28th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 28th August

Hiya all.how are we doing then?hope everyone is doing well .struggling to get the internet atm looking at options when I get back. Looking at getting a netgear m2 router,the question is do I need an external ariel. Because if not then I don't intend to drill into the van roof.
    It poured down with rain yesterday then faired off, so we went for a walk. On the move today, to a place called Ludham Bridge..there for3 nights.
    Hiya teegee hope all is good with you. What are you up to now. I bet it isn't sitting watching telly!!

Hiya ppqp. Right in one..you can't fix stoopid �� smile count to 10...well did the dishes arrive?mebbe they should cook for you?hope there's not too much chaos with the parking

Hiya lav..you good?have you got to the bottom of the bus issue?that's one fair length of time. Especially if there is someone on his case which it sounds like that definitely needs a serious coat of fixing best of luck..though methinks lady luck won't be needing to help you. .

Hiya everyone else take care
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello friends,

Slept better the past two nights since it’s cooled down quite a bit BUT the heat & humidity will be back for the weekend, oh well.
      Well the kids have no school tomorrow & Monday for Labor Day so I’ll use that time to catch up on some projects.
      All I can say about the bus issues is apparently there are ‘a lot of idiots’ riding that particular bus. So, interpret that anyway you want. My grandson is like his dad with a non-fighter personality. So their way of handling problems is to make themselves scarce. I know my daughter-in-law went up everyone’s butt at the school about the issue years ago but nothing ever changed. So it is what it is I guess.

PQ, we had a saying in the medical community ‘You can’t fix stupid but you can medicate it’ HA HA
      Yep, the orange hair was shocking but I’m getting used to it haha. His mother is part of the problem with the hair - a few years ago she let him color it almost white then they went on to shades of blue, dark pink, etc. my son is so straight laced but she’s whacky with tattoos & piercings now - don’t know what to say other than it’s not very professional looking to me.
      I hope your desk arrived, I need to send yuo something to hang on your wall

Cyn, hope you’re having a good day!

Mick, thanks for all the pics & explanations. Ithink you guys are having a good trip!

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det.

Back to work for a bit. Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...it was actually the yellow parking lines. I personally didn't think it was necessary as it appears nobody is capable of parking inside them anyways. LOL Hope you had a good night.

Mick...thanks for all the pics! Hopefully you can find something that you don't have to drill a hole in the roof of the van. There's gotta be something. I'll be checking out Lundham bridge next. The dishes have arrived. They are now sitting in dirty water in the sink. I did pick up something to make for supper but that's not happening until the dishes are done. When the oldest wasn't at home the other one BBQ'd almost every night and funny the dishes didn't seem to disappear. Hmmm OMG, it was unbelievable watching people park on the street, wherever they wanted to. It took you 12 minutes to travel 2 blocks. Same thing at kid pickup time. I was shocked at how many people pulled a U turn in the playground zone. Wish I would have given bylaw a heads up, they would have made their quota for the year. LOL

Lav...it was a cooler day here as well but the same as you for the weekend. I'll be hiding in the A/C. Monday is Labour Day for us too but the kids are in school tomorrow. We will be opening the parking lot in the morning so that should help with some of the congestion on the street. I was lucky that I never had to send my kids on a bus for school. They have so much to deal with as it is. Ooooh to be able to medicate it. LOL I remember when the hair colouring started, sorry but she really does sound like a winner. The boss was off, the accountant decided she'd work from home so there was nobody but me and the building super upstairs. Needless to say I didn't get a break, didn't have lunch and decided when the desk arrives, I'm leaving. The desk arrived around 2pm but I told the building super to take off, we take advantage when the snitching accounting isn't around. He will be setting it up for me tomorrow and then there's the whole hassle of moving my computer, couple of monitors and the phone. I figure that's a good way to spend a Friday anyways.

FYI - the kid is down doing the dishes. LOL Wishing everyone a good night.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav...
          I don't know why I can't edit my post but I forgot to say....oooh a pressie for my new office wall. It's been a long time since I've had anything to look forward to. LOL
          Last edited by porqoui; September 1, 2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Mae all - just a quick check in to say hello... Love to all...

