Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Had a nice AF day yesterday despite Cinco de Mayo and the mandatory margarita everyone else around town was, I am sure, enjoying!

Instead i enjoyed an afterwork mountain bike ride that ended right as the last shadows were cast - barely made it back to the car. Rode a new trail and since it was new had no clue how long it would take. So glad for the new trail though - one of the funnest ever!!!! Very fun rock challenges!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day no matter what your modding goals for today are. My day is a AF one.

I am so fricking happy to be on this modding month!!!!

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Hey Modsters,

Croft, sounds like a better way to celebrate anyhow. Was planning on making fajitas but our market was out of the cilantro I needed to maybe tonight.

Back from pilates and a ton of work to do.

Hope all is well with the crew.

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Hi everyone! A beautiful, productive day here. Was AF yesterday and today and did 2 miles so, feeling great today. I even switched from coffee to tea this morning. Every little bit helps.

Miss that Boulder clean air smell and riding my mountain bike. Croft, you are bringing back memories for me!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

I wish I had the pilates gut!!!! I fear I still have my beer gut - better get some situps going on.

You all are welcome to visit me in Boulder anytime!!!!

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Beautiful weather here again today. Got to pull myself away from the computer and get out there!!

Had 1 Bud Light with Lime last night. Now that's pretty much a first--1 beer, not one after the other! Feels pretty damn good! Hubby seems to be worried about me though-must be changing too much for him. Someday, I'll have a long talk about it, but for now, he'll just have to try and understand I need to do this to stay off the ciggies. If it takes, Church, Bible studies, a lot of computer time, eating healthier, cleansings, no beer at night when he gets done working finally......so be it!

later gators, (and wild buffs):H
          mimi
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Hi Moders,

i am new here. i am 33 and i have been an alcoholic for 12 years. my husband of 9 years is also an alcoholic. for the past 7 years i have been drinking a bottle or two of wine a night. we have been trying to quit drinking for 7 yrs. recently with the help of this site i got 10 days AF. since then i have been trying to moderate but i am not sure how to do it. it seems i cannot stop after one or two drinks.

how do people moderate? any suggestions?

peace and love,
            lizzie:h:h
            peace and love,

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

If you cannot stop after one or two drinks then you might not be ready to moderate yet.

You may need to do some other work first. Have you read RJs book? I would strongly recommend doing that first. Are you taking any of the supplements or taking advantage of the hypno CDs?

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

ty Croft,

i am taking supplements and have one CD. i don't have RJ's book yet.

thanks for responding!!!

peace and love,
                lizzie
                peace and love,

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Hi Lizzie,

I agree with Croft - get the book. You can download it for $12 and read it immediately. It's a great book and easy to read.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Howdy Modsters:
                    Just checking in to say all is groovy with me.
                    Last two days have been sunny so am back exercising. Great yoga class last night and rode bike to and from work today. Last weeks "injection" seems to have helped as my shoulder wasn't sore today after yoga last night. Hope this does the trick. I was supposed to have an injection into my neck last week, but they decided to try shoulder first . . . less risky.

Have to say after 4 months mods I am just so damn happy and proud of myself. All I'm on now is Topa; took the rest of the supps the first 3 months but feel fine now without them. I feel like I have a new life, one not controlled my alcohol. I also have more confidence that this "new life" is not just a phase I'm going through, but something I can life for the rest of my life. I'm so grateful and happy to have found this place, and to have had the support and honesty of everyone on this board to help me figure things out. THANK YOU.

Well: that's the news from Lake Wobegon as they say in my birth state of Minnesota. Hope everyone else in Mods land is good.

Do you think we need to send out an APB for St. Jude? She's not checked in for a while!

G

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Thanks for checking in Ask. Sounds like you are doing great!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Modster Tuedsay - May 6

Ask for Help: keep us posted on the injection - injuries are hard to overcome. Glad to hear you were able to get through yoga. I have struggled to get into a yoga class I can enjoy. Just not my thing I guess. Hoping you get better soon.

I feel the same way as you about mods. Just so happy!

APB for St. Jude? Couldn't hurt!

Comment

Working...
                        X