w/c 29f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 29f

Every bad thing that's happened in my life is because of alcohol and it's not only my drinking but the drinking of others too
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just a quick check in as I have to go dig my car out this morning. Supposed to snow all day! Will check back later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Be safe PQ

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

First snow sounds exciting, PQ. Too bad about the digging out part. Thanks for the vote of confidence on my bond-forming mission. It seems a bit like trying to change from being right-handed, to being left-handed, but Lav, I agree with you that we can learn most anything we want to learn. I don't know how much change will be possible, but believe that I can improve by putting forth the effort.

Pauly, having to stay engaged and talking with your clients all day sounds draining, even if you are a people person. Det, you're right, so I guess this bucket list item might read: Become less of a hermit.

SF - I love your no bullshit way of expressing your thoughts! Mick, you said the other day that since getting sober your nature and outlook had changed. Is this something you worked at, or did it just happen?
          Last edited by Pie; November 2, 2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Home safe and sound but man there's a lot of snow out there. Expected to snow all night so will have to dig out again in the morning. It's really not that bad it's just the wind that gets you.

Mick...will that pipe cause problems in the fuel tank? Thought the you tube link would be Julie doing her richard cranium impression but this one was good too.

Pauly...I'm one of those that would just as soon not chit chat at the hairdressers. Yup, lots of snow, winter doesn't just slowly appear it just dumps on us with a laugh saying I hope you're ready. "Every bad thing that's happened in my life is because of alcohol and it's not only my drinking but the drinking of others too"...you took the words right out of mouth.

Det...the combo salad was good. LOL Sticking with good old Chinese tonight. I agree with the UK Study with AL causing the most damage.

Pi...like Mick my nature and outlook changed too. For me it just happened and took me awhile to realize it. I used to be angry all the time, anxious and had a negative outlook on life. I am a much calmer person now and as far as life, what happens, happens and I know I can handle it.

Shout out to Lav...you're probably posting right now. Hope we all have a safe and peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

You beat me by 40 minutes PQ, ha ha!!!
              Sorry about all that SN*W, boo, hiss
              I don't mind a snowstorm or two but not this early in the season, geez.

Pie, I really have come to believe that once we rid ourselves of addiction(s) we can be anything we want to be. We do need to remember that changes won't happen instantly when we quit but if we stick to our plans then we are clearing the way for change to come. The Universe is on our side - believe that!

Det, I am happy to hear that you are moving forward in your life too. Keep the good friends around & don't isolate - great plan!

Hi there Pauly & Mick!
              Here - take a tour of Longwood without having to travel
              Longwood Gardens

I spend an enormous amount of time wondering & worrying about where our country is going. This seems like one epic nightmare to me, I can't believe it's real.
              How did we end up with this enormous a$$hole in charge?
              On that happy note, I will wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oy ABerooos!

I'm so bad... pizza for dinner. weeeeeee! these 11 hour work days just wipe me out and sometimes I just need a little break
                from traditional cooking at home.

PPQ, getting the snow workout I see. I just hate snow/ice driving but it will be upon us in a couple of days. They don't plow the
                roads often where I live.

Pauly, saying it like it is! ditto that sister.

Lav, you crack me up I recall every president in my lifetime as an A hole personally. That's my 2 cents on politics for the night. This
                guy just doesn't hide it very well which is kind of funny.

Pie, dunno what the limitations on human brain changes are, but let's find out!

Mick, it was more like weird noise than music but we had a blast.

arritey then... more pizza. oink.

gnight loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                  Pie, I really have come to believe that once we rid ourselves of addiction(s) we can be anything we want to be. We do need to remember that changes won't happen instantly when we quit but if we stick to our plans then we are clearing the way for change to come. The Universe is on our side - believe that!
                  Glad I checked in. Clearing the way for change.... love it! I'm going to bed believing the Universe is on my side. Thanks Lav.

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                    PPQ, getting the snow workout I see. I just hate snow/ice driving but it will be upon us in a couple of days. They don't plow the
                    roads often where I live.
                    I have experienced driving on your winter roads...no thank you! Your posts are sounding so much more upbeat Det, keep it up.

Comment

mornin all how are we today then?all good I hope ..well for me yesterday the day got worse ....my bestest reading glasses ..I thought they were a bit mucky,went to clean them and they were scratched to bits....phoned the opticians up ,took them in ,,,went through the "I dont know how this happened routine "she knew I was trying to pull a fast one and wasn't having any of it ...so new lenses £60...As for the pipe in the fuel tank...the garage said leaver it ,it wont do any harm.otherwise they have totake the whole lot out ...fuel tank fuel pipe,cut the fiel pipe remove said object and fit a sleeve over the cut ..so that was my day!then Amy came over and borrowed my computer all night to write her personal statemnt ..she is applying for a midwifes post nearer here as opposed to doing the travelling..

so here we go then brew time....

hiya pie ..how aree you then?ok I hope ...isnt it strange both myself and Lav said the same thing in different words ...be yourself ,do what you want go where you want..the constraints are what you make ...have I changed ..? yes did I make a conscious effort? not sure ..dont get me wrong ..I can still be a muppet at times ..but cant we all?I think one of the big things for me ..was attitude change ...when you see down and outs on the street,drunks and I mean homeless drunks not the p.ssheads on the way home from work and people less fortunate ...I wouldnt say I looked down on them but empathy/sympathy wasnt top of my list..Then Ui had the realisation...actually mr high and mighty,you are /were no better than they were ..,at least they were being truthful ...I was living a lie..on one hand good ? home life ,head of security ,steady job ,no isssues...the other ..a drunk ..and once I accepted that ,my attitude changed completely ,and when my attitude changed so did my personality...possibly the real me? I dont know..but yep Im still a grumpy ole man but its token grumpiness if that makes sense I wouldnt be me if I didnt ..there are are things I do to help people when I can,which I kind of keep to myself ,they make me feel good, not interested in tea and medals ,there are enough of those type.I know it sounds heavy duty but honestly it isnt..I have dealt with some of lifes worst in the past and still did it so I am sure you can ..for me the first bit was that self acceptance of who and what I was ..does that answer you at all?

