feb 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: feb 10

hiya all..tis me ...fullbelly.com fed and watered.so here we go ..jokes as promised..

My friend has a rare condition where her face is completely allergic to Max Factor and No.7.

You couldn't make it up

My dog just ignores me when I call him.

Ever since he got that phone he acts like he doesn't need me anymore.

I picked up our son for my first contact visit after the acrimonious custody battle.
    "Don't you dare forget," growled my ex-wife. "I want him back here by 7."
    Which I thought was very generous. He's only 3 at the moment so that's, what? 4 years?

Pat and Mick decide to go on a pilgrimage to the Vatican in the hope of meeting the Pope.
    They get there late at night and pitch their tent on the grounds of the Papal Palace.
    In the morning the Pope appears on the balcony and, with an outstretched hand, makes a long downward stroke followed by a sideways stroke.
    "Fck me" says Pat.." He's giving us a blessing"
    Mick says "let's get closer Pat and hear what he's saying"
    As they approach the balcony, the Pope makes the same gesture and says..
    "Get the tent down and get off the feckin grass!"

I said to my missus,

"If I ask you what you would like for a Valentines day gift, you'd just say nothing, wouldn't you?"

"Yes, " she replied.

"OK then, " I answered, "you might as well have your present now then. "

Dorothy: "That nice George Johnson asked me out for a date. I know you went out with him last week, and I wanted to talk with you about him before I give him my answer".

Edna: "Well, I'll tell you. He shows up at my apartment punctually at 7 PM., dressed like such a gentleman in a fine suit, and he brings me such beautiful flowers! Then he takes me downstairs, and what's there but a luxury car... a limousine, uniformed chauffeur and all. Then he takes me out for dinner... a marvelous dinner... lobster, champagne, dessert, and after-dinner drinks. Then we go see a show. Let me tell you",

Dorothy, I enjoyed it so much I could have just died from pleasure! So then we are coming back to my apartment and he turns into an ANIMAL. Completely crazy, he tears off my expensive new dress and has his way with me two times"!

Dorothy: "Goodness gracious!... so you are telling me I shouldn't go out with him"?

Edna: "No, no, no... I'm just saying, wear an old dress".

Mensa is an organization whose members have an IQ of 140 or higher. A few years ago, there was a Mensa convention in San Francisco, and several members lunched at a local cafe. While dining, they discovered that their saltshaker contained pepper and their pepper shaker was full of salt.

How could they swap the contents of the bottles without spilling, and using only the implements at hand? Clearly this was a job for Mensa! The group debated and presented ideas, and finally came up with a brilliant solution involving a napkin, a straw, and an empty saucer. They called the Blond waitress over to dazzle her with their solution.

"Ma'am," they said, "we couldn't help but notice that the pepper shaker contains salt and the salt shaker contains pepper..."

"Oh," the blond waitress interrupted.

"Sorry about that."

She unscrewed the caps of both bottles and switched them!

A doctor in Newfoundland wanted to get off work and go hunting, so he approached his assistant.

"George, I am going hunting tomorrow and don't want to close the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and take care of all me patients".

"Yes, sir!" answers George.

The doctor goes hunting and returns the following day and asks: "So,George, how was your day?"

George told him that he took care of three patients. "The first one had a headache so I gave him Asprin."

"Bravo Mate, and the second one?" asks the doctor.

"The second one had stomach burning and I gave him Alka-seltzer, sir" says George.

"Bravo, bravo! You're good at this and what about the third one?" asks the doctor.

"Sir, I was sitting here and suddenly the door opens and a woman enters. Like a flame, she undresses herself, taking off everything including her bra and her panties and lies down on the table, spreading her legs and shouts: 'HELP ME! For five years I have not seen any man!'"

"Tunderin' lard Jesus George, what did you do?" asks the doctor.

"I put drops in her eyes."

While walking through Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, a man came upon another man hugging a tree with his ear firmly against the tree. Seeing this he inquired, "Just out of curiosity, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm listening to the music of the tree," the other man replied.

