August 6th Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 6th Daily Thread

I know it's mid-day and some folks have posted today on yesterday's thread, so be sure to read there too . . .

But just wanted to welcome everybody to Wednesday mods and say check in if you want, we're all here.

I am feeling GREAT about my recommittment to my goals: I know it's not the Topo yet, it's my attitude. I just feel more at peace with the decision to stick with the program I initially set up for myself.

For the past few weeks I've been reconsidering whether I wanted to be more relaxed, not counting days or drinks, just going with the flow. I'd noticed that some on mods choose to drink more often, or perhaps a bit more than me, but also that some drink a lot less often than me.
    So I feel that after 6 mo. it was OK to reconsider whether I wanted be more flexible and whether I wanted (needed) to continue the Topa. But it feels good to have decided.

Onward.
    G

August 6th Daily Thread

Hi Ask and thanks for getting us started today (or tonight here in the UK!). You sound in a good place having made your recommitment!! One things for sure is that we have to do whats right for ourselves, no-one else.

I too feel at some kind of peace with myself - I'm not letting alcohol have that hold on me it once had and thats a good feeling. So much has happened over the last few years with my family, especially this last year losing Dad, and my mam's alcoholism but I think, I really do think, I'm starting to get my life back......

best wishes,

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

August 6th Daily Thread

Janie, I couldn't have put it better - could have written your post myself!

Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

August 6th Daily Thread

Just checking in this evening . . . Hi to Janie: thanks for your post. I can testify having met you that you are a good giving person, and I'm glad you're feeling good about yourself. It shows!

Hi Janice: guess I didn't notice you were in the UK (not too observant, huh?) . Guess that means you're first up and can start us off tomorrow, OK :-).

Fondly,

Ask

Comment

Working...
        X