Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 1st

MAE ALL...

It's a miracle...temps jumped to 70F overnight!

ap.jpg

Re: w/c 1st

Mae everybody,thanks for kickin us off PQ Happy Easter to all and I hope we all have a wonderful day
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ha! Good one, PQ!!

Comment

hiya all happy easter to yizall...metal detecting..just got home ..it was freezing ...found 15 Roman bronze coins,a medieval buckle and lots of nuffink else ..apart from that ...a big fat zilcho....hope you are all well...not too many eastereggz?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick...15 coins and a buckle sounds like a good haul to me. Freezing here too so am staying indoors. Didn't colour the easter eggs as it made it easier to hide them in the snow. LOL

Comment

Mick, finding any one of those treasures would make it a great day for me.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Happy Easter Abbers & April's Fools too

Thanks for the start up PQ & I really, really wish it was 70 degrees at your house

Mick, sounds like yo had a pretty good haul today. Are your bunnies exhausted after delivering eggs all over the world? Ha ha!!!!

Hello to Pauly, Pie, SK, Sam & anyone else popping in tonight.

Had a super quiet holiday, no visitors. I will be catching up with them at a later date.
              Awaiting the start of our first April S N O W

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all..its snowing here.....!unreal isnt it ..but yep snow on the ground so thats me in the Monday snow club...anyone else?gardening is somewhat limited to day ..it may be a day of "training"..so what are we all up to then lets see ...but first ...a brew..

hiya Lav ..well the monday snow club for you? heres a brew anyway..these 2 didnt deliver any eggs ..they are too busy pretending to be ill!!yes my social calendar is quite empty too .at the mo ..no visitors ..suits me grand that.

good morning sk ..long time n ohear ..how are you doing?hope all is well with you and yours.

hiya ppqp ..how are you then?all good ? still freezing over there? I can hear the wind starting to blow up here..any plans for today ?

hiya pie..how are you then?how did you get on going to your dads?as bad as you were thinking?hopefully nothow is the condo work going?

pauly ..happy easter to you..hope it was a good one?onwards to christmas now!!!ha ha ..glad hubby is enjoyin the noo job.

a big hello to everyone else

Logic from 'the Suit'
                Two builders (Chris and James) are seated either side of a table in a rough pub when a well-dressed man enters, orders a beer and sits on a stool at the bar. The two builders start to speculate about the occupation of the suit.

Chris: -I reckon he's an accountant.

James: -No way - he's a stockbroker.

Chris: -He ain't no stockbroker! A stockbroker wouldn't come in here!

The argument repeats itself for some time until the volume of beer gets the better of Chris and he makes for the toilet. On entering the toilet he sees that the suit is standing at a urinal. Curiosity and the several beers get the better of the builder...

Chris: -Scuse me.... no offence meant, but me and me mate were wondering what you do for a living?

Suit: -No offence taken! I'm a Logical Scientist by profession!

Chris: -Oh! What's that then?

Suit:-I'll try to explain by example... Do you have a goldfish at home?

Chris:-Er...mmm... well yeah, I do as it happens!

Suit: -Well, it's logical to follow that you keep it in a bowl or in a pond. Which is it?

Chris: -It's in a pond!

Suit: -Well then it's reasonable to suppose that you have a large garden then?

Chris: -As it happens, yes I have got a big garden!

Suit: -Well then it's logical to assume that in this town that if you have a large garden that you have a large house?

Chris: -As it happens I've got a five bedroom house... built it myself!

Suit: -Well given that you've built a five bedroom house it is logical to assume that you haven't built it just for yourself and that you are quite probably married?

Chris: -Yes I am married, I live with my wife and three children!

Suit: -Well then it is logical to assume that you are sexually active with your wife on a regular basis?

Chris:-Yep! Four nights a week!

Suit: -Well then it is logical to suggest that you do not masturbate very often?

Chris: -Me? Never

Suit: -Well there you are! That's logical science at work!

Chris:-How's that then?

Suit: -Well from finding out that you had a goldfish, I've told you about the size of garden you have, the size of house, your family and your sex life!

Chris: -I see! That's pretty impressive... thanks mate!

Both leave the toilet and Chris returns to his mate.

James: -I see the suit was in there. Did you ask him what he does?

Chris: -Yep! He's a logical scientist!

James: -What's that then?

Chris: -I'll try and explain. Do you have a goldfish?

