Why is my husband this way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had planned on this being an af day but once again I am getting my a__ chewed out over nothing. It's always why don't you f----- people ever listen to me, I always have to f----- repeat myself, mind you he doesn't talk he screams and has to make everyone in the office feel belittled, embarressted, degraded and the list goes on and on. I'm the only one in the office today so its all directed to me. But I know when we go home the only way to keep him from not talking to me is if I am drinking. I just want to run away but am broke nothing in savings, no family here and none of them have any money either. Been married 31 years no pension, no nothing!
    I can't express my anger because everything is a debate and its always someone elses fault. I hate , hate , hate it!!!

I know people will say just leave him and go where with what?

I wish I would have left years ago but now its not so easy to pack up go.
    If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at begin to change.

Gemmy, so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. It sounds like an awful working environment for everyone. I don't have any great advice other than try to focus on not giving in to drinking. Maybe once you can get that more under control (I am still working on it) you will be able to make some decisions about how to improve the situation?

Hugs girl.:h

Comment

Gemmy, I'm not sure what field you or your husband are in but I once heard the worse thing you can do is work with your spouse. My mom once said you could spend all day with JC (jesus christ, the most perfect person) and want to kill him too. As well running a business is very stressful, not that I have to tell you. It sounds like what ever is stressing him he is taking out on everyone else. The ones we love sometimes get it the worst. Maybe you can get at the root of whats stressing him or at least not work together. No expert here, you can just tell me to shut the hell up. Don't let stress lead you to AL.

Comment

sounds like an ass@#@. screaming people are awful to be around. If he screams at everyone including you in front of others. he must have no self control.

he could also be under enormous stress which could bring out the worst in anyone.

feel sad for you, that racket is so hard and painful to be around

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement and not bashing me. I knew better than to come back to this area and work with my husband again but was made all kinds of promises. Blah blah blah. We are under stress (who isn't right now) but that still is no way to be a manager/owner. He has never had any people skills and is so different around other people so no one see's it except us and trust me he is a bully. Alot of the stress isn't from work and we just don't know how to deal with it. Someday I will get the courage to get it all out
          If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at begin to change.

Comment

Working...
          X