Dec 4th ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec 4th ish

Hiya all..how are you doing today then?hope all is well with everyone. Pouring down with rain today, went for a walk and got soaked..Nice walk though.we then ended up playing cluedo and scrabble..haven't played it for years. Back home tomorrow, but enjoyed the little break and the bits and pieces all work.

How did you get on yesterday lav?hope you managed to make a few bux...some of your stuff was lovely
    We have got snow warnings for next week.

Big hello to everyone..take care
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Dec 4th ish

Good evening friends,

Recovery went well today, my brain came back to life after yesterday’s frenzy, haha!
    Sun most of the day, rain coming later in the week I hear.

Mick, sorry you’re getting rained on. Walking in the rain can be fun, so I hear haha! Got you had a few days away.
    I did very well at the craft fair, same as last year at the same place. I will be sure to sign up for next year’s event, Lord willing
    I spent the afternoon working on two orders, so it’s all good.

Cy, PQ, Slo & everyone - HELLO

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all - not sure anyone saw my last night post - so here you go... quiet day today working on financials... boring!
      Hope all are well...
      /::::::::::::::;;;::::::::::::::
      treegirl 02:04 AM Yesterday
      Mae all,
      Mick, the pics you posted are wonderful!! It is so much more beautiful in your countryside and at your fairs... I love visiting “virtually” through your pics...

SLO, it sounds like you made such great decisions for this weekend. All solid reasoning. I also get upset that AL seems to be everywhere... displays as soon as you walk into grocery stores, any tiny event is an excuse... I swear that our whole culture is addicted... but of course it’s the desire of the powerful AL lobby to get and keep this country and others around the world addicted... I am so glad that I don’t have a TV... the holiday ads with all the images of parties and bottles of booze is not what I need to see...

PPQ, glad for your warmup! We started the day here at 19F, warm fur you, but felt plenty chilly to me! I hope your weekend is good.

Lav, congrats on the sales! And also on having grandson there, and useful. So interesting that he wanted to come. I’m glad to hear you say that there’s no more shows on the horizon... I hope you can just “chill” for awhile.. you worked so hard!

My dinner last night worked out well - and I’m glad o was the one driving... the wind was so ferocious it nearly blew me off the road a couple of times. The concert was kind of disappointing, a bit dull... (but I’m pretty picky about music...)

My brunch with my cousin (suffering from schizo-something) went smoothly, and she was very happy. She used to do this regularly with my mom, so I’m glad to step in. Tomorrow is taking dinner to another elder - a dear friend of my mom’s... her family all live out of town, so I check in on her...

Here’s hoping that all are feeling well and are safe and sound...
      TG

Comment

Good morning, bright & early:

I had a wonderful time up at daughter & son-in-law’s house, and with the toddler grandchildren. My heart is full now! Those two little ones have been mimicking me, and stumping around with sticks that they use as canes! They liked having my real cane to use yesterday! I had to lay low as my knee replacement knee was hurting quite a bit. Can’t find the sweet spot with the physical therapy exercises. And overdid the broken leg the day before trying to get stuff out of my old basement, while ex-HB was away at the swim meet.
        That son-in-law is so quick & efficient. They went out and cut down a large Christmas tree yesterday, and he got it all put up and decorated. He made a nice dinner of grilled chicken breasts, bacon, noodles & spinach in a cream sauce that he made, with crescent rolls on the side. Plus he vacuumed, emptied the dishwasher, washed up all the supper dishes…yes he watched the football game too, but it wasn’t the focus of his day. He’s a good guy to have around!
        Daughter is getting pretty big now, at 24 weeks pregnant.
        Last edited by Slo; December 5, 2022, 07:48 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

The Grassington area looks so charming, Mick. It looks worth going to see and take it all in, even if the fair itself was lackluster.

I had read your post, TG. But this way I don’t have to look back for it! I am intrigued, and rather admire, people who live without a TV. I’m not into watching TV much myself, and often can’t find anything on that I actually want to watch. And the booze commercials really will be ramping up now that it’s December.
          You have had so much exposure to high quality music in your life, and in places like New York; that it’s no wonder that the little local orchestra & choral holiday concert you saw the other night fell flat.

Lav, that particular holiday craft fair is a real winner. Hopefully you can secure the spot right by the entrance again for next year too. It’s a good way to get get grandson out of the house and exposed to new things. I know he has gone along before to your craft fairs. I bet he’s handy to have along for loading & unloading too!

Hope you could catch up on your rest over the weekend, PQ. You had quite week last week!
          Last edited by Slo; December 5, 2022, 08:13 AM.

