Monday, 25 June 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, 25 June 2007

Paddy - I heard from Macks. He's doing fine but felt he was spending far too much time on the Boards. He just wants to spend more time with Lisa and his lovely kids. I miss him but totally understand. The Mackerals often cross my mind.

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Hola Padme-welcome back! Glad to hear you survived & had a good time. I, too, am comparing but to last summer to this summer.

Hi bak-sometimes we find some good in tragedy. Good luck with your journey Beth.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Beth, I'm wishing you some luck and also sending you some positive AF vibes. Breez is right; finding some good in tragedy. I think your niece would find great comfort and vice versa for allowing her good ways to have a great influence on you and your life from here. It could be a way of honoring her. So welcome aboard here and I hope you find as much happiness as what I've found just from being consistently sober.

Breez, you are great! In all honesty, I think alcohol really knocks about a persons self esteem so becoming sober is a great time to feel mighty good about ourselves and make up for all those beatings we gave ourselves. So Breez... You are cool baby, and a fabulous role model for myself and for others.

Tuesday morning here and I have a massive day ahead of me but at least I'm working from my own home-office today and I am paying a friend AU$20 (US$15 or 8 English pounds) an hour to come in and help me get through these piles of work. Do you think that's a reasonable hourly rate for data entry and reconciliation type work?

Have a fab day all!

Lots of love
        Bernie
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Bernie~more than enough. Sounds reasonable to me.
          Funny you're starting your day and it's 6:30 in the evening (monday) here. Have a good day! Keep it simple with some sunshine sprinkles! LOL-ok that was weird. Have a good one!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Scooby,

You are spot on about us feeling "mighty good about ourselves" I like that alot. I'm feeling better each day. Don't know how long it will continue but right now I'm happy, and for me that's rare.

Oh and ?8.00 is very reasonable to pay your friend, especially if it tax free LOL. I would gladly give you a hand at that rate.

Kitty
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
            Confucius

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Evening everyone! Seems lots of people are having a pretty good Monday.
              beth....special welcome to you - all you can do is start and you've done that.
              Just have to do it today- worry about tomorrow another time.

Scoobs - I like that being cool idea too. I'm feeling better all the time when I say -'nah,but thanks anyway I really don't drink, but you go ahead' Very cool

Kathy...I did indeed call my gentleman back...thanks to scoobs I have my very own thread with the details Can't wait for you to start on this dating thing too.. Kinda feel like I need to do that lamaze breathing thing ...I'll be ok

thanks for the Macks/Lisa update Tawny...I was thinking of them just recently too.
              Well, heading to bed..good night some...morning everyone else !
              :l
              Lisa

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Hi Beth, it's nice to see you here. I am definitely wishing you luck. I think that sometimes facing death can give you courage in a weird way, too. Lindsay was fabulous, but I think you are pretty cool, too, and maybe you will internalize some of her strength. Anyway, the important thing is to keep trying.

My day ended up being crazy, but not in the way I had thought. I was running so late for my first client, and phoned her on the way, only to have her no-show. When I got to work, though, my "check engine" light came on. Panic time! Anyway, I was able to get my car into the shop, and it just turned out to be the catalytic converter and nothing to worry about until my next emissions inspection comes up, but then it will be a whammy. But it was time to get a big service job and my front brakes done too, so that was a big hit in the wallet--almost $700! :boohoo: Ouch! The really great thing is that it wasn't until I got the car and got home that I realized that I hadn't thought about drinking to relieve the "stress" once. I just coped with it. So that was the silver lining in the whole thing. Worrying about $$$ is a MAJOR trigger for me. So I felt proud!

Anyway, I'm off to bed to read a good book. I'm pooped!

Love to all,:l

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

Thanks for the update, Tawns!
                  Paddy
                  Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Monday, 25 June 2007

yowsa! banner day for the AB-erooos today. Late check in here for garlic breath.
                    first day back at work and still recovering. soooo drained right now and finally getting my appetitie back. so glad to hear of the success stories and great AF plans from so many of you crazy cats n kitties. gotta make some din din. Be well everyone
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X