11th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11th June

Mick - yep, my dad really loved that letter so I'm super grateful you shared it here. Love any injection of humor tbh. The world is rough and serious so much of the time, and laughing is a good source of endorphins! Sorry to hear about your arm - hope you get some relief from the itching and swelling very soon!

Lav - thanks for the B12 link and recommendation. I'll def check it out!

PQ - I hope the weather turns out just perfectly for Saturday, and that your week without the accountant next week is peaceful and quiet.

TG - it sounds like you're figuring out some of the things that tax your brain the most and some effective ways to work around the fog. Let's both try the B12 and see if we see some improvement!

Hellos and waves everyone, and Happy Fridays!
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I'm in Australia, so tend to post at a different hour to most of you.

Hello Mick, and thankyou for the humour you bring to this community. I also really like your slogan, "Safe, sane, sober", that really says it all very neatly! :thanks:

Kensho, thankyou for sharing your travel notes with us! You handled the questioning of your sobriety very well. I think it was rude of that person to ask you why you don't drink. I remember when I was in Mexico & Cuba last year it wasn't always easy to be around others drinking al. I even had thoughts of drinking, like I could maybe start it up again (WTF?!). That's what being away from home and everything & everyone I knew did to my mind. Kudos to you for staying the course :goodjob:

Slo, lovely that you get to spend time with the Grandkids. I would love to have grandchildren, but that's not possible when I don't have children (took me a while to figure that out, lol.)

Lav, I started taking B12 a few months ago. Hard to know if it's doing anything (under the tongue melting tablets), but think it's worth trying.
      I'ts always good to read of your gardening and handcraft work. Sounds like you're a very productive person, and yet you still find time to support people on here! :hug:

Wags, I hope your Dad continues to settle in at his new home. The home-made pizza would be a lovely touch. Also good that you were able to make him laugh with Mick's joke. Like you say, humour is important! Anything that brings joy is good - I played my Mum a lot of her favourite music when I visited her (CDs that is), most folk love to hear music.

I had coffee the other day with the one-and-only Ava! It was so good to see her again. That woman is a living legend! :happy2:

It's Friday night here, so wishing everyone a lovely, sober, weekend,
      Steady
      xoxo
      Last edited by STEADFAST; June 16, 2023, 01:29 AM.
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

hiya all.how are we doing today then?hope everyone is good .another hot day today I reckon ,I took piriton yesterday ,helped with the itching and swollen arm ,but it makes me real sleepy .They are definitely bites and not shingles,dont fancy that lot again .looking in the field behind the house yest .morning .saw a strange looking bird ...def not a local type .turns out it was an American Oystercatcher ..seriously a long way from home .it made me think ...and we think we are clever.Ive seen lots of different types here in the past ..its kind of like a tea stop for long haul.

good morning wags ,how are you doing today? hope your dad is ok .I agree...the world is a pretty serious place ..if we can chuck a few laughs in now and again then all the better .

hiya teegee,how are you today then? hope all is well with you.dont be shocked by the 96 year old ...age is a number as the old adage goes .I love Wales ,dont know why ,my own homeland is fantastic ,but for some reason I have an affinity for Cymru,the moutains ...and a Welsh Male voice choir is second to none ..here are 2 samples the traditional male and the combined ..absloutely fantastic music ...the scaling on the notes is unbelievable..listen to them and tell me your reaction .

hiya ppqp...how are you today then?hope all is well.Asparagus isa 10 year crop is it not? I remember having to wait a good few years to get on a field that was planted up ..we eventually did ...it was worth the wait .so the co ord is off next week ..just as a matter of interest ...is the boss too?now theres a good rumour mill.!!ha hahope you have a great weekend

hiya Lav ..how are you doing?hope all is good ...its crazy how much folk rely on booze ...I know I was one of them ,but now you look at telly ,you look at adverts programmes etc ..it seems like folk cant function ...or feel they cant function without it ..yes those 2 rabbits run this house ...

