16may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16may

hiya all ...well here we re in the little van ...sun is shining lovely ,came down through some rain..but now we re here itis sound .we are on this site for a couple of days .118 miles from home ..a mere down the road for a lot of you .a very quiet site ,telly set up ,internet took 2 hours to set up..No news about Jeeves so I guess heis enjoying himself too ...The showers and site amenities open up tomorrow .hope everyone is well.
    take care have a great day .
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 16may

Good evening friends,

Glad you made it safe & sound Mick! I hope the good weather holds up for the rest of the week so you can do some exploring, have fun

Cyn, it is strange about these likely post vaccine effects. Don’t really know what else would be causing them so I’m blaming the vaccine. I think we need to be patient, they don’t disappear overnight!
    The Amish are very shrewd businessmen in my opinion. They won’t cross the line & break the rules set down by their bishops but they will & often do enlist the help of the ‘English’ to expand their businesses. We like to stop in their stores from time to time because they have things the supermarkets do not have like freshly ground flours of all sorts. I buy a big bag of their oat flour to make waffles & other things. The prices are good too because they don’t have to pay regular employees, their families work in the stores. Take care of yourself & I hope you start feeling normal soon, I’m getting there. Last night was the first night that my B/P was close to normal in the evening.

Hello to Pauly, Det, PQ, Sam & Pie.

Take care everyone, do what you have to do to stay happy & healthy.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick enjoy your getaway Lav glad the BP is better,not much going on around here,hubs has to go to the e.r yesterday to get a boil lances and drained on his neck,he went to two walk in clinics who wouldn't touch it so had to go up there,hope it heals and stays gone its gross,much love to all and wishes for a great BF day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...all I can think of is no news is good news. Hope that's the case with Jeeves. Glad your weather has improved, hate to think of you hiking in the rain.

Lav...yesterday things changed for me, I actually had some energy and didn't feel like I was walking under water. I have a sneaky feeling it was the vaccine as well. Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

Pauly...sorry to hear about your hubs and his ordeal. Yuck, I hope it doesn't come back as well.

Meetings today, requested by the prog coord, and I see that she didn't even log into the program over the weekend like she said she was going to. I'm going to be really p'od if the boss ask me to do it. That's bs, it's her job.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we then. Hope all is well with ya'll. It was supposed to rain today...it has been lovely

Ppqp..hope the co coordinator did the work..I remember you going through this same thing before..tell her to b.gger off and work..or pro rata her wages.

Hiya Pauly shows you then did hubby get seen to. Hope so.take care

Hiya lav..please tell me what normal feels like Haha..glad BP is ok..from what I've seen of the amish they wont bend the rules..but if someone puts a little curve in them then it's ok you have a lovely day

Tee gee hows you then ?a couple of memories for you ..dioch...take care

20210517_143947.jpg

20210517_142748.jpg

20210517_142020.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mick; May 17, 2021, 12:32 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Unhung Monday ABerooos!

oy Mick, micro adventures are grand...glad to hear it.

ya, farmers market was very nice, got some locally grown lamb chops really didn't expect to see those there. we had norty snacks whilst
            walking around and the 3 of us had a really nice time I'm happy to say. girly being a teenager doesn't often want to hang with us but this past
            weekend was a nice exception.

Lav, oh dear, my eyes are going to hell rapidly myself and I dunno what to do. I'm still making payments for my trip to the ER for my lung emergency... arg.
            All I can do it try to crank up the income and get some kind of a plan when I can afford it. I haven't had health coverage in years now.

stress levels are somewhat better... managed a quick workout at the gym today and will be attending my 1x per week martial arts class. would really like to expand that
            to 3x week when I can afford the $ and time.... soon i hope.

thanks all for the encouragement...I'll get there somehow.

anyone tried gardening in bucket bags? they are pretty cool. I planted 3 heirloom tomatoes this weekend using 3 of them in the 5-gallon size to give them room to grow
            and (hopefully) go nuts

got Darlenes Bday gifts wrapped and card made out, so we're on track.... just have to figure out dinner.

lemme see if it stays quiet for a bit so I can do a quick meditation.

catch yas soon. be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Evening greetings all,

Had my 10:00 meeting with the vampire & he grabbed a couple tubes of blood, haha!
              Warming up here, hitting the mid-80’s this week with the usual nasty humidity. I will go get my hair cut tomorrow in self defense, LOL

Pauly, skin things can be gross, I hear you! Just be sure he keeps the area clean & dry & takes whatever antibiotic they gave him. It will heal, no worries

PQ, that ‘walking underwater’ is a pretty good description of the vaccine related lethargy, ugh. Glad you are on the other side of it too.
              I’d be sure to rat out that program coordinator, just because. Don’t let her get away with that nonsense. Flatten her tires if you have to, WTH??? Hahha!

