Modsters Monday - Cinco De Mayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I am not the only one who took the weekend off from MWO. I kept thinking all weekend that I really needed to get on-line and post, but then another something to do kept coming up. The good news is that there were a lot of great something?s to do.

Saturday I spent the day training for my Mt Rainier climb later this month - I climbed Mt. Lady Washington in Rocky Mountain National Park. - What a day! Blue cerulean skies, white titanium snow crunching under my crampons while I climbed and not the slightest breeze to remind me of winter?s past. I was warm and happy and my breath did not even show as I pressed for the summit. I was out for 8 hours and only saw 1 other person. That feeling of being alone with the world is indescribable. I topped that day off by having a wonderful seafood dinner with down2earth, another MWO member and got to learn all about her recent new love affair. The romance of new love in this story is filled with hidden bank vaults; picnics on roof tops flanked by gargoyles and haunted old buildings explored in dusty old basements. I was on the edge of my seat! Not sure what was better, the goat cheese and walnut crusted salmon with parmesan risotto or the love story.

Sunday was an early celebration of Mother?s Day since I will be out of town next weekend. Gorgeous weather again, brunch prepared by the family on the back deck with mimosas, flowers and presents! I received stationary to write to all the people I love who, now with my daughter graduation, will no longer be close at hand, new fins and an underwater flashlight for night-time snorkeling. Have a trip to Mexico planned in September! After that affair I made 50 muffins and 8 quiches for my daughter?s upcoming graduation brunch. Whew!

Monday has brought yet another wonderful weather day and since I have somehow managed to sign myself up for a 24 hour mountain biking race I will have to find some time today to not allow work interference get in the way of some much needed training.

There, all caught up.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I sure did. All that and I only had 3 drinks on Sat and 2 on Sun. Sat demanded a beverage in the backyard to celebrate my summit and then wine with salmon and love story friend down2earth. Mother?s Day mimosas are, of course, tradition. Excuses, excuses. Anyway, I plan to be AF this week. Stay tuned.

:banana::band2::rockband::disco: i love cinco de mayo
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Croft, your w/e sounded great! It is so nice to be alone in nature. I cannot believe how many events you have coming up; you must be a great multi tasker.

Hi tlrgs!

It was quiet this w/e. Hopefully some more modsters will weigh in.

Comment

Hi Croft and tlrgs,
        I have never posted here but hope to be to be with you in about 10 days. I am on day 21 AF and doing very well. This is the first time I have ever tried it. Have been drinking about 10 years daily, always wine, about a bottle per day, more on weekends. Work full time, married with one child. Always feel guilty, depressed, etc.... known for some time the need to BREAK THIS CYCLE. I feel great and energized and am so entrigued by your story Croft! Wow, what a woman!!! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Before AL, I am now almost 47, I was an avid runner, biker, tennis player, golfer, anything to be outside. I hope to get back into something not that I am not letting it run my life. I hope to mod. I have read a lot about it and plan on "not drinking at home", only while out , and setting limits. I also plan on not letting every "outing" being a special occasion because it very well could be. I've been socializing as usual and made it though some weekends rather easily so I hope I am ready to mod after my 30. I plan to visit you frequently and take up some hobbies and gain inspiration from you guys!!!
        Have a wonderful day!!
        jane
        jane

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
        - Author unknown

Comment

janedunn26 - welcome, welcome!!!! let's get you back to that active lifestyle!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X