds awesome. I wish I had done that when I was younger because now I don't want to carry all that weight on my back.
      My friend has two kids who are naval officers stationed in Hawaii. One is single so she rents a place but the other is married with two kids so they bought a very, very expensive house. I'm sure they won't be there forever but they do really like it for now. What would your son be doing for work over there?

Pauly, I imagine your sister qualifies SSDI. Maybe a social worker could arrange for a home health aide to help look after her at your Mom's house, get her to appts, etc. There are ways to work around unwilling family members, honestly.

PQ, I hope you are OK & your testing went off without a hitch today.

Have a nice night one & all.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey all, sorry to be unhappy Det but my house got burgled yesterday while at work so it was a very late
        night with police reports etc. and today fixing the busted door they kicked-in. my sleep sched is so messed up
        now but going to rack out early. I'm just exhausted and not happy about being violated.
        Mick, great pics and finds.
        more tomorrow.
        gnight loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Oh Det that's awful! Did they take much? Glad you didn't get hurt though,Lav my sister's SSI got cut off cuz they said she was too"high functional" bullshit! My dad or somebody needs to get her reevaluated soon
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

mornin all....Im off down to my bro s as soon as it is light ...so will take some pics down there too...Det sorry about the boiglaree...did they get much ....at least you are ok ...was it insured at all?not raining here..well I cant see it anyway ..

hiya ppqp...cabinet still has room for some bitz and pieces ...Fish n chipz ...now thats reel food...

hiyaLav...hows you then?I agree wit ya ...its amazing how much loot you dont need as you get older!

hiya pauly ..you ok ?

big brew all round ....off to get ready x
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...at least you and YB worked when there was still pensions available. Nowadays it's not an option.

Det...so sorry to hear the news. How unsettling. Are you ok? Any idea why you were targeted or were there other break ins near you? One work day left and hopefully you can regroup over the weekend.

Pauly...I take it you don't live near your brother. I think a re-evaluation is definitely called for.

Mick...you be mindful of your back with that Belfast sink. You don't need any more pain in your life.

After my post last night I went to bed and thought that can't be right, no appointments till the 24th? So checked my schedule again and had forgotten I've got 3 more at radiology on Tuesday. Standard annual female stuff and temps supposed to be around 63F so no snow to deal with. Should be an easy day. Feeling much more confident in my job responsibilities after talking with the boss, so just riding the wave till salary announcement. Hope we all have a Fabulous Friday...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick enjoy your the at your brother's Det I'm still shocked that you got broken into,I'd be so pissed! A few years ago someone tried to steal my car right out of the driveway,luckily it has an anti theft device in it but it still has the messed up metal by the door handle PQ,fish and chips sounds great! Much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Friday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Det, I am so sorry to hear about the break-in. That just sucks!
                  In this day & age you can usually expect a rash of break-ins where there are a bunch of drug users near by. Sad statement but true.
                  We live in the middle of nowhere but the two houses directly across the road have been broken into in the middle of the day as well as one two doors down from here I understand your feeling of being violated. Security cameras may be a good idea? We have a security system here for a little peace of mind.

Mick, I hope you had a good day with your brother & didn't do anything to hurt yourself, LOL

PQ, sounds like you have everything under control - good woman!!!
                  These weather fluctuations are weird but can work to our advantage, right?

Pauly, is your sister able to work? If not then she definitely needs to be re-evaluated for assistance. What a shame.

Not really sure what I did all day but I was busy, ha ha.
                  Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

whew! big week over thankfully. I'm just looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. ahhhh, the simple pleasures are the best ones eh?

PPQ, I'll join you for chish and fips anytime! looooorve them. (if done right and not soggy).
                    yer sounding positive... yay!

Lav, ya prolly youngsters on the wrong path or druggies... I have no idea. They got about 5K worth of stuff.
                    could have been worse. still sucko.

Pauly, what kind of anti theft thingy do you have on your car? that's a good idea.

well, time to make some chow I'd say.

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin all...chish n fips ?Im up for that ...its serious biz over here ...there is a national competition to see who cooks the best ones...anywaze how are we today?all good I hope..took me 3 hrs to get to bros yustaday..a smash on the motorway ,rolling road block and lane closure...plus everyone in the wureld trying out their cars..it was nice to see him..he keeps going into hosp to get bits of stomach removed,(cancer)but he has said no more ...thats it..which makes me sad,but....he has also got a little dog ...Fergus a Parson Jack Russell not a normal Jack Russell ....here he is

20171013_122159.jpg

20171013_123810.jpg

also saw the canal boat that he has bought to do up..its a big one.

20171013_110306.jpg

20171013_110631.jpg

and this is the view from the bottom of the garden.....