Mick, glad you’re getting out & about. Cute lambs
              Hope the fun continues during your getaway.

Det, glad to hear things are going well. You really do need an eye exam by the sounds of it, can’t take pictures if you can’t see. You are spending a lot of time in front of computer screens too. All this stuff strains our eyes & the over 40 group generally needs help with that......just sayin’
              There are supposed to be affordable health plans available now, check out the gov website. I bought a couple of those gardening bags for YB to try last year for potatoes be he didn’t even try them, ho hum.
              Happy Birthday to Darlene.

Hello to Cyn, hope all is well.
              Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all!
                So good to see all the reports — Mick, yup, that’s my heart homeland, no question. No wonder I like my old home in NW Connecticut... looks similar. The lambs! Like Hollywood stand-ins, so perfect. Enjoy your travels!

Lav, so glad to hear the BP is getting better. And looking forward to what they learn from your bloodwork. Maybe you’ll put something in those gardening buckets this year - I used them one year and loved them.

Det, you sound good! Congrats on handling everything so well. Happy B-day to Darlene. I agree w/Lav - there’s many more health insurance options now - good luck.

PPQ, don’t let yourself be taken advantage of!!! That chick needs to learn to work! Good luck and take care...

Pauly, so sorry for the stress of the Urgent Care trip... sending healing, and do whatever Nurse Lav says... 😉

Still floating around in La La Land, but I seem to get the necessary things done, so just hoping for the best each day.

After 2 days of stormy weather, the sky is clear and getting on to midnight blue... the moon is looking like a face partially hidden by a veil... very pretty.

Hello to Sam and Pie -
                May we be well...

Comment

Hiya all how are we then. All good hopefully. We are at a place called nant col falls..it is in the middle of nowhere internet and phone non existent unless you buy theirs. So I have. We are here for 2 days then onto lake Bala.take care all..sorry it is short but would rather get some post than none got a good few pics but internet here wont let me upload them..its as slow as a week in the jail..take care yall

Comment

MAE ALL...Holly Cow Mick! Did you send the hooley winds my way? We've been having wind gusts up to 50 mph all day! We are going down to freezing tomorrow and snow is in the forecast. A little early as this usually happens on the May long weekend, which is actually supposed to be nice. Even Mother Nature is Covid Crazy.

Mick...glad you had a nice day yesterday, always nice when they get the weather wrong in your favour. LOL I will google the places you are going to just to get an idea, but we do appreciate you keeping tabs with us. Looking forward to the pics when you get home.

Det...I'm surprised you could get lamb chops as well. Farmer's Markets have come a long way. Glad your weekend with girlie was a positive one, you needed that. Sounds like you're doing all the right things to stay sane.

Lav...I didn't quite rat out the program coordinator but she sent an email just before the virtual meeting saying she had tried to update the program page but got an "unauthorized" error message. Told her during the meeting that was strange as I'd been monitoring the users waiting for updates and didn't see her. Boss remoted into her computer, did an update and it worked. Other than the boss saying it could have just been a glitch when she was on I bit my tongue. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

TG...I think I handled myself well with the non working co worker. I could tell the boss was getting frustrated when he asked her to do certain things online during the meeting and the "blank" expression on her face said it all. I know he knows she's not up to the task but I'm sick and tired of him coddling her. He did not ask me to upload the rest of the programs so I was grateful for that. Might have had to quit at that point. LOL So if you've got an extra seat in la la land, I'd like to join you. Here's hoping the best for you every day!

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Pi...it would sure be nice to hear from you :hug: Have a great evening and will check in tomorrow if I'm not blown somewhere where there is no internet. :smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Sunny & 80 something today but not humid. I put my haircut off a day but I will get it done tomorrow.
                      My bloodwork all came back within normal limits SO the mystery of the B/P spikes continues. Who Knows?? I’m feeling much more human, no more nagging headache so that’s good.

