w/c 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 27th

Home grown strawberries and blueberries sound heavenly, Lav.

Mick, are you having trouble following doctor's orders to rest your back?

PQ, it was just my own crew for 24 hours. Today, a mother and son duo arrived. Elderly, and very sweet. I'm going to have to read back to learn about the funeral you are going to. You didn't kill anyone, did you?

Sam, glad your bridge made it through the winter so you didn't have to tackle that in the freezing weather.

Comment

Mick...you're not doing yourself any favours with the back. You just make sure you can keep your rescheduled holidays or you'll have to answer to Julie.

Pi...you make me laugh. No the ex is still alive. LOL It was my mother in laws funeral, she passed away May 21st. It was a relief as her quality of life had really suffered.

Funeral went with out a hitch, Ex behaved himself. It was a small gathering and the Grandkids did a great job with the eulogy and slide show. I'm very proud of them. About 15 of us went out to eat afterward and had some laughs. Glad that's done and with a full tummy just going to relax tonight. Back to work and my routine tomorrow.

Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Took a ride up to the outlets to buy some summer clothes, finally. Hot & humid here, awaiting scattered storms for the next few days.
        We have to ride to our granddaughter's school tomorrow to deliver the cute little footbridge YB built for their 'flying up' ceremony. Going from Daisy scouts to Brownies

Pie, my car is Cajun red. This is actually the 3rd red Chevy I've purchased in my lifetime. Can you tell my favorite color?
        I hope your boarders are behaving & comfy.

Sam, I have a feeling your bridge required a whole lot more work & lumber than the brownie bridge, haha!

PQ, glad to hear everything went OK at the funeral. Just goes to show that some people really CAN behave themselves when they want to, right?

Mick, I think Julie needs to tie you to a chair to keep you from harming yourself
        Follow the instructions & stop worry about stuff that needs to be done - it can wait. Get yourself healthy for your trip!

Pauly, haven't seen you anywhere on the threads today. Are you OK?

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornnig all...been busy this morning ..Jeeves decided to do an offski, so I have had to make another side gate for the house ...done dusted and painted up!its really muggy here today ..def storms on the way ..off to the bone crunchers in about an hour ,so need to get reddy..get it Lav reddy ...???ah ok....

pie I have difficulty in following orders...from anyone ...but I guess Ive got to !hows the dogs?

hiya ppqp ...glad all went well...

hiya pauly you doing ok?

right need to dash peeps ...have a good day ..
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...the Brownie bridge sounds cute, how about a pic? I think the operative word is WANT but I'm glad he was respectful of the circumstances. Still a long road ahead for the executors but having the power makes all the difference.

Mick...glad you got Jeeves home safe and sound, guess he's in lockup now. LOL Getting another side gate done, dusted and painted probably won't impress the bone crusher this morning.

Pauly...I concur, you doing ok? Have you had any word from Det?

Our temps have dropped sitting at about 40F with off and on rain. At least it's not snow! Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; May 31, 2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

been to bone cruncher ....wow !!!!!really sore but it has eased offnow ..new gate made ...Jeeves not impressed as pics show !!

20180531_183737.jpg

20180531_183725.jpg
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                been to bone cruncher ....wow !!!!!really sore but it has eased offnow ..new gate made ...Jeeves not impressed as pics show !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4231[/ATTACH]
                Do you think that's high enough! Just saying.

Comment

Mick...so maybe it's time to let Julie tie you to a chair? We want you pain free for your adventure next week.

I might take the bone cruncher over the day I had, hard to put into words but since a picture is worth a thousand of them...

hair.jpg

Things did settle down by the end of the day but come on people! I was away "1" day! Planning on taking a couple of weeks vacation in August but am now thinking that I'll also take a couple of weeks in June and just let them all figure it out for themselves. Still have a couple of weeks coming to me so there's always July. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang wherever you may be.....:smile:PPQP
                  Last edited by porqoui; May 31, 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, that’s quite a little bunny prison you’ve got there. Ha ha!
                    Now a chicken would simply jump over that thing, or a dog too. I guess bunnies don’t jump or climb?
                    Take care of your back friend

PQ, I used to almost hate taking vacation because there was always a ton of sh*t for me to clean up when I got back
                    The scouts were very happy walking from the blue end yo the brown edge of the bridge. They are now officially Brownies!!!
                    DE524F2F-51A5-403D-A7B4-5B5717298E19.jpg