hiya ppqp...hows you then? snow clearing?we are supposed to be having a bad winter too eeek!

hi Lav thanks for the tour,it was good to look at it ,but what I didnt realise is that your climate is very similar to ours,and that a lot of the plants have still got to be grown indoors.brew for you..see your illusrious leader has screwed up big time!!

Experts: Trump Tweets Could Sabotage Prosecutors in Truck Attack - NBC News what a nut job.

hiya pauly,how are you today then?hope you are doing ok.

hi det..hows you then?all good I hope ..interesting that study on booze over here,but likewise so is the one on heroin and drugs etc.. it actually depending on your spin actually can tell you its not as bad taking gear as it is drinking..its almost like a mitigating plea for drugs versus booze..I dont think any of them should be linked ..basically booze is bad drugs are bad..no link .. not heroin is bad ,but not as bad as booze..The biggest hitter is stress so where does that fall into it all? take it easy tunester!!

hiya sf..how are you doing?hope all is well in your world?

right peeps Im offski .have a good day.

My local post office uses 4 checkouts.
                      Unless it's really busy then they use 1.

My Granddad knew from the beginning that the Titanic would sink. He warned everyone but no one would listen. He tried a few more times until he finally got kicked out of the cinema!

I don't mean to brag but I just ate my dinner without taking a picture of it first.

Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman are all going for a job as a code breaker for Scotland yard. Their first test is to pick the odd one out from 3 objects. A cabbage, a potato and a knife.
                      The Englishman walks in and the interviewer asks him which is the odd one out.
                      The Englishman replies, “The knife, because the other 2 are vegetables.” He passes the test and is told to send the 2nd man in.
                      The Scotsman enters and after being asked he also replies, “The knife, because the other 2 are foods.” He passes and is asked to send the Irishman in.
                      When asked the odd one out he replies, “The cabbage!” The interviewer says, “What, how did you get that answer?”
                      The Irishman replies, “Well, you can make chips with the other two!"

On Saturday my friend underwent a painful procedure that required him to have his spine and both testicles removed.
                      Still, he got some great wedding presents though.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning Mick and MAE to all to come...

Nice try with the lenses better luck next time. LOL Well at least the pipe won't do any damage. Good luck to Amy hope she gets the job. Just think she'll be over more and more if she gets it.

The snow has stopped but it's cold out there. Heading in early so I can head out early. Have a Fantastic Friday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,yes Mick good luck to Amy,,fingers crossed! Loved the jokes especially the wedding one and the post office one supposed to be windy and cloudy here today with no rain until the weekend,I don't care for cloudy days cuz they kind of kill my mood but then on the other hand they're kinda cozy,I'm doing ok I think,this week last year mom and Jon were down here for a visit,I keep kickin myself in the ass cuz I really wish I'd have known that would be the last time I'd see him alive,I guess we never know though,much love to all and ditto on PQ's Fabulous Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                            Mae everybody,yes Mick good luck to Amy,,fingers crossed! Loved the jokes especially the wedding one and the post office one supposed to be windy and cloudy here today with no rain until the weekend,I don't care for cloudy days cuz they kind of kill my mood but then on the other hand they're kinda cozy,I'm doing ok I think,this week last year mom and Jon were down here for a visit,I keep kickin myself in the ass cuz I really wish I'd have known that would be the last time I'd see him alive,I guess we never know though,much love to all and ditto on PQ's Fabulous Friday!
                            I know that feeling Pauly,this time last year I was at the airport picking Julies mum and dad up they were telling me all about their holiday...little did I know that in 4 days time she would leave this mortal earth..a lovely lady who I miss a lot
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Well...early in to work did not translate into early out. Snow everywhere! Started up again later this morning and is still going!

Pauly...you just never know. Getting through the 1st's without Jon is going to be rough. Hope it gets easier for you.

Pork chops for dinner tonight so must hit the kitchen. Wishing everyone a warm and peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Absolutely NO SNOW happening here - ha ha!
                                Geez PQ, sorry about all that.
                                Btw - I really do believe that we need to remain open to new things. Sometimes the universe brings us things that we didn't even know we needed or wanted

Mick, I think we do have similar weather although I think we get colder air & you likely get more rain.
                                Longwood does have an enormous plant production area, they let you see some of it too when you go inside the conservatory - pretty cool.
                                I hope Amy gets the job she wants then she can be at your house more often raiding the fridge, ha ha!

Pauly, maybe it's a good thing that we don't know everything in advance. Knowing ahead when someone is going to leave us would create extra misery & we wouldn't enjoy our time together. I think maybe the universe really is watching out for us.

Det, I used to work 12 & 16 hour shifts. I know how exhausting they are especially when you are on your feet & lifting heavy people or things. Treating yourself to a pizza on those days is perfectly acceptable.

Well, I understand #45 has left the country for a long trip to Asia or someplace. Does anyone think he'll still have a job when he gets back?????
                                Mueller is working feverishly & I'm enjoying the show

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing a nice night for all.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X