Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im new

Hi everyone,
    I have never joined a forum before so not sure what to do, but I really want to cut down on my drinking, or rather the amount that I drink. I only drink about twice a week but I tottally go for it untill early hours in the morning, I just dont know when to stop. Has anyone got any good advise on how to cut down. Thanks:new::new:
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Im new

Hi Ronnie & :welcome:.

Probably the best advise I can offer is to get a copy of RJ's book first, and read it. There's a wealth of knowledge there...and it's a good read too.

Keep reading & posting there's also a lot of info here on the site... This a wonderful place with some great folks who've been there... and there's alot of support here.

The Just Starting Out thread might be a good place to check out as well...

I'm a true believer in exercise & a healthy diet, as part of my program ( a huge part of it actually) That seems to work for me... as well as the support here, L-Glutamine (daily), lots of water,...

Oh and of course a good sense of humor! Very important! Check out the Laughing Out Loud thread ...down below, (on the main page)

Again :welcome:
    See ya around campus!
    :l
    Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Im new

Thanks Judie, I will definately get the book and thanks for your advise
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Im new

Hello and Welcome
        It may also be helpful to you to check out the Toolbox Thread in Monthly Abs. Keep posting and asking questions. We are here for you.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Im new

Welcome Ronnie

I think going through some of the threads that were started here can be a lot of help, while you decide if you want to do this program which I recommend.

There is so much support and sharing here. It has helped me quite a lot. I don't come here as often as I used to, but still lurk and read to help me keep from getting into bad habits again.

Good luck
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Im new

Ronnie, find something to do ... to get AWAY from drinking!!! Become anything, get a job at Burger King, use that energy and make it worth living.

Ripps.

Hey :welcome:

Comment

Im new

Welcome ROnnie,
              You are at the right place really great support here !! Same here what helps me Kudzo,l-glutamine,water lots of it ,tea, yoga, walking, posting and reading everyday is the best !! also try ODAT treat in just starting !!! Again welcome
              Francine
              :beach:

Comment

Im new

Welcome
                Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Im new

Ronnie,
                  You are not alone with your problem. There are quite as few of us here who drank less than daily, but had difficulty stopping once we started. My binge time was Sunday afternoon, but that is history now. There are lots of interesting stories under Tell Us Your Story. My story there is called My Own Path.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                  X