14 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14 Mar

And good afternoon everyone hope we are all well? I'm just finished now since early o clock this morning.. but I've managed to get a load of jobs done never mind brownie points I think I'll be getting a saint hood. A Funny Thing Happened this morning very early about 2 a.m. i. heard a noise downstairs outside on the drive immediately thought somebody was trying to break into the van so I shot downstairs and through the glass panel at the bottom door I saw a light. bearing in mind that this moment all I'm wearing is the underpants from my Superman outfit haha I got to the door. At our front door on the side wall there is a cabinet in which there is a display of stoneware early ginger beer bottles. I grabbed one of the bottles unlock the door and for some reason stopped look down at the doorstep two bottles of milk a loaf bread and eggs, it was the milkman ...about 2 months ago they came round the doors canvassing to get work for the local farmers support them and also get rid of the plastic bottles etc Julie signed up to.. I remember her doing so but forgot about the first delivery which was early this morning so there's me like an idiot in underpants with bottle in hand and a cheery smile to the milkman. How to be a muppet in one easy lesson!
    Couldn't quite reach the top of the stairs to touch up ceiling so I came up with this invention

20210318_101509.jpg

Hiya Sam that joke just about sums it up how you doing my friend hope everything is ok with you

Hiya Pauly.. great to hear from you hope ...everything is well I'm sure I have already found a solution. two trees that she had a crack at earlier on I cut two plastic lemonade bottles wrapped themaround the tree to protect the body she has been nowhere near it so that may be the answer. you look after yourself and yours hope everything is going good

wow arent you spoiled Lav...no meal or getting dolled up ....truck ride for cowshit ....sounds like my kind of stunt .all that rubbish about the astra zeneca vaccine...tonight the world health organisation,the european one and the uk one have all agreed that there is no link between the blood clots and the drug

AstraZeneca: UK and EU clot reviews confirm safety of vaccine - BBC News

how many vaccines were wasted through this ..politically immoral .

hiya ppqp ...hows you then ?ok ..childcare stuff going ok?hows the weather doing?have you got the pennsylvanian sunshine too?hee hee ,,,,

teegee how are you ?are youcoping ok?I hope so ...take care

right folks take care ....

162196099_10225190370255497_2447301265434377449_n.jpg

The English hobo had been hopping on trains for three days.

Arrived at this quaint village and decided to stop for a bite.

Stopped in front of "GEORGE AND THE DRAGON", a pub that had just closed for the afternoon.

He knocked at the door and a barmaid opened.

"Luv, I've been on the road, have no money and haven't eaten for three days. Could you spare...."

"You useless bum!! GET LOST" and slammed the door in the hobo's face.

Undaunted, he knocks again and before the barmaid could say anything..

"I'd like a word with George, please".

Ten Thoughts to Ponder
    Number 10
    Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny.
    If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich .

Number 7
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day,
    teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 6
    Some people are like a Slinky ...
    Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Number 5
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals, dying of nothing.

Number 4
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather.
    It pays no attention to Criticism.

Number 3
    Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200.00,
    and a substantial tax cut saves you $30.00?

Number 2
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is Weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

And The Number 1 Thought For 2010
    "Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers; What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

...a note of caution. 'You don't want to try these techniques at home'.

'Why not' asked someone from the back of the audience? 'I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years', the expert explained.

'She made lots of trips to the refrigerator, stove, table and cabinets, often carrying just a single item at a time. 'Hon,' I suggested, 'Why don't you try carrying several things at once'?'

The voice from the back asked, 'Did it save time'?

The expert replied, 'Actually, yes. It used to take her 20 minutes to get breakfast ready. Now I do it in seven.

Usa States and Their Mottos

Alabama: Yes, We Have Electricity

Alaska: Jeez, it’s cold.

