Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday November 8th

Good morning Modsters!

AF last night for the first time in a bit. My hubbie kept asking why I was hyper (around the witching hour) and I didn't want to tell him it was because we weren't having a drink. I had told him I wanted a couple of AF nights and so last night he simply said he didn't want a drink, which kindof forced my hand...

It felt great to wake up clear headed although with my joint issues I still did not sleep well. Better tired than fuzzy though. Planning to work more AF in here and there.

Spent yesterday making tons of homemade chicken broth to freeze. It is so much better than the canned stuff.

What is everyone up to today?

Thursday November 8th

good job

Good morning everyone, and hope you are all fairing well today!

Ducky, good job, yeah, it feels good to wake up w/ a clear head and all. I get physically ill when I drink too much too, like my back hurts really bad and stuff, don't know, maybe that is what is causing your joint pain?? I have researched and too much alcohol acts as an inflammatory which causes joint pain. That is probably why I am feeling so much better today! Day 5 for me, but intend to have a few beers tomorrow night, then back AF hopefully on Sunday.........weekends are tough for me to stay AF, but if I can moderate I feel REALLY good about myself!

I have a nice morning here at work seeing a patient at 9, he will have lots of procedures done, so the visit will be about 2 hours long.......my favorite part of my job is seeing my patients, I love working w/ people! All the rest is paperwork, yuck!

Anyway, that was just my 2-cents worth on the joint pain Ducky, congrats on last night!:goodjob:

Love ya!:h
    MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Thursday November 8th

Good Morning everyone doctors appointment today yuk!!! Be back later to check in.

Sammys

Comment

Thursday November 8th

Hi MA and Sammys,

MA, the joint pain is from fibromyalgia. However, the less I drink the better I can cope with it. Of course the less I drink the better I can cope with life I suppose.

Enjoy your patients!

Comment

Thursday November 8th

Ducky, what are you taking for your fibromyalgia, if you don't mind my asking?
          I'm still trying.
          I have a doctor app't too. He's getting older and I'm afraid he'll retire soon and I'll have to find a new doctor... a younger one. And I'm just to old to start having a young puppy looking down there.
          Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Thursday November 8th

Well I just got diagnosed recently with fibro, which is an autoimmune disease for anyone who doesn't know. Fatigue, joint pain, lots of PITA symptoms. The standard treatment seems to be antidepressants like cymbalta for depression and pain, and also some pain meds if necessary. I have chosen to not use any medicine at this point. I can manage the symptoms through exercise and lifestyle, and am not willing to take meds long term unless I can't handle it any more. I am running (slow), doing other cardio, pilates, strength training, etc. I hope to have at least another 40 years on this planet so I am trying the natural solutions. I have also tried acupuncture which was somewhat helpful.

As I type this out, I am wondering if you are talking about fibroids Bean? Funny, I also have them but they are small so just watching.

Comment

Thursday November 8th

Morning All! Ducky-the homemade broth sounds fantastic! The fibro, not so. But it sounds as if you are working with it quite intensively. Good for you on the AF.
              Cowgal, thanks for the info in the inflammatory. I had long suspected that. Several friends had mentioned joint aches after drinking, but I have only recently begun noticing it myself if I have gone over my limit.
              Sammys-hope all is well with the doc. Not my favorite way to spend the day either.
              CaptJbean-hope all goes well with your doc visit too. I hate when docs move or retire. Mine just recently moved to the other coast, and I have to find a new one. Bleh.
              I had 2 small bottles last night(the kind with 1 glass in them) so I had 2 glasses of white. I read a little bit and went to bed early. Stupid cramps.
              Hope all else have a great day, and look forward to hearing from you!
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Thursday November 8th

Hi Ya'll just a quik check in to say! Got another day off!

Hope everybody's having a great day!

Hubby wants the puter...

:l :l
                Catch ya later.
                Judie
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                X