w/c 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 24th

Hidy ho disco ABers! ... um.. anyone remember disco?

doing ok here, stomach has been giving me grief which makes no sense as nothing has really changed diet-wise...darn body.

Lav, that soup sounds tops! sorry to hear yer in the deep freeze. Was in the 50's here today which is a tad better finally.

Pie, congrats to your Dady-o on his big day.

Re: Pauly I sent her a text and she replied she's ok which is great.

been racking out super early so haven't been very active on my social media scene. Sleep has been weird...
    getting up a couple times per night but usually can zonk back out after a few min.

Sam, you on the mend buddy?

PPQ, I'll join you on the nice quiet NYE celebration... home with good chow and netflix I think.

Got a bloodtest set for Sat to see what's up with what my doc thinks is peripheral neuropathy... i sure hope that's not what it is.
    Anyhoo, not going to panic until I know for sure.

Pie, magenta and lime green? you know we've gotta see a pic of that chair!

had a nice elk burger with caramelized onions and spudskies... warm and sleepy now which is perfecto.

well, that's about it from the garlic cave.

be well loves and gnighters.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all...well we got it the snow is here ...had to dig julies car out so that she could go to work ...all heart me!!its prettycold too.but hey ho ...trying to get hold of my brother he is worse than me for answering the phone...ok then lets have a brew...

hiya pie...goodluck to your auld fella..Im sure the bride to be has been vetted by your good self..Re the chairs ...I know its hard to get horsehair now ,but a good substitute is coir from coconuts!Interesting colour though!

hiya det ...hows you then matey best of luck with the head job on Saturday...hard to believe I know but I had a scan and they found a brain...ok it was still in the wrapper but never the less..

so how does goulash and salad work then ppqp?...its kind of like having bacon egg and icecream..........

Lav that soup sounds good...it does that ..trade you for a brew..yes Amy is doing really well....secretly pleased with how she has turned out..

hiya tt...good to hear you ....this is the holiday we are going on ...Taj Mahal and Amritsar | India Tours | Newmarket Holidays

its a fabulous country ...and the people are unbelievable.. glad youve got a positive spin on life

hi pauly ...wherever you are .

right peeps time to go

Walking up to the bar and ordering a double, the man leaned over and confided to the bartender, "I'm so ticked off!"

"Oh yeah? What happened?" asked the bartender politely.

"See, I met this beautiful woman who invited me back to her home. We stripped off our clothes and jumped into bed and we were just
      about to make love when her damn husband came in the front door. So I had to jump out the bedroom window and hang from the ledge by my fingernails!"

"Gee, that's tough!" commiserated the bartender.

"Right, but that's not what really got me aggravated," the customer went on. "When her husband came into the room, he said, 'Hey great! You're naked already! Let me just take a leak.' And the lazy son of a bitch urinated out the window right onto my head."

"Yuck!" the bartender shook his head. "No wonder you're in a lousy mood."

"Yeah, but I haven't told you what really, really got to me. Next, I had to listen to them grunting and groaning and when they finished, the husband tossed his condom out the window. And where does it land? On my damn forehead!"

"Damn, that really is a drag!" says the bartender.

"Oh, I'm not finished. What really ticked me off was when the husband had to take a dump. It turns out that their toilet is broken, so he stuck his butt out the window and let loose right on my head!"

The bartender paled. "That would sure mess up my day."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," the fellow rattled on, "but do you know what REALLY, REALLY, REALLY ticked me off? When I looked down, I noticed that my feet were only SIX inches off the ground!!"

A Marine and a Army soldier were at a barber shop getting a haircut and shave. When the barbers were done they got the after shave to slap on their face and neck.

The Marine yelled "don't put that crap on me cause my wife will think I have been in a whorehouse"!

The soldier said, "Go ahead and put it on me, my wife does not know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like"

John came back from a safari in Africa. Upon arrival, he went to his friend Mark, and told him of his adventures.

"I was out in the jungle," he said, "when all of a sudden I heard a noise in the bush behind me. Looking back, I saw a huge lion, licking his chops, and smiling at me. The lion started coming my way and I started running, with the lion not far behind. When the lion was almost at my neck, he suddenly slipped, and I got ahead a bit. The lion started gaining on me, and as he got closer, once again he slipped. I happened to see a house not far away,and made towards it. As I got close to the house, the lion was almost on top of me, when he slipped for a third time. With the very last bit of strength, I ran into the house and closed the door in the lion's face."

"That's some story there, John, I would have messed my pants."

"Well, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE LION KEPT SLIPPING ON...???"

A flying saucer was low on fuel, so it landed by a gas station on a lonely country road.