20171013_111223.jpg

as we were growing up we were so different,and yet now we are so alike..he never stops either, collects crap,etc...so nice to see him..I need to do that more often.

brew time....

hiya det how are you then today?5k worth of stuff they got ..grrrrrrr wire the windows and doors to the mains when you go out!!

hi Lav ...no injuries...how are you then?all good I hope ..are you kid/dog watching over the weekend?here you go ..the morning brew...

hiya pauly how are you today then?hope you are well ...weekend is here,you any plans?

hiya ppqp..oh dear forgetting apptmntz?sink got there in one piece..soon be raise day,,,you doing anything over the weekend or sofa surfin?think I am out tomorrow tectin..

big hello to everyone else....

My ventriloquist dummy knows when to keep his mouth shut .
                      I'll say that for him.

The year is 2222 and Mike and Maureen land on Mars after accumulating enough frequent flier miles. They meet a Martian couple and are talking about all sorts of things. Mike asks if Mars has a stockmarket, if they have laptop computers, how they make money, etc. Finally, Maureen brings up the subject of sex. "Just how do you guys do it?" asks Maureen. "Pretty much the way you do,"responds the Martian. Discussion ensues and finally the couples decide to swap partners for the night and experience one another. Maureen and the male Martian go off to a bedroom where the Martian strips. He's got only a teeny, weeny member about half an inch long and just a quarter inch thick. I don't think this is going to work," says Maureen. "Why?" he asks, "What's the matter?" "Well," she replies, "It's just not long enough to reach me!" "No problem," he says, and proceeds to slap his forehead with his palm. With each slap of his forehead, his member grows until it's quite impressively long. "Well," she says, "That's quite impressive, but it's still pretty narrow...." "No problem," he says, and starts pulling his ears. With each pull,his member grows wider and wider until the entire measurement is extremely exciting to the woman. "Wow!" she exclaims, as they fell into bed and made mad, passionate love. The next day the couples rejoin their normal partners and go their separate ways. As they walk along, Mike asks "Well, was it any good?" "I hate to say it," says Maureen, "but it was pretty wonderful. How about you?" "It was horrible," he replies, All I got was a headache. All she kept doing the whole time was slapping my forehead and pulling my ears."

An old man and his wife lived deep in the hills and seldom saw many people. One day a peddler came by to sell his goods and asked the man if he or his wife wanted to buy something. "Well, my wife ain't home, she's gone down to the creek to wash clothes, but lemma see what you got," said the man. The peddler showed him pots and pans, tools and gadgets, but the old man wasn't interested. Then the man spotted a mirror and said, "What's that?" Before the peddler could tell him it was a mirror, the old man picked it up and said, "My God how'd you get a picture of my Pappy?" The old man was so happy, he traded his wife's best pitcher for it. The peddler left before the wife came back and spoiled his sale. The old man was worried that the wife would be mad at him for trading her best pitcher, so he hid it in the barn behind some boxes of junk. He would go out to the barn 2 or 3 times a day to look at the "picture" and eventually the wife got suspicious. One day she got fed up and after he retired for the night, she went out to the barn. She saw the mirror behind the boxes, picked it up and said, "so this is the hussy he's been foolin' around with!"

One day a guy dies and finds himself in hell. As he is wallowing in despair, he has his first meeting with the devil...
                      Satan: Why so glum?
                      Guy: What do you think? I'm in hell!
                      Satan: Hell's not so bad. We actually have a lot of fun down here. Are you a drinking man?
                      Guy: Sure, I love to drink.
                      Satan: Well you're gonna love Mondays then. On Mondays that's all we do is drink. Whiskey, tequila, Guinness, wine coolers, diet tab and colas. We drink till we throw up and then we drink some more! And we don't worry about getting a hangover because you're dead anyway.
                      Guy: Gee, that sounds great!
                      Satan: You a smoker?
                      Guy: You better believe it!
                      Satan: All right! You're gonna love Tuesdays. We get the finest cigars from all over the world and smoke our lungs out. If you get cancer no biggie, you're already dead, remember?
                      Guy: Wow... that's awesome!
                      Satan: I bet you like to gamble.
                      Guy: Why yes, as a matter of fact I do.
                      Satan: Cause Wednesdays you can gamble all you want. Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Slots. If you go bankrupt... you're dead anyhow. Do you do drugs??
                      Guy: Are you kidding? Love drugs! You don't mean...
                      Satan: That's right! Thursday is drug day. Help yourself to a great big bowl of crack, or smack. Smoke a doobie the size of a submarine. You can do all the drugs you want, you're dead, who cares.
                      Guy: WOW! I never realized Hell was such a cool place!
                      Satan: You gay?
                      Guy: No...
                      Satan: Oops You're gonna hate Fridays.

