on day 10 and dreaming about AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logged on this morning just to read the posts from overnight and remembered as I sat down that I had a dream during the night....in the dream, I didn't drink a glass of wine, or a mixed drink, or a beer...but I accidentally discovered that I had eaten liquor filled chocolates. I thought to myself, well that doesn't count, does it? And had another! I could really taste the liquor - so strange! I was thinking about the use of wine in cooking yesterday evening and maybe that was why this dream surfaced. Clearly, I'm thinking about AL a lot even subconsciously! Anyway, after today I'll be 1/3 of the way to my 30 day goal before trying moderating. Feeling good today
    Frances

Fantastic news on day 10 frances!!!
    :sun:

Comment

Good for you on 10 days, Frances! And yeah, those dreams are pretty common. Once in a while I dream that I was drinking, and in the dream I feel horrible that I allowed that to happen... when I wake up, it takes some time to convince myself that it's OK, it was just a dream...

wip

Comment

I was at a dance in my dream last night. I got asked to dance. I said, "I can't dance ~ I haven't had a drink yet!". One more thing I'll have to learn how to do sober - LOL! Will the learning never end???:H
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Way to go frances on 10 days!!

I too dream bout al, it's there along with everything else in my dreams. So connected to everything I did. Not good to have my life centered around a toxin.

River....you're funny!!:H I can't dance sober either, it's on my list too.
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

OMG! I hadn't thought of dancing sober! Great.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Haha Greenie ~ it never ends! Thank God that there are no weddings, etc. in the foreseeable future for me. Not that I had any rhythm before, I just thought I did! :H
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Yay, Frances! Great work on 10 days!
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm on Day 16 now, and not dreaming at all. In fact, I'm sleeping so deeply, it's deeper than any sleeping pill I ever took. I think my body is trying to make up for lost night's sleep, or the years I was unconscious but not actually sleeping. I'm rested in the morning, but each night I'm just ready to zonk out again. Can't wait to do it tonight. Much more relaxing than drinking!

Comment

river0123;459188 wrote: ...Not that I had any rhythm before, I just thought I did! :H
                    Haha...reminds me of those who also think they are good singers when they're drunk!
                    Eve
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X