On its side were the letters "UFO." The gas station attendant was stunned, but his curiosity got the best of him. "Does that stand for Unidentified Flying Object?" he asked.

"No," one of the other-worldly travelers responded, "It stands for "Unleaded Fuel Only."

In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have 'the rule of thumb'

-------------------------------------------

Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden'...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

----------------------------------------

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S . Treasury.

Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska

The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...)

The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%

---------------------------------------------
      The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $16,400

----------------------------------------------

The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour: 61,000

-----------------------------------------------

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

-----------------------------------------------

The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

------------------------------------------------

The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

------------------------------------------------

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs -Alexander, the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

------------------------------------------

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?

A. Their birthplace

Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested?

A. Obsession

------------------------------------------

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter 'A'?

A. One thousand
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav yes, was going for funky, retro, whimsical with the chairs, but every time I walked into a fabric store, the endless choices caused my vision to morph into something different. Also, I like for things in my house to be functional, as opposed to merely decorative, so the chairs are an opportunity to add a little pizzazz to my otherwise super sensible environment.

Mick, Dad's bride is a truly wonderful human being; he chose well. Do you have to clear any snow away for the wabbits?

Good morning, Disco Det! Like you, I wish to RSVP for the pajama NYE party that PQ and TT have planned. Count me in, please!

Comment

MAE ALL

Mick...we got snow last night too but I didn't have to shovel any cars out. Goulash and salad only works if you serve them separately. Hope you can reach your brother soon.

Pi...that makes 4 for the NYE party so far. Maybe Lav will join us, I hear she makes a mean cake. LOL

Not sure what I'm up to today but do know that it won't be anything outside. Current temp -11F and that's the high for today....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning here and no snow but a bit cold. Should warm up a bit.
            Mick the trip looks fab. I have been to all of those places except the Tiger Park. Amritsar is a fascinating place - and I joined the devotees in the throngs going into the Golden temple. I thought it would be chaotic but it was really orderly and calming - I am so glad I did this. I took my then 10 year old daughter with me and she enjoyed it. We wore salwar kameez - both for modesty but also practical to wear in northern India. You just need to cover your legs and arms and have scarf or something to put on your head. Anyway it will be chilly.We had our warm shawls - I love the ones that they make in Northern India. Take the Diastop or Lomotil - and you know the drill - boiled/bottled water, no uncooked veges, peel fruit. You dont want to get sick.
            The other place that I really loved was Amber Palace. Jaipur too.
            I hope you dont have peripheral neuropathy Det. There are lots of other factors and causes too - so get everything checked out. I am glad that Pauly is OK. Thanks for checking.
            PQ and the PJ gang - I am still in my PJs - but its morning. Wont stay in them today.
            Hi there Pie, Lav, SF, Sam and all others - I better go and see what else there is to wear besides PJs.

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
              Morning here and no snow but a bit cold. Should warm up a bit.
              Mick the trip looks fab. I have been to all of those places except the Tiger Park. Amritsar is a fascinating place - and I joined the devotees in the throngs going into the Golden temple. I thought it would be chaotic but it was really orderly and calming - I am so glad I did this. I took my then 10 year old daughter with me and she enjoyed it. We wore salwar kameez - both for modesty but also practical to wear in northern India. You just need to cover your legs and arms and have scarf or something to put on your head. Anyway it will be chilly.We had our warm shawls - I love the ones that they make in Northern India. Take the Diastop or Lomotil - and you know the drill - boiled/bottled water, no uncooked veges, peel fruit. You dont want to get sick.
              The other place that I really loved was Amber Palace. Jaipur too.
              I hope you dont have peripheral neuropathy Det. There are lots of other factors and causes too - so get everything checked out. I am glad that Pauly is OK. Thanks for checking.
              PQ and the PJ gang - I am still in my PJs - but its morning. Wont stay in them today.
              Hi there Pie, Lav, SF, Sam and all others - I better go and see what else there is to wear besides PJs.
              hiya tt...Ive already done Jaiphur Delhi ,Amber Fort Taj before.. The tiger park Ranthambore done that before too...we were going round on a safari in a lwb truck,I was sitting on the tailgate and we saw a cougar ...at the same time I dropped my wallet ....I the jumped out of the truck to pick up the wallet ....wow you should have seen the panic ..!!!
              Last edited by Mick; December 29, 2017, 04:25 PM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Wow Mick, your trip looks great & now I know why that ad has been popping up on my FB page for a few weeks, ha ha!!!
                I'll look forward to your pictures & stories because I know I'll never get that far myself

Det, good luck with your bloodwork & follow up.
                I just read today that you can make caramelized onions in the crockpot - oh boy! I'm going to give it a try & I'll let you know how it works out. It would be nice to make a big batch & freeze them in smaller containers for future use

Pie, you sound like me wanting functional pieces in your house. Just before Christmas we visited a local pottery shop where YB wanted to buy something nice but not useful. I picked out an actual pot that can be used to hold nuts or candies or some such thing & that's what we got, ha ha. Have fun with your furniture project!

