w/c 5 nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 5 nov

Sam...great pics. Where were you hiking? Looks like fall unlike our early Winter. LOL

Comment

Hi folks. Its been a long time but I did warn that I was off travelling and doing research. Its been great, challenging at times but I haven't had a drink. I even had my 5 years anniversary of quitting and didn't notice. Only realised today! I will try to read back but you all sound well I think. Currently its my last week in New York before heading home - to another job interview. Still nothing yet. Catch you later

Comment

TT, great to hear from you. Congrats on that 5 year plan!!!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick hope you're ok,TT wonderful to see you,congrats on 5 years!! Sam those pics are amazing,you always get the best fall colors in your neck of the woods,PQ,hope the tire wasn't flat,Brady pisses me of cuz he's supposed to be starting a new job at a bakery today at 11,kid was still up playing video games when I started the coffee!?! Ugh these kids,much love to all and hope we all have a nice AF Tuesday
          Last edited by paulywogg; November 7, 2017, 08:00 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE All,

Pauly, I agree that this weekly format makes reading back much easier. I'm off to a delinquent tax auction this morning. My boss has a client who is interested in purchasing a particular property; I'm tagging along because it sounds interesting.

Lav, I've recently discovered the Nurse Jackie series on Netflix. Have you seen it?

Comment

hiya folks ..hope you are all well...congrats tt ..and welcome back......hiya pauly..Im ok...feeling pretty sad and shit ,but hey....Ill be ok tomorrow
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you take it easy today. Hope you feel better soon.

TT...congrats of 5 years! Fingers crossed for your job interview.

Pauly...haven't checked the tire yet. Here's hoping I can make it to work.

Pi...the delinquent tax auction does sound interesting.

Time to get ready and see if I'm walking to work today. Have a Terrific Tuesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Chilly at 40 degrees & raining most of the day, Brrr!! Today was election day & I sure hope some lazy people got their butts out to vote - I did!

Sam, that sure looks a whole lot like Shenandoah to me Haven't been there in the last 12 or 13 years I guess. Glad you got some fresh air!!

Mick, feel better :hug:

PQ, I remember the days of kids leaving our gas tanks empty, ha ha! It's so nice when they grow up & don't do that anymore.

Pauly, you need to give Brady a swift kick in the pants. He needs to learn the value of getting himself to work on time, he's not a baby anymore. Both of my kids had their first jobs at their grandfather's drug store on Saturdays & over the summer. They were responsible for getting themselves up & out of the house by the time they were 12. no one was allowed to be lazy in our house, LOL

TT, CONGRATS on your 5 years AF :welldone:
                  Glad to hear your long trip has been going well too! Good luck with the rest of it & on your interview as well.

Pie, does your buyer have to come up with the cash for the back taxes? I think that's the way it works around here.
                  I never got into watching Nurse Jackie, maybe I'll take a look too.

Hey Det - are you OK post asthma attack? I sure hope so!

Have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good morning folks..yep tis I back again on a cold and very frosty morning. lovely morning all covered in the white of an autumnal frost,---sounds very poetic?not so when I have to go out and defrost the cars ....even the rabbits are sitting with woolly hats on.so lets have a hot brew....

morning Lav ..as ordered feeling better maam ! I got a purple orchid yesterday and redid the flower shelf for want of better words in the conservatory..The other on is still doing really well..The calla lily is on the decline ,but ho hum...like in your house ,we had to work when we were kidz...in fact we worked so hard we got up before we went to bed used to work 26 hours a day for a bag of broken biscuits ...eeeeh luxury!! anyways have a good day..

hiya ppqp..I am reliably informed by may friend in Calgary it is -22 this morning and -6 in the snow ..so that assumption means you walked to work yesterday?is it the same today?you need to start gthinking of making hot meals ready to cook up when you get home! have you had your payrise yet or was that sweet talk do you think?

hiya pauly hows you then today? did Brad get his act together for the bakery?hope so ...you have a good day dear friend

hi tt hows you the n? sorry it was just a quick hi bye yesterday but...congrats on the 5 years ..you chuffed with yourself?you on your world adventures again? best of luck with the job interview ? hows life on the homestead ?

hey sam brill pics mate they are great.was Lav right? Shenandoah? have a good one...

hi Pie ...how did the sale go?all well I hope hows the k9 krew doing?

right peeps off to the shops in a wee while..have a greta day..

