Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July 10

Greetings friends,

Yep, still hot & humid here too, yuck! Is it too early to start wishing for Fall? Haha!!

Mick, hoping you’re staying cool enough, geez!
    The Amish do have farm machinery but it’s ancient caveman stuff pulled by the horses. I honestly don’t know how they do it & feel sorry for their animals.
    So someday you’ll be making currant jam I guess??? Lol. I kind of like mystery plants unless they end up being poisonous.

PQ, early day sounds good to me
    If it wasn’t for Amazon I’d go crazy. These stores here are decades behind modern markets. I even buy fabrics from Amazon sellers.
    I hope the performance review leads to a nice raise or bonus for you. I think your boss sounds like an intelligent guy.

Hello to Cyn & Pauly, hope you are both OK
    Hello to Sam & Det. That flooding in VA was pretty darn serious Sam, so sorry to see that.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya everyone ,hope all is well ...it started off cool this morning , but has got warmer as the day has gone on ..concreted in the washing line pole earlier ,and then cleaned the waste water tank in the van.With the hot weather it was niffy ..because no matter how much you flush it through any bits of food sit in the recess of the drainage cap.Job done and then made a gate for the side of the greenhouse...pretty random eh?

hiya lav how are you today then?we have just been issued a red weather warning for Monday Tuesday ..possible temperatures of 40 degrees.Ive pretty much taken all the plants in the back garden that could affect the rabbits ,but the problem is ...every rabbit is different .Amazon has certainly changed the way people shop ..I think it was on the way pre covid ,but the certainly speeded it up ..why would you go around a crowded shop etc ,when you could do the same at home online?

hiya ppqp ...how are you then ? how did the review go ? in your self assessment you should have bumped your value up ..let him challenge you down!Yep we have got amazon thieves but it seems to have calmed down.hope you have a good weekend ..

hiya pauly teegee sam det ......
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Enjoying the day off. Popped out to the garden to get veggies to grill on the BBQ tonight. Going to be hiding indoors this weekend.

Mick...was watching the heat warnings in UK on the news this morning, you keep smart and wear that beanie. I did bump my value up in my assessment. The actual review hasn't happened yet. Step 1 - submit my evaluation of me, Step 2 - he sends me his evaluation of me, Step 3 - we meet to discuss everything. All evaluations are to be completed by August 1st so he can budget for raises by the end of August. I feel pretty good about my performance since his arrival and am looking forward to a raise.

Lav...posting early cause I can. Even though I have the day off my body clock still woke me at 5:30am. Watched the news for awhile and then popped out to the garden and then the grocery store for supplies and home by 8:30am. Couldn't believe how much I got done before my normal workday actually started. LOL We're under a heat warning but nothing like Mick is experiencing. Hope you have a good day.

Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey friends,

Got everything set up for the craft fair tomorrow & we stopped for a quick bite to eat because who feels like cooking? Haha!
          Still pretty hot here & they say it’s going to last a long time, Lol. In other words - we’re screwed. Not much you can do but deal with it I guess.

Mick, that’s a lot of work for one day, geez. Watch yourself in that excess heat. It’s harder on us oldies but goodies
          I don’t like the fact that I am helping to enrich Mr Amazon but like I said, I just can’t buy a lot of things I need in the local stores, so…..

PQ, glad your day off was good.
          As far as waking up too early, I’m right there with you, ugh. How is it that we no longer know how to sleep? Another gift of aging I suppose, Lol/

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Sam & Det. Hope everyone is OK

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is good. It is absolutely roasting over here today. I went for a walk earlier on and the t a r on the road stuck to my shoes! I cut the grass first thing this morning, and tidied up the driveway. Up I managed to bang my head you wouldn't believe how how. We had ordered new sun loungers to take away with us on the van, but thought we would try them in the garden full stop the sun loungers have got a shade that goes over the top. I sat in the chair pushed it back and the sun shade came down and hit me on the head full stop it could only happen to Mr muppet.

Hiya lav and how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you and yours. Best of luck with the craft fair today. Sell out!

Hiya ppqp how are you then today?hope you are good . It's great when you can get everything done before the main core Day starts isn't it? Yes the heat warnings over here for Monday and Tuesday day and to certain extent today and tomorrow are pretty match spread over the middle of England full stop already we are seeing death through people jumping into lakes and reservoirs despite all the warnings that have been issued full stop some people totally abuse the privilege of being stupid. Stay indoors and have a great weekend

Hiya pauly how are you doing today?thinking of you

Big shout to everyone else
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening kids,

The craft fair went very well, made >$300, woo hoo!!!!
              It was hot this morning but by the time we were leaving the event, around 3:30 it started raining so it’s not so bad now. I received an invitation to another craft fair today in the end of October, haha.

Mick, you & your sore head!!! OUCH!!!
              I am so paranoid about anything touching my head after that big injury & surgery I had nearly 22 years ago, ugh. Hope your noggin is OK.
              Hope you’re staying cool now!!

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Sam & Det. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -
                So sorry to be away for so long... the combination of traveling, then hosting a friend here in Tahoe, and the startup of the Festival (even though I have nearly no official duties...) has taken the starch out of me. For some reason I am extremely tired all the time, so I get through the basics, but then can’t focus well enough to do the fun stuff (like posting). I thought it might be O2 related, because of the altitude here, but I should be over that by now. I finally got to see my beloved chiropractor today... maybe she has opened up some energy channels. (I keep testing myself... no COVID).
                In the meantime I seem to be experiencing more memories that bring up feelings of grief for me... This place holds a LOT of mixed emotions. But I am sticking to my plan of “less is more” and training some young pups to do the things I used to take care of. Hopefully that will work... at least when I’ve had enough of people I can just leave, and I don’t have to stick around and pretend to be nice... that’s a big help.

Mick, sorry about your extreme heat... that sounds very hard to live with, in a place not used to it at all.
                Lav, congrats on the Craft Fair! And of course they want you back - you are a Star! Sorry about the heat - glad the you g chickens have gotten the hang of things. The Swiss cheese sounds good!

PPQ, so glad that you wrote an honest and powerful rival of yourself. Sending good vibes for your meeting with the boss. Wow, you are experiencing weather extremes... we are always under a fire Watch here, but so far so good. My NE home is looking at 90s all next week. If I stay out of the sun, the high temps here are bearable - but at nearly 8,000 feet, the sunshine is a scorcher!

Sam, sorry about the floods - I hope you stay safe... and Wow on the truck mileage! I agree with Mick, you should be in an advertisement! Take care - how is your health keeping?

Okay, I hope to get back to some kind of “normal” and get ahold of myself before the 3 weeks of Classical concerts begins next week... last week was a Jazz Camp...

Sending greetings to Det and Pauly (hugs!) and all stopping by...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you and your poor noggin. Glad you tried them out before your next road trip.
                  I too have experienced the tar on the road sticking to my shoes. Way too hot! some people totally abuse the privilege of being stupid I'm going to use that! Been hiding indoors so all's well.

Lav...well done on the craft fair. Are you going to go for the October craft fair? That could be your Xmas advertising. I have one new grand niece and one stubborn he/she who's still deciding when to arrive. Will be putting in my Christmas order soon!

TG...:hug: you've had a lot on your plate and no wonder a lot of memories have triggered emotions. Good for you on sticking to your plan of "less is more" and helping get the "young pups" on board. Always good to have an exit plan. LOL You make sure you take time for you whenever you need it.

Thinking of Sam, Det and Pauly and hoping all is well.

The boys made dinner tonight, YAY, now if I can only get them to clean the bathroom. Oh well....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                  X