2 may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 may

morning all ...how are we then ?hope all is well. Woke up this morning to really crazy weather ....solid ice ...with snow.dont know how my plants will fare ...I put about40 in yesterday.so need to see what happens.definitely mad weather .Ive got to goand get a bale of hay for the rabbits to eat ..as if they dont eat everything there is anyway.

hiya teegee how are you?that sounds like some drive you had.you say today is a shorter one?best of luck and hope you get there without any drama.

hiya Lav..hows you then? all ok ..so you met up and had a jabbed up jamboree did you?Seems like your vaccination is catching up ..We have been told everyone over 50 will be getting a vaccine booster jab before winter ..Ill have an arm like a second hand dartboard ..Ifheaven is lush grass ...then hell is a pair of blunt nail scissors to cut it ..hope you have a great day .

wow ppqp ...how are you today? guess something didint impress you ..I see they have agreed in canadia to give the pfizer jab to kids over 12.did you enjoy your walk?clears the mind ...(they say!) take care

a big hello to everyone else......
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...hope you had better weather today, we did. Coolish this morning but the sun is out and we're at 70F. I've been marinating pork chops and going to test out the BBQ tonight. I managed a hair cut before the 3 week shutdown for salons on Sunday. YAY

TG...OMG, I could just feel the tension in my shoulders reading your post. I've found myself hiding behind trucks on the road as well. Glad you made it safe and sound. I've been to Lake Tahoe, great place.

Mick...OMG, you too! Solid ice & snow! They're forecasting snow for Sunday but that's pretty typical for us. Sure hope the plants survived. Sorry about the vent yesterday, got an email from the program coordinator and instead of replying to her I vented to you guys. I did feel better about getting that out and grateful I didn't reply to her. LOL It's been a somewhat quiet day here and have all my articles lined up for the publisher tomorrow so things are looking good.

Shout out to the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Sunny & 60 degrees here, no rain yay!!
        I was able to make an appointment to go in tomorrow & talk to my Nurse Practitioner. Since my 2nd vaccine (2 weeks, 3 days ago) IÂ’ve been dealing with some scaryhigh B/P readings & a nagging headache. IÂ’ve run out of patience so IÂ’ll see if I can get her to change up my meds or something.

PQ, IÂ’m glad to see today is going better for you. Does your program coordinator need her tires flattened or what? Haha!!
        Looks like you had warmer weather today than I did, good for you. So glad you got the hair cut in time too.

Cyn, what a scary ride for you, wow!! I often hopped on the highway behind the big plow trucks to get to work during snowstorms. Somehow it just feels safer.
        IÂ’m glad you have a travel buddy for such a long day of driving :hug:

Mick, I hope all your baby plants are OK. Frost should be banned once itÂ’s May.
        Make sure you pick up their favorite treats when you get the hay. I just read that my county is now the most vaccinated county in our state - 2 out 3 people are done.
        IÂ’m fully expecting to have to get booster shots, possibly along with the fall flu vaccines, weÂ’ll see.

Hello to Det, Pauly & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,sounds like everyone is doing good Cynthia I hate driving on the freeway! I take city streets anytime I can even tho it takes me longer to get where I need to go,I'm just not aggressive enough to merge but you have no choice when traveling cross country,be safe! Mick,I cringed when you told the story about the bIke yikes,hope the wife isn't too mad,waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fyday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we ..justgot back from Julies dads house issues to sort out with a company who are nothing but assholes full of empty promises ..left him with no heating despite being told thathe was vulnerable in every sense of the word ..48 hours now ..yes twice they said they would have someone out ..in the end I got a friend out to fix it this morning..thru their completely shit attitude they have lost themselves £800 a year in maintenance contracts and anyone else I can persuade to take their business elsewhere I will.Jeeves has gone into his im not eating mode again so I need to watch him.

hiya pauly ..nice to see you..hope all is well .yep interesting about the bike ..Ive spoken to the guy and he says its ok ...huh?you take care

hiya ppqp ...hows you then?so we got the sweary words instead of the co-ord?no problem with that ...have you got all your things to go today? best of luck .have a great weekend .

hiya Lav ...hows you then?did you see the nurse? hows the headaches and bp doing? did they give you any clues as to why?plant have done ok ..I think what saved them was the fact it was snow as opposed to frost .Hope you feel better and have a niceweekend

teegee ..how are you ?have you reached destination?hope so ...take some time to yourself

big shout to all....

The famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced Pee-Ka-Boo) is not just an athlete.

She is also a senior nurse currently working at an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a large metropolitan hospital.

As from today she is no longer allowed to answer the hospital ICU telephone.

Apparently it caused too much confusion when she would answer the phone and say, "Picabo, I.C.U".

A juggler, driving to his next performance, is stopped by the police.

"What are those knives doing in your car", the officer asked?

"I use them in my juggling act", says the juggler.

"Oh yeah"? Let's see you do it", says the policeman.

So the man starts tossing and juggling the knives.

A guy driving by sees this and says, "Wow, am I glad I stopped drinking. Look at the test they're making you do now"!

After nearly a week of rain days and miserable weather a woman yells upstairs to her husband, "quick, come down and see this, the sun has just come out".

Her husband quickly threw on his shorts and sandals and went out to the backyard to see his seventeen year old son holding hands with his best buddy...

A champion jockey is about to enter an important race on a new horse. The horse's trainer meets him before the race and says, "All you have to remember with this horse is that every time you approach a jump, you have to shout, "ALLLLEEE OOOP"! really loudly in the horse's ear. Providing you do that, you'll be fine".

The jockey thinks the trainer is mad but promises to shout the command. The race begins and they approach the first hurdle. The jockey ignores the trainer's ridiculous advice and the horse crashes straight through the center of the jump.

They carry on and approach the second hurdle. The jockey, somewhat embarrassed, whispers "Aleeee ooop" in the horse's ear. The same thing happens - the horse crashes straight through the center of the jump.

At the third hurdle, the jockey thinks, "It's no good, I'll have to do it" and yells, "ALLLEEE OOOP"! really loudly. Sure enough, the horse sails over the jump with no problems. This continues for the rest of the race, but due to the earlier problems the horse only finishes third.

The trainer is fuming and asks the jockey what went wrong. The jockey replies, "Nothing is wrong with me -- it's this bloody horse. What is he -- deaf or something"?

The trainer replies, "Deaf?? DEAF?? He's not deaf... he's BLIND"!

A stranger walks into a Ma & Pa store and spots a sign: "Danger! Beware of the Dog"!

Just as he got inside, he sees a harmless old hound, fast asleep in the middle of the floor.

"Is that the dog we're supposed to beware of" he asks the owner?

"That's him", the owner replied.

"He doesn't look dangerous to me. Why would you post that sign"?

"Before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him".

Holiday Brochure Translation
            Brochure circulated by a 5-Star Chinese Hotel

Getting There:
            Our representative will make you wait at the airport. The bus to the hotel runs along the lake shore. Soon you will feel pleasure in passing water. You will know that you are getting near the hotel, because you will go round the bend. The manager will await you in the entrance hall. He always tries to have intercourse with all new guests.

The hotel:
            This is a family hotel, so children are very welcome. We of course are always pleased to accept adultery. Highly skilled nurses are available in the evenings to put down your children. Guests are invited to conjugate in the bar and expose themselves to others. But please note that ladies are not allowed to have babies in the bar. We organize social games, so no guest is ever left alone to play with them self.

The Restaurant:
            Our menus have been carefully chosen to be ordinary and unexciting. At dinner, our quartet will circulate from table to table, and fiddle with you.

Your Room:
            Every room has excellent facilities for your private parts. In winter, every room is on heat. Each room has a balcony offering views of outstanding obscenity. You will not be disturbed by traffic noise, since the road between the hotel and the lake is used only by pederasts.

Bed
            Your bed has been made in accordance with local tradition. If you have any other ideas please ring for the chambermaid. Please take advantage of her. She will be very pleased to squash your shirts, blouses and underwear. If asked, she will also squeeze your trousers.

Above all:
            When you leave us at the end of your holiday, you will have no hope. You will struggle to forget it."
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...don't give me any ideas. LOL Things are coming together as far work is concerned and the rest of it I just ignore. Got better things to fill up my mind with. LOL How did it go with your LNP? Hope you got things figured out. They're forecasting snow for tomorrow morning, I'll let you know if they're right.

