May 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 1st

Hiya all how are we today then?hope all is well with you .it hammered down with rain last night to the extent the pitch we were on was flooded to about 3 inches. We drove to the Isle of Skye this morning and it cleared up. The site we are on is just at the side of the Kyle of Lochalsh and is superb. Weather is supposed to be glorious tomorrow.

Hiya ppqp how are you then?hope all is well .seems to be a lot going on at your work at the moment, but at least the atmosphere is good. As for the smoking..go for it girl

Hiya teegee ..how are you?hope things are good with you..yep I'm in the can't sit still gang too.I have tried but it lasts about 10 minutes. The site we are at is about 8 miles from Dunvegan Castle 🏰 take care and have a great weekend

Hiya lav how are you then?all good..you are welcome to the rain. You up to anything the weekend?we have 3 days here then on the way back an overnight stay in Strathclyde but that's just for rest there is nowt there

Hiya everyone else have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

The internet is virtually non existing but I will keep trying
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...nice job on the "done & dusted". I'm glad you're going out to the festival and that you're not working. Time to just enjoy. The weather forecast has changed for the better, no rain. Here's hoping they're not lying to me. Oh well, what will be will be and then it will be over!

Mick...another round of great pics. Did the van manage to stay dry? I hope so. I googled Kyle of Lochalsh what a beautiful place. Hope the weather continues to improve for you. Yes, lots happening at work and you're right, easier to deal with no added stress.

Lav...you're probably posting as I type this. Hope you had a good day.

Time to relax and put work out of my mind. I will be doing some last minute organizing tomorrow for the cleanup, things I didn't get done today. Boss was away so the mice were playing.

Shout out to the rest of us. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
        Last edited by porqoui; May 6, 2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Chilly & damp out just as predicted. Now it’s supposed to get windy just to keep things interesting, haha!
          Made another one of those pierogi pizzas today just to brighten up the moods here, yum. Nothing real exciting happening here, just busy dodging raindrops.
          I haven’t gotten any updates on my friend’s son for two days now, not sure what to do. I’m sending all the positive vibes & prayers I possibly can.

PQ, glad you had such a good but busy week.
          You will NEVER regret quitting smoking, I promise. I just heard today that a single pack of Marlboros cost an outrageous $19 - WTF?? That’s crazy! Grateful I gave it up, no kidding.
          It’s a real shame your monthly injections aren’t holding you. I wish they would come up with a longer lasting dose.
          When I sign up & go to a vendor/craft fair I know there will be a certain number of resellers there. They have invested big $$ in their candles, lotions & potions, etc & need to market them. It just seems to take away from the people who have spent countless hours working on their crafts, made with love not a product spit out of a factory. Back when we were kids there were door to door salespeople, the Avon Lady, Fuller Brush Co., etc. folks pounding the pavements & knocking on doors with this stuff. I guess that method doesn’t work anymore because people spend very little time at home these days. I hope you have fun organizing the crafters Hope your weekend is restful.

Cyn, I left the dog home with a rawhide chew doused with enzymes to clean her teeth while we went walking so she never missed us, LOL
          I pretty much have to force myself to try new things to keep the boredom & moods under control too. Turns out you never really know what yuo like or dislike until you give it a try

Mick, I really think I would try to buy that castle…..
          Great pics again today, thanks so much!

Pauly, hope you have a great Mother’s day.
          Det & Sam, hello to both of you.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lav for the Mother’s Day reminder... somehow I thought it was a week later! I have some cards I’ll send to me wonderful niece-moms (with great kids) and take a plant to my mother’s best friend, who is housebound, but still up and around.

Okay Mick, I’ll have to log on for more pics... I hope that the rest of your trip is rain free and safe traveling... sounds like you’ve had a good time.

PPQ, hoping all falls in line at work, and that the weather behaves. Happy weekend!

Sending good energy to Det, Pauly (happy Friday, girl) Sam, and all else dropping by. Stay safe, and wishing all well...

Comment

Hello all!

I certainly hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful weekend
              I started my day with a trip to Walgreens & got my 2nd Covid booster shot. Cases are up 61% in my state this week & that scares me a bit. Better to be safe especially when you don’t consider yourself a real lucky person. Word is that my friend’s injured son is off the vent now & that’s great. There are so many areas that need to be addressed in his care plan. I’m keeping up with the prayers & positive thoughts.
              The grandsons are bringing their parents over tomorrow for a visit (haha) so I baked a big batch of snickerdoodles this afternoon to keep everyone happy. Still cold & rainy here , my little weather station is reading exactly 3” of rain & we’re still having big rain gusts. Definitely not a spring day here.

Cyn, you’re always so nice. Thinking of others :hug:
              Hope your weekend is milder than mine has been so far.

PQ, hello to you!

Mick, I’m sure you’re doing something exciting today, have fun.

Hellos to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a decent night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X