X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10th April

Greetings everyone,

Just us here today PQ?
    The thermometer hit 80 today with a lot of humidity. My AC turned itself on for a while then the thunderstorm rolled in & dropped half an inch of rain in a few minutes, geez. Now the sun is back

PQ, I feel like I am always doing something…… I don’t sit for long periods of time & I never get bored.
    Were you instructed to use any drops in your eye, maybe just for comfort? Since I’ve been using the lubricating drops my eyes feel more ‘normal’. Nothing will ever fix the scar I have but at least they don’t hurt anymore. I really haven’t made plans for the weekend yet, we tend to do things last minute in this family usually because of work schedules. I picked up chocolate bunnies for the. Kids yesterday & they will get them at some point. I really don’t feel like doing the big holiday meals anymore, getting old haha! Hope your weekend is good, stay inside & stay warm!

Hello to Mick, Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Hello Lav and PPQP... I guess it's just us so far... was Mick planning on being gone right now? I hope all is okay on his side of the pond.

Yes, this very strange weather... 90 one day, then the storm, then freezing temps - maybe a bit of snow for us tonight. I guess we had just better buckle our seatbelts and hang on. So grateful I'm not in my old home state of MN... sounds like they are going to get hit.

Lav, you are always doing something! I picked up a hand-embroidery kit when I was hospital sitting... came with the hoop and everything and I was anxious to get started. But the needle they supplied was far too tiny to get 3 embroidery floss threads into. So, maybe I'll check out an embroidery place and get a proper needle. I need to be doing something with my hands right now, my brain seems to be fried and my spirits are dull. So glad you are not planning on a huge family dinner on the holiday - easy does it.

PPQ - so sorry about your eye; I hope the surgery comes quickly. Hopefully there are some drops as Lav suggested that can give you some short-term relief. Oh dear, your weather. I guess all we can be thankful for is that we are headed for warmer weather, not headed into winter! Rest up and rest your eye if you can...

Mick, how is the tooth today? How is Julie feeling? I'm hoping that you are just busy getting ready for your next trip, or out detecting, or taking pics with your flying camera... wishing you and the rabbits well... this is their holiday!

There is a little lake at my apartment complex, and it is a favorite with the Canada Geese that decide to summer here. I was honked at in a very noisy, decided manner by one large bird as I was taking my walk. I looked around, and sure enough the mama was on her nest close by. Her guy is doing a great job of protecting her! I saw another mom nesting, and her partner was also giving me the eye. Somehow I found all of that very touching (even though I have to look at the ground wherever I walk, because they leave such a mess!) Anyway, trying to concentrate on New Life.

Shout out to Det, Sam (good luck with those walnuts!), Pauly, and anyone else dropping by. Looks like the moon is getting ready for a beautiful light show soon...

Comment

hiya all ,how are we today then? hope all is well.Weather for this Good Friday is lovely...spent the morning cleaning the slabs and stonework in the back garden...new toy playtime .did alright yesterday too..bought a ladder mate,which stops ladders slipping on any surface ,also an off wall for the ladder ..so that I can do the gutters and fascias ..the lads that was supposed to do it never contacted me or did the job ..he had his chance .anyway the 2 items were brand new ..to buy ladder mate is £80,the off wall is £40 ...got the 2 0f them for £30 going to do the back fascias tomorrow and the conservatory roof ..throat still sore ,tooth site seems to be getting better thank goodness .

hiya teegee ,how are you then? hope all is good .Sorry to hear about your friend .the wheel of life still keeps spinning doesn't it .yes we were supposed to be away ,but covid sorted that out ..We go away next week to Jockland for 16 days .that should be good ..need to practice with the drone before I go .
        Yes I know about the Brent and Canada geese ...we are less than 100 metres from the lake where they go to and from every day ...you see and hear squadrons of them taking off and returning all the time ..plus all the stragglers .If you watch them in pairs ,one will eat whilst the other watches out .you take care and stay safe .

hiya Lav ...how are things with you today? hope all is well with you .So no big meal for you then?maybe one of the others will take over the meal making .yep like you,I kind of get bored easy if Im doing nothing ..my brain kind of tells my body to shift ...and the wheels never stop whirring !!Have a good Easter .

hiya ppqp ..hows you? still getting the snow?No planting till May .I got some red ..yes red cabbage plants so Im putting them in the bed in the greenhouse.have a lovely Easter .

hiya Sam the man hows things mate...wrong month ..Im sure the nursery rhyme is ...here we go gathering nuts in May ...not April.the best of luck for the wedding..Im sure it will all go to plan

hiya pauly and det ...how are you both doing ? hope all is well with you both .

All that remains is to say Happy Easter to all our readers !!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings everyone,

We had a nice sunny but windy day here. Just back from my walk & noticed the dog wasn’t huffing & puffing for the first time in a while. Guess she needed the exercise more than I did, hahah!
          Got more flower seeds planted & watered everything. I know we have a colder spell coming this way but it won’t bother the seeds.