Comment

hiya all...back home now ..It has been pretty cold out there ,Julie has just gone for the peskies while I make a big pot of leek and lentil soup.Glad we came back when we did ,the weather is supposed to be getting pretty bad this week ..night temps of minus 5, and a snowstorm on the way too.hopefully it will clear by our next trip.

hiya Lav ,glad you did well at the fair ...You deserve it ..it is lovely work you do.I enjoy walking in the rain ..proper rain that is ..not the drizzly stuff...plus it was pretty muddy too..

hiya slo,how are you doing today then? hope all is good .Yes the Yorkshire Dales are lovely ,the scenery is spectacular ,but obviously not as nice as Scotland!!completely without bias!!sounds like you had a good time at your daughters .take it easy with that knee and leg

hiya teegee ,how are you doing?Pity about the concert,I would have thought you would have enjoyed it ...I take it that it lacked that ingredient that makes you sit up and take note.Our culture is addicted to booze ...as it was to cigs until the outcry over health beat the tax returns for governments and they had to sit up take notice.I agree the television ,everywhere is littered with booze ads .In my own little world selfishly perhaps it matters not .I will help anyone that wants to help themselves .Glad the brunch went well with your cousin.You tale care .

hiya ppqp ..hope all is well...did you have a good weekend .?

What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common? Same middle name.
            I was horrified when my wife told me that my six-year-old son wasn't actually mine. Apparently I need to pay more attention during school pick-up.
            What is the opposite of a croissant? A happy uncle.
            If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims.
            Which branch of the military accepts toddlers? The infantry.
            Did you know you can actually listen to the blood in your veins? You just have to listen varicosely.
            Though I enjoy the sport, I could never date a tennis player. Love means nothing to them.
            I have a joke about time travel, but I'm not gonna share it. You guys didn't like it.
            What's the opposite of irony? Wrinkly.
            I was kidnapped by mimes once. They did unspeakable things to me.
            Got a PS5 for my little brother. Best trade I've ever done!
            What do the movies Titanic and The Sixth Sense have in common? Icy dead people.
            I finally decided to sell my vacuum cleaner. All it was doing was gathering dust!
            When you die, what part of the body dies last? The pupils…they dilate.
            A friend of mine went bald years ago, but still carries around an old comb. He just can't part with it.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey friends,

Woke up to a frosty 19 degrees this morning, wasn’t expecting that. Tomorrow it warms up but rain moves in. I felt sorry for the one remaining outdoor cat, her bedding had ice crystals on it, geez.
              Taking baby Daisy to the Vet tomorrow for her initial visit now that she’s 8 weeks old. That should be a wonderful trip, haha.

Cyn, hope you’re staying warm too, brrr!
              I am done with crafting stuff until sometime after the holidays. I’m likely to get a request or two from some regular customers before Christmas but that’s OK. I need to to catch up with things around the house & put Christmas together, bake cookies, etc. I am a member of the PBS station in Maryland because I like the shows they put on about th eMaryland shores, Chesapeake, etc. I have a Passport so I can watch any of their programs on my iPad or laptop anytime I want - better than regular TV maybe you could look into your PBS station & see what they offer.
              It’s so nice that you’re connecting with old family friends, I’m sure you are making them happy.

Slo, your son-in-law sounds like a keeper. Mine is pretty good that way too It’s a comfort knowing our girls have found such good partners.
              Sorry about your continued knee issues, bummer. I guess a prolonged period of rest (along with proper PT) is in order. One of my nurse friends just said she’s torn an ACL & has a medial meniscus tear from playing pickle ball. She fell & fractured a wrist that required pinning last year playing pickle ball, duh. Why do all the 60 somethings think they can move to FL & suddenly play sports like a teenager?
              I seriously know my limitations, there will be no pickle ball in my future haha!

Mick, glad you got home. OK. Do you think you’ll have snow soon? I’m hearing rumors we may have snow over Christmas but it’s way too early to predict that!
              I’m looking forward to a rest from all the crazy crafting. I need the time & energy into creating Christmas here haha!

PQ, hope you are well & had a good day.

Hello to the rest & wishing everyone a nice night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had a good weekend. Did stop in at work on Saturday just to make sure the room was ready for a couple of new demo classes. Didn't trust the Facility Staff that was on Friday night, she had no idea she was supposed to work. The chairs and tables were put away but the mic & podium were still out and the floor was a mess. I trust the Saturday staff so didn't think about work after that.

Mick...glad you're home safe and sound. Weather started out ok this morning but the wind is now blowing a hooley and we're dropping to -29C with a windchill at -40. High tomorrow is only -20C but then Wednesday we shoot up to +2C on Wednesday. No wonder people get sick and thankfully I don't suffer migraines. We're getting snow tonight but not much, just enough to freeze on the car. When is you next trip?

