w/c 29f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 29f

mornin all ...on the way out tectin ...cant stop ...clocks wet back last night ...weather nice ish today ..hope you are well. great pic det ...Lav I know what he is talking about !
    Last edited by Mick; October 29, 2017, 02:13 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 29f

Mick--you got me all excited about the clocks going backwards!! Apparently not here . Problem with the "thinkers" and "doers"....is the "thinkers" end up in management and tell the "doers" what they should do, but the "doers" know that it is a load of crap . The number of times my manager would come up with something stupid for us to go out and sell, after sitting in the conference room for days with the other managers....ugh!

Lav--I always tell me kids that I know being a teenager is hard and you could not pay me a million bucks to go back. He had found this really nice girl and they really put a lot of thought into dating and breaking up. They broke up because they realized they were too young to be dating. They are still good friends and not much has changed---just that they don't consider themselves dating. I'm glad he got to experience a minor heartbreak, before the big one comes along.
    Teen suicide is hard and it opened the doors to have many conversations. We had similar ones before, but this was more real. I think about a lot of crap I went through as a teen. I was picked on at school and home was miserable. I escaped into books. The reality though is, suicide wasn't even on my radar. And if it had been I could have seen the temptation to just escape life--without the dept of understanding.
    So many people miss when their kids were "young"---I'm always like "yeah, maybe for 5 minutes it would be fun". Some people dwell on it. I'm just not one of the people. Time doesn't stand still.

Det-raising kids is so hard. If people really understood how hard, humans would have been extinct years ago. A fun example would be....we bought a 3rd family car today. Mainly so my 16 year old can drive the younger one to school and get to work. My 16 year old explains to me that since he has to work tomorrow and now that his Dad has his own car, his Dad can return his overdue library books. Then he went on to explain to me that he is tired of having to do everything himself. This one is going to get hit hard by life, if I don't kill him first.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick hope you find cool stuff SF,I think these kids these days are just sooooo different than previous generations,seems like no matter how great the parents are these kids still feel entitled! I dunno if it's too much technology,dealing with a different world,etc,hubs says I coddle Brady too much,maybe that's it cuz like you said he's getting hit hard by life,unrealistic thoughts about the cost of things,what he's planning on doing,keeping crazy hours,ugh,hope he "grows up"eventually,hope I "grow up" eventually haha,much love to all and hoping for a great AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Couldn't get on at all yesterday. Tried earlier this morning and still no luck. Just checked now and success. Have to head out to my Dr.'s appointment though so will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good Monday Morning, All. PQ, is that a follow up appointment on your cataract surgery? I did some reading back yesterday, then got booted off before I could post.

Have any of you reached a point where you felt that it's not enough just to be sober? Not to minimize sobriety at all, but I'm wondering what's next, or now what? Maybe this is a crossroads or turning point? I'm most interested in your thoughts.

Comment

just managed to get on here couldnt at all since yurstadays post found nowt detecting yesterday!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE AGAIN ALL...

Mick...glad to see you finally got on. Were you detecting at the same spot as last weekend? Maybe you got all there is to get.

SF...our clocks get turned back this weekend. There's a real push in Alberta to go the way of Saskatchewan and not change the clocks. So far the nay sayers have won. I'm glad the break up was an easy one and that it opened up more conversations. Nope, don't miss when my kids were younger, not even for 5 minutes. Sounds like you 16 year is definitely going to get hit hard with life. It's amazing how many things just don't magically appear in the cupboards, like toilet paper.

Pauly...I agree that a lot of kids have an entitlement attitude. The sorry thing is most of them don't learn the "work/reward" concept. It's like when I took a year off after the divorce Friday's didn't mean anything anymore. They do now! LOL

Pi...good to see you. Had cataract follow up day after surgery and everything is great. Today's appointment was with the rheumatologist. She has to get my RA medication approved yearly. I'm due for a shot on Wednesday so I hope the approval goes through quick as I can feel the inflammation starting up.
              I gotta say that after 5 years I have never felt what's next or now what? I tend to remember the anxiety, depression, hangover's and health scares and just thank god that I'm not dealing with that anymore. I do remember people saying that at meetings I used to attend so it may be a turning point. Hopefully you'll get some more insight from the rest of the gang.

Left over Sunday dinner (prime rib roast and all the fixings) for supper tonight so I'm off to nuke. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

None of us were able to post yesterday, hmm. Things seem to be working better now!

Mick, no goodies to share with us from your detecting? Sorry
                Maybe you have met the limit on finding stuff, who knows?

SF, I truly do not miss dealing with my kids as pre-teens BUT once they got a little older & developed their grownup personalities things improved, ha ha!
                I remember having my daughter drive her brother to scout meetings or music lessons for a while, it gave me a break from the exhaustion of it all.
                I am ever so grateful that my kids were pretty stable emotionally, not perfect but no severe ups & downs. I really feel for families that have to figure that stuff out on top of everything else. Both of my kids are now in jobs where they see the results of teenage drug & alcohol use, sad stuff. All we can do is teach them well & hope for the best I guess ;0

Pauly, as an older parent I am completely amazed watching today's teens & younger adults with their entitlement issues. Where the hell did that come from? No one gave me anything, my kids worked for 'extras' that I didn't feel responsible for giving them. I just don't know yet I see it all the time. I think one gift I would give these young folks is a ride to a career counselor! They need to sit with a mature adult, not related to them who would help them make a life plan.