"You've gotta be kiddin' me."

"No, would you like to give it a try?"

Understandably curious, the man says, "Well, OK..." So he wrapped his arms around the tree and pressed his ear up against it. With this, the other guy slapped a pair of handcuffs on him, took his wallet, jewelry, car keys, and then stripped him naked and left.

Two hours later another nature lover strolled by, saw this guy handcuffed to the tree stark naked, and asked, "What the hell happened to you?"

He told the guy the whole terrible story about how he got there. When he finished telling his story, the other guy shook his head in sympathy, walked around behind him, kissed him gently behind the ear and said:

"This just ain't gonna be your day, darling"!

A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper has screwed him for ten million bucks. This bookkeeper is deaf. It was considered an occupational benefit, and why he got the job in the first place, since it was assumed that a deaf bookkeeper would not be able to hear anything he'd ever have to testify about in court.

When the Godfather goes to shakedown the bookkeeper about his missing $10 million bucks, he brings along his attorney, who knows sign language. The Godfather asks the bookkeeper: "Where is the 10 million bucks you embezzled from me?" The attorney, using sign language, asks the bookkeeper where the 10 mllion dollars is hidden.

The bookkeeper signs back: "I don't know what you are talking about."

The attorney tells the Godfather: "He says he doesn't know what you're talking about."

That's when the Godfather pulls out a 9 mm pistol, puts it to the bookkeeper's temple, cocks it, and says: "Ask him again!"

The attorney signs to the underling: "He'll kill you for sure if you don't tell him!"

The bookkeeper signs back: "OK! You win! The money is in a brown briefcase,buried behind the shed in my cousin Enzo's backyard in Queens!"

The Godfather asks the attorney: "Well, what'd he say?"

The attorney replies:"He says you don't have the balls to pull the trigger"

A lady lost her handbag in the bustle of shopping at the mall. It was found by an honest little boy and returned to her. Looking in her purse, she commented, "Hmmm.... That's funny. When I lost my bag there was a $20 bill in it. Now there are twenty $1 bills."

The boy quickly replied, "That's right, lady. The last time I found a lady's purse, she didn't have any change for a reward."

Part of the curriculum in the schools these days is sex education.

Educators are trying to teach abstinence as a option to the kids.

One teacher was addressing her 7th grade class and said, "In moments of temptation, just ask yourself one question: Is an hour of pleasure worth what could end-up with disease, or worse -- a lifetime of shame and regret?

Now, are there any questions"?

One sweet young thing in the back of the room then raised her hand and asked, "Teacher, how do you make it last for an hour"?

A group of Minnesota friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck.

"Where's Henry"? the others asked.

"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail", the successful hunter replied.

"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back"? they inquired.

"A tough call", nodded the hunter. "But I figure no one's going to steal Henry"

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven"?

"NO"! the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven"?

Again, the answer was, "NO"! By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven"?" I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, "NO"! I was just bursting with pride for them. Well, I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven"?

A six-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE F*CKIN' DEAD"!

Ole, while not a brilliant scholar, was a gifted portrait artist. His fame grew and soon people from all over the country were coming to him in Minnesota for paintings.

One day, a beautiful young woman pulled up to his house in a stretch limo.

She asked Ole if he would paint her in the nude.

This was the first time anyone had made this request.

The beautiful lady said money was no object; she was willing to pay $50,000.

Not wanting to get into trouble with his wife, Ole asked the lady to wait while he went in the house and conferred with Lena, his missus.

