Vlad is back from Croatia!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back from a great holiday - just come back from 35 degrees and gloriously sunny to 15 degrees windy and raining. Hey and I didn't screw up drinking too much vodka! Spent lots of time on the beach and in the sea, visited Dubrovnik, Brač, Omi? and went on a glass bottom boat ride, of which the guy opposite me was more fascinated with the fact there was an empty can of redbull on the bottom of the sea rather than looking at the fish... 'Oi, smatreet - redbull!' lol. Oh and watched the Euro 2008 Croatia matches of course! Admittedly I did drink every day but it was very paced, stuck to medium beers (rather than half litres) and I don't think I ever drunk more than 2 drinks in one session - couldn't resist the free brandy though... sorry. I always usually pick up some vodka from the duty free but this time I didn't - bought my parents a bottle of Croatian red wine instead.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Morning Vlad good to hear you had a good time. Seems like you've taken to moderating quite well. I'm so pleased for you that you've managed to get some kind of control over your drinking. I hope you can continue with this back home now.

What's a 'smatreet' when it's at home???!!!!lol you're such a 'card'!!

Keep up the good work Vlad. It's good to see you back and in good spirits and not soaked in those white ones instead.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

'smatreet' is Russian for 'Look!' so 'Oh look, Redbull...'
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Oh right!!!lol

ya learn something new everyday here!!!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Trying to think of some quirky stories... oh yes, I decided to try and have a go at snorkelling, after many attempts I finally got the mask on and went swimming, face under the water - for the first few seconds I thought it was cool, took a breath - and then I thought, 'That's freaky, being able to breathe under water...' and then panicked - I came back up in a fluster, looked across at the beach and some Germans were laughing at me, as in a distressed fashion I handed the snorkel back to my husband and said 'No, I don't like that...'

Comment

Vlad, sounds like you had a wonderful time in Kroatia. I just love that place. My BIL has a ship sitting at a Marina there and we flew into Split and then got picked up and spent the first week on the ship. Took some time getting used to cramped quarters. Then we took an island tour. My alltime favorite is Korcula. They say that Marco Polo was born on Korcula. It is a very old Venetian town and the stones are paved with limestone blocks that have been polished like marble over the millennia. Dubrovnik is slowly getting restored to it's old splendor. Oh, I want to go back right now.
            Ciao, Lori.
            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

:welcome: Back Vlad! Sounds like a wonderful trip! Congrats on Modding so well. I know what a challenge that can be, while vacationing...:goodjob:

I prefer staying on the surface of the water too! That's why I have a "sit on top" kayak, don't do too much white water anymore, just a few surf waves here & there...
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
              X