The Lady Golfer
                    A group of men lived and died for their Saturday morning round of golf. One transferred to another city. From then on their games weren't the same without him.
                    A new woman joined their Club. She overheard the three blokes talking about the situation. She said, "You know, I used to play on my golf team in college and I was pretty good. Would you mind if I joined you next week?"
                    The blokes looked at each other. Not one of them wanted to say, 'Yes', but she had them on the spot. Finally, one man said it would be okay, but they would be starting early, at 6:30a.m. He figured the early tee-off time would discourage her. The woman replied that it could present a problem and asked if she could be up to 15 minutes late. They rolled their eyes, but said that would be okay. She smiled and said, "Good, I'll be there either at 6:30 or 6:45."
                    She showed up at 6:30 sharp and beat all three of them with an eye-opening 2-under par round. They were impressed and congratulated her. She was fun and a pleasant person, so back at the clubhouse they invited her back the next week. She smiled, and said, "I'll be there either at 6:30 or 6:45."
                    The next week she again showed up at 6:30 sharp but this time she played left-handed. They were incredulous as she still beat them with an even par round, despite playing with her off-hand.
                    They couldn't figure her out. She was again very pleasant and didn't seem to be purposely showing them up. They invited her back again, but each man harboured a burning desire to beat her. The third week, the blokes had their game faces on. But this time, she was 15 minutes late, which made the guys irritable. This week the lady played right-handed, yet narrowly beat all three of them.
                    The men mused that her late arrival was attributable to petty gamesmanship on her part, however, she was so gracious and so complimentary of their strong play, they couldn't hold a grudge.
                    Back in the clubhouse, all blokes were shaking their heads. This woman was a riddle no-one could figure out. They had a couple of beers. Finally one of the men asked her point blank, "How do you decide if you're going to golf right-handed or left-handed?"
                    The lady blushed and grinned. "That's easy," she said, "When my Dad taught me to play golf, I learned I was ambidextrous. I like to switch back and forth. When I got married after college, I discovered my husband always sleeps in the nude. From then on, I developed a silly habit. Right before I left in the morning for golf practice, I would pull the covers off him. If his you-know-what was pointing to the right, I golfed right-handed; if it was pointed to the left, I golfed left-handed."
                    The men thought this was hysterical. Astonished at this bizarre information, one of them shot back, "But what if it's pointing straight up?"
                    She said, "That's when I'll be fifteen minutes late."

I saw a girl busking today. She had a great voice, and an even better pair of legs, emphasised by the short skirt she was wearing.
                    "Any requests?" She asked the watching crowd.
                    "Your thong," I replied with a wink.
                    Everyone gasped in horror, and the girl slapped me.
                    It's tough being an Elton John fan with a lisp.

"Murder on the Orient Express" premiered in London on Thursday night.
                    ISIS have already claimed responsibility.

23231545_1608829302517820_459070959031963852_n.jpg
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                      great jokes this am Mick. I meant to reply to PQ's question regarding where, yep the Shenandoah. Did a 30 mile jaunt over a couple days with my son. Wanted to get my feet wet hiking the Appalachian Trail and did so literally. Worst set of blisters I've ever had. Lots of sun and rain. Perfect temps. Lav, you should go again. You're not too far away. On your way, stop by and pick up one of theses roosters.

morning to you Pauly, Det, Pie, TT, wherever you may be, SF, and those inadvertently missed.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,great jokes Mick haha thank you! Glad you're feeling better today Sam,30 miles? Should have sent you my fitbit to wear so I could beat my record haha,think I caught Kell's cold,or its allergies no fun,PQ,was the car ok? Brady did get to work on time and worked a 10 hour day,he's working in the back and got scolded cuz everyone speaks Spanish and he understands not a single word,they should have asked if he was bilingual when they hired him,the only spanish words we know are tacos,enchiladas,nachos,etc hahahope it works out for him,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Wednesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...haven't read the jokes yet but will get to them after seeing the rave reviews. Sounds like you're feeling better, good job. No raise yet, have my employee review on Friday. Windchill yesterday was -22 but no wind today. Temps are slowing rising, we should be +5 these days.

Sam...way too energetic for me. You take care of those feet, believe me you don't want issues with them.

Pauly...drove to work yesterday with the idiot light on. Tires appear fine and it could just be the sensor. Son was supposed to come deal with it but I think he slept all day. Coworker will check the pressure for me this morning and I'll add air myself. If it continues I have an oil change booked for next week so will get the dealership to check out the tire. I have a feeling it's the same tire they did a repair to and the plug is leaking with this cold weather.

Taking my cue from SF...staying calm and carrying on. Back in the day I would have been anxiety ridden and worried about all the bad things that could happen. Life is so much easier now. LOL Hope everyone has a great Hump Day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sam. thank you for your wise votes
                            Big hi to everyone else.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick hope everything is ok? I get worried when I don't see you first thing in the morning,text Det last night and he still seems pretty sick from his allergic reaction,hopefully he'll check in today,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Thursday

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I worry too when Mick isn't first up but I try to remember sometimes it's tinternet issues. Thanks for letting us know Det's ok, well somewhat. Apparently it's the last day of our deep freeze for a few days. Hope so. Off to eye checkup to see how the pressures doing today.

Shout out to all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X