Hello to the rest of the crowd, have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav...thanks for the pic! It's so cute. I was in Brownies with my twin sister. I can't remember what we were called before Brownies but my twin did all the work, got all the badges and was graduating to Brownies, no fancy bridge to cross but there was a ceremony. I on the other hand got into Brownies because of my age. Talk about a ticked off twin. LOL

I was exactly the same way about taking vacation. When my boss would say you should take some time off I'd reply with so I can come back to 2 weeks of crap on my desk! No thanks! With the current job and my old boss dealing with his illness, I wasn't going anywhere. The accountant used to say you're too dedicated to your job, didn't reply with and you're not? Now, with the new boss and his management style I'm ready to say F it, you're on your own. LOL

Comment

morning all...how are we today then?hope all is well,feeling not too bad this morning ,but I guess I have to take it a bit easy ..Well Jeeves never managed to escape this morning ,he definitely isnt impressed at the moment ,well tis the weekend almost ...anyone doing anything exciting ? skydiving ,rapids shooting ?well until we get to that point lets have a brew .

hiya Lav ,hows you then ?yep rabbits do jump..they arent as smart as hares at doing a standing jump..If you look at it too ..from his side it is lower than the other.Also there is no support in the middle part where the mesh is.It is fastened top and bottom ...If he hits it the mesh it will spring ..as opposed to a solid where he convert his energy to upwards he hits the mesh the energy is lost in it springing ..now heres a story for you..I was in the cubs as a youngster ...however I got asked to leave..In the troop ther was amongst the stuff a printing press you know the ones with the metal blocks ?well I hit on a plan swiped a few of them and started making raffle tickets to sell for a bogey raffle ..I never sold a one but got captured...and asked to leave..and look where I ended up ..ha ha ..

hiya ppqp...hows you then today? things getting any easier despite the bosses abdication form the work process ..take as many jollidays as you can...good for you...any plans on where you are going?

hiya anybody/everybody else ..have a nice weekend

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...feeling not too bad this morning ,but I guess I have to take it a bit easy...ya think! Glad the 2 gate security system worked. Last thing you need this morning is to chase Jeeves around. I think that's hilarious that you started out as a thief and scammer and ended up where you did. Guess you could always see both sides of the story. Things settled down at work and told the boss he needs to make time to talk today. We need to schedule some meetings and I want a commitment on certain things I need completed. One of the mobility challenged gardeners is unable to plant this year so I'm turning her plot into a Food Bank donation. This weekend will find me planting that up so no sky diving for me.

Shout out to the rest of the gang and have a Fantastic Friday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Still dwelling in excessive heat & humidity here. Looking forward to storms tomorrow to blow all this yuck out of here!

Mick, glad to hear you are 'taking it easy' - if that's really true, haha!!!
                            So you were a cub scout delinquent?? Go figure!!!
                            Your bunny is better behaved than my escape artist chickens

PQ, good twin/evil twin, huh?? LOL
                            Brownies is really the best time in girl scouts, in my humble opinion. Still young enough to be curious & eager & not old enough to be grumpy or whiney about rules & regulations.
                            When I finally left my job at the hospital they had to issue me a HUGE check for all the unused vacation time I had accumulated, ha ha!!!

Did I mention yesterday that YB removed not one but 2 5 ft. long black snakes from his garage? I hate snakes
                            Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing a nice night for all.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

wow ...little gang ,how are we today then?you both ok..and anyone else that is looking in I guess ...we had one serious storm last night thunder and lightning the whole shebang...its overcast today but again humid and muggy
                              shall we have a brew ...

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then?all well ..?yes when I look back as a youngster it could have gone either way ,I was fortunate enough tho get out and learn sense ..though despite what they say today ...the army def had a hand in straightening me out...anyways water under the bridge,Yes the inner and outer gate system works ,..he isnt impressed ..So did the boss have some listening time with you? going back to what you said about one of your group not being mobile....have you thought of raised beds etc...so the skydiving is for another day then?

hiya Lav ..how are you?Im taking it easy definitely by my standards...I had to get 5 gro bags ,but before I did,I strapped my back up ..Courgettes planted out ,grobags in greenhouse,awaiting tomato plants.Yes ,when Left they had to pay me for 4 weeks leave and I think 72 hours accrued toil (time off in lieu)that loophole is now closed... snakes ...we get big worms ..but thats as far as it goes!!

right peeps have a good one ..hello to any others ..

