Check In Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check In Time

Ok, Ask--I'm starting a check in thread--you'll soon find out I suck at this! How about a continuation of Ripley's thread from yesterday?

What are YOUR moderation goals?

I guess I haven't really set any definite goals. Commitment here seems to be an issue.
    So, here goes:
    No drinking alone for sure!
    No drinking at home for "awhile"
    Limit of 4 beers this weekend
    Remember to drink water between beers!

So far, I have cut my beer consumption down from probably a 30 pack per week to maybe 10 beers a week. (a couple on Wednesdays, and too many on Saturdays)

Okay, who's going to start the thread tomorrow???
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Check In Time

Hey Mimi - and modders to come:

Good goals! What is that little guy doing at the bottom of your signature, not smoking?

My goal for today: AF, although it is my afternoon off so I could have some wine. . BUT I'm really trying to lose weight . . . and am going to yoga class tonight . . . so I guess YES, its AF. Somedays it's hard to make a solid commitment until until after the 5 - 7 PM witching hour.

Talked to my counselor today about my chafing at my own rule about 'no wine at home"; have tried it once or twice lately, and have been able to moderate (stop at two glasse). Her first response was "you could throw the rule out" . . . (just to be provocative, I think) but to remind my this whole mods idea is my decision, and I can go back to drinking the way I was. Question is: do I want this "new life I have" ANSWER = resounding YES. After some discussion I decided still it's a good rule for me: I need to be more social because I was getting too isolated at home w/ a 13 y/o daughter who can be critical of my every breath (literally).

So for now, no drinking at home . . . if I want of glass of wine, I need to make the effort to go out. Longer term strategy may be to have someone at home to have a glass of wine with . . . ah dating, now there's a scary thought.

Hope everyone is having a successful day. Check in if you can!

G

Comment

Check In Time

Hi Modsters, :welcome:
      Just had 2 molars pulled this morning...so I'm kicking back a bit this afternoon.
      Kinda feeling like a long day already, (the 74 mile drive didn't help either... although it was really pretty..just stormy, typical, coastal thing...)

Hope everybody's havin' a good day.

Think I might try some chix broth in a bit if my mouth ever quits bleeding...
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Check In Time

Pulled teeth: OUCH! :upset:
        Take gentle care of yourself!
        G

Comment

Working...
        X