Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 21st

MAE ALL...

Mick...wasn't expecting the letter from the 85 year old to end like that. LOL Did you manage to stay indoors today? Our weather is supposed to turn tomorrow but nothing like the -30's we had. Server still limping along, may have to actually fight with our Internet Provider tomorrow. Will do a reboot in the morning and keep an eye on it.

Pauly...glad you were able to get some sleep last night. I forgot all about 5htp, it's been awhile since I tried it but remember that it didn't do much for me. How's Romeo doing?

Pi...glad I could give you a laugh. Well 23 feet is better than 32 at least. Did you manage to stay indoors today? I think I was born into conflict and it never left. At least now it's all mine and I can choose how I deal with it.

TT...good to hear that Melatonin is beneficial for the liver. I've had better luck with that than 5htp. Did your search suggest a dosage?

Det...never knew that Melatonin had so many other benefits or that you could take that high a dose. I'll be doing some research but was wondering what brand you buy. I've found with supplements it really depends on the quality of the ingredients.

Lav...waves to you. Will check back for your post later.

Store bought Rotisserie Chicken and brussel sprouts for dinner tonight so must get at it. Have a restful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,we had store bought rotisserie chicken too! With rice though although I slept ok last night,now I know why I quit taking 5 htp a few years ago,I was quickly irritated,a bit racy feeling and I couldn't stop eating,which is weird cuz that stuff is supposed to stop carb cravings(bullshit!) Stick with my melatonin supplement,not near Det's dose but it's better than feeling funky all day,baby Romeo is doing good,I just got back from watching him and Lou so Kell and her bf could go file their taxes,anyhoo wishes for a nice night for us all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly...we do think alike don't we. LOL Glad to hear Romeo is doing better. I could deal with the jaundice but colic was a bitch. LOL

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, your story about the 85 year old in the nursing home with the radio cracked me up. My FIL had a similar situation with a room mate & a TV, ha ha!
          You are really getting hit with the storms this week, geez! Maybe you should look into life preserves for your bunnies

Det melatonin is certainly a natural occurring hormone & is relatively safe but 70 mg is a lot dude, ha ha!! If it helps you & doesn't harm you then I guess it's OK.
          If you ever think about doing a cross country trip with your trailer let us know. You can find Sam & me & a few others here on the east coast. Sorry about the repair bills but once it's done you'll be in good shape

Pauly, a lot of babies have jaundice after birth, it's not uncommon. The thing is we used to put the babies under the 'bili lights' in the nursery & usually by the time they went home it was gone. Now a days the babies go home so quickly there's no time for the treatment.
          The sleep issues are continuing for a lot of us this month so you are not alone

Hi there TT!

Pie, you sure do have a LOT of doggies to deal with & I'm sure that means a lot of dig breath too!!!! Bless you for being so patient & I hope your customers are appreciative!

PQ, I know a little something about former friends & relatives making unusual visits & doing strange things around the house - oh boy! I was sure that our last house had several of them, freaky. It wasn't just me either, my daughter was always reporting sightings.......

Speaking of 85 year olds we are talking our nearly that old former neighbors out for lunch tomorrow. They were the best neighbors for 18 years!
          Wishing everyone a peaceful & hopefully restful night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya folks its me ...howis everyone ?good I hope ..waiting for the guy thats fixes thecooker to land ..he is here between 1 and 5..I just wanted to say folks ,I am going to have a little break from here ...now before you tink somethings wrong ...there are some things we have to address,and we need the time ..note the we.I will still jump in ,and post jokes ,but starting the thread etc,over to another ,dont worry Ill be back ..

and now....

A junior manager, a senior manager and their boss are on their way to a meeting. On their way through a park, they come across a wonder lamp. They rub the lamp and a ghost appears. The ghost says, "Normally, one is granted three wishes but as you are three, I will allow one wish each"

So the eager senior manager shouted, I want the first wish. I want to be in the Bahamas, on a fast boat and have no worries. "Pfufffff, and he was gone.

Now the junior manager could not keep quiet and shouted "I want to be in Florida with beautiful girls, plenty of food and cocktails. "Pfufffff, and he was also gone ......

The boss calmly said," I want these two idiots back in the office after lunch at 12.35pm"

Lesson I: "Always allow the bosses to speak first"

The CEO was standing in front of a shredder with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Listen," said the CEO, "this is a very sensitive and important document, and my secretary has left. Can you make this thing work?"

"Certainly," said the young executive. He turned the machine on, inserted the paper, and pressed the start button.

"Excellent, excellent!" said the CEO as his paper disappeared inside the shredder machine. "I just need one copy."

Lesson II - Never, never assume that your BOSS knows everything.

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired
            for her sweetness and kindness to all.

One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea. As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist.

"Miss Beatrice," he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet
            and that it would prevent the spread of disease.

Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter."

A rabbit walks into a pub and says to the barman "Can I have a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie?". The barman is amazed but gives the rabbit a pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie. The rabbit drinks the beer and eats the toastie, he then leaves.

