WEIGHT.. ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEIGHT.. ....

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG IT TAKES BEFORE YOU CAN SEE A DIFFRENCE IN THE WEIGHT... ??? THANKS IN ADVANCE

WEIGHT.. ....

just discouraged.. cause I have heard from a lot of people. that besides the fact they feel better af.. they also are feeling great about weight loss. which I haven'T really experienced.. just not feeling as bloated.. so
    .. if anyone can help with that.. it would only be a nice plus...

thanking you in advance..

Comment

WEIGHT.. ....

Akinna, I for one didn't lose weight when I stopped drinking, because alcohol kept my apetite at bay ........ so when I cut down my drinking my eating increased .........

Sorry that you haven't had much response ......

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

WEIGHT.. ....

Sorry Akinna but as BB i also have not lost weight due to eating more,although I feel staying AF more important than my weight at the moment,but that said i know what you mean about the bloating...i weigh the same but am no longer bloated...keep up the good work and dont worry about your weight just now
        Jacqui xxx
        Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

WEIGHT.. ....

Hi Akinna

I didn't notice any loss for at least 30 days because I was stuffing myself with sugar. Then I drank a bit for a week, then started AF again.....second time round I also kept the sugar low (weaned myself off chocolate etc) and then I lost about 8lbs over the next month or so........

Keep focussed on eating well and doing a bit of exercise.....and just keep going.....if you need to lose weight it will happen eventually - but you have to clean up your diet too!

Good Luck

Suze x
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

WEIGHT.. ....

I agree with Suze - make sure you're eating well.
            Many people crave more sugar and simple carbs when they quit the alcohol, so if you've been eating more of those you're not going to lose weight.

Focus on a healthy diet rich in lean proteins and fresh veggies. And hopefully as you carry on with AF and a good diet you'll have the energy and motivation to exercise. OH - and make sure you take your supplements!!
            (I haven't had much experience myself with losing weight going AF, but then I haven't been AF for an extended period YET. But now I'm on day 3 of a LONG wagon ride, and fully expect to begin shedding the pounds)
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

WEIGHT.. ....

Akinna...don't forget to look in the Holistic Healing and Recipe Corner threads....there are lots of ideas about food, supplements there that can give you some ideas about how nutrition fits into the picture.

My experience is that the whole idea of stopping or controlling drinking alcohol really requires a very deep look into all aspects of your life, not just whether you drink or not.....It's about your real self, your real life and what you truly want.....it's a big subject! That may be too much to handle at the beginning, and you may just want to concentrate on sorting out the alcohol - and that's excellent. Just have a think about what you actually eat......are you overdoing the sugar to compensate for the missing alcohol?

Keep going......check in here often to encourage yourself!

Suze x
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
              X