Cyn, hope you get back to feeling fully human soon. I really think my issues were vaccine related but if it goes away then it was worth it, right? My friend who is still working at the hospital got Covid, despite wearing proper PPE. She has lots of health issues but recovered & returned to work. When the vaccines arrived & she got her first shot she said she was sick all over again. The good news is she’s completely over all of it now so I guess we will make it through too, right? Keep taking care :hug:

Mick, thanks for the pics today & so everyone knows you had a beautiful day out in nature seeing the sights
                      Hope the fun continues!

PQ, sounds like the boss is catching on to the issue at hand haha! Your coordinator needs a good talking to - maybe she will get one!!
                      Sorry to hear your weather has turned on you like that, ugh! Hang on tight & stay inside for goodness sake haha!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & PIe.

Have a good night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

evening all
                        hope everyone is doing well. All is ok here, nothing earth shattering happening other than needing 6 other hands to get things done. Boy we are getting dry here, no rain in sight... not good.
                        Trying new type of bees this year for pollination, Mason bees and another kind that the name slips my mind. Honey bees seem to be so hard to keep going any more. Giving that hobby a rest for awhile.

all the news that's fit to print here.
                        be well, friends
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae all -

Quick hello and goodbye for me tonight... long day with festival stuff. and I just finished up posting on the festival FB page... I'm not really the best one to do that, but... oh well!

Mick, thx for the quick note... glad to know that you are okay. Have fun!

PPQ, I am truly sorry for your weather... such winds, no fun. Crossing fingers that the boss sees what's going on... it's about time.
                          Take care, stay warm and wishing you no snow!

Lav, yes, I guess the vaccine really does give you a sample of the real thing... I just hope that these symptoms ease someday... I felt like I was just getting over some of my longhaulers symptoms. Oh well, we are not in the hospital fighting for our lives, so everything else is gravy I think...

Sam, good to see you, and good luck with the bees... tell us more, I find bees fascinating...

Hello to Pauly and Pi and Det... wishing all well ...

Comment

Hey everyone,

Happy Hump Day & all that haha!
                            Sunny & hot at 88 degrees, no rain in the forecast so now we’re watering everything. I did get my anti-frizz haircut today, thank goodness. When the humidity arrives I will be ready!!

Cyn, I know we’re lucky to be alive & relatively well. I just get a little scared going to bed at night with a way too high B/P but I wake up with a nice low one in the mornings, strange. I take all my meds in the morning & am starting to think about changing the times to see if it helps, don’t know.
                            I’m sure you’re working hard so please try to pace yourself & get some rest. Hope Zander has adjusted to his summer home.

Mick, hope you had another day of fabulous sight-seeing

PQ, how’s it going in Canadia today?

Sam, good to see you! Yep, getting dry here as well. Forest fires have already broken out in NJ, sad.
                            I am growing tons of pollinator friendly plants, trying to do my part. We are waiting for the cicadas to break out any day, yuck. We seem to have a bunch of carpenter bees doing their best to damage anything made of wood on the deck. They sounds like B-52’s haha! Good luck with your bee project!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Pie. Hope everyone is doing well!
                            Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...no worries about humidity here, 38F and it's supposed to snow overnight! High tomorrow is also 38F. At least we're not expecting a blizzard. I do not feel sorry for all those people who have to bring their bedding out plants in, they should know better. LOL I popped into the office to do some stuff I couldn't do from home and when I got home got a video chat request from the boss. Thought WTH, I was just there. Turns out the Prog Coord wants to make some changes to the website because of some covid restrictions which I said was no problem. So, I took the opportunity to ask her about updating the tennis programs. Told her I was waiting so that I could continue to work on other aspects. Seemed to work as the next thing I saw was more programs appearing. Although it was followed with text messages and questions that was ok, at least she was doing something.

Sam...glad to hear there's nothing earth shattering. LOL Hope the change in bees works for you. I've heard good things about Mason bees.

TG...at least the winds didn't appear today! I'm responsible for our FB page as well and it's one of my dreaded chores. It's actually attached to my personal FB account I've been tempted to delete it several times. LOL

Mick...hope the travels are going good and your relaxing.

Time to figure out some dinner. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X