Attention: Old Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skendall I do thank you for bringing up the topic. I think it brought out a lot of good conversation and ended up showing us all that in the end we are here for the same reason. We have a drinking problem that we need to get under control one way or another. We each take a different path on our journey but we all come to the same place for support.
    You all are much more well versed than I am and I have enjoyed reading your posts I really can't add much more but again thanks SKendall and Rachel we do want you to get better and we are here for you.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

you know what is great about this thread skendall is that you can start a new thread. especially because of the 500 posts from drunken folks that is really upsetting. and especially because of all the folks that have pmd that support your view so strongly as you say that don't want to be named. i think it is a perfect opportunity on the subscription channel to start a new thread for something you want to do that is clean of all the things you don't want to see. sounds cool don't you think? then you and the folks who pmd that support your view win. love how cyberspace works. and sorry to say i couldn't find a breathalizer for my computer. but i think it is a hugely great idea. i mean how many folks actually make the mistake out there of emailing while influenced? hummmm. yep. i think i am definitely on to something. smiles
      :welcome:

Comment

Thanks Skendall, you gave everybody an opportunity to air their views, took no offence
        I have great respect for you, and after a great deal of thought agree with much ,not all
        of what you said.
        Best wishes. Paula.

Comment

The wisdom and thoughtfulness of this place never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you all.

Comment

popeye, i've missed you. where the hell have you been? and congrats by the way cuz someone said you had like 90 days. wahoooooo. okay time to kill myself on a bike ride. and i t
            :welcome:

Comment

Hey barbie,
              90+ now.
              Be careful on that bike...

Comment

Upstart !

Unbelievable, I had to check I really was on MWO!

"We are not here to listen to another drunk's story" - Well I am!
                " We encourage and support drinking" - I don't think so!

Who here gave you SK the authority to decide on what is appropriate posting? I certainly missed that vote. How on earth can you deem yourself suitable to judge whether Rachel "Truly has an intent to stop drinking" or not? How dare you! You certainly do "Speak for yourself" I reiterate the fact that if you don't like a thread or a post then distance yourself from it, especially when you can clearly see that others are relating and responding. There are many, many other posts where your personal views are welcome I'm sure, there are also many, many other posts that again to quote you "serve no purpose", what you mean by purpose I guess is anything that you personally are interested in!

"Let's reclaim our site" - unspeakably derogatory.

Wherever Rachel is tonight but for the Grace of God Go I, and may I remind you SK - but for the Grace of God go YOU also!

You SK picked on Rachel, clearly a messed up young lady crying our for help, as you counted, she has posted 500 times which bothered you in some way, to me this is a cry for help. Again, who voted you post monitor? Some weeks I post many times, other I don't post at all - is this okay with your
                rules?

Yes I agree with you that Rachel needs professional help, which she herself clearly states in her posts. Again you have deemed yourself judge and jury on that one. Yes you of course are entitled to your opinion as we all are, on this occasion I find your opinion to be bullying
                , yes bullying one particular member who is, apart from being clearly in need of support is a young lady inexperienced in the ways of the World in general.

This was a personal attack on a vulnerable new (ish) member. Being an 'old timer/regular member' does not make you worldly wise with all the answers so please don't think so.

Perhaps SK you could think about setting up a site yourself where your opinion would become rules for all your followers!? Count me out. Also PM's are exactly what they are - private messages, perhaps people felt sorry for you? I can only think that you are not very well just now as I really don't see that any member of MWO would get support for such a disgusting thread.

Bootcamp: Loved your breathaliser attached to pc comment, what a thought eh! LOL. Also the poster pissed the moster - tee hee, ahhermmm.....

Tea
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Laugh Out Loud Rachel

LOL, your PM basket is so full Rachel that it won't accept any more until you empty them. Respect to you my dear.

Lorna xx

Comment

Hi Tea I completely agree with what you have just wrote since this thread started Ive not sent any posts or replys apart from this one!!!!

It just goes to show there's bitchyness and know- it- alls wherever you go!!!!!!

And Ive noticed Rachels not been around today ????????? oh i wonder why NOT!!!!!!

So from now on im just gonna be a silent member just in case I post too much or step on the old timers toes

Comment

Let's please end this before it gets ugly. Opinions were expressed which are allowed here, and all opinions are welcome.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Exactly

Exactly ...... and exactly why will keep banging this one up! My opinion is as worthwhile as anyone's here.

Lx

Comment

Working...
                        X