Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 10th

OK Modsters, let's get going!

I had one of my martini's (large) last night, which usually concludes with me pouring just a bit more while I cook. I DID NOT!!! I think something might be happening to me! Granted, if I told you how many ounces you would realize it is stretching mods....but I am drinking less these days. AF or wine with dinner tonight. Hart, I was planning on AF but now hubbie is home and I am making a special shrimp dinner so not sure.

How are you all?

Jan 10th

good morning

Hey there !!! Ducky, sounds like one of my vodka drinks...........mostly vodka, little bit of mixer.........much better these days though, did have a few over the Christmas holidays before I went to hospital, love them........... Can you tell you are making me thirsty (Just joking!:H ) I am on an AF stretch, but may end up having some Sake w/ my sushi tonight, since we have dinner w/ father-in-law and he drinks like a fish (hubby trying to help me go AF Mon-Thurs, which has been extremely helpful!)

Where is everyone?? only 3 people yesterday! WOW..........Maybe they are all at work doing their jobs (Unlike me, goofing off!! ) Guess I just have it too easy still, it will get busy again soon, hopefully........

Hope everyone is doing well, and I will check back later.............

Love you guys!!!:l :h

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Jan 10th

hello my friends. Just had a mammogram (I hate that sh#$#$t).
      I actually had an interesting experience last night. after being sick AF and at home for the last 7 days.
      I decided to go to my local restaurant bar to have dinner and I thought why not a glass of wine. I was eating and sipping my wine and 2 ladies who were pretty drunk walked in and sat next to me.
      they were drinking double martinis and I just watched them as I was eating and staring at my half full wine glass. They kept throwing those drinks back like crazy and talking to everyone and being loud and I guess they thought they were being funny.
      Then they proceeded to buy tequila shots for everyone in the house, I said no, just got over a bad cold (sooo unlike me, I would have been all over that tequila). think they ordered about 3 rounds the whole place was drunk, I just had some H2O, payed my bill and left.
      it felt totally normal, like nothing, no effort trying to hold back.
      I am very proud of myself. like a little kid.

Trix
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Jan 10th

What fabulously motivating accounts today. :goodjob:

I too am feeling good today. I had a professional meeting with an adviser that I have met twice before. He commented on how much more at ease and confident I seemed than the previous times we met.

The result of not being blathered!!!

I didn't tell him that!
        Enough is enough

Comment

Jan 10th

Very inspirational threads indeed!:goodjob:

I've had the past few days off from work & been in "hormonal Hell"... plus bad weather Blues... So needless to say the combo has been a constant struggle for me to not overdue things...Hanging in there... But I have been better.

Right now Hubby's working on my truck... the continuing saga...It all started when I took it to his A-hole "friend" who's supposedly a decent mechanic, (this was back in August! )since then I've found out all kinds of other sh*t about the SOB... and wish I'd never taken it there at ALL!
          Anyway...still dealing with after effects from that...:upset:

Makes me sick to see my truck torn apart, YET again! At least it's not summer time! And I'm not missing out on kayaking...
          Just wish I'd taken it to a regular shop to start with. it would've cost more..but has been going on for 6 mo! Now Hubby's working on it & I'm getting nervous watching....he gets frustrated & mad...If I had taken it somewhere else, Hubby would be insulted... he says it's something he can take care of himself. It's not looking good right now...
          My poor truck is never going to be the same.
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Jan 10th

Trixie, that sounds like the perfect evening! Judie, sorry about your truck, I'm sure she will pull through just fine...don't worry.

I have been working and just being a mom....so, I basically have two full time jobs!

Love you all...be well...
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Jan 10th

Checking in and love you all too
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Jan 10th

I don't know how you working Moms do it.
                I had the day off today, and I burned a grilled cheez, just between going back & forth between the computer & eliptical...
                Guess I wasn't really that hungry...sure smelled up the house though..OMG!:H

Truck is running again! Still squeeking,...but not as bad...
                Hubby actually cut bolts off! Because they wouldn't come loose. I hate to see that kind of thing...just kinda seems like amputating part of my truck...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Jan 10th

I didn't drink last nite. If I had I would have been interrupting someone a lot. I COULD NOT GET OFF THE PHONE! One person I called, and that actually was a brief call, but my gf had big crisis was on the phone w/her over two hours!!! My hubby was soooo patient. Then I get off and our one good tenant calls. He's the one in jail, they call collect. LOL. Long story, anyway, took two sleeping pills and went to bed. It's been 4 days AF but am going to drink tonite. Hopefully not to excess but not making any promises. It's been a very weird week!!! Who knows, maybe the roof will cave in and I won't drink.

I think with tweaking my anti-depressants, which I have a dr. apptmt next week, I will do better. I hate this damn heavy, the world is blah feeling. It's not what I'm usually like and it goes from making me feel dejected to pissing me off!

So, next week will be even better. I don't care if I'm AF, if I don't enjoy life. I want it all!!!!!:durn:

Comment

Working...
                  X