w/c10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c10th

mrning all to a snowy and cold Shaw..........it is freezing here and on the way up the hill last night my car was playing skiddy.com! so unless there is some big change wont be going far today...dont know if I menshuned it ..but 9 days an Ill be in the sun ...I did??? oh dear.

brew time..well the front room is finished ,now thinking about the next job!!

hiya Lav ...well done on getting snow ..I would have hated to be the only one..so the lickle chicks aint impressed with the snow?Ive just bought a new table,and Julie got me a case for it ..yup minions it is...have a brew...

hiya ppqp...ta muchly furasnawanat tr(for the snow and that)pure glaswegian .glad you enjoyed the xmas meal...as for the secret santa gifts..you should buy the guffiest presents ever..We were talking about that ..Julie at one sta[ge wanted a skye terrier dog...so I got her a doorstop with a pic of one on ..I also bought her a dress when we first met...I think she was a size 8...the dress I bought was 12 ..in her words something like my gran would wear

hiya det good for you bro..get the loot and rest up ...chicken broth and a good kip..

hiya pauly how are you then?how was work then?did it go ok?did hubs like his food?

hello to everyone else

Professor was giving a lecture on "Involuntary Muscular Contractions" to his first year medical students.

Realizing that this was not the most riveting subject, the Professor decided to lighten the mood slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and said, "Do you know what your ass hole is doing while you're having an orgasm?"

She replied, "He's probably golfing with his friends."

A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:

1. "Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

5. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

6. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

7. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out..."

8. "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"

9. "If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!

10. "Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

11. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

12. "God, now I know why I am not gay."

13. "Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up here?"

A Bear, a Lion and a Chicken meet....

Bear says: "If I roar in the forest, the entire forest is shivering with fear."

Lion says: "If I roar in the desert, the entire desert is afraid of me"

Chicken says: "Big deal, I only have to cough and the entire planet shits itself

The patient was lying in bed, still groggy from the effects of the recent operation. His doctor came in, looking very glum.

"I can't be sure what's wrong with you," the doctor said. "I think it's the drinking."

"Okay," the patient said. "Can we get an opinion from a doctor who's sober?"

Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife.

Tearfully she explained, "It's the druggist. He insulted me terribly this morning on the phone. I had to
    call multiple times before he would even answer the phone."

Immediately, the husband drove downtown to confront the druggist and demand an apology. Before he could say more than a word or two, the druggist told him,

"Now, just a minute, listen to my side of it. This morning the alarm failed to go off, so I was late getting up. I went without breakfast and hurried out to the car, just to realize that I had locked the house with both house and car keys inside and had to break a window to get my keys. Then, driving a little too fast, I got a s! peeding ticket. Later,when I was about three blocks from the store, I had a flat tire. When I finally got to the store a bunch of people were waiting for me to open up. I got the store opened and started
    waiting on these people, and all the time the darn phone was ringing off the hook.

"Then I had to break a roll of nickels against the cash register drawer to make change, and they spilled allover the floor. I had to get down on my hands and knees to pick up the nickels and the phone was still ringing. When I came up I cracked my head on the open cash drawer, which made me stagger back against a showcase with a bunch of perfume bottles on it. Half of them hit the floor and broke.

Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing wi! th no let up, and I finally got back to answer it. It was your wife. She wanted to know how to use a rectal thermometer.

"And believe me mister, as God is my witness, all I did was tell her."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c10th

Mae everybody,haha Mick good job on the jokes I'm jealous of all of your guyses weather! Im tired of warm days that sounds weird but its not Christmassy at all Det,hope you're feeling better,PQ,what did I miss for dinner last night? No gossip that I could hear yesterday,I'm sure they think I'd repeat it so they went to the back to talk haha,bunch of babies I can't believe grown people act like that,anyways much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Sunday
    Last edited by paulywogg; December 10, 2017, 09:18 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sounds like a good plan to stick (lol) close to home. Don't want anything happening to you for the next 9 days. Did you learn your lesson with the size 12 dress? Clothes for presents can be very tricky. Tis the plan to find the guffiest gift I can and then I usually include a Lottery scratch ticket.

Pauly...glad to hear you didn't have to listen to any of the gossip. Dinner last night was leftover Xmas Turkey Dinner from work. Tasted even better the 2nd time around.

Lav...been sitting here watching the snow storms on the news and feeling really grateful it's not us this time. We broke a record yesterday and could again today.