Arizona: But It’s A Dry Heat

Arkansas: Literacy Ain’t Everything

California: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda

Colorado: If You Don’t Ski, Don’t Bother

Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, Only The Kennedy's Don’t Own It Yet

Delaware: We Really Do Like The Chemicals In Our Water

Florida: Ask Us About Our Grandkids

Georgia: We Put The “Fun” In Fundamentalist Extremism

Hawaii: Haka Tiki Mou Sha’ami Leeki Toru (Death To Mainland Scum, But Leave Your Money)

Idaho: More Than Just Potatoes. Well Okay, Not Really, But The Potatoes Sure Are Real Good

Illinois: Please Don’t Pronounce the “S”

Indiana: 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free

Iowa: We Do Amazing Things With Corn

Kansas: First Of The Rectangle States

Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names

Louisiana: We’re Not ALL Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That’s Our Tourism Campaign

Maine: We’re Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster

Maryland: If You Can Dream It, We Can Tax It

Massachusetts: Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden’s (For Most Tax Brackets)

Michigan: First Line Of Defense From The Canadians

Minnesota: 10,000 Lakes And 10,000,000,000,000 Mosquitoes

Mississippi: Come And Feel Better About Your Own State

Missouri: Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars At Work

Montana: Land Of The Big Sky, The Unabomber, Right-Wing Crazies, And Very Little Else

Nebraska: Ask About Our State Motto Contest

Nevada: Whores and Poker!

New Hampshire: Go Away And Leave Us Alone

New Jersey: You Want A ##$%##! Motto? I Got Yer ##$%##! Motto Right Here!

New Mexico: Lizards Make Excellent Pets

New York: You Have The Right To Remain Silent, You Have The Right To An Attorney

North Carolina: Tobacco Is A Vegetable

North Dakota: We Really Are One Of The 50 States!

Ohio: Where one of your dad’s friends lives

Oklahoma: Like The Play, Only No Singing

Oregon: Spotted Owl – It’s What’s For Dinner

Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal

Rhode Island: We’re Not REALLY An Island

South Carolina: Remember The Civil War? We Didn’t Actually Surrender

South Dakota: Closer Than North Dakota

Tennessee: The Educashun State

Texas: Si’ Hablo Ing’les (Yes, I Speak English)

Utah: Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus

Vermont: Yep

Virginia: Who Says Government Stiffs And Slackjaw Yokels Don’t Mix?

Washington: Help! We’re Overrun By Nerds And Slackers!

Washington, D.C.: Wanna Be Mayor?

West Virginia: One Big Happy Family – Really!

Wisconsin: Come Cut The Cheese

Wisconsin: Come Smell our Dairy Air

Wyoming: Where Men Are Men (And The Sheep Are Scared)
    Last edited by Mick; March 18, 2021, 02:47 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Heya ABeroooos!

Mick, cripes what an amusing story you stylish guy you!

been rather busy with health issues here. had to pop into the ER a couple days ago with chronic asthma and now I'm all dosed-up on steroids and using nebulizer etc..
      good grief. finally did get to sleep the night last night though...thank goodness. So good to be over the scary part of that...hope it stays that way.

Great to see you one and all, sorry to be brief. small biz guy is trying to figure out his taxes ....agh!

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We’ve gotten lots of rain today as promised.
        I’ve done almost nothing but eat all day. WTH???? I never do that, haha! Must be a sign I am finally losing my mind after a year of weirdness or something.

Sam, good joke & good to see you too

Pauly, we actually both got calls back from the state rep’s office today!
        We filled them in on the enormous amount of time spent online since January trying to schedule appointments, sitting up until midnight or after when the vaccine sites supposedly open new appointments, etc. They said they will try to help ~ we’ll see. Your husband’s desire to open his own business is scary but if he has contacts, a truck & enough tools maybe he can make it work.

Mick, I think after all this time you really owe us a picture of you in your Superman undies, LOL. That will teach you to grab a pair of pants before you go outside investigating, haha.
        Yep, there’s nothing like a ride in a truck that is filled with cow manure - most people will never know!!!!

Det, do you think your move to the new location had anything to do with your asthma attack? Just wondering because many years ago when my brother moved to Idaho I took my daughter to go visit him & we both ended up in his. Doctor’s office having horrible allergy symptoms from something growing out there that we had never encountered before.
        Hope you’re better soon & good luck with the taxes.

PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just popping in to stay accountable. I ended up going into work to deal with a printing issue and ended up being there all day!
          Getting ready for my virtual community garden AGM tonight and I'm way behind.
          Sounds like everyone is doing ok, well except maybe Det but it sounds like you're on the mending path.
          Will check in tomorrow as I plan on taking the day off.
          Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - great to read how all are doing.
            Mick, the Undies story is priceless... and I love the idea of cold milk in bottles, yum. Nice fix on the trees, hope it works out, that nutty Bonnie...

Lav, uuugh, that was a long cold rain today. You poor thing with that manure, sheesh, that is unpleasant. Yes, the cardinals here have been my buddies all winter, my cheerleaders... love them. I hear you in the vaccine... it's unimaginable that it could be this hard... same here in CT. Stay strong!

Pauly, PPQ, so good to hear from you both - good luck with all -

Det, sorry about the asthma attack, scary... hope you are on the mend.

Sam, very nice addition in the jokes column. Hope mud season is treating you well...

Keeping on keeping on here. Bought the next car, but have some wrinkles to be figured out between MA seller and a CT buyer. Hopefully this chapter will be done by next week, after I move. Then waiting for the court docs so that I can sell the one I'm driving. The work challenges out west are picking up, darn. Life is interesting. Stay well all... wishing you vaccinations... big hugs..,
            Last edited by treegirl; March 18, 2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? hope all is well with everyone ...no sun today overcast and a bit of drizzle ...working on the railway this morning ...took a while rewiring the buildings but done a lot of it .nearly the wekend ...anyon doinganything ? Im treating myself to a new sander ..

hiya teegee ...hows you then? what kindof car did you get?it will be over soon ....a step in time ..yuo are taking more steps all the while...Yes me versus the rabbit intellectually...hmm is she clever or me dim...take care have a nice weekend ...

hiya ppqp how are you then? sounds like you are busy...my friend sent me a pic of himself on Paddys day in the silver buckle in Medicine Hat...somewhat unsober ...take care and have a good weekend

hiya Det how are you mate ? whatcha up to then my friend.you take good care .

hiya Pauly you well? hope so anything doing for the weekend?

hiya Lav ..hows you then? hope you are well.hopefully soon you will get the nod for a vaccine ..rain ? nay...never!!so who has got the sun then its not me nor you....a weekend of shovelling manyour ..go for it

meanwhile have a great weekend
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...glad to hear you're keeping on. You've definitely got a lot on your plate these days but you sound good. Keep it up.

Mick...sorry, I think I have all your sun. Paddy's day and spring break next week could really screw up our current covid recovery. Although hospital numbers are down the variant cases are up. I'm still keeping to myself and out of trouble.

So much for taking today off. Had people trying to get in the garden today, OMG it's MARCH! The ground is still frozen and we could have a major snow storm before the end of May! Was smart enough to delegate someone to post some signage at the garden telling everyone to F-off! Then a call from the program coord who obviously has not read any of the emails I've sent to her. Felt like telling her to F-off as well, but didn't. So I am definitely not working this weekend! Not even opening my office email.

Shout out to Lav, Det, Sam, Pi and Pauly hope you all had a good day. Will check in with you all tomorrow...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Spring eve Abbers,

Yes, tomorrow when we wake up it will be Spring. So no more cold weather & snow, haha!! At least I hope not.
                  So I have just proven the squeaky wheel gets the grease theorem - the state representative I contacted has come thru with vaccine appointments for both of us on Monday!! Can’t believe it really. His usual focus of business around here is dealing with farm issues but the woman in his office understood my complaint & got it done. It shouldn’t have to be so hard, honestly.

Cyn, great news on the new car. Lots of folks around here go thru the state to state issues too since we’re so close to DE & MD, many folks do their vehicle shopping there.
                  O-I sure hope everything falls into place for you very soon. Know that we are thinking of you :hug:

PQ, wannabe farmers driving you up the wall? Haha! I hope they all can read the signs.
                  Make it a work free weekend, you need a break from all that.