Hi there TT! I hope you are enjoying your nicer weather

Pauly, missing you girl!

PQ, we are supposed to get 2" of snow in the morning. I think we will just leave it where it falls, haha.
                I'll make a cake for our stay at home NYE extravaganza if that's what you all want! I'm staying put, for sure.

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornin all...howszwee today? hopefully all well..poured down with rain last night here..the garden is flooded the peskies are running about with wellies on..still both coughing our heads off...Well thats it another year almost gone..not been the bestest but ..all we can do is move on and improve our lot and enjoy it ..so on saying that lets all have a brew..
                  hiya Lav did you get the snow?Amy as a chrimbo present made us a big kilner jar of carmelised onions with chilli ...they are lovely ..she also made a jar of sea salt with rosemary chopped through it again lovely ,but I dont do salt unless its himalayan pink

Det best of luck today with your tests .

hiya ppqp ...whats happenin in the back of beyond in canadia?

hi pie ...and hows the bride and groom today then?

hi tt ...have you ever been to south africa? thats on my list too...but it doesnt seem there is too much there table top mountain ..

hi pauly ...how come you aint posting any more

right jokes time..

School of Psychiatry at Harvard University

Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake. The average person over 40 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.
                  2. This is is cat.
                  3. This is how cat.
                  4. This is to cat.
                  5. This is keep cat.
                  6. This is an cat.
                  7. This is old cat.
                  8. This is fart cat.
                  9. This is busy cat.
                  10. This is for cat.
                  11. This is forty cat.
                  12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down and I betcha' you cannot resist passing it on.

A wife and her husband were having a dinner party. The wife was very excited about this and wanted everything to be perfect. At the very last minute, she realized that she didn't have any snails for this dinner party, so she asked her husband to run down to the beach with the bucket she was handing him to gather some snails.

Very grudgingly he agreed. He took the bucket, walked out the door, down the steps, and out to the beach. As he was collecting the snails, he noticed a beautiful woman strolling alongside the water just a little further down the beach. He kept thinking to himself "Wouldn't it be great if she would even just come down and talk to me." He went back to gathering the snails. All of a sudden he looked up, and the beautiful woman was standing right over him.

They got to talking, and she invited him back to her place.

They were at her apartment a ways down the beach, and they started messing around. It got so hot and heavy, that he was exhausted afterwards and passed out there. At seven o'clock the next morning he woke up and exclaimed, "Oh no!!! My wife's dinner party!!!" He gathered all his clothes, put them on real fast, grabbed his bucket, and ran out the door. He ran down the beach all the way to his apartment.

He ran up the stairs of his apartment. He was in such a hurry that when he got to the top of the stairs, he dropped the bucket of snails. There were snails all down the stairs. The door opened just then, with a very angry wife standing in the door way wondering where he's been all this time. He looked at the snails all down the steps, then he looked at her, then back at the snails and said:

"Come on guys, we're almost there"!

At the end of the tax year, the Tax Office sent an inspector to audit the books of a synagogue. While he was checking the books he turned to the Rabbi and said: 'I notice you buy a lot of candles. What do you do with the candle drippings?' 'Good question,' noted the Rabbi. 'We save them up and send them back to the candle makers, and every now and then they send us a free box of candles'.

'Oh,' replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual question had a practical answer. But on he went, in his obnoxious way: 'What about all these biscuit purchases? What do you do with the crumbs?' 'Ah, yes,' replied the Rabbi, realizing that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question. 'We collect them and send them back to the manufacturers, and every now and then they send a free box of holy biscuits'.

'I see,' replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster the know-it-all Rabbi. 'Well, Rabbi,' he went on, 'what do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?' 'Here, too, we do not waste,' answered the Rabbi. 'What we do is save up all the foreskins and send them to the Tax Office, and about once a year they send us a complete dick'.

A guy meets a childhood pal. "What are you doing for yourself these days"?

"I'm a fireman", his old friend replies.

"Yeah? My 15-year-old kid wants to be a fireman," says the guy.

"Well," says his friend, "if you want some good advice, you've got to install a pole in your house that will go to the basement so your kid can practice, because the hardest thing for a fireman is to jump off into space and catch that pole in the middle of the night".

Ten years later, the two guys happen to meet again.

"Well, did your son become a fireman"?

