w/c 6 may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 6 may

morning all ...a quick jump in ..im on the way out here detecting ...another lovely day they reckon ..twas yesterday..jhiya Lav ,ppqp ...you aint lived till you experiment with lentils ,and also chick peas too...you can make all sorts of things with them .hiya pauly you ok?Sam no I wont be going to kettelwell ,tho I have seen the scarecrows before!

have a good day all

The teacher asks the class to name big words that eat things and end in "TOR".

The first little boy said "Alligator".

The teacher replied "Very good that is a very clever example".

Tne second little boy said "Predator".

The teacher replied "Very good that is a very good example, well done".

Little Johnny says "Vibrator".

The teacher nearly fell off her chair and replied "That is a big word but it does not eat anything".

Little Johnny replied "Yes it does; my sister says it eats batteries like there’s no tomorrow".

The following are all replies that Manchester women have written on Child Support Agency Forms in the section for listing "father's details;" or putting it another way....

Who’s your Daddy?

These are genuine excerpts from the forms.

Be sure to checkout #10. It takes 1st prize and #3 is runner up.

1. Regarding the identity of the father of my twins, Makeeshia was fathered by Maclearndon McKinley I am unsure as to the identity of the father of Marlinda, but I believe that she was conceived on the same night.

2. I am unsure, as to the identity of the father of my child as I was being sick out of a window when taken unexpectedly from behind. I can provide you with a list of names of men that I think were at the party if this helps.

3. I do not know the name of the father of my little girl. She was conceived at a party at 360 East Bolton Avenue where I had sex with a man I met that night. I do remember that the sex was so good that I fainted. If you do manage to track down the father, can you please send me
    his phone number? Thanks.

4. I don't know the identity of the father of my daughter. He drives a BMW that now has a hole made by my stiletto in one of the door panels. Perhaps you can contact BMW service stations in this area and see if he's had it replaced.

5. I have never had sex with a man. I am still a Virginian. I am awaiting a letter from the Pope confirming that my son's conception was ejaculate and that he is the Saver risen again.

6. I cannot tell you the name of Alleshia dad as he informs me that to do so would blow his cover and that would have cataclysmic implications for the economy. I am torn between doing right by you and right by the country . Please advise.

7.Tyrone Hairston is the father of child A If you do catch up with him, can you ask him what he did with my AC/DC CDs? Child B who was also borned at the same time.... well, I don't have clue.

8. From the dates it seems that my daughter was conceived at Euro-Disney World; maybe it really is the Magic Kingdom.

9. So much about that night is a blur. The only thing that I remember for sure is Gordon Ramsey did a programme about eggs earlier in the evening. If I had stayed in and watched more TV rather than going to the party at 56 Miller St, mine might have remained unfertilized.

10. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my baby, after all, like when you eat a can of beans you can't be sure which one made you fart.

As they approached Dublin number 1 runway, the tower heard:

PILOT - Bejeesus will ya look how fookin shart dat runway is?

CO-PILOT - Yer nat fookin kiddin, Paddy

PILOT - Dis is ganna be one a de trickiest landings ever, Shamus!

CO-PILOT - Yer nat fookin kiddin, Paddy !!

PILOT - Right, Shamus, when I say 'go' put de engine in reverse!!

CO-PILOT - Royt, I'll do dat !!

PILOT - An den ya put de flaps down!!

CO-PILOT - Royt, I'll do dat, too !!

PILOT - An den stamp an de brakes as hard as yer can an pray ta de Holy Mudder a Gad !!!

CO-PILOT - I'm prayin already, but I'll hit de brakes as hard as I can.

So, as the wheels hit the ground, Shamus put the engines in reverse, puts the flaps down, stamped on the brakes and continued to pray to the Holy Mother with all his soul. The brakes screeched, the tyres squealed,and there was smoke everywhere but, to the relief of all the passengers and; not least of all, Paddy and Shamus, the aircraft came to a stop a few metres from the end of the runway!!!