There's a new community being built close to where I live. Their having their 1st Winter Festival and with the temps going up to around 60F (sorry Mick & Lav) I might just have to check it out. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooos!

Mick, thanks for the pile of funnies. yep, sounds like indoor weather over yonder. Sunny here but mighty cold.

Was feeling better yesterday but woke up this morning with pounding sinus headache... owie. feeling a bit better again
        and time for hot shower.

US mainstream media has gone so far downhill I don't understand why people continue to watch it. The U.S. Media Yesterday Suffered its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened

Pauly, I'll try to blow some freezing temps your way so you feel more 'in the season'.

PPQ, winter festival sounds fun.

well, off to do healthy things.

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi folks. Been following the snow in the UK mick so take care. Pauly I don't much care for cold weather. Enjoying a warm summer so far but it's not too hot. Big shout out to everyone. Starting to put up my Xmas decorations.

Comment

I don't like cold either TT but it's December and it shouldn't be in the 70's

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well the bright sunshine melted off most of the snow today so that's good. Now it's freezing everything that's left, that's not good, ugh!
              I have a major fear of slipping & falling & breaking something. I tiptoed over to the chicken house twice today & that was all I could do for them. I did manage to clear a path for them so they could at least get out for a little sunshine

Mick, I won't drive on ice - no way! Stay safe by all means! I think you are going on vacation on my birthday - thanks for that, ha ha!

Det, I hope you feel better, 'tis not the best time to get sick!
              I think the news media is seriously overwhelmed just as the rest of us are. Who can make sense of anything going on these days??

PQ, I won't be jealous of your weather if you promise to send it this way soon, thanks

Pauly, I'll save some snow & ice for you if you insist!

Hi there TT, glad you are enjoying some nice summer weather. Lucky you get to listen to the rest of us moan & groan about the cold.

My daughter & her family were here for dinner & a visit, it was nice. They will be coming back on Christmas eve so now I can make some plans.
              Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning alll...how are we today then,?all good I hope..for me a day in the snow/ice which is supposed to turn into rain later ...Im so chuffed it isnt nice and hot ,and I was sitting in the garden...what a horrible thought...I think all my projects are now on ghold till after the jollidays ...actually Ive got a couple of small ones but they dont count really.
                ok brew time ..here we go...

hiya Lav ..you be careful out there...(sounds like a line from the Hill St Blues )dont be falling over ...glad daughter was over mit kidz..take it she is fit and well again? os I go on your birthday ...this guy will do anything to get out of buying presents..

hiya tt ..how are you?nows the season to be jolly la la and all that....ba humbug.com how are you then?

hiya det ..the news will have gone downhill..Mr Orange is the debutante in every piece of debacle reported ..his name has a link to it tenuous or otherwise. hope the sinus gets better mate

ppqp..60 degrees ..is that a cooker temp?as for learning my lesson re the dress ..nope never learnt ...over the years there been quite a few "er thanks just what I always wanted"moments...how are you then? good ?

hiya pauly...no gossip ? whats hapnin girl? here you are you want some cold weather ....please accept this small gift...its dried ice ..all you do is add water and put it in the freeezer ..job done...:welldone:

big hello to everyone else have a good day

I'm going to miss my father this Christmas, but I know he'll be up there, looking down at us all.
                Moaning about the broken stair lift.

The Proclaimers' lawn is getting out of control and they are blaming B&Q.
                They've been to Bathgate, no mower. Linwood, no mower. Irvine, no mower.

I'm cooking a lamb roast for my new girlfriend tonight to prove to her that I'm not as useless as she suggests.
                Now, where the fck is the defrosting option on this tumble dryer?

A young man was trying to park his car between two others.

He put it in reverse and bang- right into the car behind him.

He then went forward and bang- right into the car in front.

A young woman watching the maneuver couldn’t contain herself. “Do you always park by ear” she asked?

Paddy goes to the vet with his goldfish.

"I think it's got epilepsy" he tells the vet.

Vet takes a look and says "It seems calm enough to me"..

Paddy says, "I haven't taken it out of the bowl yet".

Paddy spies a letter lying on his doormat.

It says on the envelope "DO NOT BEND ".

Paddy spends the next 2 hours trying to figure out how to pick the bloody thing up.

Paddy shouts frantically into the phone "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"

"Is this her first child?" asks the Doctor.