"No," moans the guy, "but my daughter is a stripper".

It was three o'clock in the morning, and the receptionist at a posh hotel was just dozing off, when a little old lady came running towards her, screaming. "Please come quickly!" she yelled, "I just saw a naked man outside my window"!

The receptionist immediately rushed up to the old lady's room. "Where is he" she asked?

"He's over there," replied the little old lady, pointing to an apartment building opposite the hotel.

The receptionist looked over and could see a man with no shirt on, moving around his apartment.

"It's probably a man who's getting ready to go to bed," she said reassuringly. "And how do you know he's naked, you can only see him from the waist up"?

"The dresser" screamed the old lady! "Try standing on the dresser"!

Little Johnny went to school one day and while he is gone, his cat gets killed. His mother is very concerned about how he will take the news.

Upon his arrival home, she explains the tragedy and tries to console little Johnny saying, "But don't worry, the cat is in heaven with God now".

Little Johnny replied, "What's God gonna' do with a dead cat"?

A farmer went to the local bank to borrow money for a new bull. The loan was made and Banker Bill, who lent the money, came by a week later to see how the bull was doing.

The farmer complained that the bull just ate grass and wouldn't even look at a cow.

Banker Bill suggested that he have a veterinarian take a look at the bull.

Next week, Banker Bill returned to see if the vet had helped. The farmer looked very pleased. "The bull has serviced all of my cows! He broke through the fence, and bred all my neighbor's cows! He's been breeding just about everything in sight. He's like a machine"!

"Wow," said Banker Bill, "what did the vet do to that bull"?

"Just gave him some pills", replied the farmer.

"What kind of pills" asked Banker Bill?

"I don't know, but they kind of taste like peppermint".

Comment

morn all,
                    enjoyed the snail joke, Mick. It took me a few seconds but I always did drive a little slow. Lav, you get your snow? bit of a dusting here. Lost my voice 2 days ago from coughing so hard. I'm ready for this shit to go away. Been over a week now and the new year's suppose to a reset button and all that but I'm beginning to wonder.

well off to feed... waves to you PQ, Pauly, SF, Det, Pie, TT, SK and all other good folks stopping by
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick great jokes,Sam you get to feeling better,I still have the cough too,bleh,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Saturday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya TT, Lav, Sam, Pauly, Det...

PQ, You sleeping in this morning?

I have a condo to show at ten, then off to the grocery to get fixins for a Chickpea soup. Another pup will be arriving this afternoon, and then there'll be eight!

Comment

MAE, Mick, that sounds like a fab trip. I hope 2018 will be kinder to you and Julie.

Lav, I've done the caramelized onions in the crockpot. A very handy condiment to have and spices up an omelette and many other things. When I lived in Victoria, B.C. Saturdays was farmer's market ++. The Galloping Goose sausage man would bring his sausages, and start them on the grill, but the aroma of a pile of fried onions whetted the appetite.

Pie, how's the weather in south TX?

Pauly, I'm happy to see you.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...was actually up at 5am and then got into coffee and movies. Surfacing now for a few minutes. And 8 is enough! Wow, can you take a selfie of yourself walking them?

Mick...Rain?! It snowed here, got another foot! :rant: It's also -20F. Today and tomorrow supposed to be the coldest days and then by Wed looking at +40F. Go figure.

Sam...here's hoping new years is a reset button. If not stay in your PJ's and join us. We could use some tunes with Lav's cake.

Pauly...good to see you. Hope you get over the cough soon.

SK...I love the smell of frying onions as well.

Back to movies and coffee....have a Super Sober Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Who are you calling an old fart Mick????
                              Ha ha, I guess that would apply to a lot of us.....
                              You're getting rain & we're getting snow, not too much though.
                              I like homemade gifts too

Sam, geez, you really got the Virus+
                              It has to be coming to an end soon I would think!

Pauly, good to see you!

Pie, 8 dogs? OH MY!!!
                              I hope they are mini dogs & not like my son's retrievers (big & goofy).

SK, I am definitely going to grab a bag of white onions next time I'm out & toss them in the crockpot

PQ, how much is too much snow for you???
                              I heard today that Erie, PA got another 18" on top of the 54" they got a few days ago - crazy!!!
                              Staying in sounds like a good idea.

I'm not entirely sure what I've done all day but I have been busy. Time is flying & that's OK with me. I'm ready for a brand new year!!!
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Sattitditty ABerooos!

oh my, sausages, travel, snow, statue symbolism... all so much for this sleepy head.
                                Think i'll fire up a 2nd brew and try to stop shivering, woke up a bit cold. Great to see the
                                thread populated and active for this festive weekend.
                                back later loves. be well
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X