In a few minutes he returned and said to the lady, "Ya, shoor, you betcha. I'll paint ya in da nude, but I'll haff ta leave my socks on so I'll have a place to wipe my brushes."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Chicken was bland and dry,,will be sticking to store bought rotisserie chicken! At least then its juicy and good,practically the same price anyways
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

We had sunshine & above freezing temps most of the day but we also had snow flurries right before dinner, haha! There's absolutely zero signs of spring around here, no kidding. I did get my chickens to go outside for some fresh air today, they were happy.
        My daughter, SIL & Granddaughter left today for a 5 day trip to Costa Rica, wow. They will be staying in some sort of family resort in the jungle area. I don't know how they came up with this idea but I hope they have a last! This is my granddaughter's first time flying so she was pretty psyched Apparently there are 2 volcanos in CR & one of them is currently erupting so the flight had to take a bit of a detour. Can't wait to hear what else they get up to? LOL

Mick, like Cyn said most of the fire department in the US are volunteer. Only the big cities have paid departments. Actually a lot of the volunteer depts. these days do pay one or two firefighters a regular salary so someone is always available during the day. That truck our local department just purchased is only one of the many that are housed in our community. They cover a 92 square mile area!!!! The main firehouse is ~ 7 miles away from my house. There are no fire hydrants around here so they have to carry water in big tanker trucks & they also pump water from streams & ponds. That's why they needed that new pumper truck
        They are funded by local & county taxes & also by state & federal grants. Same goes with the ambulance company.
        Union Fire Company No. 1 - Oxford, Pennsylvania - Company 21

Det, geez, I am so glad you have your head on straight buddy. Life throws so many twists & turns at us we have to be prepared. I am proud of you & your handling of all this uncertainness. I hope everything settles down in the right place very soon

Pauly, I hope you are feeling a little more centered. What happened to you last week? Glad you are still with us.

Cyn, a fall on the ice could be the beginning of a very slippery slope for those of us with osteoporotic bones I am scared sh*tless to go there. Be careful out there, honestly. I send my dog out first to see how she does before I step out, haha! She's not nearly as old as I am.
        I am sure you have tons of stuff to do inside & stay safe. Glad to hear your IP has taken it's maiden journey. Keep playing with it, you'll find yourself getting pretty comfortable with it like I did.

PQ, I made a dairy free cheezy broccoli soup today that was pretty good. I cooked up a dozen eggs in the IP & made egg salad with 6 of them. We had egg salad sandwiches on toasted whole wheat bread I made yesterday - yum. I think I am eating my way thru this winter season LOL

Hello to SK, hope you are well & not having any of this crappy weather.

Sam, our fellow eat coaster - hope you had a good, mud-free day.

Pie, wherever you are, hello.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; February 13, 2019, 07:48 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello!

Cyn, no, you didn't confuse me, I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself, lol. I must have confused you with someone else. But, because of my confusion, you posted the temp of 30 deg., I thought you meant 30 deg. Celsius. Oh, well.

pauly, too bad about the chicken. The store bought ones are pretty good. Costco used to sell them for $5.00 including a loaf of bread. One time my friend and I bought one to have a picnic with and we had no cutlery and we did just fine.

Mick, I want lunch at a carverylease: What did you have? Did you have desert?

It's only 7:30, but I'm in my bed where I can put my back on the heating pad and someone is knocking on my door, not going to answer and will spend all night wondering who it was.

PPQ, CBC had an estimate of temps in 2080 and apparently Canada will be warming up. I won't be here to question or confirm it.

Det, I'm so glad you are doing Buddhist meditation because it centers you into a good place, well done.

Sam, how are u doing.

It was cold with a windchill factor today, only got to 50deg.

Lav, when we were in WA, my husband was asked if he would be Treasurer of the F.D. They bought a used one for about $90K it was yellow. A rumor started that the guy who drove the equipment would be getting a pick up truck with the F.D. insignia on it and had already given the ok to the car dealership to order it. Our phone would not stop ringing with all of the board calling as well as volunteers. Who said big boys get over trucks, My husband was very cool and quiet and at the next meeting the subject was raised and he just said we will pay a few grand for a better truck, but no to a new one. I really think men are born with a vroom, vroom gene. Our neighbour here years ago was a fan of Nascar and Formula 1 as was my husband and their greetings to each other were of a formula 1 revving out in 1st gear into 2nd.