Lav...congrats on a super craft fair. Can you register for next year right away or do you have to be invited? I did have a good day, got a lot of things sorted and out of the way. I just can't bring myself to setup next year's craft fair yet! This is the time to wind down and I start a 2 week Christmas break in 11 days. Really looking forward to the break. Apparently the Prog Coord is to be back Dec 16th, the last day before our break so I think the boss has put her off till January. Could make for an interesting new year. LOL Enjoy your break from crafting and good luck with Miss Daisy tomorrow.

Slo...I think it's hilarious the grandkids are mimicking you. Sounds like you had a great visit and you're right the SIL is a keeper. You take it easy on those knees, don't over due it.

TG...what are you doing posting at 2 in the morning. Glad you copied it here because I did miss it. Glad your brunch went smoothly and geeze, off to take dinner to an elder tonight. You're like the energizer bunny. You drive safe out there.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. It's porkchops, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner so must get started. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are you today then? hope all is well with you.Cold over here today ,but not as bad as some I see.Next trip out is 22nd December ,just going local back to Burrs .but what happens depends on family circumstances.Nice to get home but tbh I enjoy being away in the van.

Hiya ppqp...how are you today then?hope all is good with you.Did you get the snow?I made a big pot of soup,was lovely .Im going down to my friends tomorrow if the weather holds .looks like you will have an interesting new year!!!best of luck with that one .

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? 18 degrees? thats sunbathing weather !best of luck with your visit to the vets today!!I note about your friend playing pickle ball....yep my head works like that..When I was younger I was pretty fit ,running swimming boxing carrying backpacks all that sort of stuff ...unfortunately ,when the body retired from that ,the head didnt.shoulders back knees have all paid the price !I wont be playing pickle ball,I havent a clue what it is .Take care and have a good day.

hiya teegee how are you today then? hope you are good .are you off on your travels?

hiya slo,hope all is good with you too.

big shout to everyone else

Comment

MAE ALL....MAN IT'S COLD OUT!!! -37C/-35F and the wind is blowing a hooley. Over night it's going to -6C/21F and the high will be 2C/35F. Crazy weather.

Mick...hope you're able to get away on the 22nd. Hope all is well with Julie's Dad, that's who I thought of when you said family circumstances. Oh yes, we got the snow and it continues even now. Everyone here is just crawling around Calgary. I really have to get into making soup, a pot would be a good start. LOL I don't think she'll be sticking around long if she comes back in January. The biggest problem will be figuring out what she's going to do. Pickle Ball is like playing Ping Pong on a small scale tennis court. It's really taking off here and all the participants seem to be from the "entitlement" group. We convert 2 of our tennis courts into pickleball courts and quite frankly we'd rather not. Oh well, guess there money is as good as the next persons. Hope the weather hold for you to go see your friend.

Shout out to everyone else. Will check batter later to see how everyone's doing....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Interesting trip to the Vet. Apparently I have a very healthy BOY kitten so Daisy is now known as Davey
                      No one ever told me kittens hide all their private parts inside their abdomens. The only way to know is to palpate with two thumbs & see if you can ‘feel’ anything under the skin. Well, now I know haha!!!
                      It’s going to take a while for my brain to adjust to the new pronoun ‘he’. Anyway, he’s been sleeping since we got home, I think the shots knocked him for a loop.
                      Rained here off & on all day, gloomy looking.

PQ, I guess the newer staff will pick upon the routines soon enough.
                      The person in charge of the craft fair went around & asked all of us if we will be coming back next year so I’m in . They do hold craft fairs at other times of the year but I can’t imagine they are as well attended. I like coming home with >$300 haha! Keep yourself safe & warm, don’t want any frostbitten noses.

Mick, FYI: What is Pickleball? | What You Need to Know About Pickleball
                      In my dreams I can still do all that stuff we did as kids (ice skating, sledding, playing softball, basketball, etc) but the reality is I just can’t move like that anymore. I’m trying to preserve what’s left I guess.
                      Is there news about Julie’s Dad? I may have missed something. Take care!

Slo, hope you’re doing OK today & preserving those precious knees. I baked up the first 2 batches of Christmas cookies to freeze today. Had to push myself to get started.