As Paddy and Shamus sat in the cockpit regaining some composure,

Paddy looked out of the window and said to Shamus, "Dat has gat ta be de shartist fookin runway in de world!"

Shamus replied, "Yes, but da ya see how fookin wide it is"?

A salesman goes up to a house on Schweitzer Mtn. and knocks on the front door.

It's opened by a little nine year-old boy named Ryjan who has a lit cigar in one hand, a glass of whiskey in the other with a Penthouse magazine tucked under his arm.

Salesman says: "Hello son. Is your mom or dad home?"

The Little boy replies: "What the f**k do you think?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 6 may

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for starting this week's thread before heading out. Good luck with the detecting today.

Got the coffee ready while we wait to see where Pi's taking us for brunch today. Spending time today completing the paperwork I need to do and a trip to the bottle depot at some time.

Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,thanks for the kickoff Mick hello PQ,thanks for the brew,well Winslow was quiet last night so that's good at least,poor Michelle got a really bad sunburn on the backs of her legs at work,they made her take the day off today,poor thing,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Let's visit the Solomon Islands before rising sea levels cause any more of them to disappear. Brunch view at The Ofis, Mendana Highway, Honiara, Solomon Islands. Wishing a peaceful Sunday to us all.

The Ofis.jpgThe Ofis2.jpg

Comment

Paper work complete and bottles return. I know I'll sleep tonight. LOL

Pauly...how did Michelle burn the back of her legs? Sunburn is not fun. Glad Winslow was quiet. LOL

Pi...good plan. Man the weather has been wicked for lots of people.

Lav...I'm sure you'll be popping in shortly.

Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Almost time to go to bed, geez! Busy all day doing stuff - nothing real exciting, ha ha!
            Had a nice quick thunderstorm this afternoon so it's cooler now, thank goodness!

Mick, I hope your day of detecting was profitable for you

PQ, we're supposed to have spring weather back again this week, isn't that nice? Ha ha!!
            Glad you are caught up on paperwork, that stuff can be so irritating.
            The BBQ lentil recipe I use is on Rebooted Mom – Health, Food & Wellness Information to help your family live naturally.
            The cooking directions are for an IP, but you can certainly do it on your cooktop. You could cook the lentils according to package directions, make the sauce separately then mix them together. I use less water than is called for in the IP recipe so they're not too soupy. You'll have to judge the cooking water that remains & drain some (or not). It's up to you. Even the carnivore I live with really likes them, LOL

Pauly, I hope Michelle is OK, sunburn sucks.

Pie, I'll gladly meet you in the Solomon Islands - looks awesome

Hello to everyone else & wishing a peaceful night for all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all how arecwe ? another lovely day of sunshinetoday ..yesterday was a scorcher ...was out detecting a great day...I found 27 roman bronze coins and 2 silver Roman Denari ,,, one was minted in 161 .180 ad the other 230 ..248 ad ..little belters ..the silver isnt pure so even in those days,they were trying to rip the people off..will put them up later ...so how are we all ? ok I hope..its bank holiday over here ..so everyone is off..For those of us on here and there are a good a few,just found out a friend of mine into bikes in a big way ...thurs night at 8.30 pm ..car hit him,killed outright .so be careful.
              brew time ..

hiya Lav ...you ok ? we are expecting rain on wednesday..so heres a brew in the sunshine to start with .....yes I love lentils too....letil and leek soup ...real thick ...great food!

hiya ppqp ..hows you then?good ? glad to hear it ...just google lentil recipes there are hundreds .....

hiya pie ..yep Im up for that ....the Solomons ? never been there ..yet!hows the dogs doing?

hiya pauly ,hows you ? hows the back of Michelles legz?how did she burn da back ov them ..nice pic on fb by the way ..

big hi to all the rest ..going out to get some bits before the crowds start ...the sun is out so it will be mobbed ..

UK Weather: The 'Roast from Russia' makes British Bank Holiday hotter than Hawaii but thunderstorms are coming
              Last edited by Mick; May 7, 2018, 03:46 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I love thunderstorms as long as I don't have to do anything outside. It hasn't been hot enough here to produce any, yet!

