Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 June 2007

G'day Absville

Well, you're ready for the weekend? After a Friday of drama ;-) Thanks again Hilary, for handling the issue you raised in the most professional manner. But also thanks Rachel for your understanding. We're all here to help each other, but help/advice has to be accepted at some point for it to come to fruition.

The hardest part with websites is that we don't know each others personally, so comments made can easily spill over into drama. Also coming from different cultures can contribute to misunderstandings. Some of us are a bit more straightforward in our word choice, and that can upset others. But I guess, bottom line, we're all here for the same purpose - the one to rid ourselves of the booze (for some), to moderate successfully for others. But most of all, to mutually respect each others and our others opinions (and freedom of speech, as Louise pointed out yesterday).

Anyway, I'm off teaching my deaf class this morning (they never listen, grin ... ;-)) Hope you have a good weekend. Today is my 8th day AF! What great new freedom.

By the way, does anyone know where to get this great footer from? You know the one that indicates the days you've been AF with hours and seconds? Also how to add it to your signature?

Hugs,
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

30 June 2007

Good job Paddy.:goodjob:

As I've always said if you fall 10 times, get up 11 times. You are an inspiration. How are the wedding plans going?:h
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

30 June 2007

Hi Paddy-I'm just about to go to bed (Fri. night) & LOL @ your deaf comment. You bad.

oh, I found the thread that started that ticker suggestion. Check out the counter Good luck with it (some people had probs) & congrats on 8 days!

Hi SK!

Night, night...see ya' in th morn.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

30 June 2007

Wedding plans are going fine. What originally was a list of 60 invitees, ended up to as 100, thanks to my fianc?es family (she's Spanish, grin...). From my family, only mum and dad are coming. The rest, I don't even bother to invite. Haven't spoken to them in years, so why invite them now, just to be backstabbed later ;-) Funny lot we are, grin ...

The problem is that most preparing work is done by distance. My paper work is quite easy to get done, but hers is more difficult, despite her also being an EU citizen. But some of the Mediterranean countries are still a bit more bureaucratic than others, and lazy ;-)

Thanks for asking. And thanks Hilary, your posts are great, too. I'm sorry you had to go through a bit of a rough spot yesterday.

Thanks Breeze for the website reference. Catch ya in the morning. Just back from the deaf class. They're a fun lot. Boy they talked me under the table! Sometimes, I have to ask them to slow down as my signing is still not that good. And they mix Vietnamese sign language with ASL.
        Paddy

Comment

30 June 2007

Wedding plans are going fine. What originally was a list of 60 invitees, ended up to as 100, thanks to my fianc?es family (she's Spanish, grin...). From my family, only mum and dad are coming. The rest, I don't even bother to invite. Haven't spoken to them in years, so why invite them now, just to be backstabbed later ;-) Funny lot we are, grin ...

The problem is that most preparing work is done by distance. My paper work is quite easy to get done, but hers is more difficult, despite her also being an EU citizen. But some of the Mediterranean countries are still a bit more bureaucratic than others, and lazy ;-)

Thanks for asking.

Thanks Breeze for the website reference. Catch ya in the morning. Just back from the deaf class. They're a fun lot. Boy they talked me under the table! Sometimes, I have to ask them to slow down as my signing is still not that good. And they mix Vietnamese sign language with ASL.
          Paddy

Comment

30 June 2007

Hi All

Hi Everyone :new:

All of the stories I have read are really great, more importantly, honest.

I would love any information on Topamax. I plan to start taking it next week and I understand different people are going to have different side effects. However, some of what I have read does give me apprehension about starting the medication. I was on naltrexone for several weeks, but didn't have much success with it after about a week or so. I'm not just looking for a magic pill, but do want something to help with the cravings. I am hoping topamax helps with wanting the fifth, sixth, seventh...etc, drink.
            Also, it seems doseage is very important as well. I know my doctor will only give me what he thinks is appropriate but what has worked for you?

Thanks!

Comment

30 June 2007

Hi SonnyBear and :welcome:

As I'm not on it, I can't help you with the topa question but I'm certain others will join in soon and give you their account.

Saw you briefly in 'chat' and look forward to seeing you around the Boards.

Comment

30 June 2007

Welcome SonyBear,

Like tawnyfrog, I don't take topa so can't help on that one - sorry your first two replies are negative, but others will come along to help you. I rely on the supplements, which I find to be of great help - they work for me.

Goodluck SonyBear - happy times.

luc
                Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

30 June 2007

Hi Tawnyfrog and Luc,

Thanks for getting back to me! It's always hard starting out and sometimes you don't know where to begin. I accidently jumped in the chat and wasn't quite ready...

Comment

30 June 2007

Sonnybear ... Totally understand. I remember the first time I went into chat ...... Scary! :wow:

It does get easier. Promise.

Comment

30 June 2007

Good morning all - Saturday morning and feeling very good so far - this is day 3 of my planned month of no booze - baby steps I know, but hey ho, got to start somewhere. I am going to try to buy some Kudzu and some of the glutamine thingy stuff today. Saturday night and Sunday are bad temptation days for me so maybe I need some ammunition to shoot down the demon! Have a good day everyone wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

All the best!:thanks:

Comment

30 June 2007

Hi all,

Paddy well done on day 8, I like your deaf joke too lol.

:welcome: Sonny, and LOTSW good going on your 3 days.

Day 13 for me today, been up at the crack of dawn with my new kitten who is barmy. He's a bundle of fun and just plays all the time. He's wonderful company.

The weather is still miserable here, there are even special progs on the TV about the floods. A farmer by my mum's house has a field full of wading Herons looking for fish and Swans swimming about.

I am glad I moved out of London right now, the recent discoveries of 2 car Bombs in London is very scary. I used to work about 50 meters from the first car they found and I know I would have had a nightmare of a weekend at my old job.

Have a great Saturday everyone,

Kitty
                        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                        Confucius

Comment

30 June 2007

G'day Kitty

Us here actually wondering whether the UK government is just playing a trick on the population on being vigilant. Particularly because G Brown had his eye on policies other than terrorism ... So secret service just wanted to remind him to get his mind on whatever they wanted him to get him to concentrate on ... Trust no one, really ... After all, none of the two bombs went off. And that to me is really a bit too much of a coincidence ...
                          And the way the media is used nowadays to mislead the lot of us ...

Anyway, just my 2 cents, but I just don't trust anymore what they serve us on the news ...
                          Paddy

Comment

30 June 2007

And Luc, get yourself an avatar. You scare me ;-)))) It's like those two big eyes will at any moments jump out at you from behind the door at shout: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!:H :H
                            C'est vrai, non?
                            Paddy

Comment

30 June 2007

Paddy you know what, I said the exact same thing to my boyfriend last night, but people always think I'm barmy.

I am a big conspiracy theorist and it wouldn't suprise me. I can't belive quite how inept a terrorist would have to be to cock something up so bad. You just can't get away with leaving cars on that street. I've called the police myself once when we had one outside.

And considering it happeded at 2.00am it took 12 hours to remove the car, in daylight with a tow van with it's sides down, just for extra media effect! The more I think about it the more I think it was a setup.

Still puts you on edge though, I had a friend in the Admiral Duncan bombing who narrowly escaped and after 7/7 I was always a bit wary of the buses.

Kitty
                              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                              Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X