The following night the rabbit returns and again asks for a Pint of Beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie. The barman, now intrigued by the rabbit and the extra drinkers in the pub (because word gets round) gives the rabbit the pint and the toastie. The rabbit consumes them and leaves.

The next night, the pub is packed, in walks the rabbit and says "A pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, please barman". The crowd is hushed as the barman gives the rabbit his pint and toastie and then burst into applause as the rabbit wolfs them down.

The next night there is standing room only in the pub, coaches have been laid on for the crowds of patrons attending, and the barman is making more money in one week than he did all last year. In walks the rabbit and says, "A Pint of Beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, please barman", smiling and accepting the tributes of the masses.

The barman says, "I'm sorry rabbit, old mate, old mucker but we are right out of them Ham and Cheese Toasties".

The rabbit looks aghast; the crowd has quietened to almost a whisper, when the barman clears his throat nervously and says, "We do have a very nice Cheese and Onion Toastie".

The rabbit looks him in the eye and says, "Are you sure I will like it?" The masses bated breath is ear shatteringly silent.

The barman, with a roguish smile says "Do you think that I would let down one of my best friends, I know you'll love it".

"Ok" says the rabbit," I'll have a Pint of Beer and a Cheese and Onion Toastie". The pub erupts with glee as the rabbit quaffs the beer and guzzles the toastie, he then waves to the crowd and leaves....

.....NEVER TO RETURN!!!!!!

One year later in the now impoverished public house, the barman (who has only served 4 drinks tonight, 3 of which were his) calls time. When he is cleaning down the now empty bar, he sees a small white form, floating above the bar.

The barman says, "Who are you" To which he is answered, "I am the ghost of the rabbit that used to frequent your public house".

The barman says, "I remember you, you made me famous, you would come in every night and have a Pint of Beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, masses came to see you and this place was famous"

The rabbit says, "Yes I know".

The barman said, "I remember, on your last night we didn't have any Ham and Cheese Toasties, you had a Cheese and Onion one instead"

The rabbit said "Yes, you promised me that I would love it".

The barman said "You never came back, what happened?"

"I DIED", said the Rabbit.

"NO!" said the barman, "what from".

After a short pause, the rabbit said...

"Mixin'-me-toasties".

Four married blokes go fishing. After an hour, the following conversation took place:

First bloke: "You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife I will paint every room in the house next weekend."

Second bloke: "That's nothing; I had to promise my wife I will a build new pool deck.

Third bloke: "Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise to remodel the kitchen."

They continue fishing then realize the fourth bloke hasn't said a word. So they ask him. "You haven't said what you had to do to come fishing. What's the deal?"

Fourth bloke: "I just set my alarm for 5:30 am. It went off, I shut it off, gave the wife a nudge and said, "Fishing or Sex" She said, "Wear sun-block."

One dark night outside a small town a fire started inside the local chemical manufacturing plant and in a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames.

The alarm went out to all the fire brigades from miles around.

When the volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company GM rushed to the Captain and said, "All of our secret formulas are in the vault in the office near the centre of the plant. They must be saved. I will give $50,000 to the brigade that brings them out intact."

But the roaring flames held the fire fighters off. Soon more fire brigades from towns all around the area had to be called in as the situation became desperate.

As the new crews arrived, the GM shouted out that the offer was now $100,000 to the brigade who could bring out the company's secret files and handed them a plan of the complex showing their location.

From the distance, a lone siren was heard as another appliance came into sight. It was the nearby rural township volunteer brigade composed mainly of old farmers. To everyone's amazement, the little run-down fire truck, operated by a couple of the local cockies, passed all the newer sleek engines parked outside the plant and drove straight into the middle of the inferno!

Outside the other firemen watched as the old timers on the back of the Acco began to fight the fire with a performance and effort never seen before. Within a short time, the farmers had extinguished the fire and with some assistance over the radio from the company GM they also managed to save the secret formulas.

The grateful GM joyfully announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to $250,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave, though elderly, fire fighters on the old tanker.

The local TV news reporters rushed in after capturing the event on film asking, "What are you going to do with all that money?"

"Well," said the 70 year old Captain, "the first thing we?re gunna do is fix the bloody brakes on that truck!"
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,,,hope everything is ok? Sometimes I feel like taking a break but I like you guys too much slept betterish but woke up kinda anxious but maybe I'm just hungry,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thoysday ABeroooskies!

PPQ, what an interesting quote from you I think I was born into conflict and it never left. At least now it's all mine and I can choose how I deal with it.
                Quite profound I'd say, and I can relate.

Mick, by all means personal time is important....we'll be right here tapping our toes waiting for you

Pauly, feeling anxious in the morning may be a cortisol dump that is naturally occurring to wake you up in the morn. Too many carbs in the diet can also cause
                adrenaline dumps throughout the night and hunger pangs which is not so good. Have to experiment is all.

Morning hike cancelled due to low 20's combined with crazy winds here. Going to stay mostly inside and work on ebay, craigs list sales etc....
                How did I acquire soooo much crap? holy yardsale Batman. Soon as the weather perks up that's what I'll be doing for sure.