Mick...sounds like you made a decent haul yesterday. Sorry to hear about your friend. Right now the TV is pushing bike safety big time, it's that time of year. I'm sure the bits you're heading out to get involve finishing projects at home. Don't let the crowds get to you.

Feeling positive in a long time this Monday morning. Hope you all have a Marvelous day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick sorry about your friend PQ,Michelle works putting stages together and they're doing a music festival so she was outside bent over most of the time when she got burnt,wearing shorts of course,I could see wearing short sleeves to stay cool but I think I'd wear pants for that kind of job anyways,much love to all and wishes for a nice BF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Not so hot here today, grateful for that! Makes being outside actually pleasant & I don't have to run ice out to the chickens, ha ha!!

Mick, very sorry about your friend, sad way to go. I wouldn't get on a bike these days, too many crazy drivers out there. A guy I used to work with was hit on his bike & the accident left him alive but paralyzed. He was moved to ur unit for some rehab, it was so difficult trying to take care of him.
                    Congrats on your successful day Sunday, lots of goodies for you.

PQ, I made a pot of those lentils today & served them over sweet potatoes - yum
                    Another favorite of mine is lentil meatballs - really good.

Pauly, I hope Michelle heals up quickly. I think long pants would be a good idea for her too.

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all...how are we today then ? it was supposed to be raining today ,but the sun is cracking the flags ..it is lovely ...Julie was going to take the day off ,but it was scheduled to rain ,so she went to work ...ho hum..me and the rabbitz on the deckchairs...ok lets have a brew to start with.....

hiya Lav,how areyou today then?hope all is good with you ..motorbike licence is the only one I have never had ...and that includes tanks armoured vehicles ,buses ,articulated lorries..oh and motorised lawnmowers..and one I have never really wanted..it was 31 degrees here yesterday ..think thats about 90 ...hope you have a good day ..

hiya pauly hows you then? all good ...."my daughter is on the stage!"theres a good one for the salon!!hope your day is going well ..

hi ppqp ...glad you are feeling pos...well done..yes got some bits n bats to finish a couple of jobs off ..trouble is I find myself more ..yep it was a pretty good haul on sunday...In the passt I have had agold coin and a stone age axe head off these fields.stay upbeat and get those lentils on the go..

hiya sam ,pie tt ..you still on your travels?

A drunk staggered up to the hotel reception desk and demanded his room be changed.

"But sir," said the clerk, "you have the best room in the hotel".

"I insist on another room!!" said the drunk.

"Very good, sir. I`ll change you from 502 to 555. Would you mind telling me why you don`t like 502" asked the clerk?

"Well, for one thing" said the drunk, "it`s on fire".

A newly ordained priest is nervous about hearing confessions and asks an older priest to observe one of his sessions to give him some tips. After a few minutes of listening, the old priest suggests that they have a word.

?I?ve got a few suggestions?, he says. ?Try folding your arms over your chest and rub your chin with one hand?.

The new priest tries this.

?Very good?, says his senior. ?Now try saying things like 'I see', 'I understand' and 'Yes, go on'?.

The younger priest practises these sayings, too.

?Well done,? says the older priest. ?Don't you think that's better than slapping your knee and saying: ?No way! What happened next??

Two businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new store. As yet, the store wasn't ready, with only a few shelves set up.

One said to the other, 'I bet any minute now some senior is going to walk by, put his face to the window, and ask what we're selling'

No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious senior walked to the window, had a peek and in a soft voice asked "What are you sellin' here"?

One of the men replied sarcastically, "We're selling ass-holes".

Without skipping a beat, the old timer said, "You're doing well. Only two left".

Not many people know it, but the Devil actually wears a wig. You'd never know if you weren't told - it's a perfect fit.

Anyway, down in the world of fire and brimstone one guy did find out and he decided to have a little practical joke. So one night, he sneaks past the guardian demons and manages to get all the way into Satan's bed chamber, whereupon he steals the hair-piece and makes good his escape.

