w.c 3/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w.c 3/12

Mae everybody,it's not 13 degrees here but feels like it,it's ok it was time for a cool down anyways,Mick surprised that you haven't posted yet,hope all is well I need to go to the docs and get my vitamin d checked cuz it was low a few years back and they had me on the 5,000 a day but I ran out and just never bothered getting it refilled,everyone sounds really good,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all..it smee.....been really busy this morning and again coulsdnt get on puter ..not just this site..been in touch with the company ..injunear coming out..Just been down to Julies dads ..things arent too clever there ,but we have to carry on. oh and I still can hardly talk..ok ok I hear the yahoos!!its a def early night for me..

heres a brew,for everyone..

IÂ’ve been invited to the RNLIÂ’s Christmas party. Really looking forward to it.
      They know how to push the boat out.

Today I saw two blind people having a scrap outside Poundland, so I shouted "my money's on the one with the knife" they both ran away

Saw a dyslexic man wearing a cat flap.

If Watson isn't the most famous doctor in the world,
      then Who is

I had a medical examination yesterday and when the doctor had finished he said all was ok but don't eat anything fatty, I said what like burgers and chips and he replied no "fatty" just don't eat anything

HereÂ’s a piece of advice for you.....Advi

Jayda Fransen has complained that the British weather is too Islamic. Sometimes it's Sunni but mainly it's shi'ite.

B-N-A-G.... That's bang out of order.

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation

Exit signs: they're on the way out.

I watched Jurassic park yesterday.....Not only does he have a weird name heÂ’s a shite driver!

Two guys strike up a conversation at the local tavern...
      One guy says to the other, "Last week I took the first step towards getting divorced."
      "Did you see a lawyer yet?" asks the second guy.
      "No," replies the first, "I got married."

Two dislexics: 1st says : “Can you smell gas ?”
      2nd “don’t be daft , I can’t even smell my own name.”

All day breakfast.... you have to eat them so slowly
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Strange seeing Mick posting so late in the day. Wish you were feeling better!!
        I imagine you have found someone able to keep an eye on Julie's dad while you are away. I remember having to go through all that when we were taking care of my parents, never easy.

Pauly, get back on the vitamin D & get your level checked too!

PQ, same with you!! All of us living so far north of the equator are at risk, geez. I would be very appreciative if you could point the sleep fairy in my direction. I am trying not to dwell on the fact that I've been waking up every 1-2 hours, all night, every night for the past week or more

Det, 11 hour days sound like OT pay $$!!!
        Take care of yourself!

I am happy because I met several friends for lunch today, really breaks up the routine. I am making headway on the Christmas shopping via Amazon too.
        Wishing everyone a peaceful & restful night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick... glad to hear it's not us. LOL Puter problems suck! I know. Hope the injunear can get things sorted. And by the way it's Yeehaw not Yahoo. Sorry things aren't going great with Julie's Dad and yes you will carry on cause that's what you do. One step in front of the other. Hope you get a good night's sleep.

Lav...after the sleep fairy's done with Mick she'll head to you. You sound like me awhile ago, every 1-2 hours, it's exhausting. Do you have any idea what's going on? Apparently the best thing about going through all those annual tests was to remind everyone to take their Vitamin D so it was worth it. Glad you had a good time today and thanks for reminding me that I haven't done anything about Xmas yet. LOL

Homemade spaghetti sauce on the stove so must go stir it. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP
          Last edited by porqoui; December 5, 2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Ahoy ABerooos!

just back from therapist and feeling very fine indeed. Mick, so sorry your down with some kind of crud. early night indeed. and more garlic!

SK, yes i must say some Hawaii weather would be A OK right about now! it was freaking freeeeezing this morn. yowsa.

Lav, what a wonderful day, that's awesome. I hope I can retire someday but I'm not counting on it.. ugh. it's ok. I press on.

Pauly, get yer bum out to the store and get some Vit D3 pronto! it will take a bit to 'feel' it working but don't give up.

PPQ, thank you for the fairy sleep... it worked! I slept til my alarm at 5am which is unusual as i normally wake up earlier.

everyone at work is coming down with a cold or something... I'm stubbornly refusing to get sick, or at least trying.

This weekend is our work Xmas party which will be on a large catered 'party boat' on Lake Tahoe. Full dinner, dancing, drinks galore.
            I'm not going. I'm simply not feeling up to spending hours on a boat crammed with booze. it's kind of a bummer but I have to take
            my sobriety as #1 no matter what. Everyone is nagging the hell out of me to go but they haven't managed to convince me it's a good
            idea, at least at this time in my recovery.

