w/c 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 20

hiya aslll how are we today then?good I hope ...Yes I had my Burns night suppper last night ..twas lovely ....when you google it ...the ingredients sound manky ,but it tastes great....no whisky ,but Irn Bru instead ..Dont think the detecting is on tomorrow ....the weather is going to be seriously cold with snow showers..Rabbits are outside playing at the moment...Bonnie has rerally come back tyo life thankfully...
    ok lets have an afternoon brew...

hiya Pauly ..hows you then today?good I hope..whats this about firing folk? where has that come from?whats hapnin? have a good weekend .

hiya ppQp ..hOwar e you?Komuter skilz ..wHAtsas the problim ..Imace on a komputer.No cards this week? Yes I di that train checking the track ..it all needs cleaning ..Ive been moving the buildingsabout so the wiring for the electrics are all over the place under the boards ..hope you have a good weekend ..

Hiya Lav,how are you then ?So did you make vegan haggis ? I didnt realise you actually could.Yes Bonnie is a lot better ,thankfully she is back to her abnormal self ..As for DNA ..Ive not done mine ..it would probably come up with Did Not Appear.....hope the weekend is a good one for you.

hiya Det..how are you doing then ...whats that about illgal to collect water ?I think you will find that law was changed in 2017.

file:///C:/Users/HP/Downloads/SB74_EN.pdf

New law allows rain recycling in Nevada

good luck on the interview too mate ..

hiya treegirl and sk ,sam and pie hope you are all well...

Working at that Bingo Hall isn't just a job!..It's a calling!

The poor country pastor was livid when he confronted his wife with the receipt for a $250 dress she had bought. "How could you do this!" he exclaimed.

"I don't know," she wailed, "I was standing in the store looking at the dress. Then I found myself trying it on. It was like the Devil was whispering to me, 'Gee, you look great in that dress. You should buy it.'"

"Well," the pastor persisted, "You know how to deal with him! Just tell him, "Get behind me, Satan!"

"I did," replied his wife, "but then he said "It looks great from back here, too."

A gentleman asked a waiter to take a bottle of Merlot over to an attractive woman.

The waiter took the Merlot to the woman and said, "This is from the gentleman seated over there," indicating the sender.

She regarded the wine coolly for a second, not looking at the man, and decided to send a reply note to the man. The waiter, who was lingering for a response, took the note from her and conveyed it to the gentleman.

The note read: "For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a Mercedes in your garage, a million dollars in the bank, and 7 inches in your pants."

After reading the note, the man decided to compose one of his own in return. He folded the note, handed it to the waiter and instructed him to return this to the woman.

It read: "For your information, I have a Ferrari Maranello, a BMW Z8, a Mercedes CL600 and a Porsche Turbo in my garage. There is over twenty million dollars in my bank account. But, not even for a woman as beautiful as you would I cut three inches off.

Just send the bottle back."

Paddy is working on a building site and hears the lunchtime bell...off he goes to the portacabin and takes a seat, unwraps his sandwiches and fills his empty belly.

An English fella sits down next to him and produces a Thermos Flask from his bag, and proceeds to pour himself a piping hot cup of coffee.
    Paddy looks on in amazement and remarks ''What de bleedin hel_l is dat thing''?!

The English fella turns to him and says ''Its a Thermos Flask, Paddy''

''Well what the hel_l does dat do then''? asks Paddy

''It keeps things hot, and it keeps things cold'' responds the English fella.

''Well dat is amazin' - when i get off work today I'm gonna get meself a T'ermos Flask straight away''

The next day, the lunchtime bell goes, and the English fella is already seated in the portacabin eating his lunch. In walks Paddy, beaming from ear to ear, clutching a bright shiny new flask under his arm.

The English fella remarks ''Oh, so you got one then''?

''I fokin did''!! says Paddy

Another builder turns to Paddy and asks ''Whats that you got there then''?

''T'ermos Flask'' is Paddy's response

''Oh, right, so what does that do then''? enquires the builder

''It keeps things hot and it keeps things cold'' says Paddy

''So what you got in there''? asks the builder

Paddy replies: ''2 cups of tea and an ice lolly''

Once upon a time the government had a vast scrap yard in the middle of a desert. Congress said "someone may steal from it at night." So they created a night watchman position and hired a person for the job.

Then Congress said, "How does the watchman do his job without instruction?" So they created a planning department and hired two people, one person to write the instructions, and one person to do time studies.

Then Congress said, "How will we know the night watchman is doing the tasks correctly?" So they created a Quality Control department and hired two people. One to do the studies and one to write the reports.

Then Congress said, "How are these people going to get paid?" So they created the following positions, a time keeper, and a payroll officer, then hired two people.

Then Congress said, "Who will be accountable for all of these people?" So they created an administrative section and hired three people, an Administrative Officer, Assistant Administrative Officer, and a Legal Secretary.

Then Congress said, "We have had this command in operation for one year and we are $18,000 over budget, we must cutback overall cost."

So they laid off the night watchman.

A woman went to the doctor's office and was seen by one of the new young doctors. After about four minutes in the examination room, she started screaming and ran down the hall. An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told him her story. After listening, he told her to sit down and relax in another room.

