drinking in mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drinking in mod

hi can you tell me have all mod drinkers done at least the 30 days af'as you no me and hubby doing this together and he suggested we could have a little drink at the weekend nothing on the scale of what we were drinking,but i don't no if that is a good idea so early on we only on day 2 of no drinking or smoking, the 2 seem to go hand in hand with us,any advise.thanks:thumbs:

drinking in mod

Way too soon! This is the kind of drinking thinking that we all have to put up with in the early days - dont listen to it as otherwise you will be back to square one before you even have time to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye! There is no hard and fast rule about the 30 days - it totally depends on the person but the 30 days seems tried and tested by most to give some distance and clarity about your own particular AL issues and to put a plan in place if you are going for modding.
    BH

Comment

drinking in mod

thanks boozehag,thought so got to stay possitive,thanks,signing off now to go to work will be back later

Comment

drinking in mod

I agree with boozehag! Way too soon! I'd give it at least 30 days if not more!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

drinking in mod

Try and do one day at a time, don't even think about the weekend, don't go there yet, too soon! Be strong!

Comment

drinking in mod

No, not a good idea.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

drinking in mod

I'm with these folks...

30 days is an arbitrary number. It certainly cleans out your system and gets you used to exerting some control over your habit.
              Does it seem too long? Too far away?
              Do this, at least; say "Honey,we are going to do 7 days come hell or high water and on day 8 we will have ONE little relaxing glass together."
              That makes it less hopeless and you can take it from there.You can go for more AF days, "one day at a time"(you'll be surprised how good you feel by then) or you can have that one little glass together at that point.
              ~Kid~
              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

drinking in mod

I'm new to modding as well... but I agree, that you should have some significant AF time under your belt before attempting to moderate. I had over 30 days AF, tried drinking once and wasn't entirely happy with the result - so I did another 30 days to be on the safe side.

Good luck and keep us posted!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X