My "Transcranial direct contact stimulus" device should be here tomorrow... looking forward to zapping my brain and see what happens
            yes, I'm a mad scientist bio-hacker!

ok with that... time to wind down and find a cheesy sci fi.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
              This weekend is our work Xmas party which will be on a large catered 'party boat' on Lake Tahoe. Full dinner, dancing, drinks galore.
              I'm not going. I'm simply not feeling up to spending hours on a boat crammed with booze. it's kind of a bummer but I have to take
              my sobriety as #1 no matter what. Everyone is nagging the hell out of me to go but they haven't managed to convince me it's a good
              idea, at least at this time in my recovery.
              DET...PAY ATTENTION!!! IT IS NOT A BUMMER! and NOT GOING is YOU COMMITTING TO YOU. :welldone:

Comment

Hi All
                Det so many positives in your post. Especially protecting your sobriety. I am glad you are having face to face contact with a therapist. This place can work for some others need to have contact with others in the real world.
                Not going to the party I think is the right decision. I remember all the time in chat members would ask should I go to the pub or a party. We all knew what would happen and saw it every time they decided to go. Back to day 1. I had to give up my social life for over 6 months at the start of my recovery. Then slowly with time reintroduce myself to situations. It is with time that we can then return and not have the al be a problem.
                Years ago when you went to burning man, you had good sober time and I couldn’t understand how someone could handle that. You did with the strength of your sober time.
                You were a light leading the way for me years ago. It is your time now to regroup for yourself. You have had real good sober time in the past. You know what a difference it is with al out of your life. Use us and all the resources that are out there
                Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                AF 5-16-08

Comment

mornin all tis moi....how are we ? glad to say that I think Im on the mend now.not feeling better but my voice is coming back ..so thats a bonus almost finished my project in the front room ...I finally got wood stained polished and varnished that look ok

ok lets have a brew.

Caysea ...lovely to see you ...and reading your post ...it says it all...seems like you are doing good well done to you

hiya det the mad scientist.....i will gurantee you miss nothing by not going on a piss up and talking crap on a boat in Lake Tahoe...listen to Caysea she is one wise lady ...plus she knew you long before we all did ..i dont think its a bummer tho .perhaps you are getting it mixed up ..?look at it this way...forego this piss up at chrimbo and it increases your chances of having more chrimbos...youve done it in the past ...just find that switch.

hi ppqp ...no it wisnae yooz!! its this weather and the signal availability blah.....................how are you doing? spag bol good?

hiya Lav ,hows you then?this cold thing has whacked me good but hopefully getting over it..I fly out on the 19th Amy and her cousins have a little whats app group so they are doing it between them bless them..then 2 months after that...India.
                  so here you go ..one loaded brew..

hiya pauly how are you then today hope all is well with you.

big hello to everyone else .....

heres da pix of my work..before

20171205_151419.jpg

after

20171205_152952.jpg

20171205_153007.jpg

that is an antique leather african fan I put back together ...it was dry n cracked ,snapped handle ..a right pile o rubbish

Save money this Christmas by simply buying your kids an Easter Egg each and telling them they overslept.

One star hangover *

No pain. No real feeling of illness.. Your sleep last night was a mere disco nap which is giving you a whole lot of misplaced energy. Be glad that you are able to function relatively well. However, you are still parched. You can drink 10 bottles of water and still feel this way. Even vegetarians are craving a Cheeseburger and a side of fries.

Two star hangover **

Slight headache. Don't feel sick, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay but you have the attention span and mental capacity of a stapler. The coffee you chug to try and remain focused is only exacerbating your rumbling gut, which is craving a full English breakfast. Last night has wreaked havoc on your bowels and even though you have a nice demeanour about the office, you are costing your employer valuable money because all you really can handle is aimlessly surfing the net and writing junk e-mails.

Three star hangover ***

Definite headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely a space cadet and so not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the random gin shots you did with your alcoholic friends after the bouncer kicked you out at 1:45 a.m. Life would be better right now if you were in your bed with a dozen donuts and a litre of coke watching Good Morning with Richard and Judy. You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 2 Sausage Rolls and a litre of diet coke - yet you haven't peed once.

Four star hangover ****

Your head is throbbing and you can't speak too quickly or else you might honk. You have lost the will to live. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you missed an oh-so crucial spot shaving, (girls, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars), your teeth have sweaters, your eyes look like one big vein
                  and your hair style makes you look like a reject from the class picture of Moss side secondary school circa 1976. You would give a weeks pay for one the following: 1. Home time, 2. A duvet and somewhere to be alone, or 3. A time machine so you could go back and NOT have gone out the night before.