20230615_172826.jpg

20230615_171445.jpg

20230615_171702.jpg

Argyl only has little legs and cant reach his ears so she washes them for him.they are content ,and thats what matter to me .

hiya Kensho how is the trip doing?

right folks time to go ..will try and put some jokes up later
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Have a look..what do you see

Screenshot_20230616_141229_Facebook.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey all,
            I saw this and thought it may be of interest:

‘Almost still shines’: 3,-year-old sword unearthed in Germany | Germany | The Guardian
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good evening friends!

We had two brief rain showers this morning then the sun came out! We had severe storm warnings, even a tornado warning but it all went somewhere else. So that’s a good thing

PQ, kids have a way of stopping your heart - regardless of their age haha! Glad your son is cooking for you these days. I hope you can finish up your event Saturday before any thunderstorm roll in. The smoky air seems to return for half a day or so then moves out again, who knows?

Cyn, I’ve been taking that B12 supp for quite a few years now or I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
              I’ve noticed that both of us here are forgetting names of things & people a LOT lately. Could be a post covid thing with us too, hmm. I promised myself I wouldn’t get depressed or panicky about this stuff. What’s done is done, right? I think living as healthy as possible. & remaining positive is the best medicine

Wags, looks like I’m going to turn everyone into B12 junkies, haha! It’s a safe supplement to try & most find it helpful.
              Hope you have a great weekend!

Steady, thanks! I do keep myself pretty busy with gardens, chickens & embroidery. Keeps me on the straight & narrow & out of trouble.
              I wish I could have coffee with you & Ava & G someday, that would be cool.

Mick, I’m glad we don’t have to load up on booze before a weekend or holiday. Now it just seems like a colossal waste of money & I know our Scot’s blood doesn’t like that Lol. We have an asparagus bed here but it’s pretty old now & not producing a whole lot. I didn’t get any this spring then found out YB was snapping stalks off & eating them raw, haha.

Sam, good to see you & yes that’s an awesome looking 3,000 year old sword! We don’t find anything like that over here, do we?

Hello to Slo, Pie & anyone I’m missing.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Wags - OK you're on! We'll do the B12 experiment... I'm up for anything that might help my cognition. Actually, I stumbled on my own First Step: try to be thinking of just one thing at a time. Wow, is that hard. But I do remember stuff much better when I succeed (for about 10 seconds, LOL)

STeadfast - so great to hear from you... Australia! Wow, what an amazing community this is. We'll all compare b12 notes...

Mick - love the rabbit pics, so sweet. I'll listen to the links after I post this - looking forward to hearing them. So sorry that it's taking time for your bite swelling to lessen... that would be me - I'm pretty allergic... good luck -

Sam - so good to see you - how's everything going? Planting? Playing?

Lav - I agree about the booze - when I see them pushing grocery-carts full out to their car, I wonder if they looked at their receipts and add up the financial damage (in addition to the liver damage....). I wish this culture would be able to see AL for what it is... a neuro-toxin... but the powerful AL industry definitely doesn't want that word out on the street. I hope you are getting a little rest while accomplishing all your interesting tasks...

Hello PPQ - you must be knee-deep in setting up tomorrow's extravaganza. Hello also to SLO - how are you doing? Always so happy to see you here, no matter what. Hope you're not experiencing smoke - it is hitting the Midwest tonight...

Kensho - wishing you safe travels -

Hope I haven't forgot anyone - if so, apologies!

May we be well -
                TG

Comment

MAE everyone!

TG - ok, let's B12 together and see how it goes. Thinking of only one thing at a time... I'll have to try that!

Steady - great to see you

PQ - hope tomorrow's event goes smoothly and you all stay dry

Hellos and waves to Lav, Slo, Pie, Kensho, Mick, and everyone I've missed. Here comes the AF weekend!

Sam - hello and thanks for sharing the link
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

OK, Mick - that's it. I'm packing my bags and getting my plane ticket for Wales... those choirs!! (I never saw Simon stand for any performance?!) And in the second video, the WHOLE audience singing the Mae hen wlad... holy smokes. Thanks so much for sharing. Really lifted my spirits...
                    Cheers,
                    TG

Comment

I am experiencing the smoke now! The sunset was a red ball in the midst of haze on the horizon tonight, and the air smells like smoke.