Mick, the sun did make an appearance this afternoon which was nice after all the rain yesterday. It’s still chilly but not raining.
                  Hope everything is running OK in train world

Hello to Pauly & Det. Hope you’re feeling better Det.

Time togo close up the chickens for the night.
                  Have a good one everybody.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Wishing you all a good spring equinox! Just spending the evening trying to quiet my overactive, overworked brain, lol. Back at it early tomorrow...

Take care all - wishing you sun inside and out...

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav yay you got your appointment! Cyn, great on the car, I need to get a new one but I'm soooooo attached to my trusty old steed need to get something where the A/C works for when I deliver groceries this summer, Det feel better, it could be something up there but I had NO allergies when I lived in Utah, only Vegas gave me something to sneeze at haha! Mick, glad you figured out a tree plan I knew you would, PQ, think people are just excited to get their gardening going, waves to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon everybody how are we today then? Hope everyone is well. Julie has decided she is sanding down the side of the stairs so I've decided to vacate the premises for an hour or so. In the meantime I've found some things to wrap around the tree that should stop the rabbits it's eating them to bits. So with that in mind we can go back to the original plan on very overcast day here today considering it is supposed to be the first day of spring it's a pretty weak spring! That's brilliant news that you got your appointment for the vaccination lav sometimes all it takes is a few gentle reminders to people other times a tad more persuasion is called for!
                        And good day to you tree girl hope you are well well. I've seen your posts on Facebook in respect of packing things up etc you take care of yourself stay positive va big hugs to you
                        A big hello to everyone else. I am currently doing this on my phone in a car park halfway up a Hill in the Fog so take care have a great weekend everyone stay safe and sober

Comment

Spring greetings everyone

Sunny & fairly mild today, just like spring is supposed to be, haha!
                          Did a little putzing around outside, lots of garden beds to clean up. I am so grateful to finally have a vaccine appointment. Maybe I can see my family a little more, it’s been real hit or miss with them.
                          The kids have changed so much I feel like I hardly know them anymore.

Cyn, Hope your day was as nice out as mine was & you had a chance to get out & enjoy it too

Pauly, I would think AC in Vegas is kind of mandatory!! I couldn’t cope without it I’m sure!!!

Mick, now Julie is scraping woodwork too? You must motivate everyone, Lol
                          Yeah, I think my powers of persuasion panned out this week. Always remember to be ‘kind’ when you’re begging for assistance, haha!

Hello to Det, PQ, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK

Have a nice night all.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Quick hello before I fall into bed. Mick, there seems to be no end of work at your house! Oh, wait, maybe I forgot what it's like to be a home-owner. Good luck on all.

Lav, I did get out and enjoy this beautiful day. Started with seeing a woodchuck at the far end of the yard early this morning -,he looked very happy munching away. The birds were in ecstasy, singing with wild abandon. I did a ton of work.

I was about to walk down into town when I finally bothered to look at my voicemail, and there (left on Thursday) was a message from the Town Hall saying I had a vaccine appointment for next Thursday!!! And the order would be taped to the back door of the Town Hall! I hopped in the car and got myself over there, and sure enough, my envelope was taped there along with about 30 others! Last week a friend told me that that our State Representative remembered me from my political work awhile ago... I was given her sec's number and had a chat with her, left my name and vitals. She said given my timeline she thought it was unlikely but would try... and... amazing! I never thought I would hear...

So a spring miracle, definitely.

Pauly, love the pic of Kell, so cute (and her comment!) yes, you definitely need a car with good AC! I feel very lucky to have found such a good used car that is perfect for me... take care...

PPQP, I hope you did not have to fend off eager gardeners with a pitchfork! Hoping you had a good Saturday.

Det, hoping you feel better now with the asthma stuff.

Hello to all dropping by... stay well...

Comment

Working...
                            X