James: -Nope

Chris: -Well then, you're a wanker.

Sam was out shopping in the mall when he meets his friend Abe outside the jewelers.

Sam notices that Abe has a small gift-wrapped box in his hand.

"So what have you just purchased Abe" Sam asks?

"Well, now that you've asked," replies Abe, "it's my Sharon's birthday tomorrow and when I asked her this morning what she wanted for her birthday she said, 'Oh, I don't know, dear, just give me something with a lot of diamonds in it'".

"So what did you get her" Sam asks?

Abe replies, smiling, "I bought her a deck of cards".
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,hope everyone had a nice Easter Mick sounds like a pretty good haul to me,PQ,you're on a roll with the jokes haha much love to all and wishes for a great AF Monday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks,well the snow has gone,and been replaced by rain.....look at this lot....

20180402_182617.jpg

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, our snow fizzled out before it ever really got started, I am grateful!
                      Had an afternoon visit from son & grandsons so they could pick up their Swiss chocolate bunnies & jelly beans, haha!
                      We have tons of mud here if anyone is interested

Pauly, hello to you!

Where on earth is everyone today?? Missing quite a few I see.

Nothing else happening so I'll just wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

That's a soggy yard you've got there, Mick. But the grass looks green.

My visit to Dad on Saturday wasn't awful, but he decided that he needed an ambulance ride to the hospital last night, so he's back in there today. My vision of a serene end of life is completely at odds with how he's playing his hand. Unless I find a way to just accept his antics, I will continue to find him maddening. Ooh boy! Just thought of how much worse things could be if my sober filters weren't in place, so there's that to be thankful for.

Thinking of you Pauly, PQ, Lav, Det, Sam, SK...

Comment

hiya peeps ,wow guess everyone was filling up on eastereggs yesterday...how are we all today then? all well hopefully ...stopped raining here,so the peskies can get out and play.Ive been framing up a picture,and sorting out the pics from Inja..and trying to sort the train sets ..thats the day roughly put ...and shopping etc?
                          ok lets have a brew shall we.

hiya pie..how are you today then?Is your dad still in hospital?I know its difficult pie ,and hard to deal with...but try and remember its not your dads fault...none of my business I know.anyways hope you have a good day.

hey Lav..lets trade mud!!!how are you today then?all well less a load of swiss chocolate..Ive got a fair bit of planting to do,but the weather isnt favourable ...

big shout to everyone else take care
                          Last edited by Mick; April 3, 2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...sorry for MIA yesterday, had a pretty down day and didn't feel like bringing you all with me. Just the usual money woes and holiday blues but mood has improved today.

Mick...I'll trade that rain for snow any day!!! Just heard they're keeping the ski hills open till May 21! :egad: We've still got a ton of snow here and temps are 14 degrees colder than they should be. Talk about being done with this winter. We're supposed to start our Tykes Soccer program on April 24 and right now there's still 2 feet of snow on the fields.

Pi...glad you got to your Dad's even if it wasn't the greatest. Remember you can't control the actions of others but you can control how you react.

Lav...glad you got a visit in. I'll even take mud!

Neighbours must have been away for Easter as all was quiet for awhile. They arrived back Sunday night fighting and yelling all the way into their condo, then the swearing and banging commenced. Settled down for awhile but started up again at 5am. Only had the fighting and arguing for about an hour around midnight last night so we'll see what tonight brings. Really need to get some sleep....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Still too early & wet to plant anything Mick! The plants will just have to wait awhile!
                              I have 'muck shoes' that I generally remember to step into before heading out to the chicken house. I also have two pairs of clogs & sneakers that are currently covered in mud (because I forgot to put my muck shoes on) ha ha!
                              Rain & chilly here today & can't do a thing about it, oh well. I did make a very tasty pot of dairy free cream of mushroom soup today. I am now making homemade oat cream to use for cooking & baking (and sometimes in my coffee). It's good, does the trick!

Pie, is your Dad wanting miracles at this point? I very well remember my dad & my FIL wanting to end their hospice care & search for miracles near the end of their lives. That certainly was not going to happen. I think, in their cases it was fear based. Perhaps your dad could speak to a clergy member or psychologist & have his fears allayed.
                              Keep your chin up, I know it's hard on you too :hug:

We HELLO to all the missing folks - hope everyone is OK!
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X