I was driving home from D1’s house tonight -she was fried after a rough day with the three kids yesterday, especially with the baby sick; so she asked for some help today. It’s a one and a half hour drive to get there, but oh well. I was richly rewarded by getting to hold & rock baby Cooper a lot. Bliss!
                      (I am lucky, Steadfast!)

PQ, so cool to get to go out and pick wild asparagus. My condo neighbors have been telling stories like that of how things used to be; picking wild vegetables and berries along the roads, etc.

The condo neighbors that I bumped into at the Farmers Market are good friends with each other, and the two that I walk with sometimes are friends & roof mates (duplex condos) of each other. But still; if I tie in with them, then they function like the people at Curves did for you, Lav. Not friends exactly, but friendly acquaintances, anyways.

I picked strawberries yesterday with Young Daughter, ex-HB’s sister (the one with early-onset dementia), and her caregiver whom I’m friendly with. It was a nice day out on the farm! And I was able to bring lots of berries up for D1 and her family today, too.

Steady, lucky you to get to meet up with [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] in person!! She is a legend!

TG, not good news about your nephew I guess. Darn.
                      That’s an awful lot of lunches to pack with a skeleton crew! Hard to imagine.

My knee is not great. I get by fine though with twice daily pain gels, the soft brace, and not overdoing it. I made an appointment to get a second opinion on it with an orthopedic surgeon in July.

You can finally get your trip to Scotland in, Mick!
                      I’ll check out those videos tomorrow.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

MAE ALL...long day and a longer day to come. Thanks for the encouragement for tomorrow, it will be an early start for me. Will check in when all is said and done.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we doing today then? hope all is well ...guess what...we had rain this morning ...yup real wet stuff ...ok it wasnt a lot but just enough to bring out the earthy smell of the ground ..short post today Im running around like a loony today ,Julie is off to see her dad ,then her nephews girlfriends hen do ,whilst her other nephews wife is being induced today ...and we go away in the morning .I still had time to watch Trooping of the Colour.Rabbits have just gone to their hotel.

Hiya Slo how are you doing today then?hope all is well ...sounds like you have your hands full there ...Berry picking eh? Slo berries ?ok ok I ll get my coat ..have a good weekend

hiya ppqp...how are you today then best of luck and hope everything goes ok .

Hiya Wags...lets B12 ? nah that was too young ..lets B16 again ...hope your dad is ok .have a great weekend ..

hiya teegee ...I thought you would like that .you are very welcome .We are off to the land of the red dragon in the morning ..you have a good one .

hiya Lav how are you doing? hope all is good with you .Like you I sure Im glad we dont slurp falling down juice any more ..In the cold light of day you think now ...what was that all about..thin k of it ..get all dressed up ..out you go ,take a load of booze on board ,starting talking broken biscuits language and thats it ..wake up in the morning ,tongue cleaning the carpet heads thumping as if the bands are paying in it ..you feel lousy ...find out you have spent a fortune on the previous night ..on what you cant remember,then someone says to you ..remember that last night? you need inanely with a daft grin whilst head is still banging,you feel you could drink half the gulf of mexico,taken so many Advil they send a rep round to see if you want shares in the company ....and then repeat after me ...thats it never again ..I mean it this time . Until next weekend .Nah not for me.you have a good weekend ..

hiya Sam great to see you... hope all is well. thats a cracking sword ..in decent condition too ....if you look at the shape of it it was the precursor to the Roman Gladius .nowadays we think we are so clever ,but in effect when you look at what the previous civilisations did they were pretty clever .

hiya Steadfast ...great to see you ..and welcome .so you know Ava do you .She is as mad as a box of frogs ,we chat quite often ...I rate her very highly ..hope to see a lot more of you here ,

right folks time to go ...tomorrow Ill be on the road ,and then using my phone so apologies now for any speling miss takes that mite hapin..