Went today to get a mani/ped - $65.00 +tip and while you're sitting there they bring over a menu of services. Pfttt! I thought it was high but hair dressing, and beauty services are more and there are people with plenty of disposable income.

I woke up last night to a thud and the sound of breaking glass. I think it was Hermi, a broken coffee pot and a lamp were the victims. I got up and they were running away like naughty children hiding behind the couch. Funny/sweet.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL....SERENITY NOW!!! OMG it got close to the point where the yellow tape was going to have to go up around the building due to the death of the accountant! Myself and Childcare have been arguing with her for 3 weeks now about some changes she wants to make to one of our forms. I am on a deadline to get the next term online registration launched and this has been holding me up. Met with her this morning and said her last proposal won't work for several reasons so we're going to leave it as is. WTF...what a waste of my time. OK Vent over!

Mick...jealous of your fullbelly.com you just have to take advantage of these get together's and go all out. You still have time to get to your weight goal before heading off again don't you? Especially when the new neighbours own a gym. LOL What a small world. When are you scheduled to fly out again?

TG...you don't have a security camera out the back door do you? I would have loved to see you and the pooch dance skating. LOL Glad there was no injuries on any of those 6 legs. March 15! That'll be here before you know it. Hopefully the ice has thawed by then.

Pauly...you can type what you want to say but there's no guarantee we'll read it that way. LOL Sorry to hear the chicken wasn't a hit I agree with the store bought ones covered in fat/grease and flavor, sometimes we just need to be naughty. Sorry to hear about the slip, just because you don't have any snow doesn't mean it's not slippery out there. You are not a huge failure! Give your self doubt a shake and congratulate yourself for not turning it into a bender. That's progress! :hug:

Lav...now I want cheese/broccoli soup and egg salad sandwiches. I've just decided what I'm having for lunch tomorrow! LOL Eating your way through this winter sounds like a plan to me. Costa Rica sounds pretty nice right now! The weatherman predicts we'll warm up by July! At least we're not getting clobbered with snow.

Told the boss I was taking tomorrow afternoon off, just need a break. It's Teacher's Convention here the next 2 days so the kids are out of school and are here at the centre. I've got a wedding booked on Friday so need to be here for that and the boss is going to take Friday afternoon off to be with his son who's on the break. Then it's a long weekend as we celebrate Family Day on Monday with a day off.

Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

X-Post SK...bed and a heating pad sounds ace. I heard the same 2080 temp estimates, I won't be here to confirm or deny it either. LOL
            Last edited by porqoui; February 14, 2019, 12:23 AM.

Comment

morning all...hows we today then?all good I hope..its definitely getting lighter outside in the morning ...love it when it starts ..it will probably snow in July ..

ok letes have a brew ...

hiya teegee ..how are you then?take it you are busy cleaning etc ? thats some deadline for the house..does that mean the house is going on the market then?

hiya sk ...hows you ...? how is the ornament scene doing? any more busted by the cats?Went for a carvery yesterday ..not the usual place it was getting refurbed ..went the The Toby at Elk Mill Oldham..the food was good ,but the meat was cut that thin I could see the plate thru it ..Had turkey ,gammon mashed spuds ,roast spuds green beans cauli n cheese peas carrots stuffing ,yorkshire pudding and gravy ....oh and a diet coke..

hiya pauly...so the chicken was a failure?nbothing you can do ..like add water or something to it or gravy?thats a shame that is....nice pic of the lightning in the haircut ..you would struggle with mine ...

hiya Lav ...your post "I hope they have a last "Im pretty sure that should be blast!!! what made them come up with that one?I looked at that website of the fire union you put up ..its interesting on the mutual aid angle..doesthat apply to the cops as well? over here there are all sorts of cross border(county )things that have to be adhered to .
              In my dim and distant past this was my set up ...

imageproxy.jpg

I drove tanks to start with and moved on in later times to teach people how to load and drive the heavy goods carriers.I dont think somehow I would have lasted long as a driving instructor outside !
              bought another couple of locos for my railway last night on flea bay ..