The older doctor marched down the hallway to the back where the first doctor was and demanded, "What's the matter with you? Mrs. Terry is 63 years old, she has four grown children and seven grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

The new doctor continued to write on his clipboard and, without looking up, said, "Does she still have the hiccups?"

A country preacher was walking the backroads near his church. He became thirsty so decided to stop at a little cottage and ask for something to drink. The lady of the house invited him in and in addition to something to drink, she served him a bowl of soup by the fire. There was a small pig running around the kitchen. The pig was constantly running up to the visitor and giving him a great deal of attention.

The visiting pastor commented that he had never seen a pig this friendly.

The housewife replied: "Ah, he's not that friendly. That's his bowl you're using."

With the circus in town, a local man is very excited to see the magic show and rushes down to the big-top. He reaches the gates just as the circus is closing for the day but manages to buy a ticket and hurriedly runs into the tent. "Where's the magic show?", he breathlessly asks one employee.

The lady replies that she just saw the magician in the back packing up his bags for the day and without wasting a minute, the man rushes back to see the show. He races into the room only to find the magician ready to leave.

"I'm here for the magic show", the guy tells the magician.

"Sorry pal, come back tomorrow I'm going home." replies The Amazing Jonas.

"Look", says the man, "I just paid good money to come in and see a magic show and that's what I expect!"

Visually annoyed, the magician tells him, "Buddy, I've been here all day and I'd like to go home and see my wife and kids."

With that, the customer becomes more irate and DEMANDS that he be shown at least one magic trick.

"Okay, you want to see a magic trick?!", Jonas asks. "Pull down your pants."

The man looks skeptical but does as he's told.

"Now bend over and grab your ankles." As he does Jonas walks behind him and the man flinches. "There," asks the magician. "Can you feel my finger in your ass?"

The man winces and replies, "Yeah."

The magician holds both of his hands over the guy's back, wiggles his fingers in front of his face and shouts, "Ta-Dah."

Father: Why don't you get yourself a job?
    Son: Why?

Father: So you could earn some money.

Father: So you could put some money in a bank and earn interest.

Father: So that when you're old you can use the money in your bank account .....and you would never have to work again.

Son: I'm not working now.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Coffee all around as I get ready to head off to the bottle depot. Got to take advantage of this chinook. Hope everyone is surviving their weather woes. Back later....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Mick...looks like our weather has finally synced, we too are having snow showers but temps will be just around freezing. Sounds like a good day to work on the train setup. So glad Bonnie has bounced back.
      Last edited by porqoui; January 26, 2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Mae all,

Mick, so glad to hear about Bonnie snapping back to her "abnormal self" LOL! Thx for the jokes - I laughed out loud on the pig one - that would absolutely happen at my house if I used the dog's bowl! Burns night - for the writer, Robbie Burns?

Lav, oh no more cookies! RE: DNA, didn't you get info on some part of your family was in the ?Toureg (or some other car name) tribe? That was fascinating. I think if they search far enough back, we all came out of some north African country... that's where it all began. Enjoy your time with daughter and granddaughter!

Det, crossing fingers for your job interview. When Lav mentioned Coffee Place (w/Pauly, which I think is a brilliant idea), it also occurred to me that you should be able to mount a show of your photo work in one of these coffee places -- many shops here do that, but the stuff is nit nearly as good as yours...

PPQ, ok, just to lead you on a bit more, HB just came home again - for 2 days. He has to work for long periods of time in the big city, hence we have to both travel to see one another. He rents places for the time he is contracted for. So, we end up spending $$ equivalent to 2 mortgages... which is why we are considering selling this house and finding an apartment close to the city next year, if he gets a similar contract. All will be revealed (someday)!

Pauly, so sorry for all the ridiculous stuff you are having to wade through at work. Good luck finding the right pathway out and forward!

SK, Pi and Sam, here's hoping all is well!

Cheers for a good start to your weekends.

Comment

TG...oooh a mystery to solve. It took us almost a year to get Mick to fess up to what he was doing on Sundays! Lets see...HB works contract, long term as he just moved into the winter/spring apartment. Wondering why the summer/fall apartment wouldn't work anymore???? Will have to do some more thinking on this....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Well, my guests left a few minutes ago, we had a nice time & a good dinner. Not a haggis in sight either, LOL
            I now have 12 boxes of Girl Scout cookies sitting here if anyone is interested
            The temp just dropped below freezing but it's not bad. Wednesday night it's dropping to 5 degrees - OH MY!

Mick, I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner - I just couldn't do it, ha ha!!!
            I roasted turkey tenderloins & a big tray of broccoli, cauliflower & carrots & made mashed potatoes. Everyone was happy
            Give Bonnie a treat for me, something tasty!

PQ, my son-in-law's entire job is keeping all the computers safe in a large company. He has to stay up to date for every & any possible cyber attack - eek!!!!
            He just went to FL for two days last week for a conference, keeps him busy & on the move.
            I hope the rest of this month goes by as quickly as the first part did. I want to see us inching closer to spring.

Cyn, you have an excellent memory
            My ancestors were Tuareg Who Are The Tuareg People Of The Sahara? - WorldAtlas.com
            My granddaughter was very excited to tell me about her unicorn theme birthday party next month. I'm invited along with all her friends & classmates - can't wait
            Hope you get some rest this weekend!

Hello to Pauly, Det, SK & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.
            Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X