Pauly...waves back at ya.

Mick...what a pain in the a$$ with those contractors. Glad you were able to deal with it and I hope you can persuade many more businesses to drop them. Hope Jeeves is ok, any chance you've kept a log of when this happens? Maybe his jealous Bonnie got to the new grass before him. Even with the added restrictions it turned out to be a busy day for me. Accomplished a lot so am feeling good about things.

Taking the weekend off and going to kick back and relax. Hope everyone has a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Rain just starting here & it’s quite a bit chillier. I knew that summer, muggy heat was a mistake, haha.
                Yes, I saw my NP this morning & convinced her to let me try doubling the dose of my B/P med. It just doesn’t make sense to expect the same dose that worked for you 17 years ago to still work now. We’re not getting any younger & neither are our arteries. I’ll be having a ton of bloodwork done on the 17th including a Lyme titer. Surprising she told me a lot of people are testing + for Lyme & their only complaint is a chronic headache, uh oh!!! So, just to be safe we’ll see what comes of that. I’ve been avoiding caffeine for a few days hoping it would help with the B/P but it hasn’t. I’m having some half caffeinated coffee now & it’s easing the headache a little ~ go figure. Decades ago we gave patients APCs for headache - aspirin, phenacetin & caffeine & they worked wonders but eventually went out of fashion. Hmmm.

Pauly, good to see you stop by!

PQ, I’m not usually a vindictive person BUT sometimes people do ask for trouble, if you know what I mean, haha! I hope you fully enjoy your weekend off & I hope it’s snowless

Mick, your bunnies certainly keep you on your toes. Maybe you should hire a private nurse for them so you can take a breather.
                That’s sad that your FIL had to go 2 days without heat. Spread the word about those goof off contractors so no one else gets screwed like that.
                I’m hoping to improve my B/P & regain some energy with the med change. I have been seriously dragging my a$$ for the past few weeks, frustrating to say the least.

Hello to busy Det, hope all is well.

Cyn, hope you have reached Tahoe by now!

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; May 7, 2021, 05:30 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - reached my destination safe and sound... and tired. The place where I am has no internet at the moment (fixing that asap), so couldn't communicate. It's 7AM and I'm at my favorite laundromat doing the launders, have a Peet's coffee, and great internet...

Yesterday from9 AM to 12 was a Zoom Seminar/workshop on Trust with the Board and Staff of the organization I've come out to work for... sheesh, after driving across the country that was a little cruel, but worthwhile I guess, and I lived...

Lav, my pulse rate has been elevated since I had my mild case of C last spring... I noticed that it jumped again after the Moderna dose.... I'm so sorry you have to deal with this - almost like they have you a mild case of Covid. The good news about Lyme is that they are finding that the monoclonal anitbody treatments are working to give people,some real relief -some after decades of suffering... Wishing you well - we need a healthy Lav!!!

PPQ, glad to hear you have a bit of warmth and will be taking the weekend off... enjoy!

Pauly, good to see you - yeah, I am glad to have that drive over with.

Mick, sending healthy vibes for the bunnies... and hope your hand and leg are healing... and that the plants didn't freeze!

Greeting to Det and Sam and all else...

Clean laundry will give me a sense of control and accomplishment... then need to get things sorted at my place... what a relief not to be moving anytime soon...

Wishing all safe and well...

Comment

hi all how are we today then? hope everyone is well..today has been abit of a "to do"Jeeves ...no better ,not eating stomach not moving ,phoned the vet ,but no one there ...emergency vet only ..who will ring back ..in the mean time I have medded him up ..given him critical care food and syringed water into him.Massaged his belly ..now I can hear it moving and he has eaten a dandelion ...so the vet phoned Ive got to phone back at 5 ..to see if they are going to take him in ...but to be fair they will do more than I have ...and to balance that against the car journey which will stress him out .we shall see.

hiya Lav ...how are you feeling today?hope you are well ..it will take time to let the meds kick in. do you not think that some of it is due to the change in lifestyle forced upon us .?Ive told another couple of people about British Gas..so what they do is up to them ..Did I every tell you that thy have chickens in my old nick?they were ex battery hens a real mess ..so the nick adopted them and apparently they are doing brilliantly......anyway you take care and have a good weekend .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then ?hope all is good ..not sure what made him poorly ,but it certainly whacked him...so you are having a doss weekend ?Im on my last book in the series of 24..so need to find a similar author .you take care and relax .

hiya teegee ..how are you? catching up on sleep?take care

Pauly det pie and sam ...take care yall...

