Mixed Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed Nuts

What a great combination of words....it's the name of: canned nuts, a movie with Steve Martin, family, and somehow today it's a feeling. Mixed nuts....

This week has been a lobgolly of time off of work, quality kido time, errands, shopping, cleaning, cooking, wrapping, thank you notes, planning, driving, pleasure, appreciation, coordination, frustration, elation, not much sleeping, 2 much drinking, thinking, hoping, planning, goal making. Burning the candle at both ends so the expression goes!

Still trying to find my nitch...my place in the world-a setttled place in my heart and soul. Cheering others on, sharing words of wisdom and support, while reflecting inwards and still fumbling. Along the way I've finally connected some dots---I drink to numb and hide from that unsettlness (is that a word?) and empty place that I seem to contain. I keep busy to avoid dealing I guess. So I'm going to jump forward with the pros of this post in a most positive manner.

2009 Resolution: Look inward, learn, feel, focus, be, save, twirl, less distracting myself from my feelings and thoughts, no more drinking to become numb, more quality memories and no more memory lapses.

Any other early bird resolution ideas?

Mixed Nuts

Hi Chacha;

Just seeing this post today. This thread is not as active as Long Term mods, so you might check in there.

There has been some discussion there about posting goals for the new year. My goals may be less about alcohol than my life, which I think is what you are getting at. Feeling instead of numbing.

Just wanted to say I have used this past year to address my excess drinking, and learn to mod. Found that working with a counselor to recognize that I drink to "numb" and to talk through some of those tough feelings I'd been avoiding (loneliness, sadness, anger) has been a big help. Just a thought for the new year.

Will be looking for you on Long Term Mods.

Ask

Comment

Working...
    X