Well, of course the Devil was most displeased by this, and he rounds up his demons, and demands to know which of them had been so lazy as to let someone sneak past them. Naturally, none of them owns up, which makes him even madder: So he calls a general meeting of everyone the underworld: everyone has to attend.

The meeting is held in a huge cavern, and it's absolutely packed (except for the odd gap in the crowd, where there's a lava-pit or bottomless fissure in the floor). As Satan steps up to speak, everyone sees that he's got no hair, and peals of laughter start echoing out around the hall.

The devil bellows at them to be quiet, and a deadly hush falls.

"Whoever stole it", he shouts, "had better return it immediately"! And here he paused for effect...

"Or else there'll be Hell Toupee"!

Divorce : Future tense of marriage.

Compromise : The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece.

Classic : Books which people praise but do not read.

Smile : A curve that can set a lot of things straight.

Office : A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life.

Etc. : A sign to make others believe that you know more than you actually do.

Committee: Individuals who can do nothing individually and sit to decide that nothing can be done together.

Experience : The name men give to their mistakes.

Philosopher: A fool who torments himself during life, to be spoken of when dead.

Father : A banker provided by nature.

Criminal : A guy no different from the rest ... except that he got caught.

Boss: Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.

Politician : One who shakes your hand before elections and your confidence after.

Doctor : person who kills your ills by pills, and kills you with his bills.

A young couple got married and went away on their honeymoon. After two weeks they came back and finally put away all of the presents they received from friends and family. Since this was a new home, the process took some time.

The silver went into the closet, items were put on the walls for display and some of the more intimate apparel was put in the bedroom drawers.

A week later, they received in the mail two tickets for a popular show where tickets were impossible to get. They were very excited and warmed by the gesture of the person who sent this. Inside the envelope, however, was only a small piece of paper with a single line.

"Guess who sent them".

The pair had much fun trying to identify the donor, but failed in the effort. They went to the theatre, and had a wonderful time. On their return home late at night, still trying to guess the identity of the unknown host, they found the house stripped of every article of value. And on the bare table in the dining-room was a piece of paper on which was written in the same hand as the enclosure with the tickets:

"Now you know"!

It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles.

As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it!

Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.

Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not.

The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast,' give up now and do something else.
                      Try not to hurt yourself.

If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say ' silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question.

Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat.

Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World.

However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks,

what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said 'green bricks,' why are you still reading these???If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany

(If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .)

Anyway, during the flight, two engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine

is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do

so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of 'no man's land' between East Germany

and West Germany .

Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany , West Germany , or no man's land'?

Answer: You don't bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you're a dunce and you must stop.

If you said, 'You don't bury survivors', proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator!

You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales .

In London , 17 people get on the bus.

In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on.

In Swindon , two people get off and four g et on.

In Cardiff , 1 1 people get off and 16 people get on.

In Swansea , three people get off and five people get on .

In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven.

What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
                      Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!

Never mind, it part of getting old.....

20180508_083636.jpg

20180508_083709.jpg
                      Last edited by Mick; May 8, 2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you do put pictures in my mind

rabbits.jpg

I remember the gold coin and a stone age axe head. Didn't realize you were at the same spot, surprised you're still finding stuff. LOL Julie must be kicking herself but 31 is a tad too hot for me reason I'll never live in Vegas. Some of the avid gardeners have got their plots planted so now I'm itching to get out there. Lessons learned from last season will find me mapping out my plot a little better this year.

Pauly...I like the way Mick put it..."my daughter is on the stage" LOL

Lav...I've heard you talk about the lentil meatballs before. Still working up the courage. LOL

Had a busy but productive day yesterday. Got the documents sent off to my trustee but feel there's still more to do there. I'll wait till I hear back from him. The nice thing about the new boss is he's not opposed to me spending time outside at the garden during my working day.

Have a Terrific Tuesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick didn't realize that it got that warm over there,probably more humid so feels worse too,PQ,I'm with you in the lentils I hafta say much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

DO NOT knock the lentils until you've tried them ~ seriously!