Comment

Morning all how are we today then?Friday today..poets day. Arrived safely at Ludham Bridge. A lovely little site went for a walk up to St Benets Abbey .its strange to think I have been here twice before.. both times when we hired boats on the broads I never thought I would see it again, especially from a motorhome on a campsite .it's weird..I was born near the sea,I love water,my dad did 28 years in the Royal Navy and more in the merchant, and I did 12 in the army err I got that one wrong .
              We are going on a boat trip on the broads today, it is a bit of a walk to get there but will be good. Temperature today supposed to be 22 degrees.

Hiya lav how are you. Did you take gs to band practice?as long as you know what the issue is on the bus that's fair comment. When is your next fair ?

Hiya teegee you good?;

Ppqp. .it's being done in stages. Dishes to sink,then water,then washing up liquid then using a cloth clean them..you can't hurry these things .sounds like a busy day for you today at work make it a good weekend

Take care all and have a good weekend
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Quiet-ish day today - no school pick up since they’re off until Tuesday. Got some groceries, fed, watered & played with some of the animals & have been working my fingers to the bone in my workshop (just kidding). The next craft fair is on the 24th.

PQ, I can remember pulling a few kitchen strikes back in the day! It used to really get me PO’d to come home from work & find the kitchen sink filled with dirty dishes. Either wash the damn things or put them in the dishwasher - DUH!
                I hope your desk has arrived & been put together by now. I’ll think of something you can hang on a wall
                Hope yuor weekend is good!

Hi to Cyn, hope you are well!

Mick, thanks again for the pics, very nice
                Glad you are enjoying every minute of your getaway!

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; September 2, 2022, 06:13 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

:yay: IT'S THE WEEKEND :yay:

TG...waves to you, hope you're busy relaxing. LOL

Mick...checked out Ludham Bridge, it looks awesome. Saw some pics of the boats on the broads, you can sign me up. 22 is not bad, we hit 31 today. Hope your weather is great for your stay. So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years. I didn't know you could do the dishes in stages. LOL

Lav...still hiding from the heat? I'll be joining you apparently for the next 6 days! No kidding right! I was going to say wash the damn things or leave them on the counter. I have never had a dishwasher! The desk arrived and was put together. It's one of the smaller desks I've ever had which is perfect, No room to collect clutter and everything has a place and is in it. I have 2 blank white walls and a coworker said you've got to get something for the walls. I told her my friend from the states is going to surprise me with something and she said that's the one that made our Halloween covid masks, sweet. LOL Spent the day moving prog coord crap out and my crap in. Nowhere near finished but boss is off on Tuesday so I can continue to organize. I did set up the laptop and monitor for the new part time Staff Facility Support people that start on Wed/Thu. I'm just tucking the prog cord's stuff in a drawer and we'll see if she actually comes back.

Parking lot lines were completed enough to open the parking lot this morning, much to the relief of many parents and I'm sure the traffic on the road. Things seemed to go much smoother today, the stress levels were decreased immensely.

Shout out to Det, Sam & Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning all how are we today then. Hope all is well in the world. Yes it's the weekend. Was up early listening to the ducks on the water. It was supposed to rain last night, but it didn't. We are moving on tomorrow, but today going to a place called Potter Heigham and How Hill.there is as I recall a narrow bridge at Potter Heigham where it is advised that you get a pilot to take yo under it..hope everyone has a good weekend

Comment

Evening greetings everyone

Warm but not too bad today. Just wait until tomorrow they say, LOL
                      YB planted up next year’s strawberry plants today where they will overwinter under a thick layer of straw. He got the Amish plants this year. The last ones were not Amish & they failed big time.
                      I’ve been working off & on all day long, getting my stock up to snuff for the next craft fair.

PQ, happy weekend! Glad your desk has arrived. I hear you on the clutter situation (you should see my shop right now) haha!
                      Now I have to decide what to send you, hmmm!! Enjoy your weekend as much as possible
                      I made this for dinner, have lots of leftovers - yum: https://www.kimscravings.com/sweet-p...ean-casserole/
                      I had some leftover turkey taco meat so I added that in - very good!

Mick, the traveling man!
                      Thanks for the pics again, very peaceful looking spot you found there. I hope you’re enjoying every moment!!

Hello to Cyn, Sam, Pauly & Det!
                      Wishing everyone a nice night. Back to work for me.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                      X