Five star hangover (aka Dante's 4th Circle of Hell) *****

You have a second heartbeat in your head which is actually scaring the employee who sits next to you. Death seems pretty good right now. You can't focus as your eyes are scrunched up against the overpowering glare from your computer screen Rancid vodka vapour is seeping out of every pore, staining your shirt and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth, at least you think it's toothpaste crust. You don't give a damn either way. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva and your tongue is suffocating you. You'd cry but that would take the last of the moisture left in your body. Talking is not an option. Your boss doesn't even get mad at you and your co-workers think that your dog just died because you look so pathetic. You should have called in sick because all you can manage to do is breathe....very gently.

A couple was waiting for their food at a Chinese restaurant when an elderly waiter set chopsticks at their places. The woman made a point of reaching into her purse and pulling out her own pair.

"As an environmentalist," she declared, "I do not approve of destroying bamboo forests for throwaway utensils."

The old waiter inspected her chopsticks. "Very beautiful," he said politely. "Ivory."

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp, "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees, so that he's on her level, and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabby or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabby or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabby over there?"

She, in turn blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees,leans forward and says in a quiet voice, "I don't fink my pet python weally gives a thit."
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I'm defo a 5 star category nice pics Caysea,nice of you to stop by and your words to Det were spot on Det it does suck that we hafta miss our on events,I felt that way with missing my mom's visit but stuck on a boat you have no escape plan(too cold to jump into Tahoe this time of year haha) just feel like a weirdo cuz we have to deny ourselves certain events that would probably be fun but knowing us we'd make it less fun anyways by drinking,PQ,your homemade spaghetti sauce sounds great even when I read it at 5 a.m haha,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Wednesday
                    Last edited by paulywogg; December 6, 2017, 07:57 AM.
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi All
                      Just a correction Mick. Caysea is not one wise lady. Caysea is a he. LOL
                      The guys back in the union job I retired from would have a laugh at this
                      Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                      AF 5-16-08

Comment

Originally posted by caysea View Post
                        Hi All
                        Just a correction Mick. Caysea is not one wise lady. Caysea is a he. LOL
                        The guys back in the union job I retired from would have a laugh at this
                        Caysea....my apologies ...he says scurrying orf into a corner .......!!!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...history and now language lessons. Didn't even know there was a Scottish Vernacular Dictionary but now I know what wisnae yooz means. LOL Weather effects our phones at work. When it rains there is no dial tone and if people call it just continues to ring. Getting better as they repair the lines (we have 6 coming in) but it has to rain to find the problem ones. Yup, the spag bol was good. Google helped me out with that one as well. range: Wow, what a transformation in the living room. I like the look. Sounds like you're on the mend, keep it up the 19th will be here before you know it.

Pauly...5am! What time do you start work? Hope things have settled down there.

Caysea...thanks for letting us know, I thought you were a female too. There's a couple of other users on here that I thought were female and they weren't. Funny how it changes my thinking about their posts. It shouldn't but it does.

Lav...beat you to the board tonight. Hope you had a good day.

Well it's left overs for din din and that's ok with me. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Good day today although I didn't accomplish anything major like Mick, ha ha!

Very nice artwork restoration there Mick. Is there anything you can't do?
                            Glad you are better now.

Det, about that party - not going is the best gift you can give to yourself! There will be other parties, in the future when you are solid in your quit. I think most of us stayed home for a number of months after we quit, I know I did.
                            I'm interested on hearing more about your trans cranial stimulator or whatever that was you mentioned

Hello to Caysea!

Pauly, you are an early riser, what's up with that?

PQ, I always get here eventually in the evenings but I'm not in competition with you or am I? HA HA!!!
                            I hope you enjoyed your leftovers!

Hello to everyone else & wishing a peaceful night to everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Why Helloooo ABeroooos!

thanks all for the lovely words of encouragement, and Caysea! super to see you here. It's not really a bummer, I just feel a bit
                              awkward about skipping out. If the peeps on the boat had any idea how important this is to me they would most certainly understand
                              and encourage my decision... I'm sure of it.

lot of folks at work are sick and I'm trying not to get it although i do feel a bit 'throaty' so a nice hot spicy soup this eve and more vitamins.
                              Mick, got some good soup on hand?

PPQ, what's spag bol? bolognese? that's a complex sauce to make from scratch.

Pauly, if I were to pick up a drink I'm pretty sure I'd be in category 6+ not worth it.

