w/c 5 nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 5 nov

morn all.. 4.16 am...going metal detecting ...my anniversary ..! instead of buying pressies we booked a holiday yesterday............Taj Mahal and Amritsar | India Tours | Newmarket Holidays

yup back to India..feeling tired today but sure we will manage .Julies dad had a good night last night..it was bonfire night over here last night ..even altho the real day is today

early brews here you go ...

sk you need to watch German Shepherds ...they can be really temperamental...especially if they have dogs with them.....

have a good day all...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 5 nov

Mae everybody,haha Mick that was funny! Glad Julie's dad feels better hate changing the clocks,we did them last night and I kept getting confused as to what time to go to bed,they've been showing old episodes of "ER" so I've been binge watching those when they're on,what a great show that was,reminds me of when the kids were small,we lived in Utah and it was before the madness off alcohol and cigarettes,crazy how things can change much love to all and wishes for a fresh,happy AF week
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...good luck with the detecting today. Great idea for your anniversary.

Pauly...I hate changing the clocks as well.

Hunkering down today and trying to stay warm. Have a Special Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Still can't get used to the time change,I have a clock above the TV thats still on the old time and my body agrees haha,hope you're staying warm PQ

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, you are a travel guru - nice to go celebrate anniversaries & such. Of course that's something I'll never get to do, oh well.
          Good that your FIL is settling down, I hope it lasts. Can't wait to hear what you found today

Pauly, the one hour time change apparently bothered my chickens more than anyone, ha ha! They went back in their house to roost by 5 pm this evening. Of course it was kind of a sunless day anyway.

PQ, how's everything up there in the frozen north? I hope you get a warm spell real soon & melt all that stuff.

Det, did you get snow as well? Hope you are OK.

Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pi---I was thinking about you today and your question. Today I just had a lot go wrong with the shopping gig I am doing. I had to call into support and the woman asked me, "how are you so calm, I would be flipping out". My first reaction was "why?...lets just work on a solution and make it happen". It took ALOT of time---and I'm really only making good money if I am moving and grooving. It really was one thing after another. In the past, I would have gotten all worked up, let loose God knows how many anxiety producing chemicals into my system making me feel like crap. Then making up really good excuses why I deserved a drink. Instead I just rolled with it and when I came home I was telling my husband everything that went wrong and laughing. Past life I would have been relaying the story like the world was coming to an end. Good God---how did I live like that?
            Last edited by TheSunFlower97; November 6, 2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

mornin all...been up since 4..took the neighbours to the airport ..now going down to Julies dads ...bit more in the garden ,then off to the rubbish dump ..get rid of some junk then get some flowers for the grave ...for the anniversery ..not looking forward to tomorrow .Found some bronze work yesterday approx 4.5k years old ..will be on later.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick try and rest today,eager to see what you found SF,you sound like a different woman entirely these past few years,confident,happy,capable of anything so I'll bet you're great at keeping your cool was just thinking I'm glad we went to a weekly thread cuz it's so much easier to read back and remember what's going on better,supposed to be rainy this week but I'll believe it when I see it haha,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Monday

Comment

Ahoy ABeroos!

taking a day off due to a food allergy related asthma attack. not fun.

Mick, India sounds amazing and I hope you have a blast. post some food pics eh?

Lav, no snow here as of yet....

off to lay down before my doc's appointment.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hope everything is ok Det yikes!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, those anniversaries are hard, I know.
                      Today would have been my brother's 72nd birthday but he departed at age 67, sad to think his life was so short.
                      I hope everything is OK with you.

Det, geez! YB has severe asthma allergies too, sorry. If he accidently has shellfish all bets are off ;(
                      You really have to be careful when eating out & ask questions 'does this have any shellfish in it?' I hope you feel better real soon, take care!

Pauly, we do change personalities when we finally regain control of our lives

SF, glad you kept your cool in a tough moment. Feels rather empowering, don't you think?

Not much going on here today, quiet Mondays are OK with me. YB had another visit to the hand surgeon this afternoon. The steroid injections are not helping his arthritic wrist very much so he's kinda grumpy. Maybe now he will listen to the advice & rest it a little more.......

Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all.
                      Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; November 6, 2017, 07:09 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

SF...good job on keeping calm today.

Mick...airport trip at 4am YIKES! You are a good man. Looking forward to seeing the pics. Anniversary's are tough, big hugs for tomorrow.

Pauly...hope you had a good day. Did the rain arrive? The temps have warmed up a bit but for some reason it feels colder out there. I really hope we don't have the same winter we had last year!

Det...Oh No! I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad I don't have allergies but this cold weather is hard on my breathing. I really need to quit smoking.

Lav...my Monday was quiet too which is a good thing as I started off not being able to find my car keys and then the low tire pressure light was on. Stopped at the gas station to check the tires and someone had stolen their pressure gauge so I just went home. Asked my son to please deal with it tomorrow and he said oh yeah it came on yesterday. Then I checked his coat pockets and found my original car keys. So as long as I don't have a flat tire in the morning I should be good.

Soup and grilled ham & cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight. Don't have the energy to do anything else. LOL Hopefully that will warm me up otherwise it's going to be a really early bedtime. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Dinner sounds yum PQ! I need to quit smoking for good too,I'm down to 2-3 cigs a day and it's easy,,,until I think about it too much then I want one grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                            Dinner sounds yum PQ! I need to quit smoking for good too,I'm down to 2-3 cigs a day and it's easy,,,until I think about it too much then I want one grrrr
                            I couldn't smoke after dinner the night before my cataract surgery and it really didn't bother me. Surgery was at 1pm so couldn't smoke in the morning either. There was only one time during the morning that I thought of having a cigarette and it wasn't really a craving more of a I need a break thought.
                            Last edited by porqoui; November 6, 2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Back from a few days hike. sore feet from wet boots, a bit of rain but worth it.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X