Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, A head above water....

Hey Modsters,

Things have been crazy in the land of lorelei. I had a pretty extensive flare of psoriasis and a fall hit me late last year. Since late January I have been working on both medical issues along with my depression. Needless to say there is not a day during the week were I am not going to one medical appointment or another. My skin is clearing, slowly and I am in PT for my knee. The nice thing is I finally figured out why I have had knee problems for so long and I now have a plan to deal with it. Apparently my legs aren't exactly straight so my natural walk is pigeon toed, because of this my leg muscles have developed in a very unbalanced way, pulling the knee cap to one side of the joint and slightly out of its natural grove. Both legs have this problem but only the left one actually dislocates. With the right exercises I can rebalance my muscles and alleviate some of the strain. Hopefully this eliminates a need for surgery.

I should be able to pop in more frequently...now I have to catch up on what all of you have been up to.

-lorelei
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I want to be
    suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Hey Lorelei-

Good to see you. Sounds like you've been through the ringer. Good news that the PT will stave off surgery. Phew!!! and that the skin is healing. You're on the mend, for sure !

Welcome back!

WW xx

Comment

Lorelei!!! You are not a subscriber but, I have been asking about you. So happy you checked in with us and let us know how you are doing. Sorry you are in so much pain my friend...:l Please keep in touch and know in your heart of hearts that people are here are thinking about you and truly care. Be well...
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hey Lorelei,

I had been wondering about you as well. Sorry to hear you have had such a run of bad luck. Hope some things are going well for you.

Keep in touch.

Comment

Thanks folks. This is just a bump in the road and all in the name of self improvement. I've got things mostly under control and don't feel overwhelmed as much as I did when all of this started. I do have to say that I was not as mods as I should have been during the initial stages of this stuff but I have decided to put a stop to it by a nice AF streak just to get my bearings back. Today is day 4 AF and I feel pretty good, except for the cold that I think I'm developing.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

-lorelei
          Suddenly I see
          This is what I want to be
          suddenly I see
          Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Working...
          X