My girlfriend asked me if I would help her give her hair a hot oil treatment.

So I poured the deep fryer over her head.

I Walked Past a Mental Hospital Today...

...all the patients were shouting '13! 13! 13!'

The fence was too high to see over, but i saw a little gap in the planks and peeked through to see what was going on.

Some fucker poked me in the eye with a stick.

Then they all started shouting '14! 14! 14!'

An Irishman goes into the confessional box after years of being away from the Church. There's a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap. On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then the priest comes in. "Father, forgive me, for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be".

The priest replies: "Get out. You're on my side".

It was a bitterly cold day on the Carnoustie golf course and Jimmy the caddy was expecting a large tip from his rich Scottish client. As they approached the clubhouse, Jimmy heard the words he was longing to hear, 'This is for a hot glass of whisky'.

So the caddy held out his hand and the Scottish client put a sugar cube in his palm.

The farmer and his wife had worked hard, scrimped and saved to send their son to college.

As soon as he had enrolled, he started to grow a beard.

Next he grew a large moustache and sideburns.

Being pleased with his new facial adornment, he had his picture taken and sent it off to his parents.

On the back of the photo he scrawled "How do you like it? Don't I look like a count?"

Shortly after, the son received this terse note: "You idiot, it cost us a fortune to send you to college, and you can't even spell!"

Caution: This is not for the clumsy.....

Are you interested in making $$$$ fast?

Here's an incredibly simple way to do it, and there is nothing to buy, no investment to make, no money to lose!

Try it now!

Follow this simple procedure:

1) Hold down the shift key.

2) Hit the 4 key four times fast.

Two guys sat down for lunch in the office cafeteria. "Hey, whatever happened to Pete in payroll?" one asked.

"He got this harebrained notion he was going to build a new kind of car." his co-worker replied.

"How was he going to do it?"

"He took an engine from a Pontiac, tires from a Chevy, seats from a Lincoln, hubcaps from a Caddy and, well, you get the idea."

"So what did he end up with?"

"Ten years in prison."

-- A famous Viking explorer returned home from a voyage and found his name missing from the town register. His wife insisted on complaining to the local civic official who apologized profusely saying, "I must have taken Leif off my census."

-- Evidence has been found that William Tell and his family were avid bowlers. Unfortunately, all the Swiss league records were destroyed in a fire, ...and so we'll never know for whom the Tells bowled.

Comment

Good evening friends from teh land of crazy weather!

So far today we’ve had sun, clouds, rain then sun again followed by a hail storm, LOL
                      Now at 6:30 this evening the sun is out & it’s in the low 50’s.
                      Didn’t sleep much last night so my a$$ is dragging still. I did have a much improved B/P this morning & less headache so we’ll see what happens.
                      I had to do something with a cup of sourdough starter discard (hate throwing it out) so I created a big sheet pan size pizza crust, topped it with good marinara & dairy free cheeze shreds, fresh basil & a little turkey pepperoni, yum. I have enough for a party, no kidding so I cut it up & froze it in individual servings, to reheat & enjoy

Cyn, so glad to hear you have landed safely & are getting settled. Enjoy your stay & try to relax a little too

Mick, poor Jeeves, I hope he’s OK. That fella sure has a sensitive belly.
                      I think British Gas is going to wondering what happened to all their customers, haha!
                      That’s great that those chickens were rescued. I know they’re just birds & all but i hate to see them suffering. We rescued a small flock years ago, poor things were starved & tiny when they got here but ended up doing well.

PQ, hope your day has been completely RELAXING!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie wherever you are.

No walks for me today, maybe tomorrow, we’ll see.
                      Take care everyone & Have a nice night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                      X