Thinking more about doing a youtube channel for guys that don't know how to cook.

K den... dats it for now.

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...no worries, we'll be here. Agree, sometimes you just need a break. Well server fixed and it was an exceptionally quiet day, got a lot accomplished. Should just take tomorrow off and call it a weekend. LOL

Pauly...I can blame anything on hunger. LOL Hope your day improved.

Det...Thanks for that. Our weather turned today too. Really overcast and trying quite hard to snow. The snowfall warning is north of us and I hope it stays there. You're going to have to get a pic of the trailer. I've been intrigued with all these "little" living spaces that are popping up everywhere. I think they'd be ideal.

Lav...your comments reminded me that I used to sleep walk. LOL I've seen some videos of "sightings" and if it ever happened to me I'd have to move! :cower:

Picked the perfect day to have pot roast! I love my comfort foods. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I had a rather full day but a good one.
                    We met our elderly friends for lunch & it was nice but they have really aged quite a lot. The Mr who has had hearing problems since we first met him in the mid-80's is now stone deaf & can't hear a thing even with his hearing aids in place. He was in Korea back in the 50's & that started his hearing loss. The Mrs is legally blind, can't drive or even read the menu & has bad mobility problems, ugh. Is this what we have to look forward to? I hope not.
                    Then I was asked to get the grandsons after school, feed them dinner & made sure some homework was done. They left a little after 8 pm. Fun times
                    Mick, you know we will be here waiting for you, take care :hug:

Pauly, you are definitely not a winter girl. Maybe the little package I put in the mail this morning will help!

Det, it's getting colder here too - brrrrr!!!
                    Good luck with your online sales!
                    A you tube channel sounds like an interesting project

PQ, if you do get snow please do not send it down here, please.........
                    I hope you enjoyed your pot roast, sounds good.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,I love my comfort foods too pot roast sounds perfect for a cold winters day I'm sure it was yum! Det,offerup or letgo is a good way to sell stuff too,you could try those,poor Kell was so tired yesterday,she tried to nap a bit but heard something and looked over and Lou was trying to brush the babies hair,yikes! Hopefully her bf let her get some sleep last night,he's awake all night playing video games yet wakes her to feed Romeo,makes no sense,I dunno how I managed 4 newborns defo not for sissies,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Friday

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly....thanks for kicking poets day off. One of these days I'll come up with a poem. I always say I'm glad I was a twin and didn't have twins! We were colicky for 9 months and the neighbours used to rotate in all day to rock us as Mom already had 3 babies before us.

Lav...it's supposed to snow to the north and south of us. LOL I think Colorado's weather will get you before another Alberta Clipper. I don't think were out of the woods for long though.

Should be another quiet day, just setting up for a events tonight and tomorrow, so should be able to leave early. Shout out to all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Not too many check-ins today......

Mick, we're thinking of you with love!

Pauly, I think the BF needs a swift kick in the a$$. I volunteer

PQ, it's definitely colder here but I see there's no snow on the forecast until next Friday. I can wait, HA HA!!!!
                          I hope you don't get stuck with much!

I'm mad as hell because I lost another chicken today. No sign of her, no signs of a struggle so I just don't know
                          It's below freezing outside right now so I doubt she can stay warm.
                          May very well be time for another hobby - I feel like a bad chicken mother all of a sudden.

Hello to the rets of the crew & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Pauly...I'll join Lav and kick the other cheek butt!

Lav...we're going to get a bit of snow tomorrow but I'll keep it here. I think I have your next embroidery project for you...

chicken.jpg

It's not the same chicken escape artist is it? Do you think Mr. Fox had anything to do with it?

Shout out to the rest of the gang...don't leave us hanging!

Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Aloooha Friday night greetings ABenators near and far! oh my what a crazy day.

Long story short, I'm home with no truck... mechanic was nice enough to drive me all the way home as he needs another day to fix the
                              various 'issues'. oh well. Been mighty hectic but somehow managing a chipper outlook on life.

Pauly, darn right... child rearing isn't for sissies at all. you gals are braver than I'll ever be! yep, BF needs to come home and find the
                              gaming console in the toilet.... I'm into subtle messages

Lav, you can't blame yourself for cold weather being hard on the chickens! somehow they evolved and survived long before us, and I'm
                              sure they will carry on.

PPQ, forgot to take pic of trailer I was so distracted today.... tomorrow! no interior shots til I get it spruced up!

made some chicken stock... thinking black bean soup for tomorrow.

hope all our missing peeps are A OK...

sweet dreams loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya Det...sorry about the truck issues, seems it always goes that way. Glad the mechanic drove you home and super glad that you're still chipper. :goodjob:

No interior shots is acceptable, I know someone who's had experience with trailer interior decorating. LOL

Ham, broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes are on my menu today. I really need to try beans as a protein source. All I can picture is the brown ones in sauce that come out of a tin!

Hope you have a restful night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X