Mick, I think I heard that the Romans want their coins back, haha!
                            Global warming is here, it's happening regardless of what the DOOFUS in the White House says
                            It's warming up everywhere, the floods & hurricanes are out of control too. Do you have any AC in your house? I couldn't live without mine.
                            I had fun with the grandsons this afternoon, they only had a half day of school today.

PQ, glad you can out & enjoy the gardens during your day
                            Be the brave woman I know you are give at least give the lentils a try!!!

Pauly, don't be a wuss, try the lentils, LOL

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a nice night!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

good morning all....how are we today then?all in the best of helf?it did as promised last night ..rained like a good un ,this morning the sun is out again nice bright and shiny.Ive got to channel out alll the way along the raised bed and fenceline between us and next door ...there is a twist in the fence when it was originaslly put in ,plus the panels need renewing,so not looking forward to that ...not only do I hav e to channel it ,but also have to put a board in to stop it all dropping ...oh well.

hoya Lav how are you today then?good I hope ,no we dont have aircon here..itsnever really been an issue ..doubt if many have them here ..If it is too hot we leave the loft hatch open ..a wuss did we get that from the states or vice versa?Ive got 12 different tomato types on the go ..
                              Marmande,San Antonia ,Sungold ,Beefsteak,,Olivia,Holzer?,Gardeners Delight ,Moneymaker ,Fertilee ,Tigerstripe,Tumbling Tom ,Sweet millions..

hey pauly hows you today then?all good Im with Lav on the lentils they are great to eat and work with ...here is another dish Ilove ..cheap quick and filling ...Lesco its Hungarian...a friend of ours showed us how to make it she is Hungarian...as the main meat we use chicken ...but in the vegetarian one you can use anything ...including lentils !!

hiya ppqp.out in the garden working ? cant beat it ...how are you then today? hope all is well ...Same goes ..try the lentils there is so much you can do with them..

well merry little band ,hope you have a good day ..big hiya to everyone else..

A British company is developing computer chips that store music in women's breast implants.

This is a major breakthrough!

Women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

One night, Donald is tossing restlessly in his White House bed. He awakens to see George Washington standing by him. Trump asks him, "George, what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington advises, then fades away.

The next night, he is astir again, and sees the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom. Trump calls out, "Tom, please! What is the best thing I could do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, like I did," Jefferson advises, and dims from sight.

He isn't sleeping well the third night when he sees another figure moving in the shadows. It is Abraham Lincoln's ghost. "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now, to help the country?" Bush pleads.

Abe replies: "Go see a play".

Two women were out for a Saturday stroll. One had a Doberman and the other, a Chihuahua. As they walked down the street, the one with the Doberman said to her friend, "Let's go over to that bar for a drink."

The lady with the Chihuahua said, "We can't go in there. We've got dogs with us." The one with the Doberman said, "Just watch, and do as I do."

They walked over to the bar and the one with the Doberman put on a pair of dark glasses and started to walk in. The bouncer at the door said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman with the Doberman said, "You don't understand. This is my guide dog."

The bouncer said, "A Doberman?" The woman said, "Yes, they're using them now. They're very good." The bouncer said, "OK, come on in."

The lady with the Chihuahua thought that convincing him that a Chihuahua was a guide dog may be a bit more difficult, but thought, "What the heck," so she put on her dark glasses and started to walk in.

Once again the bouncer said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman said, "You don't understand. This is my guide dog." The bouncer said, "A Chihuahua?" The woman with the Chihuahua said, "A Chihuahua? They gave me a fking Chihuahua???!!!"

A guy went to a psychiatrist because he was having severe problems with his sex life.

The psychiatrist asked him a lot of questions, but didn't seem to be getting a clear picture of the problems.

Finally, he asked, "Do you ever watch your wife's face while you're having sex?"

"Well, yes, I did once."

"Well, how did she look?"

"Oh boy, she looked VERY angry!"

