Joyous January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joyous January

Work was ok Lav,ended up with 15 that was enough for me,Star,hope the swelling is easing up,Cyn,my goodness I'm sorry about your client I try and just say thank God she's alive it sounds like it was pretty bad,I'm glad she has you as a friend to help out,have a nice AF night all
    Last edited by paulywogg; January 20, 2018, 08:16 PM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Still not feeling really well, getting depressed and I have jury duty this week. I have to call tonight. If I have to go I have to drive to the city and park by 8 am, so with traffic I would have to leave by 7 am. Not in the mood with this eye infection.

Lav, thank you for the tips. It is definitely improving, I called and was given oral antibiotics too. There is still a blister on my lower eyelid, it is uncomfortable and I look bad, I hate it. I have been doing the warm compresses and being super clean, but I guess it just takes time. Those foxes are so dangerous for the chickens you have become a chicken sitter now! It was so warm yesterday, I loved the gentle feeling of the warmer air.

Pauly, good you were busy and doing well. Enjoy Romeo, I love that name.

Cyn, your poor client, that accident sounds so scary, I will be extra careful driving for sure. This stye is making me crazy, I hate it. I have to realize that it will go away, but will take time. Do you wear eye makeup after all that? It is hard for me not too, but of course I am throwing all mine out and will have to get new stuff after this goes away. Is your husband still home? Hope you are in for a nice Sunday.

Skendall, hello to you, hope you are OK and better than OK.

Have a great AF Sunday.

Comment

Morning all -

Just a quick shout out to everyone. I am going on a business trip Tuesday through next Monday, so of course this is prep day. I have been trying to catch up on laundry the last few days, need to do dog cooking, human cooking, dog laundry, etc etc to be ready to go. So I'm in motion this morning. I got the birds fed, for which they are grateful - I didn't get to it yesterday... I love how the chickadees thank me with their flitting and chirping chickadee-dee-dee.

Good luck to all - SK, look forward to hearing how you are, Star hang in there, Pauly, 15 clients?, sheesh that's a lot, Lav the wonder-chicken-sitter, you might have to give those foxes a dose of Lavanitude!

Grateful today for having the sense of smell - the fragrances of the steam coming up from the teapot this morning was delicious - it reminded me of the winter/spring when I lost the senses of taste/smell... what a grey world that was for awhile...

To the light ---

Comment

Morning friends,Star ah ha! See there's a bright size to having the stye..you get new makeup also maybe you can use it as an excuse to get out of jury duty,I'm sorry I know its causing you distress but I'm just trying to make you feel better about the situation,Lav,I think I'm gonna quit wearing my fitbit to bed,,think its causing me more distress by going over the info,I liked my old one without the heartrate monitor during the night cuz I'd just tap it to sleep then tap it on in the morning,no info on how much rem,deep sleep,light sleep meh! Done...Cyn,what are your plans today? SK,I'm starting to worry I tried to text you but I think I might have punched your number into my phone wrong? Please check in when you get the chance,was putting old pics in albums last night and came across a bunch of Lou as a babe,defo must write that it was him cuz I'm sure Baby Romeo is gonna be his little clone,wishes for a super,sober Sunday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Cyn(we always do that) have a safe trip and yes I am grateful for the sense of smell(most of the time,hubs'feet can be killer) have a great day

Comment

Hello everyone. Enduring a terrible thunderstorm, so Peggy is very scared. I am with Vivian and is there any nicer thing than little girl's laughter. I slipped in the bedroom, caught my eye and got a concussion, now my daughter wants to put me in assisted living, FFS. Not up for discussion.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening friends,

SK, now you have me worried a little. Are you Ok? Did you go see anyone to get checked out?
                Slips & falls can happen to anyone at anytime. I damn near killed myself when I went down a flight of steps & landed on my head back in 2000.
                Enjoy your time with Vivian. Sounds like Peggy needs a thunder shirt, I hear they work

Star, jury duty, ugh. I don’t care for thst even when I’m feeling 100%. I hope things ease up for you very soon.

Pauly, you really did have a busy Saturday, good for you!
                The bsby looks great, very alert for a newborn. Enjoy

Cyn, I wish you a safe trip & hope it’s not all work stuff but a little fun too.
                I’ve spent the better part of my weekend playing with some old & some new designs in my shop. Fun stuff from now on, no more boring sweatshirt & caps jobs.

The Philadelphia Eagles are playing right now hoping to earn a spot in the Superbowl. I couldn’t care less, ha ha!
                That’s just me
                Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Up early today.

Skendall, so sorry you fell, hope you are OK. Your daughter is overreacting a bit, you can take care of yourself, you just fell. It can happen to anyone. You are right, a little child's laughter is the closest you come to heaven, in my opinion. We were invited to our grandsons and the older boy was laughing, running around, and so full of joy. It cheered me up!

Lav, I called the court last night and did not have to go in today, but have to call tonight. PIA, sorry but I have to live each day this week wondering about tomorrow and not being able to make definite plans. Your embroidery sounds so fun and creative, I love the shamrock, very cool.

Pauly, I still can't buy makeup cause the darn stye is still there. I am sick of it, but I guess it takes forever to go away. I am going to exercise today and then stuff around the house. Hope your day is good.

