Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 21st

Hi All,

Things got moving way too quickly here the last few days. Much of it real estate related, so there's some earnings potential. Also possible that I'll do a bunch of work, with no pot of gold at the end. A strange woman who first called me last summer turned up yesterday. She's convinced that I have a condo for rent, but that I'm not showing it to her. Says she's filing a discrimination complaint. My boss says to file a police report for stalking. I might look into that because the situation is weird and unsettling.

Sam, I've only ever seen wood stove heating on TV, like on the show Building Alaska.

Shout out to Mick, Lav, Pauly, PQ, TT, etal. Det, good on you for finding an affordable housing solution.

Comment

Pi...sounds like you're feeling better, hope so if things got moving way too quickly! Interesting situation with the woman stalker. Did she turn up at work or at your house? I agree with your boss especially if she's filing a discrimination report. Wouldn't hurt to get out ahead of it and have something on file. Do you still have 32 feet running around?

Pauly...you can whine all you want, I'll take that over wine any day. Hope you can get your sleep sorted soon. The grandpup probably feels left out and jealous of the new arrival.

Band aid fix on the server for now, was able to reboot it this morning. In a meeting most of the day looking at Out Of School Childcare Online Registration. The owner of the company is from New Zealand, I just loved his accent and he wasn't hard to look at either. Great product I think it'll be a good fit for us. Fish and chips for dinner tonight. Might even wrap it in newspaper. LOL Shout out to everyone stopping in. Have a good evening....:smile:PPQP
      Last edited by porqoui; January 23, 2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We got our 1 inch of rain but no thunder involved, just as well.
        Now we have extra mud to deal with - swell.
        I'm still freaked out about the fox thing but didn't see any of them today. They must be pretty wet & hiding out somewhere.

Mick, sounds like you're going to be busy for a few days getting that job done.
        I'm sure you'll be happy to get your phone back.
        My daughter bought a brand new washer & it broke on the second day - something about the circuit board. Why can't anything be made right anymore? Her repair guy was supposed to be there today.

PQ, computers & sometimes embroidery machines act up on Mondays. When I worked in the hospital Mondays were just awful. So I guess some things don't change.
        I can make a pretty good vegan lasagna......

Pauly, let's try the sleep meditations. I've been doing mine for the past few nights & finding they help a little.

Pie, geez!
        The last thing you want to deal with is a psycho real estate buyer. Be careful now, watch your back & listen to your inner wisdom!!

Hello to Det, hope everything is cool. Hi there TT, Sam 7 everyone.

Let's all have a peaceful night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hidy Ho ABeroooonies!

Mick, thanks for the nice boot-up. got the cooker cooking again? important stuff there mate.

Pie, how very weird... keep alert for sure.

Pauly, you take melatonin? I take about 70mg 1/2hr before bed, then listen to podcast a bit and zzzzzzzzzzzz. At least lately
          it's been working so I'm very grateful.

Lav, yay for happy lunch. Never hear of a fox attacking a human...unless yer in a chicken costume.

PPQ, tech probs aside... lasagna and then fish and chips right on.

had a lovely meditation session last night and got to play on the 'hang' drum a bit which is way cool. too bad
          they cost upwards of 2 grand. owie!

wheel bearing on my truck is toast. arg! bad timing. will attempt to fix it with friends and save some precious cheddar.

otherwise, it's oven roasted chicken with brussel sprouts and onion and you know what

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

ditto Lav on the meditations for sleep. awesome.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

70 mg Det?!? Has to be a typo? Hope you get your truck fixed,yep Lav,I have Lou's YouTube phone charging and my headphones next to my bed as we speak,PQ,I'm with you rather whine than wine Pie,crazy lady! Have a nice night all
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                PQ, computers & sometimes embroidery machines act up on Mondays. When I worked in the hospital Mondays were just awful. So I guess some things don't change.
                I knew it!!! There is a Monday Gremlin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                  PQ,I'm with you rather whine than wine
                  :welldone:
                  Last edited by porqoui; January 23, 2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

morning alll ..we are in the middle of storm georgina now ..its a belter ..def the worst we have had recently....its as windy as anything ,rabbits are covered up and thats the way they will stay today I guess....even my garden is flooding pretty good now!so what are we up to today then ? if its anyrhing like here its a stay in and keep warm job.
                    lets have a brew.