At this point the psychiatrist felt that he was really getting somewhere and he said, "Well that's very interesting, we must look into this further.

Now tell me, you say that you have only seen your wife's face once during sex; that seems somewhat unusual. How did it occur that you saw her face that time?"

"She was watching us through the window."

There was an elderly couple from Iowa visiting New Zealand on vacation a few years ago. They rented a car and decided to tour the North Island. No sooner had they reached the countryside when Mother, who was the driverand was hard of hearing, was pulled over by a traffic cop for speeding.

The traffic cop did the twirly thing with his fingers to wind down the window, which she did.

The cop said to her, "Madam, you were doing over the legal speed limit."

She said to her husband, "What did he say?"

Her husband shouted, "He said you were speeding."

She said to the cop, "I'm sorry officer," to which the officer replied, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to issue you with a speeding ticket." She said to her husband, "What did he say?" He shouted back, "He said he's going to cite you for speeding."

By this time the cop had become aware of her hearing problem, and as he was writing out the ticket, he asked, "Where are you from?"

She said to her husband, "What did he say?"

and he yelled back, "He wants to know where you're from." She said to the cop, "I'm from the United States of America."

The cop then muttered to himself, "I went there once and had the worst sex I'd ever had in my life."

She said to her husband (You guessed it) "What did he say?" to which he replied in a very loud voice, "HE SAID HE THINKS HE KNOWS YOU!"

A man walks into a bar with his dog and puts the dog on a barstool. The bartender asks the man what he wants to drink.

"I'll have a bourbon and Coke."

The man then turns to his dog and asks, "What are you going to have, Rover?"

"I'll have a Scotch and soda--light on the soda," says Rover.

The bartender is skeptical about the dog talking. "Come on," he says, "that dog can't talk -- you're a ventriloquist!"

"No, Rover can really talk. While I am in the restroom, you can have a conversation with him yourself, but don't let him out of your sight. He is a very valuable dog."

The man goes to the restroom. When he returns, the dog is gone.

"Hey, where's my dog? I told you not to let him out of your sight."

"Aw, I didn't believe that Rover could talk, so I gave him a quarter and sent him to the drug store to buy me a paper."

"Let's go look for him," said the man.

The two went to the drugstore. No Rover. They walked up and down nearby alleys and streets, but stil no dog. Finally, they find Rover in an alley on top of another dog, pumping away.

Pointing his finger at Rover, the man says angrily, "How come you are doing this? You have never done this before!"

"It's the first time I ever had any money."

A man was driving through west Texas one spring evening. The road was deserted and he had not seen a soul for what seemed like hours. Suddenly his car started to cough and splutter and the engine slowly died away, leaving him sitting on the side of the road in total silence.

He popped the hood and looked to see if there was anything that he could do to get it going again. Unfortunately, he had a limited knowledge of cars, so all he could do was look at the engine, feeling despondent As he stood looking at the gradually fading light of his flashlight, he cursed that he had not put in new batteries, like he had promised himself.

Suddenly, through the inky shadows, came a deep voice, "It's your fuel pump."

The man raised up quickly, striking his head on the underside of the hood. "Who said that?" he demanded.

There were two horses standing in the fenced field alongside the road and the man was amazed when the nearest of the two horses repeated, "It's your fuel pump. Tap it with your
                              flashlight, and try it again."

Confused, the man tapped the fuel pump with his flashlight, turned the key and sure enough, the engine roared to life.

He muttered a short thanks to the horse and screeched away.

When he reached the next town, he ran into the local bar.
                              "Gimme a large whiskey, please!" he said.

A rancher sitting at the bar looked at the man's ashen face and asked, "What's wrong, man? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It's unbelievable," the man said and recalled the whole tale to the rancher.

The rancher took a sip of his beer and looked thoughtful.
                              "A horse, you say? Was it by any chance a white horse?"

The man replied to the affirmative. "Yes, it was! Am I crazy?"

"No, you ain't crazy. In fact, you're lucky," said the rancher, "because that black horse don't know shit about cars."

Comment

Working...
                              X