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

itis all themed in general round the early 60s ..when the change over from steam to diesel took place

oh and by the way ..dont think you have got sole rights to nutty politicians ..

look at this quote!!

51794171_322861228353952_3044645532371779584_n.jpg

hiya ppqp ...well has the crimescene been avoided?good for you ..I love the "I told the boss" kinda negates the word boss really doesnt it ..yep Ive got time to lose that weight no probs ..if I cut my leg orf!nah I will be ok ..fly out 23rd March ...my friend yesterday ..decided last minute to go on jolliday ..flies to Jamaica next week!..have a great day.

big hiya to everyone else ...

A man goes to the doctor and tells him that he hasn̢۪t been feeling well.

The doctor examines him, leaves the room and comes back with three different bottles of pills.

The doctor says, "Take the green pill with a big glass of water when you get up. Take the blue pill with a big glass of water after lunch. Then just before going to bed, take the red pill with another big glass of water."

Startled to be put on so much medicine the man stammers, "Jeez doc, exactly what's my problem?"

Doctor says, "You're not drinking enough water."

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."

"Go away!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money!" and she proceeded to close the door.

Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed wide open. "Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration." And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet. "If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder."

The old lady stepped back and said, "Well I hope you've got a f*cking good appetite, because they cut off my electricity this morning."

An 80 year old couple were having problems remembering things, so they decided to go to their doctor to get checked out to make sure nothing was wrong with them.

When they arrived at the doctors, they explained to the doctor about the problems they were having with their memory.

After checking the couple out, the doctor told them that they were physically okay but might want to start writing things down and make notes to help them remember things.

The couple thanked the doctor and left. Later that night while watching TV, the man got up from his chair and his wife asked, "Where are you going?"

He replied, "To the kitchen."

She asked, "Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?"

He replied, "Sure."

She then asked him, "Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?"

He said, "No, I can remember that."

She then said, "Well I would also like some strawberries on top. You had better write that down because I know you'll forget that."

He said, "I can remember that, you want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries."

She replied, "Well I also would like whipped cream on top. I know you will forget that so you better write it down."

With irritation in his voice, he said, "I don't need to write that down! I can remember that." He then fumes into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes he returned from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs.

She stared at the plate for a moment and said angrily: "I TOLD you to write it down! You forgot my toast!"

A woman was having a daytime affair while her husband was at work.

One wet and lusty day she was in bed with her boyfriend when, to her horror, she heard her husband's car pull into the driveway. "Oh my God - Hurry! Grab your clothes and jump out the window. My husband's home early!"

"I can't jump out the window ~ It's raining out there!"

"If my husband catches us in here, he'll kill us both!" she replied. He's got a hot temper and a gun, so the rain is the least of your problems!"

So the boyfriend scoots out of bed, grabs his clothes and jumps out the window!

As he ran down the street in the pouring rain, he quickly discovered he had run right into the middle of the town's annual marathon, so he started running along beside the others, about 300 of them.

Being naked, with his clothes tucked under his arm, he tried to blend in as best he could.
              After a little while a small group of runners who had been watching him with some curiosity, jogged closer.

"Do you always run in the nude?" one asked.

"Oh yes!" he replied, gasping in air. "It feels so wonderfully free!"

Another runner moved along side. "Do you always run carrying your clothes with you under your arm?"

Oh , yes" our friend answered breathlessly. "That way I can get dressed right at the end of the run and get in my car to go home!

Then a third runner cast his eyes a little lower and queried, "Do you always wear a condom when you run? "

"Nope.........just when it's raining".

Here are some words of wisdom from Maharishi Fattibastard....

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just f--- off and leave me alone.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tyre.

The darkest hours come just before the dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbour's milk and newspaper, that's the time to do it.

Sex is like air. It only becomes really important when you aren't getting any.

Don't aspire to become irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Remember, no one is listening until you fart.

Never forget that you are unique, like everyone else.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

If you think nobody cares whether you're dead or alive, try missing a couple of mortgage payments

Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Have you ever lent someone $20 and never seen that person again? It was probably worth it.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.

Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry, and we get smacked on our arse. From there on in, life gets worse

The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.

Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.

A fifteen year old Amish boy and his father were in a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again. The boy asked, "What is this Father?" The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don"t know what it is." While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a fat old lady in a wheel chair moved up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened, and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed, and the boy and his father watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until it reached the last number, and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order. Finally the walls opened up again and a gorgeous 24-year-old blond stepped out. The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son... "Go get your Mother."
              Last edited by Mick; February 14, 2019, 02:46 PM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,what's gammon? Guess I could Google but I'd rather hear it from you haha PQ,thank you,hubs and I had a talk about all this and he said quit counting days cuz he thinks it's keeping me stuck,he also said I have made soooo much progress and to try and think of that,yep Albertsons has awesome rottiserie chicken, I'll still with those unless hubs is willing to use his smoker,Happy Valentines day to all and have a great BF Thursday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi pauly ..gammon is similar to bacon and ham ,it is cooked and sliced its luvverly

Comment

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. I bought Vivian chocolates and red (blood) oranges.

Lunch sounds pretty good, but I wouldn't care for thin meat. If I'm going to eat meat I like a prime rib or a T-bone. Veggies sound good. Mick, no diet coke, it's bad for you, although I bet you don't drink it a lot. It increases risk of heart attack, and since Trump drinks 10 a day I have my fingers crossed.

Pauly, I had to stop counting days because I kept relapsing. I stopped counting the days, and just became a non-drinker, hubs is right. Honestly, I can't tell you my sober date, just about 5 or 6 yrs, I was mentally prepared and I stopped and didn't like alcohol anymore, I have an awful history with al, including DWI's. You have made fantastic progress. A lot of this is your obsession with dates and you are stuck. I hereby declare you don't have to count anymore.

Cyn, I was holding my breath regarding your dance on the ice. It may have meant something broken for me.

PPQ, that was a waste of time. I'm making poached eggs for brunch. It will be 74 deg. today and then temps will drop again.

I have to scoot.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...crime scene tape averted. You're right it does negate the word boss, I like that. Must be nice to just decide to take a joliday and head to Jamaica. In my dreams. Nice locos, going to wire them up? I thought the trip was in March, you got lots of time to make room for more food.

Pauly...hubs sounds like a very smart man. I concur with SK and declare you don't have to count anymore too. Happy V day to you as well.

SK..."It increases risk of heart attack, and since Trump drinks 10 a day I have my fingers crossed." :haha: Poached eggs sound good but I think I'm going with egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Happy V day to you as well.

I picked the right afternoon to take off....it's 16F and sunny outside. Going to top up the windshield washer fluid, and air in the tire that haunts me and get ready for the snow storm rolling in tonight! Will check in again later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings & Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Above freezing & partly sunny ~ not bad today

Mick, I can just imagine my son jumping into that tank & having a grand time, haha! He told me a long time ago he 'likes driving big trucks'. I guess he wasn't kidding. The police depts. work a little differently than the fire depts. Where I live there is no local police, we have to depend on the State Troopers. Police from neighboring towns may show up to assist or may not.
                        I think the trip to Costa Rica is fulfilling a bunch of different things. It's a delayed anniversary trip for the adults, it's more of a jungle adventure than a beach adventure because my SIL doesn't care for the beach. And it's a big deal for the granddaughter to go some place were you can actually see a sloth, haha!!
                        I'm getting messages & pictures, they are having a great time.
                        The new trains look nice, ebay comes thru again for you!

SK, I have lived this fire dept. stuff all my life, ugh. YB is still involved with our old hometown dept. He's on the Relief board & they handle huge amounts of money & make good investments. 42 years ago, just a few months after our daughter was born he went on a fire call - a house fire & he fell thru the roof. He didn't get hurt but I almost killed him when he told me about it. I insisted he find another job within the dept or quit!!!! He got away from the firefighting & got on the board of directors, eventually became president & did that for many years. When I think about my son doing all this I just want to cry, honestly.
                        Your cats sound as crazy as the one we have here. She tears up & down the hallway, bouncing off the walls all night long, LOL
                        I hope your back eases up. Remember, moist heat is preferred to dry heat for long term use.