hiya ppqp....so the server has a plaster on it?never got my phone yesterday ,so its supposed to be today ..the state of this lot I think it might be tomorrow.fish and chips in newspaper ...now they were the days....

hiya pauly hows you then? did you get the dog sorted out ok?more to the point did you sleep any better? I hope so.

go for it pie ..turn potential into reality ..get the dosh in your sky rocket ...!!so you have nut job on your books eh? oh well theres enough for everyone!!hos your pa and the bride?

hiya det ...hows you then?careful with the melatonin you'll end up looking like another 45 ......cooker not fixed ..man with van here tomorrow

hiya Lav hows you then? all good I hope ...apart from mr fox ...you should wear a hat made out of fox fur..whats a fox hat I hear you say ..now you say it quite fast.....the result is.......yep Ive got a fair bit to do..got a field of geese here came down in the storm ....there must be about 50 of them..brew for you..

talking about gremlins ...since Julies mum and brother passed on we have had lots of strange thing happen that cannot be explained....

right peepsgotta go ..see yall laters
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,yep Mick,told Kell to get her pup yesterday,she was sooooo happy to be home poor thing! Took a 5 htp last night and slept longer/harder so that's a good thing,I hadn't used it in a long time but bought a bottle last week,I'll just use it here and there though,they take baby Romeo to the docs again today to check his jaundice out again,hopefully his numbers are down,his eyes do look clearer now so hopefully he's in single digits like his doc wants,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Wednesday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The following letter was forwarded by someone who teaches at a junior high school in Memphis, Tennessee. The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. This story is a credit to all of humankind. Read it, soak it in, and bask in the warm feeling that it leaves you with.

Dear Reyer School:

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizen's luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the county home for the aged. All my people are gone. It's nice to know that someone thinks of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but would never let me listen to it. The other day her radio fell and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful. So then she asked if she could listen to mine, and I said fuck you.

Sincerely,

Edna Johnston

Snappy Answers
                        Snappy Answer # 1
                        A stewardess was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets. As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket, and he opened his coat and flashed her. Without missing a beat she said, "Sir, I need to see your ticket, not your stub."

Snappy Answer #2
                        A lady was picking through the frozen chickens at the supermarket, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked the shelf stacker, "Do these chickens get any bigger?" He replied, "No , they're dead."

Snappy Answer #3
                        The policeman got out of his car and the lad who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. "I've been waiting for you all day," the policeman said. The lad replied, Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could." When the policeman finally stopped laughing, he sent the lad on his way without a ticket.

Snappy Answer #4
                        A lorry driver was driving along. A sign comes up that reads "low bridge ahead." Before he knows it the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles.Finally, a police car comes up. The policeman gets out of his car and walks around to the lorry driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got
                        stuck?" The lorry driver says, "No mate, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol."

and finally #5, THE TEACHER Snappy Answer OF THE YEAR
                        A university lecturer reminds her students of tomorrow's final exam. "Now, I
                        won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider
                        a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your
                        immediate family but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!" A smart-arse
                        bloke in the back of the room raised his hand and asks, "What would you say
                        if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"
                        The entire class does its best to stifle their laughter. When silence is restored,
                        the lecturer smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says,
                        "Well, I suppose you'd have to write the exam with your other hand."

On 20th July 1969, As commander of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module, Neil Armstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon. His first words after stepping on the moon, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," were televised to Earth and heard by millons. But just before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark: "Good luck, Mr Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years,many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck, Mr Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always smiled.

On 5th July 1995, in Tampa Bay, Florida, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26-year-old question to Armstrong.

This time he finally responded. Mr Gorsky had died, so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

In 1938 when he was a kid in a small Midwest town, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit the ball, which landed in his neighbour's yard by the bedroom windows. His neighbours were Mr and Mrs Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs Gorsky shouting at Mr Gorsky, "Oral sex! You want oral sex? You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

FEMALE PRAYER

Before I lay me down to sleep,
                        I pray for a man, who's not a creep,
                        One who's handsome, smart and strong
                        One who loves to listen long,
                        One who thinks before he speaks,
                        One who'll call, not wait for weeks.
                        I pray he's gainfully employed,
                        When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.
                        Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
                        Massages my back and begs to do more.
                        Oh! Send me a man who'll make love to my mind,
                        Knows what to answer to "how big is my behind?"
                        I pray that this man will love me to no end,
                        And always be my very best friend.

Amen.