PQ, I hope your checkup was perfect!

Pie, I know that 'what's next?' feeling & thinking.
                I had a lot of upheaval going on when I was a year+ AF. YB decided to run out of here without notice, not a word. I knew one thing for sure, I wasn't going to drink. The rest was completely unknown so I just decided to seriously live one day at a time & let the situation work itself out, one way or the other. I didn't know that he was going to wander back in 4 years later, still don't know why, WTF? You can do nothing like I did, just wait & see what happens OR you can start to imagine what you would like in your future. They say it's never too late to make changes or try something completely new - it's your choice! What do you see yourself doing in a year or 5 years?

OK, wishing everyone a nice cozy night. We have the first fire of the season going & it's nice.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahoy ABeroooos!

big work day and I'm beat, so a quickie here as I'm making din din.
                  I also couldn't post yesterday...?

Pie, that's quite a question and can get very complex. What are your dreams/aspirations? bucket list?
                  do you feel something specific is missing in your life?

stove is making noises... gotta run.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mueller is coming.....
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

mornin folks.....or in some cases dobroye utro comrade............................... Mueller is coming ...sounds like the coke lorry advert at Xmas ..Santa claus is coming!

how are we all today then?good I hope ..went to Julies dads yesterday,the meals on wheels turned up ,no problems at all...he seemed to enjoy it ..so will go back down today again....

going detecting on new land this weekend ... greenhouse emptied,the rabbits are pleased now ...they have got their winter plalace back!

ok brew time...

hiya sk ..all ok with you?

hey det ..how are you today then feeling any better today then?

hiya Lav...how are you today then?hope all is well ...yes Ithink most of the goodies went previously out of the ground...its not like they are getting replaced..here you go ...a replaceable brew! you are right about the kids ..there is a gap where they are just a pain,I want I know dont tell me the world owes me ........and then as you say they develop their own personalities...fortunately I was a quiet shy retiring sort of child.................

hiya Ppqp...how are you then ? so your clocks go backards this weekend?glad your eyes are ok ...as for the ra ..you dont look old enuff fir that kinda stuff!!

hi Pauly how are you today then?I hope all is good in the world of pauly

hi pie nice to see you ...good question..I dont look for more now that I dont drink ,but I do look to do more things...and the reason I am able to do them ,is because I can drive without worrying ,I can go places without being nasty arrogant etc ,I can talk to people without stinking of drink and can hold a pleasant convo ,my nature has changed my outlook has changed...I try and help people ...and I feel proud of me what Ive done and those I help not necessarily just on here..lots of little things that actually make me feel worthwhile..I dont look for whats next ...the whats next is looking for me ,,,its whatever I want .

hiya sf ...yep I remember those management meetings..ffs ..

minute of the last meeting

action plan update which was complete woffle and usually ended up with loads of excuses why nothing had been done!!

then a whole melee of crap

any other business

the same items would appear month after month...I recall a nick I had just move to as the head of the residential ie all the cellular accom it was a female nick...an item I saw appearing on one meeting was whether to allow the women to buy chupa lollies from the canteen ...why? because they could poke someones eyes out with the stick!!someone forgot about fingers and another million things!!and that was a pretty senior meeting!

nuff said...

right big shout to all who are in the background ...yoo hoo..

It's that day again when people come up to me with their scary faces and frightening clothes with their hands held out wanting money.
                      I fcking hate my job at the benefits office in Liverpool.

22728981_1596660987067985_5972423757159719989_n.jpg

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick it was nice of you to start a birthday thread for Byrdie sounds like everything is good with you,how's Julie's dad doing? Better I hope,much love to all and wishes for a AF Happy Halloween
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad to hear the meals on wheels is in place and that FIL is happy with it. Maybe having a non family member stopping in daily will help with his depression. RA is often misdiagnosed as a sore back. A lot of damaged could have been saved if it was discovered back in my teens. Arthritis isn't just for old people.

Pauly...today's your big day. I hope you have a blast Halloweening. Bet it's going to be a lot warmer there than here. Forecast had been ok up until yesterday. Now they're calling for freezing rain just as the kids will be going out. It's the start of our predicted snow storm.

One last Dr.'s appt this morning. Follow up on the bone density test. Then I get to hunker down and wait out the storm. Still have to go to work but I can handle anything in 2 blocks. LOL Hope we all have a Terrific Tuesday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Okay, I'll ask: Who's Mueller?

Thank you all very much for your comments on my question. I wrote a lengthy reply about what I'm feeling, and then erased it. But, you've given me much food for thought which I appreciate more than you know. :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                              Okay, I'll ask: Who's Mueller?

Thank you all very much for your comments on my question. I wrote a lengthy reply about what I'm feeling, and then erased it. But, you've given me much food for thought which I appreciate more than you know. :heartbeat:
                              mueller is a an investigator given the job of looking into the Russia /Trump link..ex Marine,ex director of the FBI and ex attorney..he is reputed to be as straight as a die ..and dunt take no hassle ...If I was Trump.and had skeletons in my closet I would be pretty worried!
                              Last edited by Mick; October 31, 2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X