"No", shouts Paddy, "this is her husband!"

Paddy was driving home, drunk as a skunk, suddenly he has to swerve to avoid a tree, then another, then another.

A cop car pulls him over as he veers about all over the road.

Paddy tells the cop about all the trees in the road.

Cop says "For god’s sake Paddy, that's your air freshener swinging about!"

An old Irish farmer's dog goes missing and he's inconsolable.

His wife says "Why don't you put an advert in the paper?"

He does, but two weeks later the dog is still missing.

"What did you put in the paper?" his wife asks.

"Here boy" he replies.

Paddy's in jail. Guard looks in his cell and sees him hanging by his feet..

"What the hell you doing?" he asks.

"Hanging myself" Paddy replies.

"It should be around your neck" says the Guard.

"I know" says Paddy "but I couldn't breathe"

.20171210_095409.jpg
                Last edited by Mick; December 11, 2017, 06:44 PM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,great jokes,,that Paddy I swear haha Det I hope you feel better today friend,hi PQ,Lav wow our little group has gotten littler oh well still a strong team! Wishes for a nice AF Monday

Comment

Evening Mick and Pauly and MAE ALL....

Mick...hope your day was safe. Snow, Ice and then Rain has got to be the worst combination. Wonder what your definition of "small" project is. LOL So does Julie every take any of those gifts back? Ex bought a purse for me once (a real western style one) and I took it back. I don't think he ever forgave me.

Pauly...agree we're still a strong team. Hope your Monday was good.

Lav...I'll send our weather your way but it could take a week or two. Sorry. Waiting to see what you concoct for the chicks xmas gifts.

Day flew by, still having computer issues but managing to work around them. Plan on taking some time off this week to finish xmas shopping. Not much on my list as the boys aren't getting anything. Figure living rent and grocery free is good enough. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Lav...update...weather could be coming your way by Friday. LOL
                    Last edited by porqoui; December 11, 2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Busy, busy day today. Same predicted for tomorrow! Ha ha
                      It’s always like that this time of year but everything gets done.

Mick, I hope you enjoy your trip & don’t dwell on us poor suffering souls in the ice & snow, Lol
                      Yes, my granddaughter’s hand healed very quickly, nice to be young, don’t you think?

Det, hope you are feeling OK buddy!

Pauly, this group is shrinking a bit. We need to go out & recruit new members!

PQ, the weather has been anything but normal or average. I am absolutely horrified about the wildfires in Southern California. Why the hell won’t it just rain over there?
                      I’ll gladly take your leftover decent weather when you are finished with it, ha ha!

Will be out all day tomorrow taking care of business.
                      Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; December 11, 2017, 09:07 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

evening all
                        what's shakin under the tree? ghost of christmas mojo!!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                          evening all
                          what's shakin under the tree? ghost of christmas mojo!!
                          :harhar:

Good to see you Sam...got enough firewood cut?

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABerooos!

Mick, thanks much for the blastoff and great Paddy jokes.

feeling mostly better, still a tad snotty etc but it's improving. team garlic!

Lav, you're wise to avoid ice... it's amazing how much faster you fall when on ice vs just tripping on something.

your way to nice on the media... I've had personal dealings with various media outlets and just can't believe what dirty dishonest
                            dirtbags they are, all to sensationalize their story and raise ratings. Of course all well within the confines of their masters' narrative
                            and political agenda.
                            Apparently they don't score high with me

TTops, decorated tree pics?

Pauly, you could set up a little nativity scene in your freezer! oh my, that's just wrong. nevermind....

Sam, we're just waiting on you to bring the seasons' mojo!

PPQ, arg. can't scroll back far enough... good to have you and yes how about a recruitment drive?

My brain-zapper therapy continues and I'm feeling quite well and a good bit sharper. By jove I believe there's something
                            to this thing. My therapist is interested in it so will share my findings at the session tomorrow after work.

well, the plumbing under the kitchen sink is all torn up as I try to figure out where the blockage is. You really miss running
                            water when you can't use it. ack!

ok then, more plumbing then wind-down for zzzzzz

gnight loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det...sounds like you're on the mend and I love how positive you are. So...do you have an opinion on media? LOL Recruitment drive? Great news about the Brain Zapper and it's encouraging to have a therapist who's behind you. Hope the plumbing job is quick, I know Mick's not doing anything, LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X