MALE PRAYER

I pray for a deaf-mute nymphomaniac with great boobs who owns a liquor store and a bass boat.
                        This doesn't rhyme and I don't care.

Some One-liners From The Edinburgh Fringe Festival
                        I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.
                        Marcus Brigstocke at the Assembly Rooms

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.
                        Jimmy Carr

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears.
                        Chris Addison at the Pleasance

My dad is Irish and my mum is Iranian, which meant that we spent most of our family holidays in Customs.
                        Patrick Monahan at the Gilded Balloon

The dodo died. Then Dodi died, Di died and Dando died. Dido must be sh*tting herself.
                        Colin & Fergus at the Pleasance

My parents are from Glasgow which means they're incredibly hard, but I was never smacked as a child... well maybe one or two grams to get me to sleep at night.
                        Susan Murray at the Underbelly

Is it fair to say that there'd be less litter in Britain if blind people were given pointed sticks?
                        Adam Bloom at the Pleasance

My mum and dad are Scottish but they moved down to Wolverhampton when I was two, 'cause they wanted me to sound like a tw*t.
                        Susan Murray at the Underbelly

You have to remember all the trivia that your girlfriend tells you, because eventually you get tested. She'll go: "What's my favourite flower?" And you murmur to yourself: "Sh*t, I wasn't listening......Self-raising?"
                        Addy Van-Der-Borgh at the Assembly Rooms

The world is a dangerous place; only yesterday I went into Boots and punched someone in the face.
                        Jeremy Limb, at the Trap

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help".
                        Mark Watson, Rhod Gilbert at the Tron

I went out with an Irish Catholic. Very frustrating. You can take the Girl out of Cork...
                        Markus Birdman at the Pod Deco

Got a phone call today to do a gig at a fire station. Went along. Turned out it was a bloody hoax.
                        Adrian Poynton at the Pleasance

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.
                        Demetri Martin at the Assembly Rooms

A dog goes into a hardware store and says: "I'd like a job please". The hardware store owner says: "We don't hire dogs, why don't you go join the circus?" The dog replies: "What would the circus want with a plumber".
                        Steven Alan Green at C34

Hey - you want to feel really handsome? Go shopping at Asda.
                        Brendon Burns at the Pleasance

I like to go into the Body Shop and shout out really loud "I've already got one!"
                        Norman Lovett at The Stand

It's easy to distract fat people. It's a piece of cake.
                        Chris Addison at the Pleasance

I enjoy using the comedy technique of self-deprecation - but I'm not very good at it.
                        Arnold Brown at The Stand

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.
                        Milton Jones at the Underbelly

Not totally PC but they gave me a chuckle or two.
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Det do you really take 70 mg of melatonin.? That sure is a lot. Does anyone know if melatonin can affect the liver?
                          I like taking it as a sleep aid but as I said it's only available on prescription here and very expensive. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Curious to find out more.

Comment

PQ! Your question about the 32 feet is the best laugh I've had in days, so thank you very much for that! Normal foot count around here is 11, due to one pup having chewed off her toes following traumatic spine injury. Happened before she came to me back in 2008. Additional 12 feet arriving on Friday for about 3 weeks.

Storm Georgina sounds witchy, Mick! Glad you all are taking cover.

Taking cover sounds like a good plan for me right now too. I have a simple life, all things considered, but it's feeling too complicated. No tolerance for conflict, that's for sure.

Comment

Re melatonin. A quick search suggests it may be beneficial to the liver. But that dies not mean high doses.

Comment

Happy Humpday ABerooonies!

Mick, thanks much as always.

Pauly, not a typo... I take 70mg 1/2hr or so before bed and I sleep awesome and wake up easy.
                                It's not hepato toxic either which is important. Studies have confirmed that it's a potent antioxidant, mood booster
                                and even combats alzheimer's disease. Pretty spiffy....read up and check it out.

here's a great vid on the reason why apple cider vinegar is beneficial as well as dispelling the myth of the super-alkaline diet
                                YouTube

well crappo... the wheel bearing needs to be removed and replaced using a press so I'm taking the truck in Friday and spending about 300 smackers...owie.

did I tell you guys I got a trailer and planning on moving into it? will save a crapload of $ on rent/utilities and I'll be a mobile nomad! adventure-ready
                                that will certainly be a new experience for me.

off to the post office and get a trailer hitch....

be well loves
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X