Cyn, you’re right about me, I don’t like to be idle aka wasting time. While I can still move about & get things accomplished I will
          I just saw a pic of the snow in north Dakota - wow! I don’t want any parts of that, not even in winter. I haven’t tried to do any embroidery by hand in decades. I used to enjoy counted cross stitch but I honestly don’t see well enough to attempt that now. Finding the right needle will be very helpful - good luck on your project :hug:
          We have plenty of PQ’s geese around here, they have been nicknamed sh*t machines by some LOL

Mick, please don’t be like YB & wait until the middle of a thunderstorm to climb an aluminum ladder to clear the gutter like he did yesterday, geez. The gutter on the front of the house clogs up very quickly, not sure why. Have fun with your new toys. That Amoxicillin should take care of the sore throat too, hope it does anyway. Take it easy!

Hello to our hard working gal PQ!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Somehow this holiday leads me to thoughts of family history ... and since all the family memorabilia is in secure boxes in my bedroom
            Closet, it’s easy to access (good thing I have very few articles of clothing... &#128521 I will go to the cemetery tomorrow, and looked for the plot locations, finding pictures of my grandmother and husband fro the late 20s... he died tragically young, so I never knew him, but I love these pics. Tomorrow I’ll take flowers...

Still feeling worn out from my trip, so it’s early to bed tonight.

Mick, be careful on the ladder. Lav congrats on your walk. PPQ here’s hoping you get a little time off this weekend. Sam, good luck with the walnuts. Hello to all, and enjoy that incredible moon!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are things with y'all today then?A cracking day here weather wise,so didn't do the guttering, instead I borrowed a scarifier from my friend and did the front lawn .I got a full wheelie bin of moss from it..tonight I will water and reseed it. Went down to Aldi and got some seedlings...£1.89 for 12..and yes they had red cabbage cauliflower, cabbage and purple broccoli. So that's all planted up in the greenhouse.

Hiya lav how are you then?all OK?I can do better than the yb one..I remember fixing the outside light in the pouring rain and getting zapped off the ladder!throat and tooth site feel tons better today hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

Hiya teegee..and how are you doing?all good?ladder work will be tomorrow now are you going to trace your ancestry?Julie did hers I know but it isn't finished .hope you have a good Easter ...

Hello everyone else..hope you are well and have a great weekend x
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sunny here again which was nice.
                Daughter & granddaughter stopped by to visit. Unbelievably she was invited to my younger grandson’s birthday party at a bowling alley in town. I almost feel like a miracle occurred that my son reached out to his sister after avoiding her all these years since the DIL blowup way back. Fortunately the DIL was at work today, not at the party so everything worked out nicely. The cousins were happy to see one another

Cyn, I just found out that the cemetery where my family is has an online lookup available. I know where my parents & grandparents are but there’s a few others I would like to look up. It’s good having memories & a few pictures close by. Get yourself some rest this weekend too, OK? :hug:

Mick, we just let the grass & weeds grow together - it’s all green, haha! We have about 2 1/2 acres & am not about to worry about perfect looking lawns, haha! I’m sure yours will look lovely.
                Every year we grow older I worry about a fall from a ladder or roof, ugh. YB has gotten a bit fearful I think & has hired young Amish guys to do the laddet work around here, I’m grateful.

PQ, hope you are having an easy weekend.

Pauly, Det & Sam, hello.
                Wishing everyone a good night & Happy Easter

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Easter/Full Moon/Spring holiday to all -

I went to the cemetery and (finally) found my family. Though I have been there several times, it's difficult each time. Now there is (sadly) a new big marker close to the road... so I have a better landmark to look for. I found my grandmother's gravestone nearly covered!! I will ask if it can be lifted... it is sinking down a bit, and so the grass really started to cover it... so glad I was there to clear it off. I had brought pansies, and had plant stakes in the containers, so hopefully they'll last at least through Easter. I then went to my parents... that one is easier to find, and I placed yellow pansies for my mom and purple pansies for my dad. I'm not sure why I was so determined... maybe because this is the first spring in my home-state, so all the relatives feel closer. I also found a bunch of photos from the 20s as I was looking for stuff. My grandmother and grandfather - he was so handsome, he died young and my grandmother never really was the same - he was the love of her life. So many stories and emotions.

Lav, what a nice thing for your kids to start to thaw out that relationship! A great Easter gift. Any plans for tomorrow? I will be taking a little repast to my brother. HIs wife is with their son and family in Coronado, and on Monday my brother will join her. He is big in the Anglican church, so has to be at all these services this week. He's worn out! So I will bring a little celebration for us.

PPQ - hoping you are getting some rest, and your eye is better.

Mick, SO glad that you finally got red cabbage! Congrats on that and on the lawn work. I have to admit I am glad I don't have to even think about that stuff anymore... you have so much energy! Hope Julie is feeling better and that the rabbits won't overeat for Easter.

I am still worn out from my trip, and got smacked with a huge tax bill to pay, so my head is reeling. Right now I'm doing a Scarlett O'Hara... "I'll think about it tomorrow..." (or Monday)

Wishing all well -

Det, Pauly, Sam and all others, hope you will enjoy this gorgeous moon - happy spring holiday time.

Comment

Working...
                  X