PQ, I would gladly bail you out of jail if the need ever arises, haha!!!
                        Sorry the accountant is such a PIA
                        I hope you enjoyed your balmy afternoon, such as it was
                        That soup was totally vegan, I really enjoyed it last night. The chickens are getting busy laying eggs - they think winter is over, haha!!!

Pauly, if counting AF days bothers you then don't count them.
                        Are you sure that was the reason for your slip? I'm more concerned about you covering your triggers - we all have to be careful about that, for sure.

Hello to Cyn, PIe & Det & Sam.

Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Well, we (dog and I )risked another fall to get in the car and out into the sun... we made it... I was starting to get a little crazed, 48 hours without leaving the house. Fortunately I had purchased good food on Tuesday morning just as the snow was falling, so I ate just fine - Lav, 4 nice IP dishes so far. Getting the hang of it.

Mick, the jokes are so funny... I rarely remember one by the time I get to the end, but today I memorized 'you forgot my toast!' And 'get your mother...' maybe I'm making progress. Our volunteer fire department raises funds with Pancake Breakfasts one a quarter. Once I was in the middle of getting bacon served to me when the alarm went off, all the people on the kitchen ripped off their aprons and mustered to their stations and away they went. Very impressive. (And I con't like eating food on styrofoam plates, so that was no loss... lol).

Pauly, ditto other comments...You sound good, and like you have a great supportive partner. Love all,your pics...

PPQ, glad you got that bit of business out of the way - hope you were able to stock up before this next storm!

SK, love the chocolate and blood oranges, how inventive...

Hello to Det, Sam and Pie... wishing all a good Day tomorrow...

Comment

X-post, Lav! Sorry you have the burden of worrying about your son -- I know he puts in very long hours and is in danger often... big hugs...

Costa Rica! Everyone I know who has gone there has had an amazing time. Sloths? I think I mentioned before about a ?(pBS) series about saving baby animals, and one woman - in Costa Rica - takes care of orphaned sloths. SO SWEET! They literally cling to her... bunches at a time... wild...

Comment

Happy Valentines Day ABeroooooos!

xoxoxoxo all around.

PPQ, oh my such an ordeal. I've been very challenged by stressful crap lately too. this too shall pass.

Pauly, I'm sure you can get that chicken recipe dialed-in with some experimentation. My oven roasted chicken is
                              a slam-dunker and easy FYI.

Lav, Costa Rica sounds marvy and i'm sure they will enjoy the jungles as they are amazing from what I've heard.
                              A buddy of mine went down there and had some very unusually bad luck. he managed to roll his rental jeep off a cliff
                              (was drinking) and it caught on fire just like in the movies and burned up all his stuff including his passport... not handy!
                              he had to hike miles out all dehydrated.

Mick, never heard of gammon. I'd give it a go for sure

well, to add more drama to my life my phone completely died today so I spent a few hours buying and setting up a new one. it's never
                              as easy as i hope but it's about setup now.

Had a positive interview with the new outfit today and am doing my applications/licensing stuff online tomorrow. Never applied for a 'resident funeral agent' license
                              before. how novel...

SK, sounds like you're getting along well. yes I'm really enjoying the Buddhist and Taoist path and it's helping me so much during trying times.

Pauly, the group I'm with doesn't count or celebrate sobriety days at all. it's part of the Eastern philosophy perspective on recovery as
                              'unattached appreciation'. which is a hard one for many Western minds but I'm sure folks here can relate.

spoke with my mom a bit this eve. she sounds a bit loopy/drinking but still nice to chat and she seems mostly ok.

Treegirl, Sam, whats the latest?

off to space out a bit. see if there's a new episode of star trek discovery out.

be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

ah Tree there you are!
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X