Mick, I love the African antiques. I'll have to send some photos of my Indonesian and Filipino swords some day.
                              Lighting in here is crap unfortunately.

well cats n kitties, winding down for a solid zzzzzzzzz.

be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin all ...storm Caroline here ...pretty rainy and windy..supposed to be passing thru ..we will see .ok brewtime it is ...

hi det hows you then? Im just getting over the cold ..voice is nearly back this morning..as for soup ..Ive got leek and lentil but I whacked a load of garlic ,ginger and chilli in it ...wowee it is hot...as for the antiques they look good ..love to see the swords ...as for the boat job ..dont make it your titanic..

hiya Lav ..how are you then?ok I hope ..one of the reasons Im not bad at doing things,is not boozing ...I have a lot more patience ,and of course less stress when I was drinking ,if I could be bothered I was a great subscriber to ach that will do.com ..not so now..if I do something I try my best.so heres a hand crafted brew.

hiya ppqp ...homework ...haud me back haud yer wheesht thats a wee belter /brammer stovies neebor glaikit

glad you picked up on spag bol!

hiya pauly hows you today then? good I hope..I know waht you mean ..in the early days its like ..party time ..Ill be ok ...but it doesnt work ..I remember going to my friends wedding,and dreading it ...but got though it tho ...but it was just pure gutz that did that ..but now its not an issue..so whats you up to today then?

big hiya to all else...

"My stomach has been bothering me, Doctor", complained the patient.

"What have you been eating" asked the doctor?

"That's easy. I only eat pool balls".

"Pool balls" said the astonished doctor!!? "Maybe that's the trouble. What kind do you eat"?

"All kinds," replied the man, "Red ones for breakfast, yellow and orange ones for lunch, blue ones for afternoon snacks, and purple and black for dinner".

"I see the problem," said the doctor. "You haven't been getting any greens"!

A man decides to join the circus. He shows up to demonstrate his skills to the impresario.

"I have the most unusual act," he announces. "I'm sure it will amaze you."

He proceeds to climb a tall tower, and jumps off. He flaps his arms wildly, and finally his fall slows. He soars forward, then swoops upward, turns and swoops back again. Finally he stops in mid air and gently lowers himself to the ground.

The impresario stares blankly at him for a long time. Finally he says, "Is that all you've got? Bird imitations?"

Chuck was always shy with girls. One evening, he got his best friend, Bob, to go with him to a singles bar. Bob, being very experienced, was supposed to help Chuck in his quest for female companionship, and sexual companionship.

One sweet young thing in the room noticed Chuck, thought he was cute, and decided to make contact with him. Since she was a little shy, she could not just go up to him, but had to use gestures.

"Bob," Chuck said. "That girl over there is giving me the eye. What should I do?"

"Give her the eye back," replied Bob. So Chuck, as best as he could, gave her the eye. A few moments passed.

"Bob," said Chuck, now getting rather excited. "She's smiling at me. What do I do?"

"Smile back," was the reply. So Chuck, trying to appear cool and calm, smiled back. A few more moments passed.

"Bob!" exclaimed Chuck. "She bent over and showed me her boobs. Now what do I do?"

"Show her your nuts," Bob calmly replied.

So Chuck turned toward the girl, stuck his thumbs in his ears, and waving his fingers stuck out his tongue, and wiggling it, exclaimed, "Bluble, bluble, bluble!"

A man was working with an electric saw when he accidentally sawed off all ten fingers. He quickly rushed to the emergency room. The doctor
                                there told him, "Give me the fingers and I'll see what I can do."

"But I don't have the fingers!"

"What! You don't have the fingers!?" said the doctor, "You should have brought them to me. We have all kinds of operations we could have done
                                like microsurgery and stuff. We could have put them back as good as new."

"But Doc, I couldn't pick them up."

Three buddies were talking about death and dying. One asked, "When you're in your casket and friends and family are mourning you, what would you like to hear them say about you?"

The first guy says, "I would like to hear them say that I was a great doctor of my time and a great family man."

The second man says, "I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and school teacher who made a huge difference in our children of tomorrow."

The last guy says, "I would like to hear them say LOOK, HE'S MOVING!!!"

Ernie's driving along the highway one evening when all of a sudden Nature calls.

He sees a little bar up the way and he pulls into the parking lot.

When he gets inside, he finds the place is packed! The bar is crowded with people trying to get drinks, women are dancing on the tables nd there's hardly standing room anywhere.

Ernie scans the place a couple of times to find the restrooms, but to no avail. Finally, he spots a small stairway and scrambles up.

When he gets to the top, he discovers that all the doors are locked. All but one. When he opens the door, all he sees is a big hole in the floor. Desperate, he drops his pants and dumps the biggest load he's ever had, right there in the hole.

Relieved, he calmly walks down the stairs. The once crowded barroom is completely empty, not a soul is in sight. Slowly, a bartender rises from behind the bar.

"What happened!?!" asks Ernie.

The bartender responds, "Where were you when the shit hit the fan?"
                                Last edited by Mick; December 7, 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X