Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in with Mods Group

Hi all:

I wanted to introduce myself and say that I'd like to start checking in here more regularly. I started the program in January and check in most every day(ODAT, Monthly Abs), use drink tracker, but haven't posted a lot mostly because I'm not counting up AF days, or commiting to AF days first thing in the morning.
    My mods approach has been to accumulate as many AF days/month as possible (managed 21/31 in January; not so many in Feb- but was on vacation; doing well in Mar) but I don't "plan" ahead which days I'll drink or not. I don't drink at home anymore, so if something comes up where I go out, I may or may not have 2 glasses of wine. My goal is to limit to 2 drinks/day and 7 drinks/ week.

After a couple of months now I'm feeling a bit less of a "newbie" and would like to be able to chat a bit about the challenges inherent in mods (like: can I have alcohol in the house?) and hope this is a forum for that!

I'm a single Mom of a 13 y/o daughter, work in healthcare, live in US, grew up in the Midwest. .. more to follow

Hoping to get to know some of you better.
    Tx

G

Welcome Ask! Excellent job on the AF days.

I know for me I simply cannot have wine in the house or I will drink it (not to say I don't keep wine in the house but whenever I want to be AF I have to have it out of here). We have a fully stocked liquor cabinet that I could care less about but the wine gets me.

Wishing you the best and look forward to hearing more from you. :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi :welcome:to mods.......

I agree with Lushy, I only buy small amounts or I would drink it .......

Well done on your progress so far ...........
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi,
        First time in group. It looks like you try to be AF for as many days a month as possible. I will try that. I drink wine daily and would really like to cut down on the amount of wine I drink. Do you still buy wine daily and how much?

Comment

Daily Wine

Hi Lucille:
          :welcome:

Since Jan 2008 I only have wine when out at friends or at a restaurant. Then I limit to two glasses.

At home I have a AF beer or seltzer water.

Prior to MWO if I had a bottle of wine at home I would find it hard not to finish the whole bottle. I did go on vacation in Feb. where there was wine in the refrig. Some days I was able to have only two glasses and be satisfied. Other days I drank more, so I know I am not out of the woods. I do take the supps and Topomax and do not have many cravings, and am REALLY satisfied with 2 drinks when I am out.

G

Comment

welcome!!

Welcome Lucille and Ask for Help.......:welcome:..................... I am going to migrate over to here in about a week, cuz I will have done the 30 days by next Tues..................thanks for the great ideas, never buying it and having it in the house, that will help!:thanks:

I have 25 days AF under my belt, take Campral, tried to taste a beer just out of curiosity last evening, it tasted like SH*T!! Maybe that is the Campral..............ruined my drinking?

Hi to everyone here in modsville, look forward to joining you (hopefully!) next week, wish me luck!!

love,:h

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Welcome to Mods Cowgirl!

I recognize you from Monthly Abs and you've done SO WELL. CONGRATS !!!
              I've been on since January and remember your struggles post surgery. I'm looking at some shoulder rehab, and am frustrated with my inability to do the play tennis so I can relate.

So it will be good to see you here. I know you're thinking about this carefully and wonder if you've thought about your personal goals? I think it really helps to have a plan so you know if you're meeting your goals. There are lots of threads where people discuss what their mods goals are.

I hit the point the same day 4 the Boyz did the other day thinking why do i have to stick with this one goal I set (for me it is not having alcohol at home?) I actually bought a bottle and had drinks at home, still kept within my goals of AF days and drink/week. But I realized it not the path I want to return to, poured the rest of the bottle out, and have returned to my rule of no alcohol at home because that's what's gotten me where I am today, happier, healthier and managing alcohol instead of it managing me.

So a long way of saying welcome, and looking forward to getting to know you better!

Ginny

Comment

Ask for help - I really think, if you are going mods, that the best plan IS not to have any at home. The times I went mods, I was fine in a restaurant, or a public place of any kind, could have 1/2 and leave it at that - it was when we had a nice big bottle in the fridge at home that I would go past my "limit". I never have alcohol in the house anymore, except when we have family over. Then I buy the smallest amount that will allow everyone a glass or two, and after everyone goes, I pour the rest into containers and freeze it. Then I use it in cooking. Frozen and defrosted wine just tastes funny, so never any urge to drink it.

Good luck whatever you decide.
                The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                X