What falls, but never needs a bandage? The rain.
                          I was going to tell you a joke about boxing but I forgot the punch line.
                          I'm not a fan of spring cleaning. Let's be honest, I'm not into summer, fall, or winter cleaning either.
                          Why did the egg hide? It was a little chicken.
                          What did the dirt say to the rain? If you keep this up, my name will be mud!
                          Why couldn't the sunflower ride its bike? It lost its petals.
                          What's an egg's favorite vacation spot? New Yolk City.
                          I ate a sock yesterday. It was very time-consuming.
                          What kind of candy do astronauts like? Mars bars.
                          I wanted to buy some camo pants but couldn't find any.

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.
                          What month is the shortest of the year? May, it only has three letters.
                          What did the snail who was riding on the turtle's back say? Wheeeee!
                          I was going to tell a time traveling joke, but you guys didn't like it.
                          What do you call a lazy kangaroo? A pouch potato.
                          I used to run a dating service for chickens, but I was struggling to make hens meet.
                          Why do we tell actors to "break a leg?" Because every play has a cast.
                          What does a pig put on dry skin? Oinkment.
                          What do you call it when a snowman throws a tantrum? A meltdown.
                          My uncle named his dogs Timex and Rolex. They're his watch dogs.
                          Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off? He's all right now.
                          How do you open a banana? With a mon-key.

Who needs a wife anyway?
                          How difficult can it be to boil toast?

I saw 2 guys wearing matching clothing and asked if they were gay.
                          They quickly arrested me.

353063885_648353520655297_947918181885889208_n.jpg

348634368_2705532819601637_2003871175348932838_n.jpg

351139580_822560295868045_5939064125559978999_n.jpg

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Pretty nice today, sunny & 78 for the high temp. Can’t complain about that

Cyn, I hope you find the mental clarity you’re looking for with the B12, sure helps me. As far as the thinking about one thing at a time suggestion I think mediation techniques have helped me with that. Practice by taking a minute or two to focus on your breathing, nothing else. It’s a good way to get the monkey mind to shut the hell up, haha. I turned my attention to developing a new idea for embroidered pillows today for the upcoming craft fair. Got the first one stitched up & I’m happy with that.

Wags, hope your weekend has been good to you so far!

Slo, it’s good to be busy but especially nice to spend time with the littles. I’ve been picking strawberries & blueberries daily from our garden. I’m throwing the strawberries in my vegan protein drink for lunch & the blueberries are mostly being frozen for now. We have blueberries ling one side of the driveway so we get LOTS haha. I hope the new Ortho can give you some help for your poor knee. Sorry it’s such a struggle.
                            Don’t stay out in the smoky air for too long, it irritates your eyes & throat,

PQ, I’ve been thinking about you all day

Mick, I think we should all B 16 again, haha! Maybe we would make better choices the 2nd time around.
                            I love the New Yolk City line haha!!
                            I hope your trip is wonderful & the good weather follows you everywhere you go.

Pie, I’ve been hearing about the excessive heat in TX for several days & now tornado damage. I hope you’re in a safe place, thinking of you!

Hello to the rest of the crew. I just remembered I forgot to collect eggs today - oops!
                            Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well, PQ must be “toast” today after her long day at the community-wide event.

You had a burst of creativity and came up with a new pillow design, Lav! That’s fun. Glad it turned out.
                              Your home-grown strawberries must be delicious! And lots & lots of blueberries. My daughters are always throwing blueberries at their babies to eat. They would love to have all of those right in the yard.
                              The smoke isn’t too bad here. Not like you had. Maybe level Tangerine!

Julie is awfully busy for the day right before departure time, Mick! Slo berries?! Maybe they’re like poke berries. The Welsh choir on Britain’s Got Talent was fabulous.

Had a fine but uneventful day. Beautiful weather.
                              Tomorrow I’m traveling to my dad’s grave with my cousin, and then getting together with long-lost relatives.

Hi Pie, Sam, TG, Steadfast, and everyone. We’re down here, [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION]!
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                              X