Attention: Old Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I'm sticking my neck out here in a great way. I thought that I had renewed my subscription, but apparently had not and am no longer accessible to subscriber sites.

That in itself is not a difficult problem, but I suddenly realized I was reluctant to renew because our General Discussion site has become a tabloid site with some people who are posting drunk often. I'm not saying that we haven't all done that from time to time, but we came to the site with an honest intention to improve our drinking habits. The site is all about downloading the book, listening to the CD's taking the supps, etc. IT IS WHAT STARTED THIS SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM. It is not about listening to another's drunk story and encouraging and supporting the drinking. Thes site is about supporting people who truly have an intent to stop drinking and then if we fail, our members support us and lift us up, lovely and loving people.

I will speak for me personally and say that reading posts of people who are drunk and those that are participating in the drunkalogues serves no purpose for the people here who are serious about limiting their alcohol intake through the MWO program and the ones who choose to abstain and receive support from our wonderful members.

Many of our old timers are absent from the site, and if they feel like I do, I can see why.
    Come on old timers, let's reclaim our site.
    Enlightened by MWO

I GUESS THAT MEANS ME ? sorry, sorry im not an OLD TIMER sorry my head is up my arse, an sorry 4 takin your site, u have no ideahow serious i am, u have no clue,
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Dear Skendall

I do believe this site is for ALL it is not a site to reclaim it is not anyones and whether posting drunk or otherwise we are all here for the same reason on different levels of are journey whether starting out or abstinent!!!!!!!!

Rachel dont apologize you have nothing to apologize for we have all been where you are right now no bodys better than anyone here so keep posting your feelings and you will continue to get support !!!!!!

Luv Keepon:h

Comment

thanks keep on , but mayb id better wait to post , just done my head right in, drs appointment at 10,40, so u never know, i may stop posting drunk, when u r drunk 19/20 hrs a day quite hard to post sober, that was y i joined, not to piss any 1 off , xx

Comment

skendall, after my results i ll not post any more , if it really offends u, never my intention, u just reinforced what a bloody waste a space i am, so hope u an all continue with your sucess an wish u all the best,

Comment

Rachel you are not a waste of space you have a lot and I mean a lot of friends on here that admire and worry about you YOU INSPIRE ME!!!!! Dont you go no where otherwise they will be alot of upset people around here you can do this you come this far !!!!!

Luv Keepon:boxer:

Comment

Dear Hilary,

I understand your feelings about drunkalogues. But, hey, it's often they way we start. And who are we to judge? And whose is this site to reclaim? It's a bit similar to a support clinic or hospital, if you like. You go there, get help. And give help to others if you wish, so. And it makes you feel good. At least, it does so to me.

And in times of relapse, it helps me to deal with my situation in a more realistic fashion, in an environment of people who care and who are in the exact same situation or have been there before. Without judging.

So why judge now? Or reclaim what is not ours to reclaim?

And Rachel, you're not a waste of space. Frankly, we're all here to support each other. Stick around. This will pass, too. And, that's all I have to say.
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

QUOTE:' no-one will ever judge you here'

Dont seem that way to me right now I am pi@@@@sed off !!!!

Because of the way Rachel has been made to feel !!!!!!!!

And this will probably deter people from posting there true feelings :sigh: :durn: oke:

Comment

I have sat in AA meetings with people who were paralytic,nobody ever asked them to
                  leave,it was always "keep coming back" there but for the grace of god go I. I'm not
                  quite sure what you mean Skendall, is it the subscriber sites your referring to? I subscribe
                  but don't use that site very often, as I feel like an outsider, it seems rather like an elitist
                  club. I will continue to subscribe because I have had so much help and support, from
                  some amazing folks not least RJ.
                  Rachel I don't think any criticism was aimed at you, this site is for every one. I am looking
                  foreward to seeing you get well, so don't leave us.xx

Comment

All in this together!!!!

Way I see it, this site has been very kindly made available by RJ for everyone : oldies, newbies and all those hopefully yet to come.

We have all done stupid, crazy, irresponsible things when drunk which we deeply regret, but we did those things nonetheless.

I vote that we continue giving Rachel28 as much support as we possibly can..........we may well be this girl`s life-line. She is too far gone, and physically dependant to just quit, or even cut down for that matter without medication. Yes, Rachel is still drinking much the same, but she truly does want to stop and has actively sought help from her doc.........we will be updated on that this afternoon when she learns the results of her blood tests and which medication her doc. decides to prescribe.

My heart goes out to her. She always berates herself in her posts, whereas she is caring, intelligent, witty and funny. She is also one very sick girl. We must surely play our part in helping her to recover.

Starlight Impress

Comment

I endorse everything you have voiced Starlight.
                      luc
                      Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

I am not going to take sides here, but, surely this is an open forum, and yes, there are certain rules which we all try to obey, but, from reading Hilary's post all she was doing was voicing her concerns, surely she can do that !! I don't think it was a personal attack on anyone in particular..

I think she was just showing her concern for the forum in general...

Having said that, of course it goes without saying that Rachel will continue to be supported on here for as long as she wants, and Rachel, please don't go anywhere, for now this is your safe harbour..

Louise xx
                        A F F L..
                        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

I do so agree with you starlight. This site has been my life line over the past months
                          if I want some one to judge me or not understand me, I know where to look, when
                          want some kindness and empathy I come here.Paula.

Comment

SK was talking about the SUBSCRIBERS forum, not this one. So stop this crap ok!
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Does that make a difference its still wrong to judge people

Comment

Working...
                              X