A guy from Kansas dies and is sent to Hell. He had been a horrible man his entire life.

The devil puts him to work breaking up rocks with a sledge hammer. To make it worse, he cranks up the temperature and the humidity.

After a couple of days, the devil checks in on his victim to see if he is suffering adequately. The devil is aghast as the guy from Kansas is happily swinging his hammer and whistling a happy tune.

The devil walks up to him and says, "I don't understand this. I've turned the heat way up, it's humid, you're crushing rocks; why are you so happy?"

The guy from Kansas, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great! It reminds me of August in Kansas. Hot, humid, a good place to work. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!"

The devil, extremely perplexed, walks away to ponder the remarks of the guy from Kansas. Then he decides to drop the temperature, send down a driving rain and torrential wind. Soon, Hell is a wet, muddy mess.

Walking in mud up to his knees with dust blowing into his eyes, the guy from Kansas is happily slogging through the mud pushing a wheelbarrow full of crushed rocks.

Again, the devil asks how he can be happy in such conditions.

The guy from Kansas replies, "This is great! Just like April in Kansas. It reminds me of working out in the yard with spring planting!"

The devil is now completely baffled but more determined to make the guy from Kansas suffer. He makes the temperature plummet. Suddenly Hell is blanketed in snow and ice. Confident that this will surely make the guy from Kansas unhappy, the devil checks in on him.

He is again aghast at what he sees. The guy from Kansas is dancing, singing, and twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in glee.

"How can you be so happy? Don't you know its 40 below zero!?" screams the devil.

Jumping up and down, the guy from Kansas throws a snowball at the devil and yells, "Hell's frozen over! This means the Chiefs won the super bowl

The Importance of Walking

Walking can add minutes to your life.
                              This enables you at 85 years old
                              to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
                              home at $7000 per month.

My grandpa started walking
                              five miles a day when he was 60.
                              Now he's 97 years old
                              and we don't know where he is.

I like long walks,
                              especially when they are taken
                              by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking
                              is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to walk early in the morning,
                              before my brain figures out what I'm doing..

I joined a health club last year,
                              spent about 400 bucks.
                              Haven't lost a pound.
                              Apparently you have to go there...

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
                              I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

I do have flabby thighs,
                              but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day
                              is so when you die, they'll say,
                              'Well, she looks good doesn't she.'

If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
                              start with a small country..

I know I got a lot of exercise
                              the last few years,.......
                              just getting over the hill.

We all get heavier as we get older,
                              because there's a lot more information in our heads.
                              That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Customer: "Do I need a computer to use your software?"
                              Tech Support: "Ok, I can help you install the software. Would you like me to do that?"
                              Customer: "Yes."
                              Tech Support: "All right, can you insert the disk in the disk drive please?"
                              Customer: "How?"
                              Tech Support: "Place the disk in the opening at the front of the computer."
                              Customer: "Will I have to have my computer delivered before we can do this?"
                              Tech Support: "Um yes, that might be an idea."

Tech Support: "Ok, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"
                              Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

Customer: "How do you spell 'Internet America'? Is there a space between 'inter' and 'net'?"
                              Tech Support: "No space between 'inter' and 'net'. It's spelled normally."
                              Customer: "Ok. A-M-E-R-I-C-K?"
                              Tech Support: "That's A-M-E-R-I-C-A."
                              Customer: "I-C-K???"
                              Tech Support: "'A' as in apple"
                              Customer: "There's no 'K' in apple!"

A pedestrian stepped off the curb and into the road without looking and promptly gets knocked flat by a passing cyclist.

"You were really lucky there," said the cyclist.

"What on earth are you talking about! That really hurt!" said the pedestrian, still on the pavement, rubbing his head.

"Well, usually I drive a bus!" the cyclist replied."

Comment

morning all
                                thinking about an ark here, water went over my nice new bridge and got it all dirty with debris. More rain today,

Lav, got a varmint getting my chickens at night, believe it is a raccoon. Shutting everybody up tonight. I don't mind losing an egg or 2 to snakes but varmints killing my hens is another matter.

PQ, I see a vacation in your future, take it and enjoy!!

Mick, doing any better. I do the back cracker as well every once in awhile. Sometimes it helps, other times it is muscle related

playing tunes today for an art opening, one of the folks I play with plays cello, what a sound!

have a good one friends,
                                Sam
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X