A man was on holiday in the depths of Louisiana, where he tried to buy some Alligator shoes. However he was not prepared to pay the high prices, and after having failed to haggle the vendor down to a reasonable price level, ended up shouting "I don't give two hoots for your shoes man, I'll go and kill my own "croc!," to which the shopkeeper replied, "by all means, just watch out for those two "ole boys" who are doing the same!". So the man went out into the Bayou, and after a while saw two men with spears, standing still in the water. 'They must be the 'ole boys' he thought. Just at that point he noticed an alligator moving in the water towards one of them. The guy stood completely passive, even as the gator came ever closer. Just as the beast was about to swallow the him, he struck home with his spear and wrestled the gator up onto the beach, where several already laying Together the two guys threw the gator onto its back, where-upon one exclaimed "Darn! This one doesn't have any shoes either!".

Q: Why did God make only one Yogi Bear? A: Because when he tried to make a second one he made a Boo-Boo
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...yes it is sad your brother's decision but it's his to make. At least you have the chance to spend time with him. What an ordeal getting to his place. You really luck out don't you! It must be really strange living on a canal. My weekends my own starting with cooking a batch of my baby back ribs and meeting up with girlfriends for supper tonight. Sunday cooking up a big batch of spaghetti sauce for easy weekday meals.

Det...wow, 5K. Did they get your new toy? Hoping you have a peaceful weekend. :hug:

Lav...there's lots of isolated acreages around here with no visible signs of life. You just know what's going on in there! Canada is going to legalize marijuana and then tax the hell out of it. Instead of shutting down the black market I think this will help it!

Pauly...is your anti theft device a "claw". The car alarms seem to go off so often that nobody pays attention to them anymore!

Off to get another brew and read the rest of Mick's post. Hope I remember to go to my Tuesday appointments! Have a Super Sober Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick glad you enjoyed time with your brother,was wondering how he was doing but too timid to ask,yes defo spend more time with him,that martian joke has got to be the funniest one ever hahaha!!! Det I had a heck of a time when I text you spelling out renasaince fair(that still don't look right!) 5 k is a lot of loot! Not sure what the anti theft is in the car,think its factory cuz it shuts the motor down,who knows I just drive it PQ,glad everything went well at the echo,hope your day is great,Lav no sister can't work,she's mentally about 5-6 years old,has a hole in her heart and after the seizures requires meds and constant oxygen,so yes defo not "too high functional" I think my family is a bit lazy,ok a lot lazy,or maybe there's just too much going on right now,I've dealt with Jon's passing but yet some days are a piece of shit! I'm sure my family still feels the same,poor Kell went to the docs yesterday and came home in tears cuz the doc was upset she's gained 8 more pounds,I told her screw him! She's quit smoking,had a loss this summer,her grampa was diagnosed with cancer,she quit her pain meds for her back,etc,she doesn't need to be chastised for pregnancy weight gain thats not even excessive IMO all that matters is the baby and her are healthy someone come kidnap me so I don't hafta go to work!!! I hate Saturday up there,much love to all and big hugs to all let's have a great AF day!

Comment

X-post PQ,hubs premade kabobs to marinate last night for tonights dinner so you and I will be eating like queens this Saturday

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, what a day you had, goodness.
                              Sorry to hear about your brother. I have a feeling he is happy with the choice he's made & will do all he can to enjoy his time left, good for him. That's quite a boat, very nice! My neighbor had a Jack Russell just like that, his name was Parker. He used to sneak into everyone's houses & take naps on the sofas. Thanks for the info btw - now I know what I need to do if I ever meet a Martian, ha ha!!!!

Det, that's quite a haul, 5K!
                              Don't know about your area but there's a huge heroin & opioid problem here. The governors in PA, NJ & MD have all made TV commercials begging people to seek treatment. People have been dropping like flies for quite some time. Users have to fund their addictions by robbing us of our possessions, so sad.
                              I hope your weekend is mellow & you make something good to eat. I made a veggie coconut curry in the crockpot today!

PQ, I am afraid of forgetting appointments too - almost paranoid. So far so good though, haha!
                              I think pot should be legalized & taxed just like AL. Each state would make a shitload of $$ on that venture. Have a fun night out with your friends!

Pauly, your sister sounds a lot like my son-in-law's adopted sister. That girl is not receiving social services either due to lazy/too old parents. It's a shame, really! All of these special needs kids need to be evaluated by social services - that's what those organizations are for, geez.
                              I hope your day was OK despite not really wanting to go, Lol

I am meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow before she returns to FL. Making plans for a day out with my daughter on Monday so I'm happy.
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X