X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sooo much to read..suggestions please?

5/22/9

Irish Eyes,
    Wondering how you're doing since you first posted this.

One key is learning your triggers. It sounds like you can drink moderately in controlled situations, e.g.
    out in public with (sounds like) controlled drinkers where you only have 2 or 3 (caution: this day and age with drinking/driving laws 3 is too much for a woman - al blood level would be too high to drive with 3).
    It also sounds like your weakness is the wine at home. So you do the controlled drinking out - have a nice buzz going and then when you get home you open a bottle of wine? Not safe.
    My advice as you're attempting to mod: get rid of the tempation. Don't allow wine in the house.
    Have things handy that are fun to drink (lots of posts here on good no-al drinks) and switch to a fun non al drink the minute you get home. So you still have the habit of the "glass in hand" but it's filled with non-al stuff.
    Good luck. Let us know how things are going.
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
    X