TGIF Modsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TGIF Modsters

Good afternoon modsters, Back to normal here after two days without power. I just have a pile of laundry to do. Ducky, the AF I tried is Sutter Home Merlot fre, dated 2006, not sure if that was a good year for grape juice. Anyway Waves is right it does'nt match the real thing but seemed to work during my cooking which I decided was just mindless drinking. Maybe I' try and alternate regular glass them AF glass. A friend of mine said if you are use to drinking beer you drink fast. I'm suppose to sip my wine but when I get going I know I mindlessly go to fast. Just some of my observations. I think I'll make it a point to try as much of this AF stuff as possible, whatever works. I'll be your personal taste tester. Hoping you all a safe AF or Mods weekend !

TGIF Modsters

Hey Kat, glad you got your power back. Keep tasting for me, will ya? I have had some pretty decent AF beers, so wonder why they can't make AF wine that tastes a little closer. I am sure there are reasons.

Hubbie is heading to poker tonight so I have to make paninis (sp?) for him to take. Glad it's not at our house tonight.

Comment

TGIF Modsters

hi all I have also been looking for af wine but really haven't had any luck, so I stick seltzer, it soothere that booze craving.
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

TGIF Modsters

Hi all,

Kat, Sutter home merlot is my fave when I visit the states, because you cant get it in the UK, so when I saw that they do an AF version I got quite exited, for about a second when you said it wasnt that nice ........

Had a stressfull week so decided to start again with the supps and AF after my mum and dad return from the vacation (we are running the business and are extremely busy, working 14+ hour days, 7 days a week so have a wine to wind down). Still only been drunk once in 18 months so feeling OK.

LOve & Hugs to everyone .......
        sigpicXXX

Comment

TGIF Modsters

Betty Boop, I actually liked the Sutter Home AF Merlot. Waves posted on the last thread was'nt that fond of it. I need to try AF beer next.

Comment

TGIF Modsters

AF Wine

Hi

AF wine would be brilliant (as long as not too sweet). Think it's great here that people can admit that they like the taste of wine and beer. I do and that's a biiiiggggg part of the problem for me!!!

Trying Mon and Tues next week AF - wish me luck!

Comment

TGIF Modsters

My favorite AF is Sutter Home red. I like it better than their merlot. I went out with friends last night and over did it. I feel like I was smoking, my lungs hurt. It was just the smoke in the bar, but never noticed that before when I was smoking myself.
              Marcie

Comment

TGIF Modsters

Trader Joes sells some AF wine, Ariel, Ithink...just buy grape juice then you won't think your going to get anything close to the taste of wine. I think beer is easier for the flavor is not just the yeast....were as to wine, it's the grape that makes the taste and the AL....so we need to contact the farmers and get them to do something dif. with their vines...
                i agree it is nice to have a place on this site to be true to our taste buds....
                i sent a thread like this a souple of days ago and their was a great recipe with pom juice.
                will look for it and get back to you all...

Comment

TGIF Modsters

found it!

"Instead of Cranberry Cocktail Juice, look for the 100% Cranberry Juice- NOT 100% juice, because that is mostly apple juice with some cranberry added.

The cranberry juice is more expensive- 32 ounces is anywhere from $ 5 to $10. If you look at the calorie count, there is 60 calories per 8 ounce serving; 15 g of carbs (8g sugars).....

Mix one cup of cranberry juice with 24 ounces of water. Bring to a low boil. In cheesecloth or tea ball or infuser, add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Add to juice and turn the stove off. Let cool, add freshly squeezed orange and lemon slices. You can sweeten it with artificial sugar...

This reminds me of a German mulled wine that I adore.... after it's cooled, I will still cut it with sparkling water/club soda.

BTW, this is an excellent "liver detox" drink, and it's all natural!
                  Cheers! "

This was posted in General under "Any good AF drinks" beg. of the week.
                  The recipe comes from Happy Not Happy Hour...
                  Enjoy!
                  flyin'

Comment

Working...
                  X