Cyn, have fun on your trip, nice to get away. But I know lots to do before you leave. Take care and safe travels. I have to gather more tax stuff today, so paperwork it is.

Onward to AF Monday.

Comment

Morning all -

SK, I am so sorry! I hope you did have a good doc take a look... even a slight concussion needs lots of body and eye rest, I found when I fell a few years ago. I'm so glad Vivian is bringing you joy!

Star, glad to hear that you didn't have to go to jury duty yesterday, I am crossing for fingers today. I still don't wear much eye makeup nowadays, I am so fearful of infections. You can google about the lifespan of makeup - I think I have some info on my website - we all keep makeup way too long, and it is Infection Central. Even the way we use the mascara wand makes a difference - I'll see if I have a link.

Pauly, you are busy and it all sounds good. May it continue!

Lav, so glad that you are doing projects to please yourself these days... it's about time!

Off to the races. I felt like I was coming down with something yesterday, but took all my stuff and so far, so good...

To the light ---

Comment

Morning friends,still having sleep issues,I'm so over it!! Just recently been bad,,oh well complaining don't help anyways,wishes for a nice AF Monday
                      Last edited by paulywogg; January 22, 2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Good evening friends!

I had a nice lunch out with former work friends today. We sure did a lot of talking but that's because we've known each other for 30 years!!!!

Star, I have another friend who is currently doing jury duty & she's not happy either, sorry.
                        To be honest I never had to go for county jury duty because of YB's status as a police officer - they didn't want me & that was OK with me. I did get called for federal duty in Philadelphia & had to go - what a PIA that was. I had to sit there all day until they interviewed me & they ended up sending me home. The case was about a defendant claiming he was roughed up by the Philly PD, ha ha!!!! They did not want my opinion on that!!!
                        I think I read somewhere that eye makeup is supposed to be replaced every 6 months but I may be wrong. I should replace mine too. I hope you feel better soon.

Cyn, one of my friends at lunch today asked if I could superimpose an initial in white on the green shamrock. She wants to give them as ornaments at Christmas. Interesting thought - I'll have to play with that & see what I can do. See.....this is fun stuff
                        I hope your trip goes smoothly & safely!

Pauly, don't panic about the sleep thing. Just accept it for whatever it is honestly. Last night I slept quite nicely until 2 am then I woke up. I realized I was having a rather severe hot flash, my head & pillow felt like they were on fire BUT the rest of me was freezing cold! How bizarre is that?? I was awake until at least 3 am then eventually went back to sleep.
                        I took 10 mg of melatonin extended release plus Benadryl before I went to bed so there was nothing left to do or take, ridiculous! The funny thing is I was fine all day, go figure.

SK, how are you doing today? Any residual problems resulting from your fall? I hope not.

Supposed to get an inch of rain tomorrow & possible thunder storms, ha ha! Gotta love this goofy weather.
                        YB walked out to the mailbox before dinner & realized as he was walking back down the driveway to the house that a fox was walking right next to him like a dog!!!! Honestly, you can't make this stuff up!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav,that's what I keep telling myself,,,not to stress or panic over it but at 2 am I starting to wonder if I'm going nuts haha,I was fine all day too though so I really shouldn't be over thinking it I guess,just hard not to

Comment

Hey, where is everyone? HELLO............

Cyn, I know you are traveling, be safe.

Pauly, I have recently put new batteries in my Walkman so I'm back to listening to guided meditations when I go to bed. They seem to help relieve some of the mental weirdness that creeps up when I go thru these crappy sleeping periods.
                            I hope you had a good day, I did despite the disturbed sleep. I will be mailing you a little something for you & Romeo in the next day or two

Star, I hope you are OK & that infection is clearing. I know that kind of stuff wears on a person :hug:

Well, we got our inch or so of rain overnight but no thunder.
                            I think it's going to get colder again, oh well.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, so sorry, I read posts yesterday and thought I posted but I guess I didn't. You are right, the eye issues are getting me down, I am definitely better, but it is not gone by any means. No make-up or contacts, and I look ugly, which I hate. A little make-up goes a long way, for me at least. Having said that, I did get my W-2, and other things, organized some tax papers, and feel good about that. Just fighting mild depression I guess. No jury duty again today, that is a blessing, and I hope this continues through the week. I have been listening to a guided meditation by Dr. Dispenza as I too have been waking up in the middle of the night and can't go to sleep. It helps to fall back asleep till around 6 am. I have even cut out naps, but still not sleeping well. What is going on with us? I am blaming January!

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, and Skendall. Have a happy Hump Day!!!!!

Comment

Morning friends,Star,I'm blaming January too! I took a 5 htp last night and slept a bit longer but I don't want to make that a habit either cuz the body just gets used to it anyways,,yay no jury duty at least Lav,I didn't do my meditation last night cuz I was watching some dumb show and by the time it was over I was ready for bed anyways,I need to make it a habit though,SK,I have my Himalayan salt lamp on right this minute hoping for some positive energy hope all is well in your world,Cyn,we'll probably cross post again but if not big hellos to you,ok wishes for a nice AF Wednesday!

Comment

Working...
                                X