Cyn, hope you are well today.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

DAVEY :rotlf: Now I know too. LOL Maybe he'll want to go back to Daisy when he grows up. LOL Mick didn't say anything about Julie's Dad, it was just me assuming things. I'll be more organized for next years craft sale, my plate was pretty full. Good that you can get a table right away, now you don't have to worry about it. Hope you have a good night....:smile:PPQP
                        Last edited by porqoui; December 6, 2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks for your posts, good to know that all is going well. I will write a longer note tomorrow... it's 8 pm here, and I just realized that I need to make a sheet pan of brownies tonight and take them with me to the place tomorrow where I volunteered last week to help with the sandwich bags for the homeless population that this serves. EEEk, so got to get cooking - glad that they gave me the sheet pan and the mix to go with it... I just wonder if I have enough eggs and oil... we'll see!
                          Cheers all, please stay well - PPQ, your weather is so tough! Good luck!
                          Cheers,
                          TG

Comment

Your kitten is actually Mr. Davey instead of Miss Daisy!?! Ha! A cat named Davey. Well we learn something every day! Good thing you got Luna spayed!
                            My boy cat is named Boyd -an unusual name. They were amazed at the boarding place because they had another cat there who’s a frequent guest of theirs named Boyd!

Leek & lentil soup sounds divine, Mick.
                            Yes, I remember when cigarette ads were all over TV and magazines. And all restaurants allowed smoking in the restaurant -and they were sure they’d never stay in business if they banned smoking! The tables really turned on promoting smoking.
                            May flowers bring Pilgrims! Ha!

I spent my day with baby Huxley, and got lots of hugs & cuddles! Then took my mother to an eye appointment to get custom contacts that fit on eyes deformed by keratoconus. Then out for a nice little dinner with her, a grilled turkey sandwich with fries.

Eeesh, PQ! At least prog coord’s return is being put off until the new year.

Baking brownies at 8 pm TG; just what you don’t want to do!
                            Last edited by Slo; December 6, 2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

hiya all..how are you doing hope all is well.Just got back from the vet ...Jeeves wasnt so good last night ,and today,but I medded him up ,but still I didnt feel comfortable ...a gut feeling ,so took him to the vet .They have overnighted him.It is freezing over here ..black ice everywhere..

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? Hows Davy doing?hope all is well.Julies dad is just the same ,but at Christmas when we arent here he goes down to the other Julies ..that is Julies sister in law...however her mum is in hospital and is pretty poorly ,so it depends whether she is out or what is happening whether Julies dad goes down to the other Julies ..if not then we will come back Chrimbo day,and then go back again .hope you have a good day.

hiya Slo how are you doing? hope all is well.sounds like you are having a ball.how is the knee doing?

hiya teegee ..how are you doing? hope all is well.Good for you helping the homeless.It always grates on me why charitable organisations help and subsidise the needy ,whilst governments spend money ,on rubbish.you take care .

hiya ppqp ...how are you today? hope all is well.how was work?I bet your chuffed with the respite at work till next year..till the co ord comes back.would you like your cold weather back?

What lights up a soccer stadium? A soccer match.
                              What creature is smarter than a talking parrot? A spelling bee.
                              Which U.S. state has the smallest soft drinks? Minnesota (as in, “mini-soda”).
                              Why couldn’t the leopard play hide and seek? Because he was always spotted.
                              Apparently, you can’t use “beef stew” as a password. It’s not stroganoff.
                              Why did the drum take a nap? It was beat.
                              Where do hamburgers go dancing? They go to the meat-ball.
                              Why did the tomato turn red? It saw the salad dressing.
                              Why shouldn’t you write with a broken pencil? Because it’s pointless.
                              What do you call two monkeys that share an Amazon account? Prime mates.
                              Why are teddy bears never hungry? Because they’re always stuffed!
                              Why did the tree go to the dentist? It needed a root canal.
                              If athletes get athlete’s foot, what do elves get? Mistle-toes.
                              Why couldn’t the pony sing? Because she was a little hoarse.
                              Where do cows go for entertainment? The mooooo-vies!
                              What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop.
                              How does NASA organize a party? They planet.
                              Why did Adele cross the road? To sing, “Hello from the other side!
                              What runs around a yard without actually moving? A fence.
                              What’s an astronaut’s favorite candy? A Mars bar.
                              Where do sheep go to get their hair cut? The baa-baa shop.
                              Why are there gates around cemeteries? Because people are dying to get in.
                              What do you get when you cross a snake with a pie? A pie-thon!
                              Why is Peter Pan always flying? He Neverlands.
                              What’s the most musical part of the chicken? The drumstick.
                              Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over a bay, they would be bagels.
                              How do you know when the moon has had enough to eat? When it’s full.
                              What kind of music do planets like? Neptunes.
                              Why can’t you trust an atom? Because they make up everything.
                              What do you call a group of disorganized cats? A cat-tastrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X